The Ranger's Tent | General Chatter

Loren Wade

Good Morning, Rangers!  I've been Scouting around since I joined NerdFitness, but after a long hard look at the last 6-8 weeks I have realized that as much as I like to run and do mindless cardio, I like to lift more.  At this point my main go is to finish my second 6-week challenge.  I'm planning on putting a healthy mix of strength training (moving towards heavy lifting and more warrior-like tendencies), and running/elliptical work (my scouting abilities).  I believe that lands me here, with the Rangers.  I'm looking forward to starting this next challenge with all of you!  

My ultimate goal is to, incidentally, wind up back with the scouts to complete a half-marathon pushing my daughter, who has Cerebral Palsy.  Hopefully adjusting my strategy will help me accomplish that goal over the next year.  

• Like 1

Level 2 Half-Elf Ranger

STR - 2 | DEX - 3 | STA - 4 | CON - 7 | WIS - 5.5 | CHA - 0

Current Challenge

#1, #2TWburn (MFP), FitForMyTwins

Weight Loss Meter : Starting 184.7 lbs, Goal: 140

13.65%
13.65%

"Imagine with all your mind.  Believe with all your heart.  Achieve with all your might."

hello ranger friends! had a question for you all.
i had my heart set on starting my next challenge on the first of November, but I'm guessing the challenge forum won't be up and running by then... is there a way i could start a thread and then move it once the challenge actually starts? or will i just have to be patient?

• Like 1

level 4 elf ranger
STR | 6    DEX | 5    STA | 6    CON | 4    WIS | 4    CHA | 8

Mevre you could use a battlelog to track the challenge until the new forums are up and running.

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

hello ranger friends! had a question for you all.

i had my heart set on starting my next challenge on the first of November, but I'm guessing the challenge forum won't be up and running by then... is there a way i could start a thread and then move it once the challenge actually starts? or will i just have to be patient?

Patience is over-rated.  Hop onto the mini-challenge in the PvP thread.

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

Hey gang! Sorry for the abrupt disappearance from the boards! I had a major life altering career change come to light (a good one) in the last week of September, and it has almost literally turned my life upside down.

I haven't even been able to log on to the boards up until this point- so I'm sorry if I am just getting back to anyone now.

My new job starts the first day of the next challenge, November 10th, so I will likely get the new boards posted (Unless Loren swoops in again to help. He's badass.) and that may be it for a few weeks. I believe @Dark_Raider will still be throwing some mini's out...

I apologize for any radio silence in advance. Once I get settled in the new biz and resurface I'll come around and see how you all are doing.

In the meantime- keep being awesome, keep kicking all the asses, and keep championing and supporting each other the way you all do!!!

Hugs and high fives-

Hammi

• Like 4

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

Hey, Hammi! Welcome back (even if just for a bit) and congratulations!

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

My new job starts the first day of the next challenge, November 10th, so I will likely get the new boards posted (Unless Loren swoops in again to help. He's badass.) and that may be it for a few weeks. I believe @Dark_Raider will still be throwing some mini's out...

Congratulations for the new job! All the good in this new chapter in your carreer. I'll keep pumping out minis next challenge, been meaning to get back on the storyline of exploring the island and investigating the red glow. Also taken some liberties as deemed necessary, such as posting the wrap-up thread. Hope it's ok

• Like 2

Lvl 58 Multitasker

Congratulations for the new job! All the good in this new chapter in your carreer. I'll keep pumping out minis next challenge, been meaning to get back on the storyline of exploring the island and investigating the red glow. Also taken some liberties as deemed necessary, such as posting the wrap-up thread. Hope it's ok

Where do these minis exist, and can brand-new level 2s join in?

• Like 1

Tzippi Longstockings, level 9 Ranger/Monk 

Battle Log - My Fitness Pal - Quest to Find My Epic Quest - Challenges:   #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7,

The Westerosi Fitness Tour: Dorne Stormlands Vale the Reach Westerlands The Wall 

MamaBear Kiss Off Waterbending Rounding <<Current

Awesome news Hammi. We Rangers are a great team so we can keep things ticking over in your absence.

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines