KitBi12 - Standing My Ground

KitBi12

I want to get to a point where moving up is infinitely easier than falling backward. I’ve been heading in the right direction, but after this challenge there should be no doubt to myself or those around me that this is a lifestyle and not a phase. Challenge 3 is a go!    

Part I:  Yoga (DEX 2, STR 1) at least once a week.

Part II: Cardio (STA 3) at least twice per week. Normally, I use the Cybex ARC Trainer (15/20 height, 20/40 resistance) for about a mile.  By the end of the challenge, I want to be able to go harder for longer (20/20 height, 30/40 resistance for 2 miles).  

Part III: Strength training (STA 3), especially for abs and upper body strength, thrice per week. I’m thinking jackknifes and burpees w/ pushups mixed with some other moves. Maybe I’ll be able to do crow pose at the end of this challenge.  

Life Quest: Get hired (Level up! CHA 5, DEX 5, WIS 5). Through a head hunter, I’ve been contracted to a wonderful company in a mentally stimulating position. My coworkers are lovely. Assuming I get hired at the end of my contract (within the challenge time frame), I should be at the position for at least a full year. Finding a 'permanent' position is my first post-college goal. Working with the same company for over a year my the second post-college milestone.

Diet Quest: Complete a Whole30 (CON 3). My boyfriend and I started in the evening, 13Sep2014. It’s high time to get all the junk out of my system and figure out what my body can do if I treat her right. Completing this with my boyfriend will show that he’s finally on board with living life to the fullest, and will stop trying to turn me into a little butterball.   

• Like 3

Kitsune Biologist, Druid

Level: 6

STR 10 | DEX 10 | STA 7.5 | CON 13 | WIS 16.5 | CHA 12.5

Ch. 1 Ch. 2 Ch. 3 | Ch. 4| Ch. 5| Ch. 6Ch. 7Ch. 8

RPG Fanatics

"Make a fray of your own." - E.O. Wilson, Advice to Young Scientists

Life Quest: Get hired (Level up! CHA 5, DEX 5, WIS 5). 

Working in a laboratory, DEX is key. WIS is based on my ability to become a SME (subject matter expert) at work. 

• Like 1

Kitsune Biologist, Druid

RPG Fanatics

Omg I was so not expecting his voice to crack at the end. What even. 

If you manage crow I will be super proud of you, but then we won't be able to be friends anymore because I'll be too jealous of your basassery. Just fyi :)

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

DarK_RaideR - I have some extra points for getting hired on because it's a major goal and a level up! of its own. I thought the other challenge portions were 5 points a piece. Did I not remember correctly?  I always appreciate lawyer mode. ;) 

ChristArtist - Any other plans for camp? I know yoga helped my back oodles when I first started. Just remember only to go as far as you feel the stretch but don't feel pain. No pain in yoga. 

Edigo - How have you been? Happy autumn. :) 

Flea, don't leave me! (I'll just have to keep my crow success a secret. :P

• Like 2

Kitsune Biologist, Druid

RPG Fanatics

Day 2 of Whole30 is a success! Luckily, I haven't hit the 'rage at everything' stage. My b/f decided this was the perfect time to reorganize the living room. I'm an easy going gal, but I really don't like my surprise deconstructed clutter. When I left, everything was clean except for a folded pile of laundry. When I got home, everything is thrown everywhere, and boxes were on top of the toppled clothes. Sets me on edge.  

But, it's okay! *hums happy music

• Like 2

Kitsune Biologist, Druid

RPG Fanatics

Assigning Attribute Points To Goals

*note: this is completely optional and just for fun. It is not a required part of the 6 week challenge.

After you have reached Level 2, you have the potential of obtaining 15 attribute points per challenge. These will be split up between your goals. 

You will decide on your own what attribute points to assign to each goal, based on the type of goal and what is involved. 

Now, there is a bit of strategy involved here - you want to put the most points towards either:
the goal you know you’ll do better on, or
the goal you need the most work with and encouragement to complete
If at the end of the challenge, you achieve these goals, you can add the attribute points to your character.

Notes:
*No more than 5pts per goal
*Every goal must have attribute points associated with it
*You really decide what attribute points, but people may make suggestions
*This is where having less goals is better - less goals to spread out the points between. (Hey, look, strategy!  )

Grading Yourself and Awarding Attribute Points

At the end of the challenge, give yourself a grade on how you did achieving your goals. Then, based on how you did, award points. Partial points are allowed.

A - 100% B - 75% C - 50% D - 25% F - 0%

Original post here

Wow, I have to restructure that. I must have latched onto the 'no more than 5 pts per goal' part. Silly brain. 

Thanks!

I went back and redid points for my last challenge too. *revels in the accuracy* :)

Kitsune Biologist, Druid

RPG Fanatics

At least your boyfriend is cleaning? I guess? Lol I'm trying to be positive for you. :) The worst part of cleaning/reorganizing/unpacking is the utter disaster you leave in your wake. Ugh..

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

lol. It's true. I have to keep reminding myself that the room will be clean eventually. 

Week 1! Week 1 was technically a failure, but it doesn't feel like I failed. 

I worked 60ish hours this week and cooked Whole30, so I didn't have the will or energy to make working out a priority. I found a bunch of great Whole30 recipes and have turned down every temptation that my office left lying around. However, the department went out for a Thank You Lunch in honor of a co-worker who is transfer departments. I learned where we were going ahead of time, planned out a Whole30 lunch, and was good to go! Until my supervisor changed restaurants last second. To an Asian Tea House (basically Chinese take-out). I just ordered sauteed veggies and fish - specified no sugar, no soy sauce, just oil. But I'm pretty sure it was sprinkled with MSG. My body felt fine but I had a wicked headache the rest of the day.

Whole30 start date: 18Sep2014. 

My boyfriend, the goofball, ate a cupcake in solidarity and started over with me. :) 

And if working that much to help with method validation doesn't show my boss I'm committed, I'm not sure what will. 

• Like 3

Kitsune Biologist, Druid

RPG Fanatics

High five to your boyfriend for being awesome. Sucks that you did everything you could to play by the rules and then someone else messed dit up for you. I definitely wouldn't call it a fail though. 

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Love tour boyfriends support! You did well to plan ahead for that lunch, too bad the resto changed last minut but you seemed to have made the best available choice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Level 7 Yogini green witch

STR 3 - DEX 3 - STA 10 - CON 12 - WIS 13 - CHA 6

Previous challenges : 1 || 2 || 3 || 4 || 5 || 6|| 7 || || 9 || 10 || 11

Current challenge : august 2020

Mantra : I am calm, I am love

The restaurant switch was frustrating, but I've already spent the last week going through the worst of the sugar detox. 

My b/f has been incredibly supportive, especially since the lack of sugar is hitting him hard. 

Kitsune Biologist, Druid

RPG Fanatics

The restaurant switch was frustrating, but I've already spent the last week going through the worst of the sugar detox. 

My b/f has been incredibly supportive, especially since the lack of sugar is hitting him hard. 

Yes the first half is physical detox. The second half is the mental test of wills and habit-breaking.  I know you can do this.

Found you, subbing, good luck! and I have several very tasty Whole30 compliant recipes in my battle log...(which has not been updated since I did my Whole30 LOL)

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: it's all routine

Spoiler

Magickal, Eclectic, Goddess, Level 64

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|68|

|My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Ha, Thanks Redeagle. I'll have to check your battlelog. 

I made a really yummy fish curry for my guests this past weekend. :) 

Week 1 complete! :D Still no time or energy to exercise though. 

I'm thinking about modifying this challenge to be solely about Whole30 and kicking butt at work. We're about to start a giant project at work, so I know scheduling is going to be a bear. The Whole30 site does advise focusing on only Whole30 your first time. 

It's not even that I don't want to go running or to yoga. I just go to work and get home exhausted (like, barely have the energy to cook). 

• Like 2

Kitsune Biologist, Druid

RPG Fanatics

That is not a bad idea...Whole30 is tough enough, especially the first time, without stressing everything else too...just my .02, keep the change ;)

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: it's all routine

Spoiler

Magickal, Eclectic, Goddess, Level 64

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|68|

|My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Things have gone topsy turvy this challenge. So, I’m reorganizing. As I’m not doing my initial challenge, my only level up will come from the Life Quest should I succeed. However, I think there can still be growth based on what I manage to do.

I’m treating this Challenge as an observational period. What does a Kit do when left to her own devices? I’m going to pay attention to the time I spend at work, how often I do fitness activities and  what they are, what foods I enjoy eating and how they make me feel, how much rest I’m getting, and how all of this affects my mood, social life, and mental clarity.

Let the observation begin!  

• Like 2

Kitsune Biologist, Druid

RPG Fanatics

My boyfriend and I have stopped the Whole30. So much strife. Temptation wasn't an issue, luckily, so I may try this again when things are calmer (or less official). I'm still cooking Whole30 style in the house, but I've removed his restrictions for eating out and being with friends. Suddenly, everything is calmer at home. 

Things are going really well at work. I've been put on some important projects. It bodes well, assuming my department gets clearance from corporate. It's a factor I have no control over. 

Observation 1 - My boyfriend is much happier eating Whole30 food when it isn't mandated. He actually enjoys the food when it isn't his only option. 

For those wondering why I don't just release the boy from his obligations and continue - He went far out of his way to do the cleanse with me. I can 'stop' the Whole30 to work with him. Compromise and support. :) 

Observation 2 - I have not been sleeping enough. Need to fix that... >.>

• Like 2

Kitsune Biologist, Druid

RPG Fanatics

Sorry things aren't working out right now. Observationing is a good goal too though!

Whole30 sounds hella stressful. kudos for trying and making it as far as you did with all the other stuff going on right now. :) And no, the restaurant fuckup totally doesnt count :)

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

I think I'm a little more outgoing than I used to be. I was going to sign up for a cooking class happening tonight as my prize from the last challenge. Alas, nuevo latin cooking is not Whole30. I remembered the class this afternoon and realized I could go! I called the shop to ask about space, used the time between work and the class to find a decent shirt*, and went to the class - short notice and everything! 

Totally worth it. The food was delicious. I knew the topic sounded tasty, but I had no idea the teacher would be the owner of a fancy local steak house. He claims to have only braised those short ribs for 3 hours, but he worked magic. They would have fallen apart if my fork gave them a coy look, let alone touched them. 

The tembleque may have given me a short lived sugar headache, but... totally worth it for the coconutty goodness. 

Chef Ortiz made two types of mofongo, a roasted carrot avocado salad, the coconut braised short ribs, pigeon pea fried rice with lobster, rum sweetened plantains, and the tembleque. I can send people recipies if requested. 

*I'm not used to being able to go into a normal store and just find things that look nice. I spent 20 minutes and found a cute top (size XXS (WTF? Doesn't even make sense)). The one I wore to work wasn't bad, per say. I hide it under my labcoat all day. It just wasn't something I wanted to wear when I'm showing up to an event last minute, alone. 

• Like 2

Kitsune Biologist, Druid

RPG Fanatics

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines