Language Exchange Topic - Find a buddy!

ch3

Fluent in English, a little above basic in Canadian French (but practicing constantly), learning Spanish.

"What doesn't kill me better start running", level 7 Furyan Assassin
My Journey From Fat to Fit: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|CURRENT

A proud member of the Champion House; Targaryen (Assassin's mini), Hufflepuff bravery is forgetting to be afraid because the thing is so important that the risk doesn't even matter (Assassin's mini) , Hellfire Club represent! (Assassin's mini)

Jonathan, Fluent in English, Learning Spanish, have a bit of German, eventually want to learn all the European Languages, Japanese, Mandarin and Korean,  pm or email!

https://www.duolingo.com/JonBoothby

I really need to work on my Spanish.

Argent, canton gules, chief dexter lion rampant or, armed and pizzled argent langued gules, sinister ramshead gules.

Shotokan Karate, Danzan-Ryu Jiu Jitsu, Fiorie Armizare

I KNEW if there are nerds there are language nerds too! I couldn't be the only one.

Morag - Geman (native), English (fluent), DGS german sign language (two courses), Spanish (DL lvl 10), Danish (DL lvl 7) - PM - Duolingo - Steam - skype only if I know you

Language bucket list: Plattdeutsch, Arabic, Dutch, Irish or Scots Gaelic, Tyrkish

Glad I found this thread.

Morag

• Like 1

Katrin the Morag Lvl 22 Cadet, half klingon, c-licensed trainer, mother of two, gaming nerd

Current Challenge

Road map to Level 50

Hi, everyone!

I was just coming to post a thread about finding someone to converse with and wouldn't you know -- there's already a thread for that!

Duolingo:  https://www.duolingo.com/RenStarks

I do well with duolingo in spurts.  Then I fall off and end up resetting everything.

Native:  English, Sarcasm, Southern

Proficiency Ratings:  Spanish - 32%,  French - 23%,  German - 17%
(I'm using this site for proficiency ratings:  http://www.transparent.com/language-resources/tests.html)

I took Spanish in high school and French in college and have used neither since.  (Hence, low proficiency scores.)  I'm currently working on German through Duolingo (LV 7.)

I'd like to find someone to email/text/social media with (at least at first) in ANY of the languages that I gave proficiency ratings.   

Thanks!

• Like 2

Level 0, Rebel, Agency Recuit 
STR: 0  |  DEX: 0  |  STA: 0  |  CON: 0  |  WIS: 0  |  CHA: 0
Battle Log:  Metamorphosis

Proficiency Ratings:  Spanish - 32%,  French - 23%,  German - 17%

I'd like to find someone to email/text/social media with (at least at first) in ANY of the languages that I gave proficiency ratings.   

We could message in French, or possible German? I'm focusing on Swedish right now, which is just enough like German to throw me off. So French would probably be preferred. ^_^;

HI, I'm going to throw my name in the triwizard cup here as well.
Native german speaker, basically fluent in english, currently learning/ just starting to learn japanes
native- german, fluent: english, absolute beginner: japanese

I'm actually considering adding language learning to my next challenge.

If anyone wants to practise their german, no matter their level, feel free to talk to me.
I've got skype and E-Mail.

Achillessehne

Human Assassin Lvl 2 

Feel free to add me in skype "mearuwankel", just mention nerdfitness.

Ok guys,  this is becoming quite large to manage, I'll make a spreadsheet or something, any ideas?

Probably best to do a tab per language. Then in each tab one row for fluent/native one for practicing and the relevant names underneath?
  • Like 4

"What doesn't kill me better start running", level 7 Furyan Assassin
My Journey From Fat to Fit: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|CURRENT

A proud member of the Champion House; Targaryen (Assassin's mini), Hufflepuff bravery is forgetting to be afraid because the thing is so important that the risk doesn't even matter (Assassin's mini) , Hellfire Club represent! (Assassin's mini)

Probably best to do a tab per language. Then in each tab one row for fluent/native one for practicing and the relevant names underneath?

Good idea, I'll take only the languages and delete the fluff in order to organize better.

I figured out how to make tables in the post!!! :D

RuF3gA9.jpg

Now I have a lot of work to do, thanks for patiente guys! :) 

• Like 2

Fake alarm....

[table]
[th]User[/th]
[th]Knows[/th]
[th]Learns[/th]
[th]Likes to talk by[/th]
[th]Duolingo[/th]
Aalex
Polish, English
German, Russian
Skype, Whatsapp, Email
[/td]
CH3
Spanish
English
Skype, Whatsapp
ch3
[td]
[/table]

It'dbe nice to have a table here, but seems I'll have to make an external table  

---edit

I'm just doing languagerebels.ch3.im, it's easier, I'll post update the post  when it's online
  • Like 2

If anyone would like to chat in Spanish please pm me, I'm at the point that I need to be talking to real people

Argent, canton gules, chief dexter lion rampant or, armed and pizzled argent langued gules, sinister ramshead gules.

Shotokan Karate, Danzan-Ryu Jiu Jitsu, Fiorie Armizare

Lol adding as well:

Native: Dutch, Sarnami, Hindi

Fluent: English 

Average: Spanish, German, French, Sanskrit

Basic: Japanese

Recovering from an epic clash with gravity, which I lost.

Nobody gets out of life, alive || Senpai noticed me! || Company of unemployed superheroes

Trying to get back on the forums and back in exercising in life any help motivation is welcome

Wait, you know Sanskrit? Major kudos to you, mate!

Considering my skin colour it would be weird, if I didn't know :/ I know a bit of polak too. :D 

Nobody gets out of life, alive || Senpai noticed me! || Company of unemployed superheroes

Trying to get back on the forums and back in exercising in life any help motivation is welcome

LOL!! Well, I guess that makes sense. Unfortunately, I'm not all that familiar with languages off the Indian continent, sorry!

Oh noes! My bad. I meant polski :D Polak is the dude :P And I know all the bad words :P And I am not from the indian continent :/ Actually born in South America, my parents moved a bit later.

Oh noes! My bad. I meant polski :D Polak is the dude :tongue: And I know all the bad words :tongue: And I am not from the indian continent :/ Actually born in South America, my parents moved a bit later.

LOL! I see that we are doing a comedy of miscommunication and assumption over a number of different threads :P I'm amused by that ^_^

Everybody learns the bad words first >_<

• Like 1

LOL! I see that we are doing a comedy of miscommunication and assumption over a number of different threads :tongue: I'm amused by that ^_^

Everybody learns the bad words first >_<

Lol, good to know you are amused.

On a more serious note, I want to learn Russian.

As I am deployed, I mostly communicate through facebook chat. Heather Lenero on fb, send me a message and let me know you're a rebel

https://www.duolingo.com/nedders

Native English speaker, mainly wanting to learn Spanish (mexicano), but also currently working on Turkish, on the back burner is German and Irish Gaelic; my husband is learning Italian so I started that but fizzled, also fizzled with French. 

Level 2 Furyan Ranger    You keep what you kill

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 3
6.1 6.2 | Duolingo | Daily Fitocracy

Spoiler

Captain Hammer: Have I seen you at the gym?

Billy: [smiles] At the gym!

Captain Hammer: [to himself] I don't go to the gym, I'm just naturally like this...

Native English speaker.

Have studied, but not sure how much I remember :) : French, Spanish, Hindi.  

Currently resurrecting my college French using Memrise (currently loving it more than Duolingo although I have an account there too.).   Looking for someone to practice writing to - email or PM here or Facebook okay. 

level 3 Hobbit - Assassin

Alchemist - transforming myself one day at a time.

"Wit beyond measure is mans greatest treasure." - Ravenclaw

Current challenge: River Tackles the Basics

Previous: #1#2

Doodlies

Weight Loss

16.8%
16.8%

To Mordor

0%
0%