• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

18ck

18ck Was Only Supposed To Blow The Bloody Oars Off

hey for you I might even wear a cheerleaders' outfit -- oh hell to the no, I don't love you that much!

*sulky face*
  • Like 1

Wow, my unintentional puns are worse than my deliberate ones!

I was wondering about that one. Good job on week 4. Hopefully you have enough momentum going now to finish strong the last two weeks of the challenge. Then the long break. :(

Another PR? Badass*, indeed!

*Autocorrect wants to make this Hadassah. I have a hard time believing an obscure biblical name is in more common use than Badass. Who designs these things?

Obviously aimed at a very niche market.

Anyway, I had a good evening lifting the heavy things. I had the place pretty much all to myself and I just took time working up. I can squat with 20kg on each end of the bar now. When I started I could barely do it with a ten on each end, so I am a happy Scout. The rowing club has fitted mirrors now in the weight room so I can see how ripped I am. As you can see, my arse and legs are getting really wide, my arms pleasingly bent and after a lot of work, my head has shrunk almost to nothing. Rawr!

f8f51b30ddb2ed5c838e1a1b68f5e2f2.jpg

• Like 2

How was the day for Mr. Tall, Little Head, Skinny Arms today?

Did he row? Or lift? Or run? Or bike?

Damn it man, just tell me! lol

No rowing that day - I was destroyed so I had a rest but did manage some Portuguese. Today I went to circuits. It was a challenge to get there and I had to run from the station but it was good. Blimey, as much as I prefer the solitary arts of scoutitude, there's something about being in a group that pushes you much, much further than you would otherwise go. I was absolutely cream-crackered by the end. It's a long, working weekend now, climax of the project and after that nothing but blue skies, unicorns and a normal schedule, so I should be able to get back into being a Scout again. Thank God, thank Muhammed, thank Buddha, thank the Flying Spaghetti Monster..
  • Like 1

Mm, what were they thinking? "I know, let's get a load of old carnival mirrors so people can see warped, nightmare versions of themselves. That'll keep them motivated!"

• Like 3

I'm in a hotel tonight, to be near the action. They've got a gym so I'm intending to make use of it in the morning.

• Like 1

BTW, while I was waiting for my turn at the push-up circuit yesterday, I had a look at a framed black and white picture in the far corner of the hall. It was a crew of young men in a wooden boat in 1987, competing in a race. I recognised three of them as people I know now as guys in their fifties and sixties, as senior members who do a lot of coaching, boat maintenance and so on, as well as keeping up with rowing, and it was quite inspiring to see them all back in the day, all at their peak at around the same time.

It's not a very well-formed thought but i felt like sharing, so...

• Like 2

*sickening sound of metal as the fitness train crashes off the rails*

A second night in the hotel. I wasn't expecting this so I don't have spare socks and pants but I do have a book so no worries. Stress mounted during the day and I started picking at the dodgy milk chocolate and crisps on offer. I didn't go to the gym either. So...

.... I've made sure only healthy food is in reach (coconut water, fruit, nuts, meat and veg) and I'll do some push-up tonight before bed - aiming for 150 in 3 sets. I don't have to be on site early tomorrow so I will definitely hit the gym properly then head for work and get through things quickly so I can get the fuck home to my family.

• Like 1

Ditto. Never two times in a row.

I know it's frustrating, but the long haul is just that. You will find ways to do better in tough situations. It's what we're all working on. There's no such thing as 100% consistency. So, don't let a bit a crisps waylay your long term plans. You can be in the zone anytime you want.

Cheers 

Well the first bit went well - I had only good things at dinner time but today was another disaster. I overslept really badly, far, far, far too late for the gym, got into work where awfulness was happening, had to keep myself from strangling a cow-orker, and ended up working till after half past nine on only one cup of coffee, a couple of biscuits and a few crisps. The trains aren't running to Kew this weekend either so I ended up traipsing back to the hotel. Well, no worries anyway - we got everything squared away in the end so I'm no longer in oh-my-god mode and normality has been restored.

Now I just have to get through tomorrow. The plan is the same: gym early. I already stink after 3 says with only two pairs of undies, so I suppose nobody will want to sit near me. Ah well, that suits me.

Well, I made it. I got down to the gym before anyone else, committed a vile, subversive act by turning all the TVs off and did a session on the rowing machine. Then I did a quick whizz run around the block. No distance at all, really, but quite fast and it woke me up. I stopped at a bike café where I bought a clean t-shirt and some Tour de France themed undies to minimise my stink and after a day of mopping up day 1 probs, went home earlyish and caught up on the daughter who seems to have spent her time bouldering and playing the violin.

Tomorrow's plan: it'll be my last(ish) day so busy. In early so I can get away in time to do some lifting in the evening and be ready to start my new gig the following day.