Shortstuff is back and still walking to Mordor in a pretty dress

shortstuff

Main quest: walk to Mordor in a pretty dress

Translation: use the walk to Mordor as motivation to get more active, and use pretty dress as motivation to lose weight

Goal 1: do 450,000 steps

If I average this out it would be just under 11,000 steps per day or 75,000 steps per week, something which is total doable provide I don't get behind.

Mini goal: 75,000 steps per week to help prevent getting behind

Goal 2: 2 runs a week

The past year I have been really slack in the whole running thing, I just lost all motivation for it, even though I enjoyed it, so now I'm hoping to change that.

Goal 3: take a apple to work each day (or a suitable sub if out of apples)

This is so that when I'm at work and it's break time, and I'm hungry, I have a option other than junk food

Goal 4: work on my to read pile (read a min of 2 novels, and a min of 5 manga, plus 3 which could be any kind, for a total of 10 of my to read books)

I have a rather large to read pile, most of it manga, and that's not including the books I want to reread

Catching them all from my iPad using tapatalk

• Like 1

STR – 24.45, DEX – 13.50, STA – 23.50, CON – 21.40, WIS – 27.65, CHA – 4.50
When the sun comes up, you better start running - Thomas Friedmen
Epic Quest - Current Challenge - Twitter - Goodreads - Fitbit - blog

Shortie! It's ace to see you back, How have you been?

I hope you don't mind but you seemed to have multi-posted so I hid three of the four copies that turned up. The new version of Tapatalk seems to do that lately; when you post a new topic it says it can't connect so you try again and... etc. My lovely daughter did the same this morning when she posted hers. She has reached the age of Pokemon now so her avi is very similar to yours and she is planning to do the Neila Rey Pokemon Workout as part of her training to be an elite assassin.

Anyway, good luck with the challenge. Do you feel like your mood is swinging back in a more run-friendly direction now? I ask because I suppose I wondered whether - if you're not feeling very motivated to run - you might consider trying some other kind of workout to revive your interest...? Life's too short for doing things when your heart's not in them.

Just a thought, anyway, and feel free to ignore...

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

The return of the pretty dress, hooray!

Scout 30/Ranger 1 (3 skipped)

Spoiler

"I must not fear. / Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing......Only I will remain."
-Litany Against Fear

Facebook | Twitter | Runkeeper | Strava
Shukar Still Isn't Lion

That you have a total step count you're aiming for during the 6-week challenge instead of a daily or even weekly one is really great; you might have some bad days, you might have some really good days, and having a total count, I think, will make sure that everything balances out so that you can complete the goal with room for flexibility. 

And oh man, I'm familiar with having a "to read" pile of books that's taller than a 10-story building. There are worse things, I guess! Love that you have a plan in action for them, too. :)  

Good luck!!

Vicki | Sheikah Bard | Level 13

STR 32.5 | DEX 51.1 | STA 25.5 | CON 37.1 | WIS 26.0 | CHA 31.3

blkhoe24601 Gains the Power to Revolutionize the World

Past Challenges: 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13

2016 Battle Log

L1 rebel sneaking in!  I also have the goal to walk to Mordor--I will be aiming for 10K steps a day.  Best of luck!  Do you have a  fitbit? Maybe we could be friends and check up on each other's stats and stay accountable?

KayDubEff

Level 0 Browncoat

STR0 | DEX0 | STA0  | CON0 | WIS0| CHA0

Current Challenge

"The only person you are destined to become is the one you decide to be."

Shortie! It's ace to see you back, How have you been?

I hope you don't mind but you seemed to have multi-posted so I hid three of the four copies that turned up. The new version of Tapatalk seems to do that lately; when you post a new topic it says it can't connect so you try again and... etc. My lovely daughter did the same this morning when she posted hers. She has reached the age of Pokemon now so her avi is very similar to yours and she is planning to do the Neila Rey Pokemon Workout as part of her training to be an elite assassin.

Anyway, good luck with the challenge. Do you feel like your mood is swinging back in a more run-friendly direction now? I ask because I suppose I wondered whether - if you're not feeling very motivated to run - you might consider trying some other kind of workout to revive your interest...? Life's too short for doing things when your heart's not in them.

Just a thought, anyway, and feel free to ignore...

Thanks, it kept on coming up with a error, so I thought it hadn't posted, so I kept on trying, and than gave up because it still wasn't working, thanks I will have to check both of those out.

I think my mood is going back to a more run friendly way, I used to love it, but than work started picking up, and life got busy, and than summer hit, and than we had bushfires, so I kind of just got a bit out of it, and couldn't get back into it, but now I'm really keen to start running again.

The return of the pretty dress, hooray!

Yep!

That you have a total step count you're aiming for during the 6-week challenge instead of a daily or even weekly one is really great; you might have some bad days, you might have some really good days, and having a total count, I think, will make sure that everything balances out so that you can complete the goal with room for flexibility.

And oh man, I'm familiar with having a "to read" pile of books that's taller than a 10-story building. There are worse things, I guess! Love that you have a plan in action for them, too. :)

Good luck!!

Yea that's I figure, I'm know I'm going to have some great days, so why not let those even up the bad days.

L1 rebel sneaking in! I also have the goal to walk to Mordor--I will be aiming for 10K steps a day. Best of luck! Do you have a fitbit? Maybe we could be friends and check up on each other's stats and stay accountable?

Hi that would be a great idea

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!

SHORTIE!!

Ahem, uh, I mean... Welcome back, my well-dressed associate. My dresses quite noticed your absence. I hope you have been well.

Haha I missed you too!

The first book on my read pile is Pokemon adventures volume 18, it's a manga.

I also took a apple to work today, and I had it at lunch time, and I have packed another one for tomorrow so I won't forget. I also have done 15,000 steps

hiiii, good start to the challenge! will be following along to see how far you get to Mordor while I make my quest to the lonely Mountain...

level 2 Hobbit. Assassin-in-training

STR 3|DEX 2|STA 3|CON 1|WIS 3|CHA 1

Current Challenge: There and back again

Previous Challenges 1 2

"I am looking for someone to share in an adventure that I am arranging, and it's very difficult to find anyone." Gandalf the Grey

15,000 steps, nice!! Great start to the challenge. :)

Thanks

hiiii, good start to the challenge! will be following along to see how far you get to Mordor while I make my quest to the lonely Mountain...

It's nice to meet another person who is doing the walk as well!

Amazing start to the challenge! I would have thought you would have gotten to Mordor already though :)

My two oldest kids are getting into pokemon so I bought a starter deck and play against them occasionally.

Yea it's taken me awhile, but I'm slowly chipping away at it, I LOVE pokemon and have since it first came out. I have loved it long enough to be able to say "back in my day, there were only 151 Pokemon to catch" I am very much looking forward to the new remake coming out in November

Update time

I took a apple to work Tuesday, but did not eat it, so I left it in my bag for tomorrow. I also put a second apple in my bag.

I went for a run with the dogs today and did 14,000 steps yesterday and another 15,000 steps today.

I also finished my book and now I'm reading a novel called unravel me

You're doing fantastic with your steps goal! Love seeing those big numbers with your updates. :)

What is Unravel Me about?

Thanks! Unravel Me is the second in a series, about a girl who causes everyone that touches her pain, first book, she was kept in a lap and tested on, and by the second book she has found her way out and into this underground camp with lots of other people with different powers, and she is trying to fit in, at lest that's as far as I am

I have to know, did you ever wear that marvelous dress?

The pink one? No not yet, it's a little tight, but I'm working on losing weight to fit it

Forgot to mention, took a apple to work today and ended up eating it. Steps for today are 17,000, it was a busy day at work with lots of walking.

• Like 2

I will do a proper week summary when I get home from work today, but I think for the most part it went really well

• Like 1

Sorry I forgot to update.

My total steps for the first week was 97,520!!!!! Meaning I am about 22,520 steps ahead.

I finished two books, a manga and a novel, and I went for one run, and I took a apple to work each day.

So far this week, I have done 55,491 steps, took a apple to work each day, but have not been for a run, and will probably only go for 1 run this week, but I will do my best!

• Like 2

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines