petefeet's "Third Adventure"

petefeet

Hello kids and welcome to my third challenge!

A little about me... I'm 40, live in Nova Scotia (east coast), Canada, unattached, no kids (one cat), have WAY too many books and proud of it.

I'm a boiler and refrigeration operator by trade, though my dream is to have a "bricks & mortar" used bookstore. I currently, have a part-time one that I run out of my basement in my spare time and my whole inventory is science fiction & fantasy (my passion).

Main Quest:

In August 2013 I weighted 267 lbs and my doctor said I had to shut up about my sore knees or die (great guy, bedside manner of a doorknob).

So, I started trying to get healthy and since I'm a type "A" person I use www.loseit.com as my food log and calorie counter. I now weight around 185 lbs (before and current pic in my gallery).

So my main quest is to continue my healthy lifestyle and improve my fitness level.

To do that...

Side Quests:

1. Keep my daily food log and weigh-ins

2. Do at least 3 Cardio workouts a week, even if its just walking around my sub-division

3. Do at least 2 BBWW a week, this has been hard for me, I think because strength training is foreign to my nature <g>.

Life Quest:

My long term life quest is to finish my basement (couple current pic's in my gallery) and turn it into a bookshop/rec-room.

I also have to finish making a new community fundraiser breakfast sign for my lodge (I'm a freemason), our old one is a bit tattered.

To help keep me sane (ish), I also like to write. So I will be continuing the adventure of petefeet as he explores the world around him. I try and take parts from my real life and weave them into a story.

So far.... (Check 1st & 2nd Adventure's for written story)

Petefeet is a halfling who was kidnapped by raider's as a small child and taken to a large human city and sold as a slave to the people running the cities gladiator arena. For much of his young life he was used as a servant, used to fetch and carry for the Masters and the gladiators.

After many years of this, petefeet starts to realize that he wants more out of life and starts to secretly steal better food meant for the Master's and starts trying to copy the exercises done by the gladiators.

Just when the Master's start to realize that something is changing with their normally meek and cowardly Halfling slave, an outside (?) force intervenes. How and when it happens is still a blur to petefeet, but one day he finds himself waking up in the middle of a crater out in the middle of the wilderness wearing nothing but his slave robes, which are now tattered and singed.

Found by a young human girl named Jan and her Grandfather, petefeet had his burned skin tended, feed and dressed in old work clothes. In an effort to repay them for their kindness, petefeet offered to rid them of an giant rat that had taken up residence in their work hut. With nothing to protect his hands, our little Halfling wrapped the burned and tattered remains of his slave robes around his hands (like boxing mitts) and went into battle. It was during the battle with the giant rat that petefeet realized that the old robes held some magic (or was the focus for an innate ability), for when he became scared, tiny sparks formed on the old robes covering his hands and when he punched the giant rat burns were also left upon the beast though petefeet received no damage. The more is was able to control his fear, the better he was able to hurt the beast.

Since that day, petefeet has wandered the land, helping out where he came, getting into the odd bit of trouble and making new friends. He isn't quite sure where he is going, though is sure he will know it when he finds it. 

• Like 3

Race: Halfling     Class: Rebel

Recruit 1st 2nd 3rd 4th  5th 6th  7th  8th 9th 10th  11th 12th 13th  14th  15th

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Fictionfirst Used Books (Feel free to like my page!)

subbed :)

• Like 1

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

With most of his recent challenges safely behind him, petefeet starts looking forward to the road ahead.

With fall in the air, the days seem to be getting shorter and cooler, though there is no lack of activity around him. As he walks past single farms and large hamlets, the scene is the same. The people of the land are busy harvesting crops from the soil, picking fruit from the trees and gathering firewood for the long cold winter ahead.

Our little halfling helps where he can, shoulder to shoulder with farmers and their families struggling to get enough food put aside to survive the winter, though never staying long in one place. Wherever a farmer offers to put him up for the winter, petefeet thanks them but with a sad smile says that he must continue on down the road.

It is after leaving one such farmstead that petefeet runs into his next challenge.

Barely an hour from leaving the farmstead, now weighted down with fresh provisions as a token of thanks for helping the farmer, petefeet feels the air around him go still and the forest silent. At first thinking that some hunters might be nearby, it is only after feeling a cold chill go down his spine and a smell like rotting corpses invades his nostrils, does he realize that something is very, very wrong.

The smell triggers an old memory from his time as a slave in the catacombs beneath the gladiator arena, of a monster so dangerous that the Masters only used it once in the gladiator pits, having to kill it after it starting attacking people in the stands.

After standing very still for several minutes, petefeet is able to tell that the feeling and the smell seem to be coming from behind him, back towards the farmstead he just left. Briefly the thought of leaving the farmer and his family to their fate surfaces in his mind, only to be savagely pushed away as the thoughts of a coward. Being as silent as possible, petefeet hurries back down the path towards the farm.

Less than a mile down the track, petefeet comes upon a scene of destruction. it's almost as if the earth had exploded and something had issued forth. It appears as if something had dug its way out of the earth in a hurry, the now collapsed tunnel showing signs of blood-like black ichor on the ground and rocks around the hole. Whatever had come out of the hole, was clearly injured.

Knowing that an animal can be most dangerous when injured, petefeet gave up all pretends of stealth and hurried towards the farm.

The fates were with him, for the creature had just left the forest path and was floating towards to farmstead. The farmers dog had issued the alarm, and the farmer was frantically herding his family into their small cabin.

The creature was just as fearsome as the one all those years ago in the arena, a Beholder!!! It's single glaring eye surrounded by tentacles, each tipped with another eye, able to loose evil magic against anybody it sees. Something is wrong with this Beholder though, it's body is riddled with arrows and at least one of its tentacle eyes is being dragged by the main body as it floats unevenly towards the farm.

Even injured such as it is, the farmer is no match for such a beast, so petefeet does the first thing he thinks of, he yells at it! The beholder pauses it's unsteady advance towards the farm and slowly turns around and regards the halfling.

While there seems to be some magic within petefeet's hand wraps, he knows that it will take more than a few lucky punches to fell this monster, so he does the only thing he can do, he runs! With a quick glance over his shoulder to make sure that the Beholder is now after him and moving away from the farm, petefeet puts all his energy and focus into keeping ahead of the monster.

Down the forest path he races, his short legs pumping as hard as they can as he hears the monster crashing through the woods after him. Never much for running, petefeet's stamina quickly grows weaker as the fear of the monster behind him grows within his chest.

What will be the fate of our little halfling....

Hey kids,

Back on shift work, so my online time will be increased, though it will be harder to get my exercises in now, will do my best.

Main Quest: My recent "drama" has given me a chance to focus on some important things, my health being one of them, I'm more determined now to keep my weight down and live a healthier life.

The "Beholder" in my story, was the Google Maps car that I saw yesterday, very neat with it's multi lensed "eye" on top of it. Took me a minute to figure out what I was seeing.

Side Quests: Been keeping my daily weigh-ins and food log. Went over calorie budget today, but that's because it's my first night shift and I'll be awake for 21 (ish) hours.

Have gotten 2 out of 3 Cardios in already this week, and one of them was 5k walk/jog on a local walking trail that I did today (probably not the smartest idea before working a 12 hour shift)

0 out of 2 BBWW done so far, weeks just starting though.

Life Quest: Not a huge amount that I can do at moment regarding my basement, waiting on my brother to wire it before I buy more building materials (sheetrock etc..) so I'm just spending some time cleaning up and organizing what space I have.

• Like 3

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

my doctor said I had to shut up about my sore knees or die (great guy, bedside manner of a doorknob).

Made me laugh so much. My dr isn't much better.  About 6 months ago, he scoffed at my sledgehammer workouts, told me I needed to eat sugar to make my brain work 'better', and overall didn't agree with anything I was doing. Down 60 pounds and stronger than I've ever been (sans ankles), who's laughing now?

ha_ha_tile_coaster.jpg?height=225&width=
Pictured: Me

Good story so far.

Good luck and have fun this challenge! :)

• Like 1

When last we saw our little halfling petefeet, he was being chased by a wounded beholder and he was growing weaker and the fearsome creature was closing.....

Winded and scared out of his wit's, petefeet frantically scans around looking for some place to hide but sees nothing that would protect him for more than a minute. Finally, his luck runs out as he stumbles on some loose gravel and falls in a heap. With the beholder bearing down on him, petefeet decides that he has done enough running and stands up to his fate.

With fists clenched tightly, petefeet vows that he'll get in one solid hit before the creature takes his life. Just as he is about to charge the beast he hears the oddest sound, it's a door bell out here in the wilderness, a noise more commonly heard in busy towns.

Risking a quick glance in the direction that the sound came from, petefeet is amazed to see a open wooden door standing all on its own and with madly dancing bell hanging from the door casing. Sensing that a slim chance is better than none, petefeet turns his back on the charging beholder and with the last of his energy makes a dash for this mysterious doorway.

Stopping at the threshold of the doorway, our halfling is amazed to see a whole room where from the outside there is only wilderness. Trying to understand the scene in front of him, petefeet fails to see the door slamming shut, in the process hitting him in the backside, propelling him into the room, where his last clear memory is that of a rapidly approaching bookcase.

An unknown number of hours later, a dizzy and sore petefeet stumbles to his feet to find himself standing in a pile of books, an overturned bookcase, in a round stone room without windows or stairs, there is a roaring fire going in the fireplace from which hangs a bubbling cauldron and a piece of paper nailed to the now closed door.

Still shaky from the flight from the beholder and the sudden stop thanks to the bookcase, petefeet rips the note off the door and reads:

"Help yourself to some stew, clean up the mess you made and the door's locked, so don't bother trying to open it"

So of course petefeet tries to open the door, only to find to locked tight and there is an odd mist outside when he looks through the keyhole.

"P.S. The cats name is Mickey"

"Cat? what cat?" says petefeet just as a long sleek tabby uncurls from its perch near the fireplace.

Hey kids, been a busy week.

Between working night shifts and trying to sleep days, I've found most of my energy being put into trying to tidy up my basement, getting ready for the electrical to be done.

Main Quest: My goal is within sight, I weighted in at 182 lbs this morning with a goal of 180. Feels pretty good so far, getting lots of positive comments.

Side Quests: Keeping up daily weigh-ins and food log, been over calories a couple times, though within reason.

Got in 4 out of 3 Cardios this week, and one of them was a 5km walk/jog in the woods. (Me running from beholder)

Only got 1 out of 2 BBWW in this week, though did some mini-BBWW while on night shift when I could.

Life Quest: Haven't worked on the sign yet this challenge, need to get my butt in gear.

Been spending lots of time organizing and sorting books to create more ads to hopefully get more sales to finance further "finishing" of my basement.

• Like 4

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Subbing so I can keep up with the story :)

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: CUTE in 2022

Spoiler

Magickal, Eclectic, Goddess, Level 65

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|68|69|

|My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Hey kids,

Still here, thanks for all the concerns.

Been in a weird head space this past week, I think the emotional side of my break-up finally started to hit me. I took myself out to dinner (which is weird in itself) and overate, but I'm cutting myself some slack this weekend and starting fresh tomorrow.

Just thought I would let you all know why I've been quiet lately.

• Like 2

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Hey kids,

Still here, thanks for all the concerns.

Been in a weird head space this past week, I think the emotional side of my break-up finally started to hit me. I took myself out to dinner (which is weird in itself) and overate, but I'm cutting myself some slack this weekend and starting fresh tomorrow.

Just thought I would let you all know why I've been quiet lately.

i don't think that's weird, i take myself out to the movies all the time.

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

Not understanding what is going on, only that he now appears safe, when a short time ago petefeet was sure he was going to die, our little halfling does as the note suggests and helps himself to some of the stew and tries to put his thoughts in order.

The stew is filling and nutritious and when petefeet goes back for a second bowl finds the pot is still full. No matter how much he takes, the level in the stew pot never seems to go down. Seeing as that is the least odd thing that has happened to him lately, petefeet decides to ignore it and enjoy the meal.

Refreshed from the meal, petefeet tries to explore this strange room that appeared out of nowhere, though nothing makes sense. While there is a fire in the hearth, the logs aren't consumed, there are no windows and the door is locked, but there is a fresh breeze and while the walls and floor are made out of stone, they sound hollow when petefeet taps on them, the cat Mickey follows in his wake watching him closely.

No wiser than he was before, the Halfling starts to tidy up the books from the slipped bookcase, though these aren't like any books he has seem before. While only having a basic understanding of letters, Petefeet is pretty sure words aren't supposed to make you dizzy when you look are them, almost as if they were alive and trying to wiggle off the page.

With that job done and nothing else to do, petefeet tries the door again to find it still locked, decides that there is nothing he can do, curls up in an armchair and falls asleep.

His dreams are plagued with visions of being trapped and alone underground, never to be found nor have anybody look for him. It is an blessing when the door bell wakes petefeet up. Confused by his surrounding at first, petefeet suddenly remembers the strange occurrence that brought him here and looks to the source of the sound that woke him. The door that before stood locked up tight now stands open with it's bell dancing a merry jig all by itself. Through the door petefeet sees a peaceful forest scene, with no sign of enraged beholder or other dangers.

Carefully lifting a sleeping Mickey off his lap, Petefeet makes a last look around the impossible room and with a wave to his unseen saviour, walks out of his refuge and into the world again.

Hey Kids,

Thank you for all your concerns about my absence, I guess I needed to spend some time between my own ears for awhile. I just found it hard to put myself out there either online or in the real world for the past bit.

Main Quest: Been in a bit of a holding pattern for the past couple of weeks, holding my own weight wise, but no improvement.

Side Quests: Been keeping my daily food log and weigh-ins, though have over done it with food a couple times, emotional eating pitfalls, though nothing major.

Been getting as many walks in as I can, though the weather is starting to turn so I spent 30 minutes on my recumbent bike last night and my knees really feel it today.

Haven't done any BBWW this past week and a bit, I'll be honest, couldn't force myself to care about it.

Life Quest: Doing a bit of puttering in my basement, though limited by dollars at moment and need my brother to wire the bookstore up before I can do much more.

Going to start off with a clean slate on Monday. Again, thank you all for your notes showing your concern, it means a lot! <g>

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Hey guys,

Sorry for the absence, to be honest I got bite by the Black Dog HARD! This is my first exposure with depression, I've always been a touch on the melancholy side, but I think I've been bottling up my feelings too much lately and the flood gates opened a couple weeks ago.

Mood swings, lack of energy, feelings of doom, uncontrollable crying etc...

I think it's a mixture of my breakup, ongoing stress at work resulting from several investigations (federal government), and to top it off, I think I'm in love of all things!

Unsure about the love thing, since my emotions are all over the place. She's somebody I've known for years and chatted with, but she has offered to be a sounding board because she went through a rough breakup herself a while back, and too be honest nobody else in my real-life world seems to want the job, even my family. Though to be honest, I never encouraged it before.

So as it stands, I'm accepting her friendship for what it is, because I don't think I can take anymore rejection in my life at this point, maybe down the road I might get a feeling how she feels, but for now I'm surviving on emotional breadcrumbs.

Ok, enough about that...

Not sure how active I'll be for the rest of this challenge, while my diet has been good I've been finding it hard to do much exercising, lack of energy and ambition. I have done a couple walks but no BBWW. 

Anyways, wanted you guys to know what's up.

Peter

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines