Breakthrough, may the odds be EVER in your favor!

Week 1: Interview With Cesar!

Let us know a little more about you, your journey, and your strategy for the games! Let the crowd root for you like I do. 

Well, I'm from a city with rustic, gold-mining roots. There's a big, city-wide festival every year to celebrate the old fur trading posts where you can still buy locally caught pelts, which is really fun. We moved from there to a small-ish town in the south (eww....) where I met my now-wife (YAY!). Now I'm in university, studying for an MS ChE through a BS in Environmental Science, and working with a great team to become the best me there is.

Generally I'm a pretty easy going guy, mostly non-confrontational, and probably the nicest unrepentant ass you'll ever meet. 

My strategy is aggression. Usually I let things kind of happen. "Life, right?" No more. I'm gonna happen to this challenge. I'm gonna kick it in the face!

I WILL BE VICTORIOUS.

Jerem The Great

Level 0 Satyr. Warrior at heart, training with the Recruits
STR 0|DEX 0|STA 0|CON 0|WIS 0|CHA 0 

Antonella

Military dentist

The usual -get stronger, drop body fat, be happy!

Current quest-

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/53641-tinsis-quest-to-be-more-like-deadpool/#entry1203043

• Like 1

Human Warrior

Current Bests                         Quest Goal

Squat: 91kg   (200 lbs)       Squat:    95kg 2x2 (209 lbs)
Snatch: 45kg     (99 lbs)        Snatch: 50kg (110 lbs)
         Clean & Jerk: 60kg (132 lbs)       Clean and Jerk: 65kg (143 lbs)

Level 2 | STR 5 | CON 5 | WIS 3 | CHA 4

TINSI'S Current Challenge

TINSIs Cooking and Recipe Blog!

TINSI's First Challenge!

Guys, I'm late to this post, but I'd like to join. 

Joeblend

Pharmacy Technician on the way to becoming a network security wizard.

Goals: Drop fat, gain muscle, get smarter and harder to kill.

I'm from a desert town built around a weapons development base. With over 300 sunny days a year and mountains all around, there's no excuse not to be outside, provided you're not afraid of heat stroke/exhaustion. Until recently, I've been living a very chilled out life - settling for whatever life threw at me. "The Dude abides," as they say. Right now I'm looking to be a little less "Dude" and a little more Walter.

My strategy for the games is to bust my butt every day, pretend I'm not tired, and bolster that illusion with a bright, shiny attitude.

I may be a tribute, and the odds may not be in my favor, but no power in the 'Verse can stop me.

Life is full of hard times and good times. Learn from everything you can.

Swinging_Jarnbjorn: Lv 1 Asgardian Ranger

Focus Up! My current challenge.

Loss As A Motivator

Breakthrough-ish things! I got to sleep a bit late last night and DID NOT want to work out this morning but did it anyway. Pretty sure that's going to feel like a breakthrough every time, no matter how many times I do it. I also hung out at an impromptu work happy hour thing drinking tea while other people drank beer, and it was fine after a little ribbing from my coworkers.

How's everyone else this doing this week?

Level 4 Adventurer

STR 6 | DEX 2 | STA 6 | CON 8 | WIS 10 | CHA 5

current challenge

third challenge | second challenge | first challenge

Welcome Joe!

Snark, nice save! I dipped into boba when I did the after club social time *embarrassed look* So you kicked my butt this week haha

Breakthrough of the week: Went to the little bit of a pep rally I could before I had to go to class, and I had fun! Even talked to a stranger. This is the .5 on my school functions for yesterday.

Jerem The Great

I'm from a really rich desert city. I am also in college to earn a degree in accounting. Currently I have a 4.0 GPA after two years of college. While at college I am enrolled in twelve hours of school in addition to helping out at home. Needless to say, with six people in the house I have plenty of distractions, so concentrating on anything can be difficult.

My strategy is to just do it. Even if it's not to the extent I want, I need to do at least something.

Let's do this!

• Like 1

Ranger - Level 7

My Character

Current Challenge

A breakthrough, I attended an accounting student social last night. I typically do not do things like that, but last night was fun. Me and three others spent the entire time talking about other languages and cultures. Two were Spanish and one was Chinese. On the way home, for about ten seconds it rained so hard I couldn't see out my windshield. That was wild!

Ranger - Level 7

My Character

Current Challenge

Week 2: Training

What is your weapon (diet, parkour, strength training, playouts with the kids, etc.?) of choice? Which weapons would you like to learn more about? Can you help someone learn a new weapon?

My weapon is time. I'm going to carve my time out to ensure I can study, do housework, move, and be social. I'd like to learn more about diet, specifically the nuances of my ideal diet, since my body is not yet the well-oiled machine I'd like it to be.

I'd like to think I can help, but I'll have to find out what weapons other people want to learn to wield.

Jerem The Great

Breakthrough-ish things! I got to sleep a bit late last night and DID NOT want to work out this morning but did it anyway. Pretty sure that's going to feel like a breakthrough every time, no matter how many times I do it. I also hung out at an impromptu work happy hour thing drinking tea while other people drank beer, and it was fine after a little ribbing from my coworkers.

How's everyone else this doing this week?

The ribbing is important. In my mind, if it's easy, it doesn't feel as good, so if they didn't give you the business it wouldn't feel like as much of a breakthrough. 

My legs felt like lead today, but I ran with my Dudes on the way to school (I push them to school in a jogging stroller so I can run. It's a little selfish, but they have fun too, so I can get away with it.) and I lifted heavy at the gym again today. New PR in squat and DL, which is finally above my bodyweight!

• Like 2

Loss As A Motivator

What is your weapon (diet, parkour, strength training, playouts with the kids, etc.?) of choice? Which weapons would you like to learn more about? Can you help someone learn a new weapon?

My weapon is time. I'm going to carve my time out to ensure I can study, do housework, move, and be social. I'd like to learn more about diet, specifically the nuances of my ideal diet, since my body is not yet the well-oiled machine I'd like it to be.

I'd like to think I can help, but I'll have to find out what weapons other people want to learn to wield.

My weapon of choice is strength training, and I'm learning to wield interval running and diet. I need to learn to use time, and I want to learn parkour. In my brainworld, I'm a muscly traceur, with the physique of Dave Bautista, and the moves of Adrian Neville.

Loss As A Motivator

Right now, my primary weapon of choice is diet. My secondary weapon (and the weapon of my future) is strength training, with my bodyweight or lifting heavy things or some combination like I'm doing now. I'd love to learn a bunch of different skills and am currently establishing basic strength and working to lighten the load to help decrease the challenge of learning skills in the future.

My legs felt like lead today, but I ran with my Dudes on the way to school (I push them to school in a jogging stroller so I can run. It's a little selfish, but they have fun too, so I can get away with it.) and I lifted heavy at the gym again today. New PR in squat and DL, which is finally above my bodyweight!

Badass on both the running and the lifting! 

Level 4 Adventurer

STR 6 | DEX 2 | STA 6 | CON 8 | WIS 10 | CHA 5

current challenge

third challenge | second challenge | first challenge

totally late to the challenge. my dad was staying with me for a couple of weeks and then the man i'll be spending the rest of my life with came up to visit for a week. so, yeah, definitely lost track of time. hope you guys will still have me!

ZTree3

38 (am i really the oldest person here?!)

single (at the moment) homeschooling mom of 11 and a half year old boy, and freelance editor/writer

gaining strength and stamina, losing weight, building long lasting healthy habits

my weapon of choice? 

diet and what jerem said, time. i need to schedule my meals and times to move this body through yoga, dance, and parkour. 

and i'm just beginning to learn about parkour so if anyone has anything to offer, i'd love to hear it. currently using the beginner's guide on here. 

glad to be back! changes are coming!

So, time is a recurring theme, so I'm putting up some resources. Disclaimer: I'm going for these just for the time stuff, I'm not searching out their every nuance to make sure it's all above board.

http://www.lifelongactivist.com/part-ii-managing-your-time/8-time-management-step-1-create-a-time-budget/

http://www.growthink.com/content/how-manage-time-youd-manage-budget

http://christinagreve.com/truth-bomb-monday-others-yourself/

http://kuteblackson.com/blog/?p=1317

Here's a start, let me know if you find anything!

Jerem The Great

see?! i'm that person that spends all her time reading about stuff! it's so hard for me to actually get up and do it! 
my background is creative writing so there's been lots of reading and lots of writing and i often think that if i read about it, or wrote about it, then i'm done, i did it! you know?
it's so frustrating! 
(still going to check out those links, though. :) )

and thanks for the warm welcome! that was awesome!

Thanks for the links Jerem and Snark! Definitely need to check those out!

Super late to post, but these last two weekend have been crazy busy with school and work. I've got a break now though so time to update!

Interview with Cesar Week 1:

I’m from the same place Katniss is from - District 12 aka Southern Appalachian area! Right now I’m in grad school studying landscape architecture in the south. I’m about halfway through the program. Woohoo!

Also personality wise, I’m really down to earth and easy going. I love the outdoors and having good conversations with people.

My strategy for the games is to let loose. I’m a perfectionist when it comes to my responsibilities (schoolwork, taking care of my body, etc). I still want to do my best, but let things happened as they do - accept setbacks, but always keep moving forward.

My weapon is strength training. I really enjoy dumbbell/kettlebell workouts and LOVE seeing my body get stronger. This challenge I’m learning about running and a good diet (which also lets me have the sweets I crave every now and then).  I’d like to learn more about time as sometimes my time management skills are blahhh.

Breakthrough of the week:

I've noticed that my body is looking a little smaller and more toned. My pants are a little looser. Great feeling! I'm liking my body now and am excited to see where the rest of this challenge take me!

Ranger | LEVEL 5 | Human

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right." - Henry Ford

CHALLENGES

Current Challenge

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines