Breakthrough, may the odds be EVER in your favor!

I guess my weapon of choice would be Parkour. Of all the ones listed and all the ones mentioned, that is what I am best at. As to the ones that I want to learn are time (for sure), bodyweight training, and consistency.

On a non-breakthroughish note, I am officially sick. It started on Friday and was a full blown sickness yesterday with a fever. I feel more human today (that might be a breakthrough). :)

I am worried if I will be well enough to go to school tomorrow or not. I have to decide today so I can give my teachers 24 hour notice. Oh, well.

Ranger - Level 7

My Character

Current Challenge

I'm such a dork. I read this in the beginning and forgot to sub! I normally read everything in my sub emails and then answer on Sundays when I can take the time to type on my laptop. Great job so far guys!

Z- I think we have a lot in common. I send so much time crafting the perfect plan for meal planning, schoolwork, daily schedules, I don't give myself much time to actually get things done.

Now, to catch up: 

Week 1: We live in the country in Ohio and I love it. I'm a fairly quiet person who likes being social, but not in the spotlight. I've been married for 8 years and we have a 5 yr old boy, 2 1/2 yr old girl, and almost 7 month old boy. I homeschool the kids and I'm a part time consultant with a company.

My goals are to get up to a healthy weight and gain some strength and energy. I had previously accepted that I would always be shrimpy and weak, but now I know it doesn't have to be that way.

Week 2: My weapon is persistence. I am not this by nature at all. When things looked like they won't work, I gave up. I may have half an ounce of stubbornness in me. My husband however is the opposite so that helps.  Now I just keep plugging away no matter what it looks like. Small steps are better than no steps.

Lady Feowyn Miread of Eldavar

You have no idea what you're capable of, you didn't create you.

Megathirio Discord- https://discord.gg/kr2YCJM   

Hi everyone!

May I join your accountability group? It's really late but still four weeks to go, right? ^_^

If you'll have me,

I'm Nol, 25,

I'm studying and working

My goal is to build strength, stamina and flexibility and get those proteins up

Interview with Cesar:

I'm from a tiny little village in the French countryside and I traveled quite a bit for my studies, so far I've lived in Spain and Germany, now I just moved to Edinburgh and it's great! I'm a pretty simple, kind - I try :) - person and super emotional so my main struggle when I deal with motivation and self-discipline is to find my emotional triggers and avoid those that turn me into fail/depressed mode.

My strategy => taking it step by step and building a slow and stable momentum until I have enough confidence in my physical abilities.

Breakthrough:

This past week actually, I had a fantastic breakthrough. I attended a free trial Taekwondo class - I've tried quite a few martial arts classes in the past 12 years - and for the first time, I could complete the whole warm up and I followed the class with a sense of belonging. I always felt self-conscious and out of place in my previous experiences, partly because my health and fitness were so low. Now I feel that I can finally start training in a Martial Art (still haven't picked one though ^_^) and become an NF monk, it's awesome :D

Dancing Sylph - Level 9 Monk/Druid

Former Captain of the Nerdians of the Fitalaxy

Current Challenge

"E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle" - We came forth, and once more saw the stars, Dante

Sorry guys! I posted half-hungover while on the phone with my wife, since her summer job an hour and a half away turned to full time. 

Welcome Nol! Glad to have you! AWESOME that you felt so good in your class!

Feowyn, I think we've all done that at some point haha! I think you and Z should really hook up in the "start doing" department, you guys would do so well :)

Artemis, feeling any better? Sick hurts progress, for sure. Just remember: for consistency, start small! 

5 minutes a day changes lives!

Love pants related breakthroughs, Lin! Here's to needing new ones to hike in!

Glad to see all the catching up! I'm really enjoying learning more about my team and how we can grow together!

Jerem The Great

Level 0 Satyr. Warrior at heart, training with the Recruits
STR 0|DEX 0|STA 0|CON 0|WIS 0|CHA 0 

I did some yoga last night because I had incredibly tight shoulders and a weird back issue, and I thought I just wanted a stretching routine. But as part of it, the instructor said something like "you have nowhere else more important to be right now" and that really struck me. I should feel that way about each thing I choose to spend my minimal free time on, and I should be paying attention to that thing rather than letting my mind and attention run rampant on other tasks and worries. 

Been loving this Mother Goose (?):

For every ailment under the sun

There is a remedy, or there is none;

If there be one, try to find it;

If there be none, never mind it.

• Like 1

Level 4 Adventurer

STR 6 | DEX 2 | STA 6 | CON 8 | WIS 10 | CHA 5

current challenge

third challenge | second challenge | first challenge

Love this snark! It's such an important realisation! I discovered it during a meditation course, the instructor said, there is no past, there is no future, you are here and now. It was super powerful and it's one of the strongest centering methods I learnt so far.

Thanks for this meditation mini Jerem, I really need it! I've been losing momentum over the past days, I feel a little lost about my goals, which is weird because they're not extremely hard or anything...

I have decided to take tomorrow to assess my challenge so far (in other words, to meditate on it) I'll keep you posted guys :)

tumblr_mp0k07DnzH1sucxz9o1_500.gif

Hope everyone is doing great!

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle" - We came forth, and once more saw the stars, Dante

How are you doing guys? The week is almost over, only two days to make sure it was an awesome week 3 :D

I caught a minor cold, but it's almost better after a good night sleep. It shall not stop me from completing my BBWW on Sunday! haha!

Stay strong everyone :)

tumblr_mhv3f4Nz7E1s1popdo1_400.gif

Current Challenge

Sorry, I haven't been able to be on here much. I wanted to share a breakthrough from last week. It's kind of a long story, but I had a light bulb moment discovered I had been thinking totally wrong about an area of my life. I'm excited to move forward with my new point of view. 

• Like 1

Lady Feowyn Miread of Eldavar

You have no idea what you're capable of, you didn't create you.

Megathirio Discord- https://discord.gg/kr2YCJM   

Sorry, I haven't been able to be on here much. I wanted to share a breakthrough from last week. It's kind of a long story, but I had a light bulb moment discovered I had been thinking totally wrong about an area of my life. I'm excited to move forward with my new point of view. 

I'm with you Feowyn! Same thing happened to me a few months ago concerning my professional life, it felt to liberating! I hope you can use this energy to fuel your health and fitness quest as well :)

Current Challenge

Hey guys, gals, and otherwise! Sorry I've been a lousy leader this week, been moving. FTN

Finally able to get on and do last week's mini, which is to say that my vantage point is in shambles! Gonna get it together over the coming few weeks and build my space for success.

I got nothing for my challenge last week, but I did finally go to a football game Saturday night. It was AWESOME! :)

• Like 1

Jerem The Great

I have been trying to do this mini-challenge, but I'm having a hard time. I feel like things are working for me in a way that they just haven't ever. I'm getting into a rhythm with being active, eating well (but with fun beer/ice cream times planned in), getting workouts in, and losing weight slowly but steadily. But I don't know why--it doesn't feel like anything special happened or is different. I don't have a magical workout song, I just get up and do what I'm supposed to do. I don't have a special meal plan, I'm just not snacking on candy. I wish I had a better idea of what changed so that I could use that tool to re-up in the future. But nope...

• Like 1

Level 4 Adventurer

STR 6 | DEX 2 | STA 6 | CON 8 | WIS 10 | CHA 5

current challenge

third challenge | second challenge | first challenge

I have two breakthroughs to report. One, on Sunday I volunteered at a local airshow and sold tickets. It was pretty chilly in the morning, but thankfully where I was sitting I got full sun. Unfortunately, the spot I was in was also the spot where all the wind headed. After about and hour or so it warmed up nicely. I ended up selling all of my adult tickets (which was 100) in the space of three hours. I sold half of the child tickets (which was about 26) in the same time.

Two, the other day I was taking the trash out and decided to attempt a wall run. I touched the edge of my roof. That was the highest I have ever gotten attempting a wall run. I was so happy.

Ranger - Level 7

My Character

Current Challenge

I have been trying to do this mini-challenge, but I'm having a hard time. I feel like things are working for me in a way that they just haven't ever. I'm getting into a rhythm with being active, eating well (but with fun beer/ice cream times planned in), getting workouts in, and losing weight slowly but steadily. But I don't know why--it doesn't feel like anything special happened or is different. I don't have a magical workout song, I just get up and do what I'm supposed to do. I don't have a special meal plan, I'm just not snacking on candy. I wish I had a better idea of what changed so that I could use that tool to re-up in the future. But nope...

I totally understand you, I'm feeling the same! I just don't feel like binge eating at all, I do my yoga when I get up just like I yawn and get a glass of water... There's a feeling of inevitable for me, I just feel that it's going to happen anyway so might as well do it at the best moment. And I know that I have to do it and it will feel awesome.

I hope we can hold this feeling long enough for healthy behaviours to become habits, then it's a lot easier to carry on even when the context changes.

Current Challenge

Hey guys, gals, and otherwise! Sorry I've been a lousy leader this week, been moving. FTN

Finally able to get on and do last week's mini, which is to say that my vantage point is in shambles! Gonna get it together over the coming few weeks and build my space for success.

I got nothing for my challenge last week, but I did finally go to a football game Saturday night. It was AWESOME! :)

It's fine, don't apologise! Moving's a pretty big deal!

Week 4 was super messy for me as well, is it Autumn that's killing our energy or what!

I don't really have to change anything in my living space, I have space to do my yoga, space to do the BBWW, there's only healthy food in the kitchen... Just need a few more things to have a clean working space, moved in not too long ago so there's a bit of stuff here and there, and that's it ^_^

My energy level is super low though, need to step it up!!

Current Challenge

Gonna be boning up on my team's achievements over the next two days. Nice to be back!!

Week 6: The Final Shot

One more arrow should win it all, but rather than out of anger or fear, shoot out of mercy. How will you improve from your experience this challenge, whether yourself or others? How did you succeed?

Everyone message me who your MVP was this challenge and who you thought did better than they give themselves credit for, and on the last day of the challenge, they’ll be crowned the Victor and Media Darling respectively.

Jerem The Great

This challenge, I learned to harness the fitness break. I didn't do so well about it the fourth and fifth weeks, but I'm sharper and more focused when I do them. The study breaks were nice too, easy to put in and go over the minimum, even if I didn't put that I did more. Hoping to do a similar challenge next time, with provisions for the week of Thanksgiving. I will improve by tweaking my breaks to fit in smaller chunks rather than constantly trying to get it all at once, as well as fixing my eating habit that have gotten bad recently.

Jerem The Great

Hi all!

Couldn't join up this time because I knew I wouldn't be around, but I've been keeping up with Team Breakthrough and hope to be back for the next round.  It's so good to see you all out there plugging away!  It gives me hope for coming back.

May the odds be ever in your favor!

~Emme

Emmevee

S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent, Level 4

STR 4 | DEX 3 | STA 6 | CON 12 | WIS 14 | CHA 11

Comparison is the thief of joy.

A man can accomplish anything when he realizes he's a part of something bigger. ~ Nick Fury

Challenge One - Complete!

Challenge Two - Complete!

Challenge Three - Complete!

My goal weight is 80 lbs less than where I started.  I started at 219 on 10/13/13 and today (7/20/14) I'm at 160!  Which means I'm

73.5%
73.5%

of the way there!

I haven't been the best at keeping up with the updates. I know what I am going to change for the next challenge. The last two weeks I have been pretty consistent with all of my goals. Next challenge I am going to expand upon the consistency and see if I can make it a bit better. My biggest problems were getting sick half way through the challenge and midterms the last week of the challenge.

Three breakthroughs: 1) I passed my midterms exams with As, 2) I have eliminated my midafternoon snack except on the weekends, and 3) yesterday I was practicing my wall runs and I was able to put my entire hand on the roof of my house. Those were very nice breakthroughs.

• Like 1

Ranger - Level 7

My Character

Current Challenge

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines