The Campfire | Recipes for Rangers who Eat

Hammlin

Hey all! Back by semi popular demand- here is a thread to post yummy recipes!

• Like 2

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

Totes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

so like I like food and stuff

• Like 2

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Ex chef current Army medic... I will be posting everything I make for meals on my thread and my nice stuff on here

• Like 5

• Lvl 2 Human Vigilante (Ranger/Assassin Hybrid)

Current Attributes: Strength (STR)- 2 Dexterity (DEX) - 3 Stamina (STA) -3 Constitution (CON) -2 Wisdom (WIS) -3 Charisma (CHA) -2

Current Challenge:http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/60461-the-arrow-back-from-the-dead/

Quote: Your Mind quits before Your Body ever will

I pickle things. It's what I do.

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/43567-easy-yummy-probiotic-ginger-carrot-pickles/?hl=%2Bpickled+%2Bcarrots

Carrots with one or two flowerheads of dill and a couple of cloves of garlic are good. I also pickle the heck outta jalapeños and banana peppers. I also made dill relish by putting chopped green tomatoes in leftover garlic-dill brine. I tried pickling green tomatoes and okra without added flavorings... That was gross.

• Like 3

I pickle things. It's what I do.

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/43567-easy-yummy-probiotic-ginger-carrot-pickles/?hl=%2Bpickled+%2Bcarrots

Carrots with one or two flowerheads of dill and a couple of cloves of garlic are good. I also pickle the heck outta jalapeños and banana peppers. I also made dill relish by putting chopped green tomatoes in leftover garlic-dill brine. I tried pickling green tomatoes and okra without added flavorings... That was gross.

Did you say...pickle?

Aang_Loves_Egg_Custard_by_emberose1.jpg

I LOVE pickles!!  :love_heart:

• Like 2

Level 2 - Wood Elf - Ranger 

STR : 2 | DEX : 2 | STA : 5 | CON : 3 | WIS : 3 | CHA : 2

Challenges: #1, Current - #2

My Triathlon Training Logs: #1, #2

I'm just going to leave this here

​Steakhouse Filet with Asparagus 

10649524_10204999470725254_7691708958459

The recipe is in my food blog linked in my signature but i will always put my plateings here

• Like 6

Current Attributes: Strength (STR)- 2 Dexterity (DEX) - 3 Stamina (STA) -3 Constitution (CON) -2 Wisdom (WIS) -3 Charisma (CHA) -2

Current Challenge:http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/60461-the-arrow-back-from-the-dead/

It's not exactly a recipe, since "recipe" implies instructions on how to make it. It's more of a rough guide meant to point you towards that direction and perhaps inspire you. I was just improvising, toying with the concept of a gumbo. Be warned, I use my eye to measure ingredients and judge when the food is ready.

1. Chop a red onion in fine pieces or in the food processor. If you'd like, do the same with some garlic. Empty the pieces in a pan, turn on the heat and add just enough water (instead of oil) to cover them
  2. Repeat step 1 with veggies of choice. I used carrots and celery, if you use softer veggies you might want to add them later on to the mix. Add water if necessary
  3. When the water starts boiling, add spices of choice. I used sea salt, black pepper, ginger, cinammon, turmeric and terragon. Give it a stir and lower heat to medium or medium-high, depending on your device.
  4. Place some codfish (I used three frozen round cuts), cover the pan and let it cook until the fish looks just about cooked. Don't overdo it, there's still time. If your fish is too thick and the sauce doesn't fully cover it, turn it over at some point so that both sides get soaked. If at any point you are worried that the fish might fall apart, do not stir using some utensil, instead grap the pot by the handles and gently shake it about.
  5. Add mussels. If you have some rich-tasting meat such as bacon or sausage, you might try adding it. Trust me, it tastes better than you'd expect
  6. Once most of the water has evaporated, leaving behind a thick sauce, add coconut milk or cream. Raisins are optional. If you want to add some olive oil, do it now, since most nutrients get destroyed if it's cooked for too long. Mix carefully
  7. When the sauce starts boiling again, give it a few minutes for most of the water to come out and remove from heat. Let it lay for a while until the sauce is thick and creamy again.
  8. Serve, enjoy and bask in your awesomeness!

Picture will be added once mine is done cooking

Here's one while still in the pot. All the others came out blurry :/

IMG_20140916_150007.jpg

• Like 2

Lvl 45 Ranger

HEY! DO YOU LIKE CHEESE?

It's not exactly a recipe, since "recipe" implies instructions on how to make it. It's more of a rough guide meant to point you towards that direction and perhaps inspire you. I was just improvising, toying with the concept of a gumbo. Be warned, I use my eye to measure ingredients and judge when the food is ready.

Awesome! I'd add that on the possible food list!

Also, came across this gold mine here.

• Like 3

Cola Marinaded Pork loin with Lyonnaise Sweet Potatoes, bacon green beans, and a honey Chipotle sauce

10580155_10205005839804477_6409450528181

• Like 5

I made this last night. Crazy good. If you like prawns, do try it. 

Note: it was dark by the time I was making dinner, so I ended up spreading all the prawns out on a cookie sheet in a single layer and broiling (on low, with the sheet about 6 inches below the element) for ~8 mins on one side, then flipping all of them, and broiling for another 5 or 7 mins.

Ginger-Lime-Grilled-Shrimp-thumb.jpg

http://theclothesmakethegirl.com/2010/06/09/pa-eating-thai-inspired-grill-out/

• Like 4

Level 1 Human* Ranger

0.85 STR | 1.8 DEX | 2.6 STA | 3 CON | 4 WIS | 0.6 CHA

Battle Log - Challenge #2Challenge #1 

* Likely Definitely raised by wolves 

Mmmm, prawns.... yummy arthropods with too many legs...

I never thought of them as arthropods before... but that just makes devouring them with garlic sauce all the more awesome :D

Although I have been really enjoying mixing chicken and prawns in a tandoori sauce and serving it over random veg and either noodles, barley or spaghetti squash for a slightly spicy hot meal :D

Mushroom Paprikas

Mushroom Paprikas

16 oz Baby Bella mushrooms

1 medium yellow onion, diced

4 cloves garlic, finely minced

1 Serrano pepper, finely minced (optional)

1 can of drained diced new potatoes or cannellini beans

1/2 cup red wine (cooking wine is fine)
1/4 cup veggie broth
1/2 tsp salt (plus more to taste)
1/4 tsp fresh cracked pepper
3 tsp paprika (I use half hot paprika and half sweet paprika; if you just go with one type, I'd use sweet paprika)
1 TB dried thyme 
Olive oil and butter (or a vegan substitute, like Earth Balance)

In a large saute pan over medium-high heat, saute diced onions and Serrano peppers in a mixture of olive oil and butter (I start with 1 TB of each and then add more butter as needed, which is usually around the time I add the mushrooms). Once the onions start to get slightly brown, add the garlic and saute for another 30 seconds to a minute.

Next, add the sliced mushrooms, salt, and pepper. Stir and saute until the a lot of the moisture is cooked out of the mushrooms (about 7 minutes). Add the paprika and thyme and stir to coat the mushrooms. Allow the spices to warm slightly, then add the wine and veggie broth. Bring to a boil and then lower the heat to medium. Once the mushrooms have cooked down a bit more and you have room in the pan, add the diced potatoes or beans. Cook on medium heat until the sauce has reduced to the point where it's not too watery, but still liquid enough to spoon over noodles. To thicken the sauce, in a small bowl whisk 1/2 tsp cornstarch into 1/4 cup cool water. Pour this mixture into the paprikas, stirring. Bring to a low boil, then reduce heat and allow to thicken.

(Recipe adapted from Appetite for Reduction by Isa Moskowitz)

• Like 2

Aeshnidae, The Girl with the Dragonfly Tattoo

Human Ranger

Level 4 | STR 9 | DEX 8 | STA 5 | CON 5 | WIS 8 | CHA 3

Aeshnidae Flips the Bird at Being Sick | Battle Log | Skull Crushers III

Intro Post | MFP | 2nd Challenge

"Fire bad, tree pretty."

"Nothing but the rain..."

I love this carrot soup in the fall and winter. I often add parsnip or other root veggies, up the curry powder, add garam masala, use quinoa instead of rice, etc. A bit of turmeric is also good. It chills well, just add some water while reheating.

http://cstm.mymiddleearth.com/2011/02/cassys-cookbook-carrot-soup/

• Like 3

Tzippi Longstockings, level 9 Ranger/Monk 

Battle Log - My Fitness Pal - Quest to Find My Epic Quest - Challenges:   #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7,

The Westerosi Fitness Tour: Dorne Stormlands Vale the Reach Westerlands The Wall 

MamaBear Kiss Off Waterbending Rounding <<Current

My friend just showed me how to make garlic butter popcorn.

Sauté fresh crushed garlic in butter... She did it for a while so I am assuming she had the burner on low...

Then pour it over air popped popcorn. Stir it up. Eat. Enjoy.

Sent with a flurry of little thumbs and dog hair.

• Like 3

LyricalSharon

~Hobbit with the heart of an Amazon~

LVL 4 STR 7 DEX 1.5 STA 8.75 CON 5 WIS 3.5 CHA 3

I'm getting this road on the show... 

This is so much cooler than [insert diet program]

Battle Log Current Challenge

So I could use some advice.

I saw a recipe for kale chips. I thought it was a great idea, because I like greens, I like salty snacks, and I could use another healthy option to add to my arsenal. So I bought two bunches and just made the first batch.

Gotta say, not my favorite. I like greens cooked other ways. But this is just too strong a voodoo for me.

And now I've got about 3 lbs of kale and no idea what to do with it. It's much more bitter than say chard and I'm a wuss about bitter stuff, but I don't think it would respond well to the Southern Greens treatment. So, anybody have a good recipe that counters the bitter?

I'm gonna ask around a bit, see what I can dig up.

FunshineBear - Battle Log!!!

Level 0 Temporarily Orc...

Aspiring Ranger

[No stats to speak of yet]

Current Challenge

Whoso would be a man, must be a nonconformist.
He who would gather immortal palms must not be hindered by the name of goodness, but must explore it if it be goodness.
Nothing is at last sacred but the integrity of your own mind. - R.W. Emerson

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines