Artemis12 - I tried, now let's DO

Artemis Fernweh

The last two weeks of my last challenge went really well, and I believe that I just might be able to continue the success.

First up, stretching. I was not as successful on this as I should have been. This time I have a battle plan. First two weeks I will stretch for five minutes three times a week. Second two weeks I will stretch for ten minutes three times a week. And the final two weeks I will stretch for fifteen minutes three times a week. 3 DEX, 2 CON

Second, I will workout three times a week. 3 STR

Third, I will practice Parkour at least once during the week in addition to my lesson every week. 4 STA

As for my life goal, five minutes on the piano learning "Tale as Old as Time" while still playing "I am the Doctor". 2 CON, 1DEX

I am looking forward to doing this week! :)

Ranger - Level 7

My Character

Current Challenge

Well, now this sucks.

When I woke up on Friday I had a very runny nose with a stuffy head. Wisely, I went to weed-wack the yard (half an acre). I got worse and worse all day. I didn't workout and I didn't play on the piano. As the day wore on I got worse and worse. Yesterday I was completely sick with a fever. Today I am much better. I feel more human today, but I still have a ways to go. I am mostly worried about school tomorrow. I don't know if I should/can go or not. So this completely messes up my goals for this week. But since it was caused by something other than my laziness I am going to not count this as not doing it. Other than that I only missed on piano practice this week and last week. Last week I got in all three sessions of stretching and I got two of the stretches in this week (before getting sick). And I worked out everyday I was supposed to.

Ranger - Level 7

My Character

Current Challenge

Yuck, I had that nastiness last challenge. Here's what I do for it:

Take a regular sized mug and coat the bottom with honey. Fill it mostly full with water, maybe a bit more than 3/4. Heat it up to a comfortable temp you would drink a hot drink. It's about 1 min in our microwave. I use the caps on the bottles to measure -2 caps lemon juice, 2 caps organic apple cider vinegar with the Mother in it. I don't know what that means, but you need it lol. Stir it all up and add more honey to taste. I usually take this twice a day. It doesn't make the headache go away completely, but definitely lessens the pressure. If it's really bad I use 4 caps of vinegar. It's quite strong, but it works. Hope you feel better soon and don't have to miss much school for it.

• Like 1

Lady Feowyn Miread of Eldavar

You have no idea what you're capable of, you didn't create you.

Megathirio Discord- https://discord.gg/kr2YCJM   

Exercise is supposed to be good for your immune system, so even if you can't go to your maximum level, try to take yourself out for a walk or do very light stretching (maybe avoid anything where your head is upside down!) or whatever else makes sense for you. Take care of yourself and don't overdo it, but also just get moving a bit if you can! I'm terrible at taking this advice when I just want to stay in bed all day, so maybe I'll need you to kick me out of bed later this year. :)

Feel better!

• Like 1

Level 4 Adventurer

STR 6 | DEX 2 | STA 6 | CON 8 | WIS 10 | CHA 5

current challenge

third challenge | second challenge | first challenge

Well, it is thought that I have a mild case of strep throat which in turn caused my sinus infection. I am most certainly much better, and I might just be able to go to school tomorrow. Whether or not I retain anything that is taught is something else entirely. :)

That bad news is that two of my younger siblings have it now, and much worse than I did. Also, the rest of the family is now sneezing and sniffling. Not good! Everyone is being loaded up with medicine.

Other than all that, last week went pretty well. I got my stretching in and five minutes is definitely too short. This week I'm amping it up to ten minutes. One great thing about being sick is your appetite is greatly diminished. I'm hoping to keep a similar appetite when I am perfectly well. I'm having some trouble learning Tale as Old as Time. The tutorial is different than on I am the Doctor.

Ranger - Level 7

My Character

Current Challenge

Alright, well I am well from my illness. Truth be told I have been well for a while. :)

Last week I missed two piano sessions and one stretching session. The stretching sessions I have increased the stretching to ten minutes each. I did do a little something for my workout. And I found out that I can go down about half way on a pistol squat. That hardest part about that is balancing. Personally, I thought it would be the strength that would be the hardest. I took a forty minute walk the other day and it was marvelous, especially when a puppy ran up to me and kept trying to jump on me. It was kinda cute.

• Like 1

Ranger - Level 7

My Character

Current Challenge

I'm actually doing pretty well. Last week I got in all of my workout sessions and only missed one piano session. My stretching did not go so well. I only did two sessions and I totally forgot that I was supposed to be doing them for fifteen minutes instead of ten. I was a week behind in my head.

At my last Parkour lesson, I had a hard time jumping onto a 4x4 board about 4 1/2 feet away. I would end up with one foot beyond the board and the other foot in front of the board. That means that I can make it, I just don't. My instructor backed up the board I was standing on about three feet and told me to jump as close to the other board as I could. After about three jumps we measured the distance and it was about 6 1/2 feet. I can jump that far on flat ground but I freeze up at a board two feet closer.

Ranger - Level 7

My Character

Current Challenge

My instructor backed up the board I was standing on about three feet and told me to jump as close to the other board as I could. After about three jumps we measured the distance and it was about 6 1/2 feet. I can jump that far on flat ground but I freeze up at a board two feet closer.

My sister is terrified of doing any kind of jumping.  If there is a 2x4 laying on the ground, she freaks out when attempting to jump on/over it. But when it's a flat surface, it's fine. Seems like it's all in her head- that somehow she feels she'll trip or fall.

This last week went pretty well. I did all of my workouts. Only two stretching sessions got completed, but they were both fifteen minutes long. And I have been doing a little parkour when I can. I missed two piano sessions, but I have half of Tale as Old as Time memorized. It sounds pretty. On the parkour note, yesterday I practiced my wall runs and I was able to put my entire hand on top of my roof. It is a one story house. I was so excited when my whole hand got on there.

All in all I would have to say that my grade for everything is a B. Not too bad. I will be continuing on with the consistency for the workout and stretching goals. The Parkour goal I will change out with something else. The piano goal will stay there until I memorize all the songs that I want to.

On a completely unrelated note, I passes all of my midterm exams with As. All of my tests were on the last week of the challenge, which I believe is why I didn't get all of my piano practice in last week.

Ranger - Level 7

My Character

Current Challenge

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines