• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

No worries. You would be amazed at how long it took me to figure stuff out.

I'm happy to share!

Sent from my KFAPWA using Tapatalk

Is using the oven's self cleaning feature safe?

Usually, yes. But if you have any hesitation, I would call someone to check it, first.

Sent from my KFAPWA using Tapatalk

Okay I have some yellow squash.  I am going to make these with 2-3 of them....http://paleomg.com/zucchini-fritter-cups/.  Best recipe I found through a google search.  Figured the yellow squash would work well.  I still have another 2-3 I need to use.  Any ideas?  I can turn one into "spaghetti" but would like to try a new recipe on a severely limited budget.

Okay I have some yellow squash.  I am going to make these with 2-3 of them....http://paleomg.com/zucchini-fritter-cups/.  Best recipe I found through a google search.  Figured the yellow squash would work well.  I still have another 2-3 I need to use.  Any ideas?  I can turn one into "spaghetti" but would like to try a new recipe on a severely limited budget.

That recipe looks good. I would imagine it would work well. Squash and Zucchini share so much, the flavors should be good for both.

• Like 1

That recipe looks good. I would imagine it would work well. Squash and Zucchini share so much, the flavors should be good for both.

Absolutely.

Just remember that there is a high amount of water released by zucchini when cooking, and take that into account and you'll be stylin'!

It is delicious.  The garlic in it is fantastic.  Several coworkers tried it and loved it.

I am making a double batch freezing some.  We have never had a chance to freeze them since they have not last that long.  :)  Just what to do with the rest of the squash.

• Like 2

Made them and am not sure.  I keep forgetting that the skin of yellow squash in this case is thicker/tougher in texture.  They were wetter despite squeezing out liquid.  We have found if we slice them in half and throw them in a skillet with a bit of oil they crisp up and dry out tasting better when this happens.  Definitely like them better when not made with paper muffin cups.  That keeps them from crispy goodness.

• Like 2

What kind of food is better on parchment and what is better on aluminum? Do I have to worry about parchment paper being set on fire in the oven?

In my experience parchment is less likely to have things stick to it.  With foil usually a little oil is needed...quick hit of cooking spray for things that may carmelize (bbq sauce for example) or would stick should it be cooked on the stove top.  Unless using the broiler parchment works.  I have never used it in an over hotter then 400 degrees.  Come to think of it for things only under the broiler for a few minutes we have used parchment.  The exposed ends became dark and crispy so I would not recommend it.  I like to use parchment with fish.  I have used foil any time I was out of parchment and had no problems and did not really notice a difference in taste.  Now when baking parchment is a nice way to prevent cookies or pizza from sticking as much.  Helps make clean up a breeze.  I am sure others will know more.    

• Like 2

In my experience parchment is less likely to have things stick to it.  With foil usually a little oil is needed...quick hit of cooking spray for things that may carmelize (bbq sauce for example) or would stick should it be cooked on the stove top.  Unless using the broiler parchment works.  I have never used it in an over hotter then 400 degrees.  Come to think of it for things only under the broiler for a few minutes we have used parchment.  The exposed ends became dark and crispy so I would not recommend it.  I like to use parchment with fish.  I have used foil any time I was out of parchment and had no problems and did not really notice a difference in taste.  Now when baking parchment is a nice way to prevent cookies or pizza from sticking as much.  Helps make clean up a breeze.  I am sure others will know more.    

This is very helpful. I used foil for chicken wings last night and did notice some stickiness. I like using foil because i can just make a boat with lighter things or vegetables and dont have to wash anything!

When I would go camping, I would make foil wrapped packs of meat and veggies ahead of time, with spices and a bit of butter thrown in. I would freestyle overnight before hiking camping, then put them in a Ziploc for transit. By the time the hike was done, they were thawed but fresh. Cooking in coals for a few minutes (20-45, depending on size of ingredients) made a perfect meal after a day's activity. Each pack can be customized with spices and veggies and other items: cashew chicken with broccoli; beef with garlic onion and snow peas; yam, sweet potato and shrimp; whitefish with lemon and asparagus.

Y'all are making me hungry. :)

• Like 2