• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Kaylya

Kaylya continues to speed up

Worked out pretty well. My quads are tired and I had a little trouble with one move in Yoga but I think that's mainly from Squats on Wednesday.

Also, this satisfies trying out one of the Flow classes. I don't love the instructor of this class, but I'd go again if that's the best way to fit in a class.

Things are going great so far this challenge. Since I surprised myself a bit by actually making my < 30 minute time, I need to figure out my next running goal :)

Got out for a lovely run on my trail route today. I did 5km without any walk breaks (minus a few steps here and there for particularly technical parts or while approaching someone else), took a short walk break, and did a couple minutes more and then cooled off. Won't be too many more days when I think "It would be nice if it was a bit cooler" :) About 1.5km from logging my highest mileage month ever in Runkeeper, so that's incentive to make sure I get out again in the next 3 days. Now at 34% of my challenge distance goal.

Looks like I'll make my stretch goal of 6 workouts with 3 strength if I go to yoga tomorrow :) (I could even call it 7, but for some reason my brain wants to call cycling to & from work 1 workout)

Week 2 Summary:

STR: Gym + 2 Yoga (Stretch Goal Met)

Runs: 2 (8.5km total, now at 34% of goal)

Active Commute: Biked

Total Workouts: 6 (Stretch goal met)

Tried a new yoga class, and did it on the way home while biking.

Out the door with a lunch points - 7

So great on the fitness (particularly since I did nothing Monday/Tuesday), a little less great on the morning routine.

Ran home, more tired and a bit slower than last time.

But that takes me to 66.2km of running in Sept, which beats my previous single month when I've been using Runkeeper record of 60.5km (from Nov 2013 - I definitely do most of my distance in the fall).

My morning was 7:55 bus with a lunch.

Did STR tonight. And last week, I noticed the pool was finally open, so I packed my swim suit too and went for a dip afterwards. It's just a little pool (17.5m), did about 10 lengths of that with a leisurely head up breaststroke & crawl. Need to find my prescription goggles, I've gotten too used to being able to see in pools :P

I can see big things, just not little things :). It's being able to read signs, clocks, etc. in the pool area (without getting close and squinting), or being able to recognize someone based on more than knowing that they were wearing a red bathing suit.

Decided to bike in - there's some threat of rain every day for the rest of the long term forecast at the moment, but today was nice :) Left by 8 with a good lunch. So 2 active commutes this week, good to get ahead as the weather isn't going to get any better :)

On the 7:55 bus (barely) with a snack.

Got to the gym for some STR tonight. Hopefully it's not super rainy tomorrow and I can get a run in without getting soaked :)

Well, that's the closest I've come to burning the house down...

I made bacon this morning. While assembling my lunch, I noticed that I hadn't drained off the bacon grease, and thought it would be a good idea to turn the stove back on to re-liquify it. I then made my lunch and forgot about it for a while (10? 20? minutes) until I'm like "why does it smell like I just burnt some toast?", and then it occurred to me and I bolted up the stairs to find the grease smoking on the stove. Good thing I'd only turned it on to medium or so?

Probably a good time for a reminder that if you ever start a grease fire (which I have not done, I just figure I was awfully close today), you need to smother it (a pot lid, cookie sheet, baking soda, class B Fire extinguisher) and not under any circumstances try and put it out with water.

What happens when you put water on a grease fire:

http://youtu.be/v3F4c5o4J7M?t=1m5s

So near my place there's a spot where there's a path that meets the road in a perpendicular fashion. It's not a marked crossing of any sort but it is frequently a place where pedestrians and cyclists will cross. Today as I was approaching this spot, I see a guy on a bike. I assume he is going to stop, as any sane person would. Instead he proceeds to make a weird left turn right in front of me, and then as I swerve over to the other side of the road proceeds to bike the wrong way down the road... It's been such a wonderful day!

Run this morning, mostly with my husband (he went off ahead for a bit and did an extra loop). 5.5km, puts me at 52% of the challenge distance goal. I'm experimenting with Misfit on my Pebble (they just added the ability for activity tracking apps to work in the background), and it says right now I'm at 6806 steps. Seems like it probably overestimates while I'm not actually moving (it had about 36 when I got out of bed) and underestimates while I'm running?

Going to a relaxing yoga workshop later, that definitely won't count as strength ;)

I'm never sure how much I trust pedometers. The one on my phone seems pretty hit and miss and I've had dedicated pedometers that interpret a bus hitting bumps as steps taken.

I'm never sure how much I trust pedometers. The one on my phone seems pretty hit and miss and I've had dedicated pedometers that interpret a bus hitting bumps as steps taken.

Yeah - last night on the bus I logged over 200 steps while keeping my wrist stationary lying on my purse (after I noticed the step count going up). I do figure though that the point isn't to be completely accurate, it's to get yourself to move more, and that if you use it to shoot for higher numbers, you're going to move more unless you start completely gaming the system. I'm not interested in shelling out for an activity tracker, but interested enough to experiment with something I've already got ;)

One annoying thing from my run on Sunday is that the Misfit app popped up to say I had hit my goal while I had the Runkeeper display up, and then I wasn't sure how to get the Runkeeper display back. That being said, before a few days ago, that wasn't possible because the Misfit app couldn't track at all while Runkeeper was up, so they may work out these kinks ;)

Tuesday was a slow morning where I did have a lunch packed.

I'll definitely not be out the door by 7:40 this morning, but 7:55 might still be doable, time to get off the computer ;)

Sign in to follow this