• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Kaylya

Kaylya continues to speed up

Gym STR tonight.

For morning routine:

Yesterday I was out on my bike for about 7:55, today I also got the 7:55 bus. Haven't brought a lunch either day.

Out the door for 8:10 with a partial lunch.

Spilled a glass of water on my laptop tonight so need to find other means of entertainment. Doesn't smell like I short circuited anything but time will tell.

7:55 bus with a full lunch.

Laptop is sitting partially disassembled on a table; looks like a small amount of water got under the keyboard but not onto any circuitry.

Lappy lives! I think I broke one or two of the tiny tabs that help keep the keyboard in when I took it out, as it doesn't seem to be sitting as well as before, but other than that it's good.

• Like 1

It's been a pretty lazy weekend. The ball of my foot has been sore off and on since Tuesday (seems worst in the morning - by the time I walk the 10 minutes from the bus stop to work in the morning it's hurting pretty bad, but on the way home it's fine), and I think I might be coming down with a cold (my throat has been a little sore and I've been tired). Just cranked out some bodyweight strength work so I can say I've at least done something other than sitting on the couch watching Gilmore Girls (recently added on Netflix, at least in Canada!).

My running distance goal is in jeopardy. I haven't run in a week, and I have 20km left, which is a lot for me to do in a week, unless I wake up tomorrow feeling fantastic it probably isn't happening.

My foot didn't bug me today - felt the odd twinge, but not something that got worse and worse as I walked on it. I was running late, but packed a full lunch. It becomes notably harder to motivate myself to get out for a run when it is all 3 of cold, dark, and rainy. Not that cold in the absolute sense (it's above freezing!), just cold for the season so far (About 5 or 6 C when I opted not to go out at about 7:30pm).

Went to gym for STR and decided to do some running on the treadmill afterwards. I forgot how hard it is to make my self stay on the treadmill, I get so bored and I can just stop at any time.. Anyways, I covered more distance between walking to and from the gym than I did on the treadmill, but a couple of those treadmill minutes were pretty fast.

Made it to an Ashtanga class, and picked up a new headlamp for running which should be much brighter than my current one. Next week will still be daylight for running home or right when I get home, but after the time change it will be dark after work until about March..

Went for a run. Saw the hybrid goose again and took a picture.

Going to miss my distance goal by basically one run, but that's because of last week, not this week :)

post-23023-0-66866300-1414334822_thumb.j

Went and did a bodyweight strength workout last night for one final workout. Ate too many sweets and figured I better do my best to turn the excess calories into muscle :)

Went out for a run today. According to the Runkeeper app, I met my goal to run 70km by today, according to the website I did not (which is why I set the end date for the goal as today, I've had that before...). I love how they're consistent like that ;)

Wrap up:

At least 2 strength, aim for 3 some weeks: Yes, and I got in 3 strength 3/5 weeks.

At least 5 workouts, aim for 6 weeks: Got 5 every week except week 5, when my foot was sore and I still got 3 workouts in. But I got in 6 3 weeks so overall I averaged slightly over 5 :)

At least one yoga class per week: Missed 2 weeks - once when I was away for a weekend and once when I was not feeling great the next weekend. But there was also a week when I got 2 in.

Try at least one Ashtanga and Flow class: Yep, did one of each.

Active commute once per week: Yep, I even did one week where I ran and biked, for a total of 7 active commutes over the challlenge.

Overall distance goal: Missed it by just a bit, because I did 0 running in week 5. Completed it as of Monday.

Morning streamlining:

I petered off on tracking it. I have some mornings where I do well and others not so well.

Pretty happy with how I did. I started off really strong, and had a bit of a down week 5, but that was due to my foot being sore and being really tired for a couple days while I think fighting off a cold, and I came back for week 6. I had been thinking before this challenge that I might try to ramp up my yoga-ing to aim for 2 classes per week (and succeed at going to about 1.5), but I've learned that that just isn't going to happen and that I should NOT buy the 20 class over 18 week package when my current one expires :)

• Like 1

I love how much you've learnt this challenge. Look at you all, back in action on week 6! Congrats. It can be a real struggle to kick back into gear after an injury or an illness and you came back from both!! REBEL EXTRAORDINAIRE!

I agree with your assessment of the yoga. If it's not happening, don't push it. There's plenty of fun things to do that are sure to be better suited to your life and schedule. Great work!

Ran home yesterday and did some home bodyweight strength tonight.

As a post workout high protein snack, I just tried cottage cheese with kimchi. Not bad, though I prefer cottage cheese with salsa.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this