KB Girl, number 11

KB Girl

It's challenge number ten, time flies! I briefly considered skipping a challenge because i've failed so badly at keeping up with it... but really just reading through a couple topics this evening I realized I can't stay away! You guys keep me happy and motivated and make me feel like there is a place where people can understand me a bit (even if they don't get what the heck I do with those kettlebells, haha). And really, where else would there be discussions about how adulting is overrated and hard, but clean houses do keep us happy? And where else would there be so much video and examples of people being awesome and inspiring and overcoming obstacles? And I really really want to know about those things that are going on with everyone (i won't list things or name names because then i'll want to name everyone, so bugger that, but yea- i want to find out wether the pull-ups will happen or the jobs gotten, yknow)

So um. Thanks! I'll be here to stalk and be stalked. 

Yep, this is a quiet challenge, no shiny things, no fun theme, just trying to make sure I stay on track and keep up with life. :)

There are a lot of things I am working on and lots of things I want to work on- but I've got to keep this simple and just try to keep up with things and stay on track! (thanks for that one Hatter).

I'm finishing up my degree and working 60 hour weeks, so there is no room for chasing shiny things right now. I'll stick with one goal and a list of things to keep in mind and then just update as a sort of battle log I think.

The Goal: eat 1600 kcal and 100grams of protein every day. 

There are a lot of reasons I want to eat well / lose weight; 

- I want to compete in a lower weight category

- I want good recovery from training

- I want to be happier when I look in the mirror (+wear all the pretty clothes!)

- I want to be able to do pull-ups more easily and start working on a muscle-up

- I want to be an example and inspiration at our gym

- I want to be taken seriously as a dietician and "walk the walk"

- I want to enjoy sex more, not being self-conscious would really help :D

The fun part: photos and video

Having challenges has really helped me keep up with progress videos (essential when you're feeling down) and a good collection of food pics I can use as examples for future clients. My sub goal is to keep up with that! 

• Like 6

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: It's all future KB Girl's problem

my instagram - my gym's instagram

Other Things; 

- finish my degree..... do the work, stay organized and basically just survive the next 5 months

- adulting? Egh. I want a nice bat cave. A clean one. With clean clothes when I need them. And room in the fridge for my prepped lunch... without smelly stuff in there. And a relaxing place to sit and read.. and an inspiring place to work!

- Kettlebells, ofcourse! I'm training myself and others to the world championship. It's super exciting. I'll talk about it lots. 

- need to take good care of my body by doing GPP. Take care of all the recovering injuries and make damn sure I avoid any others. 

- more adulting... It's funny, I just looked at my first challenge and it had a "work on financial administration" goal in it. HAH! even after 9 challenges I still didn't get a good grade for anything like that. Ok it's not funny, it's sad.

• Like 2

I'm glad you decided to do a challenge! Good idea to just stick to one single main goal. I think we should buddy up on that one. :) I need to lose a similar amount of weight for pretty much the same reasons. Except the sex one, because I see it, if someone's turned on enough to want to sleep with me it doesn't matter what I look like anymore! :D 

I'm glad you decided to do a challenge, too.  It doesn't have to be something big or exciting, and it doesn't have to interfere with the other important things in your life.  Just do what you can and update us on your training when you have the time.

It's great that you're planning on keeping up with the progress photos and videos.  I find it really motivating to post things, as it helps me feel a bit more accountable to the group.  Also, it really helps to track progress to see where you were a few months ago or a year ago or whatever.  I can't wait to see your training videos!  

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

Diet stuff is hard. You have every excuse in the world to not do it and only one tiny excuse to succeed. It took me years of practice and trial and error to get it and I still have been struggling to get this final push started. The good news is that paying attention during all the hard times prepares you to succeed.

All your stuff is one day at a time. If you take it that way, you will succeed.

Barbarian of the Battle Logs

Battle Log

I'm glad you decided to do a challenge! Good idea to just stick to one single main goal. I think we should buddy up on that one. :) I need to lose a similar amount of weight for pretty much the same reasons. Except the sex one, because I see it, if someone's turned on enough to want to sleep with me it doesn't matter what I look like anymore! :D

Hah yea it should be that way, but really... my brain interferes at the worst possible moments ;)

It's good to have a buddy! How are you going about it? Just making better choices? 

I'm glad you decided to do a challenge, too.  It doesn't have to be something big or exciting, and it doesn't have to interfere with the other important things in your life.  Just do what you can and update us on your training when you have the time.

It's great that you're planning on keeping up with the progress photos and videos.  I find it really motivating to post things, as it helps me feel a bit more accountable to the group.  Also, it really helps to track progress to see where you were a few months ago or a year ago or whatever.  I can't wait to see your training videos!  

I'm glad too, thanks :) It does help me feel more accountable and motivated.. and every couple of months I sit down and wade through my youtube channel and figure that I did make some progress after all. 

Diet stuff is hard. You have every excuse in the world to not do it and only one tiny excuse to succeed. It took me years of practice and trial and error to get it and I still have been struggling to get this final push started. The good news is that paying attention during all the hard times prepares you to succeed.

All your stuff is one day at a time. If you take it that way, you will succeed.

It does prepare you! You're right about that. But the way I see it, I have a lot of reasons to succeed. Plus I've got a solid plan, I've learned a lot.. I can do this :)

Glad to see you decided to do a challenge, and I shall be following along too! And you've inspired me to add an adulting goal to my own challenge!

Adulting sucks! But it's a little better when I have other people to do it with :)

Funny how despite not really wanting to do a challenge I'm feeling really motivated this first challenge day-morning! Got up a little late, but still on time to do some laundry (yay clean workout clothes and bed sheets!) and make my food for the day. I simply made 3 sandwiches, cooked 3 eggs and packed 2 pieces of fruit. Together 1200 calories and 66 grams of protein. Leaves some room for dinner ;) 

Happy new challenge everyone!

• Like 2

Challenge starts have that effect. The excitement is infectious! 

I'm always torn in how to approach weight loss, because the analytic side of me says just track everything, trust the science and get things over and done with as quickly as possible. While lizard brain says tracking sucks, enjoy life and eat all the yummy things. But lately I've gone back to the bad habit of using sugar instead of real food as a pick me up and I hope that if I curb that reflex in my R&R goal together with tracking my protein intake I should get some easy results. I might go more militant in the future though. I have a wedding blessing ceremony thingy coming up in January, in Thailand, so I want to look good for that haha. ;)

Happy First Day!

I have just had the last week off work and amongst other things we had a huge bat cave tidy, top to bottom, we have got rid of soooooo much stuff.

It's amazing how much a clean bat cave can make you happy. I am even happy here at work, knowing when I go home everything is tidy and in order

Happy new challenge! Glad you decided to make one. :)

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

As someone who has gone through this weight loss journey of mine with my partner, I have to say that sex is better when you're fitter. And I can totally understand that feeling of being ulgh even though the person you are sleeping with is into you (obviously).

Glad you are back and happy day 1!

RAWR!!!!

I'm a time traveler, but I can only go one way and only a second at a time.

Yay, I'm so glad you decided to do another challenge. And nothing wrong with simple. Simple is good, simple is achievable.

It's kind of funny how all these areas of discipline lend themselves to each other - it's easier to stay on track with food when your home is clean etc, and conversely when you start to let one area slip, it's more tempting to let the others slip too.

Oh well. We'll figure this adulting thing out eventually, right?!

I've already noticed some positive mojo flowing from cleaning my kitchen... now I want to get the rest of the place clean too, and fancy-up my workout area and, and and... it'll all snowball if I let the momentum keep going!

• Like 1

Race: Wood Elf

Level 20

Class: Ranger

Strength: 45 | Dexterity: 15 | Stamina: 44 | Constitution: 29 | Wisdom: 35 | Charisma: 28

BATTLE LOG   EPIC QUEST  CHALLENGE

Challenge starts have that effect. The excitement is infectious! 

I'm always torn in how to approach weight loss, because the analytic side of me says just track everything, trust the science and get things over and done with as quickly as possible. While lizard brain says tracking sucks, enjoy life and eat all the yummy things. But lately I've gone back to the bad habit of using sugar instead of real food as a pick me up and I hope that if I curb that reflex in my R&R goal together with tracking my protein intake I should get some easy results. I might go more militant in the future though. I have a wedding blessing ceremony thingy coming up in January, in Thailand, so I want to look good for that haha. ;)

Now to find out how to make the infection last! ;) Well actually we're still here so it seems to be a lasting one, haha.

I've recently found that 'trusting the science' works for me best because when i'm just trying to make the good choices will cast doubt in my mind about wether or not it will all be worth it.. and then i decide to eat ice-cream. So with a calorie goal I know exactly what I'm in for. I don't actually track. I just count out 400 calorie meals and then forget about it. 

But easy results sounds good! How will you be tracking progress?

Happy First Day!

I have just had the last week off work and amongst other things we had a huge bat cave tidy, top to bottom, we have got rid of soooooo much stuff.

It's amazing how much a clean bat cave can make you happy. I am even happy here at work, knowing when I go home everything is tidy and in order

That sounds so lovely, really! I know that today after work I didn't even really want to go home because it's a mess. Oh well, I don't have any days off anymore so I can't expect to be able to do a big cleaning spree. Which might be better in the long run for me.

Happy new challenge! Glad you decided to make one. :)

Yea, me too :) Happy new challenge!

As someone who has gone through this weight loss journey of mine with my partner, I have to say that sex is better when you're fitter. And I can totally understand that feeling of being ulgh even though the person you are sleeping with is into you (obviously).

Glad you are back and happy day 1!

RAWR!!!!

That's good to hear :D Now that I can really complain about my sex life.. but.. well you know how when you're a little drunk you're more into it with some abandon and no self-consciousness? That'd be nice. While sober. 

RAWR!! \o/

Yay, I'm so glad you decided to do another challenge. And nothing wrong with simple. Simple is good, simple is achievable.

It's kind of funny how all these areas of discipline lend themselves to each other - it's easier to stay on track with food when your home is clean etc, and conversely when you start to let one area slip, it's more tempting to let the others slip too.

Oh well. We'll figure this adulting thing out eventually, right?!

I've already noticed some positive mojo flowing from cleaning my kitchen... now I want to get the rest of the place clean too, and fancy-up my workout area and, and and... it'll all snowball if I let the momentum keep going!

Snowballing and momentum.. absolutely want some of that! Really half the time I don't want to get started on something because of how big the pile of things to be done really is.. so I want to avoid thinking about it.. For now i'll try to trick my brain with babysteps :)

• Like 1

That's good to hear :D Now that I can really complain about my sex life.. but.. well you know how when you're a little drunk you're more into it with some abandon and no self-consciousness? That'd be nice. While sober. 

RAWR!! \o/

Snowballing and momentum.. absolutely want some of that! Really half the time I don't want to get started on something because of how big the pile of things to be done really is.. so I want to avoid thinking about it.. For now i'll try to trick my brain with babysteps :)

As to the first part: I want me some of that too. Totally feeling you. My husband does an excellent job of making me believe he finds me attractive, but that's not quite the same thing as thinking it yourself!

And for the second: Have you heard of Unfuck your Habitat? I just discovered it last challenge - it's a blog/tumblr/not-very-good app, but despite my disappointment in the app, I really like the concept. It's all about taking care of things in 20 minutes spurts rather than unsustainable marathon cleaning (which I am super guilty of), and how naturally lazy people deserve and are capable of having clean living spaces too! And the tumblr is full of before/after pics of other people's messes, which for some reason I adore. Anyways. Might be worth checking out in your (non-existent, from the sounds of it!) spare time :)

Race: Wood Elf

Level 20

Class: Ranger

Strength: 45 | Dexterity: 15 | Stamina: 44 | Constitution: 29 | Wisdom: 35 | Charisma: 28

BATTLE LOG   EPIC QUEST  CHALLENGE

I've recently found that 'trusting the science' works for me best because when i'm just trying to make the good choices will cast doubt in my mind about wether or not it will all be worth it.. and then i decide to eat ice-cream. So with a calorie goal I know exactly what I'm in for. I don't actually track. I just count out 400 calorie meals and then forget about it. 

But easy results sounds good! How will you be tracking progress?

I've done the tracking periodically and think I have a fairly good idea of how much I should eat to lose weight. The question of if I'll actually stick to it is pretty independent on whether I'm tracking or not. On the other hand there's a much bigger correlation between activity and food intake, if I move a lot I tend to (usually) have better portion control and eat generally healthier and if I'm inactive/working a lot I tend to have more cravings and eat like crap. But I have to say I really like your idea of counting out small meals!

I won't do anything fancy to track progress, my BF% scales with my measurements which scales with my weight. So just keeping track of my weight will be good enough for this challenge. :)

As to the first part: I want me some of that too. Totally feeling you. My husband does an excellent job of making me believe he finds me attractive, but that's not quite the same thing as thinking it yourself!

And for the second: Have you heard of Unfuck your Habitat? I just discovered it last challenge - it's a blog/tumblr/not-very-good app, but despite my disappointment in the app, I really like the concept. It's all about taking care of things in 20 minutes spurts rather than unsustainable marathon cleaning (which I am super guilty of), and how naturally lazy people deserve and are capable of having clean living spaces too! And the tumblr is full of before/after pics of other people's messes, which for some reason I adore. Anyways. Might be worth checking out in your (non-existent, from the sounds of it!) spare time :)

First part; exactly!

Second part; I've seen it yea :) I find those pre and post pictures to be mesmerizing too. Want some of my own.. It's really a lot like the flylady thing and mostly intended to make you realize you can do plenty in little time.

I've done the tracking periodically and think I have a fairly good idea of how much I should eat to lose weight. The question of if I'll actually stick to it is pretty independent on whether I'm tracking or not. On the other hand there's a much bigger correlation between activity and food intake, if I move a lot I tend to (usually) have better portion control and eat generally healthier and if I'm inactive/working a lot I tend to have more cravings and eat like crap. But I have to say I really like your idea of counting out small meals!

I won't do anything fancy to track progress, my BF% scales with my measurements which scales with my weight. So just keeping track of my weight will be good enough for this challenge. :)

Ok good- I was thinking about it, but if weight is good enough for you then I'll go with that too.

I've also noticed this correlation between movement and good eating! I think that's really the main reason why people lose weight when they come to our gym. It's not like "burning calories" is making much of a difference.

Monday went well (1600cal & 100gr protein, check).

In the evening I put the clean sheets back on the bed, vacuumed our bedroom and prepped food for today. How very adult of me, right? ;)

Same as yesterday I just made 3 sandwhiches, along with a cooked egg and some chicken;

cd159cd998578bb25b82d76b8a1a49af.jpgd8f2f519366ff2c77054b80830b8829c.jpg

The one in foil is for breakfast :D

It's easy to count it all in one go, I just make it, count it and then use what's left for the chicken.

• Like 2

Stalky stalk stalk?

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Stalky stalk stalk?

Yes?

I'm really glad you decided to do a challenge. Remember that they're about you and not about putting on a show and making it exciting. Sometimes a relaxing bit is good. 

Stalking you!

Hi! :) Well, making things a little exciting helps to keep motivated and such, right.

nice prep!

Thanks! It's a bit boring really, 3 meals pretty much the same. But hey, for now it works.

Just dropping some starting stats here; 

Monday evening (sept, 15) I weighed 74,5kg. 

Training wise, I did the following (on sept 15); 

max set 12kg snatch with a single switch; 7,5 minutes. -> aiming for 10 or 12 

6 minute snatch set with 16kg, switch every minute. -> this was reasonable and my goal will be to do the 6 minutes with a single switch. 

Videooo so I can also check form (and maybe see if I look smaller, haha); 

• Like 2

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines