KB Girl, number 11

KB Girl

Wednesday went well for food, 1550&120! I'm especially proud of this one because I visited my sisters to 'borrow' some clothes and she had made brownies. They came hot out of the oven. And I ignored them! Woot ;)

I have an afternoon/evening shift today so I actually had breakfast at home. Also packed 2 lunches, the usual since I haven't been grocery shopping yet.

I also went for a short run this morning since I probably won't make it to the gym. It wasn't too bad.

As far as adulting goes; I cleaned the kitchen, did the dishes and sweeped the floor. But it's still a mess.

First off, may I add my admiration to the whole brownie scenario?! Way. To. GO!!!!

Also, good adulting :) Even if it's still a mess, at least it's not a worse - or even the same - mess. That counts. I was hella proud of myself just for not waiting until the weekend to tidy up the kitchen last night. Focus on the good parts, and more of it will become good parts :D

Race: Wood Elf

Level 20

Class: Ranger

Strength: 45 | Dexterity: 15 | Stamina: 44 | Constitution: 29 | Wisdom: 35 | Charisma: 28

BATTLE LOG   EPIC QUEST  CHALLENGE

Absolutely! I replied over in the kettlebell thread :)

Thanks! How do you think I'd do during the zombie apocalypse? ;)

Nomnomnom

Ahahaha. Well, can you lift heavy things? Can you run realreal fast?

If so, you're better off than I am!

Lolavictrola

Amazon Adventurer in Training

STR 1 | STA 12 | DEX 1 | CON 11 | WIS 3 | CHA 16 -- 44 PT Total

My Epic Quest   ::   Current Challenge  

You can resist Brownies?! That's insane!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

sounds like a good wednesday!

I think we should give a badge for the people who resist brownies. It's a special talent ;)

Are you a robot?

You are a titan of self control

Running? Resisting brownies? Cleaning dishes and the kitchen? SOOOO ADULT. 

I'm with raptron, very adult of you. I don't even especially like brownies, and I doubt I could have resisted them fresh out of the oven.

First off, may I add my admiration to the whole brownie scenario?! Way. To. GO!!!!

Also, good adulting :) Even if it's still a mess, at least it's not a worse - or even the same - mess. That counts. I was hella proud of myself just for not waiting until the weekend to tidy up the kitchen last night. Focus on the good parts, and more of it will become good parts :D

Woohoo on ignoring the brownies!!!

You can resist Brownies?! That's insane!

Haha thanks guys, you made me feel extra awesome for resisting the brownies! I'll have that to think about next time I face chocolately baked goods <3

• Like 1

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: KB Girl prepares for the new year

my instagram - my gym's instagram

It's always interesting watching your videos, because we seem to have a very similar body type (and I think we're the same height, too).  It's not always fair to yourself to play the "do I look smaller" game.  If you have wide hip bones and muscular thighs, they're not going to get any smaller.   ;)

Yes, we do seem to have a very similar body type! And really.. i'm okay with having big hips and big thighs. I just want it to be perfectly clear that they are big because of muscle and good childbearing genes ;) And I figure reducing body fat somewhat will do away with the love handles and make that much more clear. Flat stomach is kinda what i'm going for I guess.

And hell, I think we look pretty good.. my main personal reasons involve better performance and a better professional impression, not just or even mainly looks.

Following :).

I love the pictures of your meals, it gives me some ideas for fast meals ;).

Good, sometimes fast is great. Little fuss. 

I really like your idea of advanced prepping as well. It's one thing to have a menu written down, but it looks so much easier to comply with when you have them packaged ahead of time.

It really is, i've noticed that today. (spend the day at home so didn't prep). Makes it much easier to make rational decisions and actually count cals/protein while you can still do something about it.

Following! Love your super-focused challenge, and go you for sticking to it so firmly!

Great! thanks :)

Ahahaha. Well, can you lift heavy things? Can you run realreal fast?

If so, you're better off than I am!

Ehm.. a little of both? ;) we'll have to work on that.

Dude. You are killing this "quiet" challenge.

:orange: the start is always easy tho

• Like 1

Thursday went well for food, that makes 4 in a row. I was a little more hungry than usual.. 

I was home from work very late and then went to pick up my bf from the gym. Decided to join in for a short (20 min) ring training to work on those shoulders. In my jeans and blouse :D

Friday is going well so far, I've had 3 meals of 400 and if dinner goes well then i'm all good. 

I've done a lot of laundry, vacuumed and cleaned all the floors.. even did some dusting and gotten the cobwebs off the ceiling. Then I went shopping.. only downside is that I mostly spend so much time on this to avoid tackling some paperwork. 

Now i'm going to the gym for a good kettlebell training.. and maybe visit the sauna afterwards. They've got this new thing where you can pay for just an hour. It'd be nice to get an ice bath, swim for a bit and have a couple minutes in the steam cabin. I reckon I deserve it if I do at least 8 minutes of snatches in a row ;)

• Like 3

Today went well too! I'm actually a little under on calories (1500) but protein spot on. That's 5 days in a row! Woot woot! Woot! 

I've come up with a points system.. i'm loving the chain idea, but want to prevent the thought "oh i broke it anyway might as well enjoy it for another day or two or ten before starting it back up".... Therefor I will award myself one point for every link in the chain. When I break the chain I will lose one third of my points. Let me clarify that; i lose one third of the points for every missed day. 

Reaching a certain number of points will get me rewards. First will be at 14 points; i'll get those new shoes i want. 50 will be getting sushi at the expensive awesome place. I'll add more rewards soon. 

Training was great, I did 8 minutes snatch with the 16kg. This time I switched like this; 90sec/90/90/90/60/60. My heart rate was 156. Left arm grip failed at the end, but I know why and will work on fixing it. Did some barbell cleans after to play a bit, it's good fun.

Then we went to the sauna as planned. It's 4 euros for an hour.. it was really nice and i'll definitely be doing that more often! 

• Like 2

I like that chain idea! Sure will watch out, how you fare with it (and then maybe borrow it for myself ;)).

the artist usually known as WALDGEIST

Epic Quests

Challenges by theme

Star Wars: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #5B, #6, #6B, #10, #11, #16, #17, (Current Callenge)

TeenWolf: #7

SHIELD: #8, #12, #13, #14, #15

Magicians: #9

"It's never too late, to become what you could've been!"

Great challenge progress so far, and great idea with the chain points!

Wednesday went well for food, 1550&120! I'm especially proud of this one because I visited my sisters to 'borrow' some clothes and she had made brownies. They came hot out of the oven. And I ignored them! Woot ;)

This is a power I do not possess. BROWNIESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

**tummy grumbles**

I'm a time traveler, but I can only go one way and only a second at a time.

Today went well too! I'm actually a little under on calories (1500) but protein spot on. That's 5 days in a row! Woot woot! Woot! 

I've come up with a points system.. i'm loving the chain idea, but want to prevent the thought "oh i broke it anyway might as well enjoy it for another day or two or ten before starting it back up".... Therefor I will award myself one point for every link in the chain. When I break the chain I will lose one third of my points. Let me clarify that; i lose one third of the points for every missed day. 

Reaching a certain number of points will get me rewards. First will be at 14 points; i'll get those new shoes i want. 50 will be getting sushi at the expensive awesome place. I'll add more rewards soon. 

Training was great, I did 8 minutes snatch with the 16kg. This time I switched like this; 90sec/90/90/90/60/60. My heart rate was 156. Left arm grip failed at the end, but I know why and will work on fixing it. Did some barbell cleans after to play a bit, it's good fun.

Then we went to the sauna as planned. It's 4 euros for an hour.. it was really nice and i'll definitely be doing that more often! 

Again I reiterate... how did you resist fresh brownies?!

:P

I'm a time traveler, but I can only go one way and only a second at a time.

I like that chain idea! Sure will watch out, how you fare with it (and then maybe borrow it for myself ;)).

Borrowing is good! I'm happy so far.. we'll see if i crash and burn ;)

I love that chain idea :). Good job on keeping your meals on track as well! And you even adulted a lot, did a ring workout and a kettle bell workout. You are just awesome!

Thanks  :orange: Riding the challenge-start high while I can!

Great challenge progress so far, and great idea with the chain points!

Thank you! Just have to think up some more rewards, haha.

This is a power I do not possess. BROWNIESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

**tummy grumbles**

Again I reiterate... how did you resist fresh brownies?!

:tongue:

Haha! It is pretty freakish I guess xD really though, you don't know my family.. and my work (I work at the bakery part of a grocery store).. and the people that come to my gym.. if I wasn't able to resist baked goods i'd be really really fat. So lots of practice I guess. The chocolate stuff is hardest!

Saturday & Sunday was another food win! That makes seven days in a row! *does happy dance*

Week 1; A f*cking plus! 

I'm really happy with my straight forward hyper focused challenge. I realize i'm still riding the challenge-start motivation wave, but i'll enjoy it while it lasts. The previous ten challenges have really taught me a lot about food/diet/prep/brainstuff and I reckon I might have just found something that works for me.. we'll see how I do with the remaining 5 weeks. Also being in the right weight category for the world championships might just be extra super motivating me.

Saturday was a bbq, i couldn't very well weigh and measure anything- so I went with grossly overestimating everything. I probably ended up a little low on calories so I went to bed hungry. *shrug*. Sunday we went to a restaurant for lunch with business associates, they didn't have calorie information so I went with a soup (thai broccoli and prawns) and I'm 100% sure I ended up under the 400 cal I had for that meal, so again navigated that quite well. 

Too busy to do any adulting besides laundry... will fix that / catch up tomorrow. The to do list is long :( Also sucked at walked proper distances with the dog, gotta fix that too.

At the gym today I did my hip&knee re-/pre-hab work along with some strength work (farmers carrys and weighted lunges). 

• Like 4

Hello! I'm having a hard time adulting... My problem is -- If I started decluttering one place, and I'd left it cluttered for a few days before I got enough motivation to finish tidying up things >,<
I enjoy your sandwiches, so I'm subbing for more :D Have a good day adulting tomorrow!

.: d3li9ht :.

Level 2 Aspiring Assassin

[ STR 3.3 ][ DEX 2.9 ][ STA 4 ][ CON 3.2 ][ WIS 4 ][ CHA 2 ]

Challenges:  #0.5  |  #1.5  |  #3 CURRENT  |  YAYOG PVP (W5D3)  

The Awesome Colorful Spreadsheets 

HOT STREAK! 

Fantastic week. 

Raptron, alot assassin

6564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Three cheers for 7 days of good food wins!

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines