metal_weaver's done being afraid!

metal_weaver

I love your theme of fearlessness. I know all about fear tied to weight or lack of fitness. You can also add me to the list of folks who are unintentionally undermined by the spousal unit. It's not malicious at all but it really sucks when I've put together a good day, resisted all the temptations and my partner says, "I want ice cream." 

Looks like your challenge is off to a great start! 

Thanks JD! We just gotta remember, they are individuals with thoughts and desires of their own. They're not always going to be on the same page as us. Love 'em anyway. ^_^

Day 2 recap:

Didn't eat till 11am. Had a naked veggie omelet wrap from Java. Yes, had food to prep in the fridge but didn't want to take the time to prepare it, honestly. :/ not the greatest reason, but it's the truth.

Got home, walked to the auto parts store with the boys, got a spark plug for the lawn mower, walked home and changed it out, monkeyed around with a couple other things trying to get the dang thing to start. Horked and heaved and FINALLY got it to start! YESS!!!! Woman: 1 - mechanical beast: 0  So I proceeded to mow the lawn. Twice. Yes, the grass was THAT long. Had the boys help me out with some interim raking to try and not re-mow all the cuttings all over again. Finally put the mower away, then got to pulling all the stupid-long plant-things along the house... so lawn-mower-starting, pushing, pulling, walking, squats, one-arm rows pulling the stubborn half-trees... it was a GREAT time. I love working in the dirt. ^_^ Almost makes me want to change professions. Almost. I'm pretty sore this morning though. I think it's part from Tuesday's workout, part from last night's activity and the fact that I slept like crud. So anyway, back to food. Cut my timing too close with the yard work so had to hurry the kids into the car and ended up at McD's for dinner. Yes, I know, horrible choice. I had 2 onion cheddar burgers w/out the bun. So yay, franken-meat with chemicals dressed up as "cheese" and onions that were killed and saturated in Lord only knows what kind of oil. Feel free to flame away. And I fed that garbage to my kids too. Yay. Way to go, Mom. *sigh* So yeah, Got the kids to their AWANAs, got to my Bible study a little late, but it all evened out in the end.

This morning was a single, solitary overcooked egg. LOL! I like my eggs overcooked, though... so it wasn't too bad. ;P

Activity: read above. :)  I'm going to have dig deep to workout today... cause even just sitting at my desk typing hurts. My left shoulder is super tight and my inner thighs remind me they're there every time I move my legs... lol! Oh well... push on, hey? :P

Will post later w/ workout stats.

Go Go Gadget Day 3!

inspector_gadget_gif_by_polarstar-d6w9bc

• Like 3

One meal of poor eating will not kill you - just try and not make it one poor meal every day!

True that. I didn't completely bomb the meal, but I could have done MUCH better. For me and the kids. Just gotta learn from my mistakes and resolve to do better next time the situation comes up again. Cause I know it will eventually. 

Thanks for the encouragement Maigrey. I appreciate it.

• Like 1

I second that.  I too have problems with having time to cook for the family.  After work and all the working out and fitness activities there is no time for cooking.  I cook a big pot of something on Sunday and that's what we are stuck with all week.  Not very adventurous and I feel like I am cheating them, but we had to change priorities and cooking didn't make the cut.  It certainly is challenging to fit making healthy food into the day though..

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

Wow, your goals are so exciting, and it looks like you are off to a really good start. Just that theme of FEARLESS makes me feel pumped, and I laughed really hard at "fat white girl can't jump", I know that feeling. Soon that will be a thing of the past, you can do it! 

EDIT: I forgot to mention, YAY a fellow half-orc lady! 

• Like 1

Half-Orc Babe | Peaceful Warrior | Lvl 0 | 1st Challenge | Femme Fatales

"In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer." - Albert Camus

My weight-loss journey, since September 8 2014: SW: 256  CW: 247 GW:140

7.7%
7.7%

OH MY GOSH!!! So much to catch up on!! :D

Thursday Recap:

Dinner was steak and mashed (white) potatoes. Not 100% ideal, but I'll take it seeing as my hubby made the family dinner. Wootliness!!!

Didn't work out seeing as I got a text from my friend: my presence was requested 4 hours north to help set up for our mutual friend's wedding. Opportunity allowed, so I drove up Thursday night. Got there around 1am. Crashed out shortly thereafter. ... Why didn't I just go up Friday morning? lol

Friday Recap:

I did amazeballs on my food goal - especially for NOT being at home!!

Brunch was eggs & sausage. Next meal was dinner at like 6pm so I went to the grocery store in town and picked up some noms. For dinner I had an avocado, half a tub of alfalfa sprouts and about 1/2 of a small bag of "end pieces" soft white cheese of some sort (I would estimate about 2oz). Yes, I could have lived w/out the cheese, but it went beautifully with the sprouts and helped curb the urge to get something naughty. Oh, and water to drink all day. :D ROCK ON!

WORKOUT!! So I Thursday night I stayed in a room with another gal I knew from my Thursday-night gaming sessions. Would have stayed with her Friday night too except that her hubby decided to come up Friday night instead of Saturday morning, so I got shooed out. Fair enough, I'm cool with that. So I got my own room!! And guess what I did?! :3

ERNGRY BURDZ WERKOUT!! ERMAHGERD!!

Squats: 31/26/14  really pushed myself. Did 1 better on the first and second rounds and that's what I was really aiming for.

Counter push-ups: 10/5/failure -- one better on the second round. Man am I out of shape on these! C'mon chicken arms... get pushing!!

One-Arm Rows w/ 1 gallon water: 20/13/4 pfft. My upper back was kinda spent from all the extended-arm decorating stuff from the beginning of the day.

Planks: I forgot to set the time, but I did 3 circuits to failure. I feel like I did good, but I know my form was all over the place on my second circuit. Tried setting myself up differently for "take-off" and it messed me up.

WOOT WOOT!!

Saturday Recap:

Lyndsey's Wedding daaaaay!!

Skipped Breakfast. Skipped Lunch. Was doing little bits of last minute prep for the wedding; running between the bride's room and the reception room fetching things and being useful. I got to do the bride's hair. ^_____^ Was fun. This is the second wedding I've helped set up where I'm not actually IN the wedding party. Funny how that works.

Wedding was great. After the ceremony I tooled around with the wedding party as they were doing their pictures and helped basically cart things around (cell phones, cigarettes [blegh], keys, etc) so got in some nice light hiking. Thank goodness for wearing my sneakers. :D

Dinner was buffet style. Had a nice salad with a tiny drizzle of Italian dressing. Also had 2 palm-sized pieces of roast beef (hold the bread), 2 palm-sized pieces of turkey (again, hold the bread - cause they were serving them up as sandwiches! lol), skipped the mashed potatoes (you could tell they weren't from a box, but I didn't want 'em), skipped the corn... loaded up literally half my plate with green beans (omg so good... a bit salty, but they were amazing) and that was it! I did have a small bite of something they called "fry bread"... it looked like a donut, so I didn't grab one, but I got it shoved in my face by one of the bridesmaids and ordered to eat it or she would have shoved it in my nostril. Tasted like a dense bite of homemade bread. I could see where it would be really good if you were into bread. Glad I didn't grab one either way. :)

Danced a couple dances after dinner but mainly just joked around with one of the groomsmen. Keep in mind: the ppl in the wedding party were all my friends from my pen & paper role play gaming group... so geeks everyone. Anyway, Jeff and I made a trebuchet out of a straw, some plastic cocktail swords and a couple disassembled wedding bell trinkets that were on the table melted (in some cases) and tied (in others) with burlap string from the table cloth. We proceeded to wage war on Alex, hubby of Alicia (Alex = that hubby that came up Friday night) who had a catapult made from his dessert plate and fork. He was launching a paper ball at us, trying to get it into my water cup. Jeff & I were launching a handled "mace" and trying to get it into Alicia's water cup. Neither of us succeeded in our task, but we kept ourselves entertained for a good 90+ minutes. I haven't giggled that much in I don't know how long. It was a blast.

Ended the night around 1am after a couple games of cards. Had to drive back Sunday morning! Short night.

Sunday Recap:

Sunday was a tough one. I was uber tired from not getting a lot of sleep the night before. I had a roast beef 'n swiss sammy (sans bread and most of the swiss with it) and a gas station cappuccino which I hoped would wake me up some for the drive home. It just gave me gut rumblies and made me have to stop a couple extra times to get it out. Bleh. Got home and spent some time w/ the boys. Snuggled up to Toby on the couch and passed out. 3 hours later, I'm waking up goin' "huh, I'm hungry". The kids were demanding pancakes for dinner ("demanding" meaning "hey mom, let's do PANCAKES!" <insert happy faces here>). Fine. Made 'em pancakes. I fried up an egg and had a carrot and the last roma tomato with it. Still tired, so after the hubby got home I crashed out again. Mmmm sleep.

Week 1 in Summary:

Food goals: [insert grade here]

Primary Workout Goal: 2 out of 3 achieved.

Secondary Workout Goal: n/a till week 2

Life Goal: nada

Monday Recap:

YAY WORK!! Schedules and normality!!!!!

Monday was beautiful! Didn't have anything to eat till lunch, of which I went out w/ my marketing buddy to Uno's. Wow... they don't have a lot of good choices at Uno's. Ended up with a salad w/ grilled chicken and arugula and tomatoes and other green leafy things... and skipped the dressing for some fresh squeezed lemon. Also had a grilled eggplant-tomato-spinach wrap sans wrap. Yum. Water to drink. Dinner was rice 'n pork w/ chicken gravy for the kids (the younger two go gaga for this meal) while I had leftover roasted chicken and a yellow zucchini. I did sneak a couple small swipes of the chicken gravy from Steve's bowl, however the intent was in jest because he was guarding his bowl like I was going to steal it from him. It was fun playing around with the boys, although I'm sure the hubby would not have approved of playing at dinner time. Pfff... whatev. ;P Hmm... how to ween the kids off their obsession with gravy. Thanks, Grandma, for gettin' them hooked. LOL! Any ideas would be welcomed.

Didn't work out as I woke up Monday morning with another serious crink in my left shoulder that ran up to my neck again. It's gotta be how I was sleeping. Man oh man was I in pain all day Monday though. I must have not have stretched it out as good as I did the other day, though, cause it persisted through till I went to bed again Monday night. Ugh.

• Like 1

Tuesday Recap:

And now we finally get to today!!! :D

Diet's been spot on so far. Skipped breakfast. Skipped lunch (due to a product presentation at my work. Coooooool program. I hope it meets our needs cause I really want to get my fingers on it and figure it out!). Dinner was "spaghetti" for the kids. So I had bought a bag of whole wheat egg noodles. Decided what the heck and cooked 'em up tonight for the boys to eat. I tried one to test the done-ness. Don't miss noodles really... so that was cool. Not going to take a single noodle as a failure. The sauce... now that was a stroke of genius. I took the last can of spinach from the cupboard, grabbed a can of beets and proceeded to dump their perspective liquids out and blend them in the blender. Enter a nasty-looking brownish-blackish sludge that smelled and tasted just delicious (to me). Mixed that with a large can of crushed tomatoes & a partial can of tomato paste. Threw some Italian spices in there with some garlic and viola. I basically made a tomato veggie soup out of it. The younger two loved it. The oldest doesn't like tomato-based dishes, so just made him try the sauce and then he had leftover pancakes. I just "drank" the sauce/soup. So tasty. YAY FOR LEFTOVERS!!!

Workout: haven't worked out YET. It's 9:41pm. Had to rake up the remainder of last week's lawn clippings, mow the lawn again and rake up THIS week's clippings when I got home. Follow that up with making dinner and an intensive homework night and I just finally had time to myself when I started this posting business at 8:30... cause updating my thread was actually equally important. Don't want to lose the momentum. Granted it's been a broken 90 minutes.

If I go to bed now (and avoid interacting with the bad-mood hubby whom I just got off the phone with) I should be able to get up earlier and get in a workout tomorrow morning before work. Then I can do workouts on Friday and Sunday and have my 3 ABWs in for this week!

Woot! 5am Here I Come!

• Like 3

Getting caught up on your thread. You are doing great on the food goals. Pumpkin applesauce-NOM! Gravy, that's funny my mom got my son (and me) hooked on it. Mine is never as good. Now, most of the time I  just do broth and let it simmer down until it is a bit thicker (still not as thick as gravy)

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 11   Charisma 14   Strength 18  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Sounds like you are having a great week, I love your enthusiasm. That veggie soup mixture you made sounds delicious, I might need to make some with the spare spinach I have in the fridge hehe. As for your gravy dilemma before, if it's the nutrition you are worried about, I've tried some various paleo gravy recipes that have turned out great! If you want to get rid of the gravy addiction your kids have entirely, well, I cannot help you. Gravy is delicious. 

• Like 2

Half-Orc Babe | Peaceful Warrior | Lvl 0 | 1st Challenge | Femme Fatales

"In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer." - Albert Camus

My weight-loss journey, since September 8 2014: SW: 256  CW: 247 GW:140

7.7%
7.7%

Wow.  You've done amazing.  Especially with a little travel and being at a wedding.  Great job.   I am amazed. And I love your idea about the sauce.  I used to be better about sauteing a bunch of veg into my tomato sauce but blending some spinach (I'll pass on the beets thanks) is a stroke of genius. 

Spoiler

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

hello

Spoiler

How's it going? Are you too busy making a giant paper trebuchet to post?

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

AAAAHHHH!!!! I'm back from the abyss!!! So sorry I fell off the face of the world there... but thankfully I climbed my way back finally!! Will be catching everything up in the next couple days here. 

Thank you everyone who stalked and kept posting on my thread when I didn't!!!! I lovis you all!!!!

TO BE CONTINUED!!!

• Like 4

AAAAHHHH!!!! I'm back from the abyss!!! So sorry I fell off the face of the world there... but thankfully I climbed my way back finally!! Will be catching everything up in the next couple days here. 

Thank you everyone who stalked and kept posting on my thread when I didn't!!!! I lovis you all!!!!

TO BE CONTINUED!!!

Still waiting...

tumblr_inline_n8plfa6b3j1qjo5dp.gif

• Like 1

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines