• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Kailer

The Scouts Will Avenge The Mini-Challenge

You blink, uncertain of your whereabouts. Waking has never been so disorienting, especially since the Serum. Normally, you jump straight out of bed with the energy of a million suns. This morning feels like a morning following 50,000 nights - and as you become aware of your body (so slowly aware... such a strange feeling) you realize your body also feels the weight of 50,000 nights. Your need for the 3S routine that comprises the morning of any active duty solider has never felt so intense - you may die if you don't get to shower, shave, and sh... well anyway, you could really use some hygiene time.

------------------------------------------------

We're all guilty of it. Between work, interests, family, and trying to stay fit, we might let an extra day slip by without a shower. Maybe some of us get forgetful on those simple little tasks like brushing, flossing, or deodorizing. Maybe we're good on the basics but would benefit from an extra five minutes of hair styling in the morning, or trimming the mustache and nose hairs regularly.

This week, pick one of these details and focus on doing it with the regularity you think you should, or just get it done this week if it's a "once in a while" thing you've been putting off. If it's personal and you'd rather not tell us what the thing you're forgetful of is, that's okay. Just tell us you're in and let us know if you were successful or not. Take stock of how long this thing actually took and remind yourself of it next time you procrastinate. (For instance, I sometimes leave for work without make up because I think it will make me late. I timed it - my normal make up takes about 3 minutes. That's not why I'm late!!)

---------------------------------------------------------

We need Emcees for this Challenge's Mini set! My challenge is based on a little snippet of a Captain America story - our mini's will all focus on an Avenger this go around. For the sake of ease I've chosen "movie" Avengers for the list below, but if you want to Emcee based on a "comics" Avenger, that's okay, just alter as needed in the list when you repost.

Copy/Paste the list below with your name beside the week you want into a new post :)

Week One: Captain America - Kailer

Week Two: Bruce Banner/The Hulk - [Your Name Here]

Week Three: Thor - [Your Name Here]

Week Four: Tony Stark/Iron Man - [Your Name Here]

Week Five: Hawkeye/Black Widow (dealer's choice) - [Your Name Here]

Week Six: Nick Fury/Agent Phil Coulson (yes, his first name is Phil) (dealer's choice) - [Your Name Here]

I commit myself to 3 FULL showers this week. I sometimes just wash hair, just wash body, just shave legs, etc - it's not satisfying. I will make time to do it right at least 3 times this week (so, basically, every other day.)

• Like 1

I will do 'real' flossing every day! I have braces and it's a pain in the ass. But, if I want good-looking teeth, this needs to happen more. So... hello floss!

Week Two: Bruce Banner/The Hulk - [Terinatum]

I'm committing to actually getting a haircut this week. It's been past due for a while now and I've been putting it off. No more, what kind of precedent does shaggy hair set for the First Avenger?

• Like 1

I'm committing to actually getting a haircut this week. It's been past due for a while now and I've been putting it off. No more, what kind of precedent does shaggy hair set for the First Avenger?

No precedent worth mentioning, solider. I can't abide by that hair ticking your ears!!

I will do 'real' flossing every day! I have braces and it's a pain in the ass. But, if I want good-looking teeth, this needs to happen more. So... hello floss!

Week Two: Bruce Banner/The Hulk - [Terinatum]

Awesome!! Here we are, then:

Week Two: Bruce Banner/The Hulk - Terinatum

Week Three: Thor - Shukar

Week Five: Hawkeye/Black Widow (dealer's choice) - [Your Name Here]

Week Six: Nick Fury/Agent Phil Coulson (yes, his first name is Phil) (dealer's choice) - [Your Name Here]

@Teros, I see you down there. It might be interesting to have an Adventurer Emcee, if you're interested :D :D

Kailer?  Teri?

Look at all these

Prrrromotions!

And raises...........?!

I got a 100% raise!! That's how I choose to see it.

I can tag my newbies, though.

c87526de3eedd2d90abc1decdd30a1ec.jpg

• Like 1

Hmm, I think I am borrowing Shu's idea. I am in desperate need of trimming the split ends.

Furthermore, I should really give some attention to the other dead proteins on my body: nails. The cuticles need some tender attention.

Also, if no one else wants to take a crack at mini-challenge writing, I could be persuaded to be your Hawkeye/Widow :P

Syren, you and the keratin have a date. You will win.

Week Two: Bruce Banner/The Hulk - Terinatum

Week Three: Thor - Shukar

Week Five: Hawkeye/Black Widow (dealer's choice) - Syren

This is shaping up!! I'd like to include some of the L2's in the last two weeks....

I sometimes (read: often) go to bed without brushing my teeth because I'm too tired, or it's too late, etc. So, I will commit to good dental hygiene this week! Once a day, I take a few minutes to make sure I brush thoroughly, floss, mouthwash/rinse with salt water, gargle, and wash my face after. Captain America has pearly whites, so I'll endeavor to have them, too!

• Like 1

Yay, the first challenge as a Scout.  Well, it just so happens I bought floss today.  So I will go with flossing every day.  I get in the bad habit of not flossing much.  Since California is in a bit of a drought, I won't say more showers ;)  I am usually good there anyway haha.

• Like 1

Okay I will floss daily.  My dentist is happy when folks do it once a week although he would prefer daily.  Plus I will take a minute or two to do my hair.  It looks fine when I brush it and even better if I take a minute to style it.  I feel better when it is styled.  So Style my hair in the morning and flossing in the evening.  Both are good ways to make sure I am taking a couple minutes for myself daily!

• Like 1

Brush my teeth every day.  I usually get busy and forget end up brushing every other day. Also, if possible I'll kick Noodle (cat) out while doing so.  He thinks teeth brushing is a game and tries to swat the brush out of my mouth. I've ended up spitting a mouthful of toothpaste on him more than once as he jumped in the sink while I'm going to spit. However, I have the better end of the deal as my brother says he tries to bat the razor out of his hands while he's shaving! 

• Like 1

Mine for the week is 10 pm bed time... NOT 10:30... NOT 10:15, NOT 10:05.. but be asleep by 10 pm....

(and trust me.. this is going to be a KILLER...

(of course was asleep by 10 pm last night.. so it's a good start)

• Like 1

Mine for the week is 10 pm bed time... NOT 10:30... NOT 10:15, NOT 10:05.. but be asleep by 10 pm....

(and trust me.. this is going to be a KILLER...

(of course was asleep by 10 pm last night.. so it's a good start)

Ha that is a good start. I should perhaps follow your lead. My sleep schedule is all screwy right now.

Oh man, I was locked out of NF for the weekend (I thought maybe it was the site but nope, I think there was something wonky happening w Firefox and scripts chez Anathema, since it's fine here at the office). So, I missed the end of Dodgeball and the beginning of this! But anyway . . .

I'll totally take Week 4/Tony Stark because I am, in fact, a smug yet irresistible playboy. If no one else has already grabbed it.

Also, for this week, my thing will be the delicate issue of body hair. I'm all for ladies being as furry as they want, but I actually don't *want* to be furry, I'm just a lady of Eastern European Jewish extraction, and my somewhat slackadaisical ways mean I too frequently end up wearing a pretty little sleeveless dress . . . and some oh-so-sassy 5 o'clock underarm shadow.

I actually bought an epilator thingy recommended by a friend and was super psyched about it . . . and it's been sitting unexplored for a month. Yeah, they're supposed to be fussy and ouchy, but that's not the issue. Not having to shave my legs for 6 weeks is ttoally worth a little discomfort. I'm just lazy. But for this challenge, the de-furring is no longer deferred!

• Like 2