• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Kailer

The Scouts Will Avenge The Mini-Challenge

An unassuming man walks into the classroom.

He goes directly over to the chalk board, turns his back, writes something on it, then turns to face the class.

"Hi, I'm agent Coulson. You can call me agent Coulson." He says in an upbeat but slightly monotone manor.

"Today you will learn how to be human-super."

A voice from the back of the room chides, "You don't have any super powers, how are you supposed to teach us that?"

In an unthreatening tone, agent Coulson replies, "If this were a class on how to create unduplicatable circumstances to produce seemingly impossible physical results then yes, I would be underqualified to, say, teach you to avoid electricity and open flame. But, Moth man, this is not a class about surpassing your human capabilities, instead it is about approaching it."

He steps aside and point to the chalkboard.

**Potential 101**

"Black widdow, the Punisher, Hawkeye, Lex Luthor, Batman; what do they all have in common?

They possess no super human powers. Instead they have approached their potential in order to become human-super. This is where these series of classes will bring those of you who finish.

The first tool we will learn will be emotional efficiency.

Strong emotions are great if you are a gamma infused rage beast, no offence Bruce, or if you have one single goal or purpose, but when you have many different tasks or aspects to your work, with verrying motivations, emotions can turn into friction, slowing you down each time you change gears.

We will start off small with two easy assignments : pick one thing that you already do, and do it with muted emotion. No strong feelings of guit, or glory, of passion or pessimism, just get it done because you are supposed to, then move on.

Second, find a visualization for yourself that will put you in the mindset of 'I'm going to work hard, but it won't be a big deal'. Mine is working along side Captain America, because he works tirelessly and selflesssly, and I will support him to my fullest capacity so that we can complete our mission and get back in time for him to sign my vintage collectors cards...

Oops. I got carried away again. Forget that last part.

The goal is to find something that is motivational without being distracting.

Your assignment is due by the end of the week, I expect a mission level debrief of how it went and what your visualization was.

Thank you, see you next class."

He turns and walks out, the class bell ringing just as he leaves the room

So for this week I want you to pick one thing (anything) and limit attaching strong emotions to it. No "I hate this!" and no "This is the best thing ever!" either. It should be along the lines of "I am doing this because this is what I do".

Then try to come up with a visualization or simple phrase to help you accomplish this.

Best of luck, I'll be monitoring your work...

maxresdefault.jpg

my task this week is dishes.

when I'm doing them I visualize myself as one of the Titans from Attack on Titan. The regular onse that have that happy go lucky / serial killer look.

BTW if it suits you guys better, you don't have to mute the emotion from your task, the important part of this challenge is to assign a phrase or visualization to help you get it done.

My task is going to be filing. I've got three months of stuff I just really don't want to do and I need to put that opposition away and do it already.

My task will be organizing my office. I can see myself emptying boxes and the things that are supposed to go in the office just getting shoved in there without rhyme or reason and calling it good, which would technically count towards my challenge goals but would leave me a bigger mess to contend with than if I just left everything in the boxes, so. Organizing/setting up my office without grumbling about it. That is my task for the week.

Unfortunately if I don't put emotion behind it, then it's not getting done - regardless of the emotion - but i think i can do one thing I attach loathing to. I just have to really give it a good think.

Studying. Mine is studying. I. Must. Work. To. Get. Better. Educationally!

Kind of like Dexter from Dexters Lab.

This message was convincingly brought to you by, "my imaginative brain" and my "nimble but bulbous fingers".

My task is sobriety. I do it without either saying "Oh I was such an awful person for drinking too much earlier in the Challenge" or "I am so awesome for not drinking." Not drinking is just a thing I do.

First challenge to this handled . . . my friend whom I call "Crazy Drunk Miranda" (not her real name) messaged me and asked if I wanted to get together this week--we try to have diner or something every month or so. And it usually involves wine or cocktails. I got back to her and said I'd love to see you, but just so you know not drinking right now, but happy to have a meal or a soda or something. She got back to me and said, how about a walk around the lake? That's an awesome idea--it's a nice 3-mile walk, and good for both of us. So, by taking a "not drinking is just a thing I'm doing" approach I didn't avoid my drinking buddy out of fear or something, and instead have a nice fitness date.

There are a lot of things I could do for this challenge, but since I'm leaving work early on Friday for the weekend, I need to work extra every day so that gives me much less free time.  I suppose the working extra could be the thing, but I'm having a very cranky week so I'm not so sure how to do that without emotion. 

don't worry if you can't do the emotional control part. I'd still like you to pick a visualization or word/phrase to help you get it done.

A few more days to go!

I keep visualizing myself on the plane tomorrow not worrying about work, does that count?

Oh man, I shouldn't have said my visualization, I didn't know it worked like birthday candle wishes.....I just got more work to do.  I won't be work free on the airplane or anytime there's downtime this weekend.  So much for that visualization.  I'll find a new one, and I won't be telling you guys, because apparently that means it won't come true.

Hum...I was going to chose dishes, but I won't be home until Sunday night or Monday. So, OH, I'll get my biz records up-to-date. It's just one of the things that has to happen. There's little need for emotional outbursts.

Visualize something to help me get 'er done? I will have to think on that more.

Thanks, Phy!

So...since I have to work this weekend anyway, I figured I should get one of those extra things done that I mentioned in my first post on this topic.  Since someone plans to stop by my office, I decided it would be office cleaning.  The whole time I kept telling myself that I wanted it to be clean for visitors.  Now it's clean and it's definitely an improvement for myself as well. 

I got the dishes done (which took two rounds for the backlog and an additional round for the stuff that got dirtied again), then cleaned the living room and kitchen including deconstructing the cardboard and picking up stuff that missed the trash bins then put away all the laundry. My partner helped with the floors. I was tidying to prepare for vacuuming, but he took care of the vacuuming instead so I could focus on the laundry.

Then this afternoon, I cleaned the kitchen counter and area by the stovetops until it gleamed. The bathroom might happen next, but it's not actually very dirty so it doesn't really need it.

I was visualizing the lovely, tidy apartment that would suddenly appear after this work.

Is it okay if at the last minute I changed my task from cleaning my office to doing my laundry? ;;;;;;; Because that needs to happen today too like bad, or else I'm wearing fancy clothes to work this week. :lol:

So, me and my friend—after so much deliberation—have finally formed a schedule and also have formed a reward and punishment system for it! All in all, GREAT MINI!

This message was convincingly brought to you by,"my imaginative brain", co-produced by "my nimble but bulbous fingers".

If you're talking about Black Widow, then the reward was +1 DEX

I meant the Agent Coulson one. I didn't notice how much the reward for that one was.

Oh I forgot to assign an attribute to it. I would think* that it would be +1 Wis because the visualization part is a mental exercise.

*pun intended

• Like 1

Oh I forgot to assign an attribute to it. I would think* that it would be +1 Wis because the visualization part is a mental exercise.

*pun intended

Thanks!