AlwaysReading is ready to start moving!

Introduction:  Hi I am Sara and this is my first challenge.  I'm currently in my clinical year of PA school and my schedule is very full. I've not been doing a great job of taking care of my health and that needs to change!

Main Quest:  Be able to run a 5K by December 6th. (I've already registered for the race.)

Quest 1: Do some form of exercise EVERY day. (7 MWC app at the very least)

Measurement: A = 40/42 days, B = 35/42 days C = 30/42 days

Quest 2: Drink at least one full water bottle a day.

Measurement: A = 40/42 days, B = 35/42 days, C = 30/42 days

Quest 3: Eat at least 2 fruits/veggies a day.

Measurement: A = 40/42 days; B = 35/42 days C = 30/42 days

I don't really understand the rewards, so I'll worry about those later.

Motivation:  I tell patients on a daily basis that they need to exercise and eat healthier. I feel like a complete hypocrite when I'm not following the rules I'm giving them and that needs to change immediately! Also, heart disease and diabetes affect most of my family members and I don't want either of them!

• Like 4

Level 1 Newbie

Current Challenge

Welcome to the rebellion!

Great challenge! The role playing stats don't come into play till after you complete week three.

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/33333-real-life-role-playing-creating-your-character/

We are here to help so if you need anything let me know!

Check out the accountabuddies groups to see if anything interest you for help and support!

If you like the Matrix movies I created one

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/53850-level-1s-take-the-red-pill/

• Like 2

Level 36 Ranger Sorcerer 

Current challenge 

Motivation:  I tell patients on a daily basis that they need to exercise and eat healthier. I feel like a complete hypocrite when I'm not following the rules I'm giving them and that needs to change immediately! Also, heart disease and diabetes affect most of my family members and I don't want either of them!

Hi AlwaysReading!

I have high blood pressure and diabetes in my family. So far, I think I am managing to avoid the high blood pressure trap, but I was recently diagnosed as pre-diabetic. This challenge is my answer to the doctor: No, I will not be taking your pills for the rest of my life!

We can do this!

• Like 1

YandaPanda Level 0 Wood Elf Druid - Challenge #1

STR 0 -- DEX 0 -- STA 0 -- CON 0 -- WIS 0 -- CHA 0

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

29 pound weight loss challenge: Commenced!

37.9%
37.9%

10 week YAGOG workout: 6/44

15.9%
15.9%

Hi AlwaysReading!

I have high blood pressure and diabetes in my family. So far, I think I am managing to avoid the high blood pressure trap, but I was recently diagnosed as pre-diabetic. This challenge is my answer to the doctor: No, I will not be taking your pills for the rest of my life!

We can do this!

I love that your doctor caught you at the pre-diabetic stage. It's still early enough that you can prevent becoming diabetic (and having to take those pills)!

• Like 2

Level 1 Newbie

Current Challenge

A 5k is a great goal!  I'd love to run one, but running is so hard for me... I love it, but it doesn't love me!

Good luck with your goals!! :D

• Like 1

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 56 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

It's a great thing to want to set an example for others to follow.  It also shows your natural aptitude for leadership :)

You might notice that i've added a Scouts' tag to your thread.  This isn't to pigeonhole you into particular guild, but rather to bring one of their ambassadors here to offer you encouragement, support or advice.  Your goals this challenge fit well with the overall spirit of their guild and you are more than welcome to pop into their Tavern and introduce yourself to them.  You are also more than welcome to pop me a message anytime. 

Good Luck

AB xx

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

I love your username. :smile-new:

Your first goal seems a little unspecific to me. Have you decided on your workouts yet? (Probably it's just me not getting the acronym. What does 7 MWC app mean?)

Good luck with your challenge!

Warg

Level 1 Lycan Assassin

STR 4 | STA 2 | DEX 0 | CON 1 | WIS 0 | CHA 0

Current Challenge

"If you don't know what you want, you end up with a lot you don't" - Chuck Palahniuk

100 pushups

25%
25%

200 squats

30.5%
30.5%

Hey alwaysreading! I like that you've already signed up to achieve your main quest - that way you know exactly where you're aiming for and when :) And being able to set a good example for the people you will be helping in the future is brilliant. 

How are you starting off your running training? Have you got a training scheme in mind, or are you going to coach yourself through it? (I only ask because you mentioned an exercise app, and I found running apps C25k and zombies!run were very helpful as motivation).

Good luck, and let's help you run your 5k (also, fingers crossed the weather is nice to you on the day!)

Level 0 Human Adventurer

I love your username. :smile-new:

Your first goal seems a little unspecific to me. Have you decided on your workouts yet? (Probably it's just me not getting the acronym. What does 7 MWC app mean?)

Hey alwaysreading! I like that you've already signed up to achieve your main quest - that way you know exactly where you're aiming for and when :) And being able to set a good example for the people you will be helping in the future is brilliant. 

How are you starting off your running training? Have you got a training scheme in mind, or are you going to coach yourself through it? (I only ask because you mentioned an exercise app, and I found running apps C25k and zombies!run were very helpful as motivation).

Good luck, and let's help you run your 5k (also, fingers crossed the weather is nice to you on the day!)

I also have the C25k and zombies run, but I found that I'm really bad at doing training plans on my own. I joined a local training group with three of my classmates, so hopefully that will keep me motivated. The four of us are beginners and will train together and there are seven of us doing the race together. It doesn't start until October 6th though, so I have two weeks of just making sure I get some sort of workout in on my own. My current clinical rotation is 7am-5:30pm with an hour commute each way, plus study time at night, so I have very little free time. Luckily my schedule will lighten up after this week.

7MWC is a 7 minute workout circuit using high intensity interval training. I really like the app and I can always make time for 7 minutes. Ideally I'd be doing 4 of the 7 minute circuits at once, but something is better than nothing.

I love that everyone on this site is so welcoming and helpful!

• Like 1

Level 1 Newbie

Current Challenge

Hi alwaysreading, fellow red pill popping in to cheer you on. I love the name and really wish I could always be reading :D. I'm super impressed that you've already signed up for a race, it's great motivation to keep you going!

My only question, what is your definition of "water bottle". I normally carry around a 1 liter camelbak bottle and *try* to drink 2-3 a day. 

Assassin

Battle Log | MFP: Amdhiel
Challenges: Current#7#6, #5, #4,
#3, #2, #1

"Why do we fall sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up." Alfred - Batman Begins

Hi alwaysreading, fellow red pill popping in to cheer you on. I love the name and really wish I could always be reading :D. I'm super impressed that you've already signed up for a race, it's great motivation to keep you going!

My only question, what is your definition of "water bottle". I normally carry around a 1 liter camelbak bottle and *try* to drink 2-3 a day. 

My water bottle is only 750ml and I know I should be drinking 2-3 of those a day, but since I've recently had trouble finishing one a day I didn't want to set my goals too high.

• Like 1

Level 1 Newbie

Current Challenge

My water bottle is only 750ml and I know I should be drinking 2-3 of those a day, but since I've recently had trouble finishing one a day I didn't want to set my goals too high.

Makes sense to me, just thought I'd ask :D. Somedays I do really well with water, other days are complete fail. I try to use the water tracking thing in MFP when I remember.

Assassin

Battle Log | MFP: Amdhiel
Challenges: Current#7#6, #5, #4,
#3, #2, #1

"Why do we fall sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up." Alfred - Batman Begins

7MWC is a 7 minute workout circuit using high intensity interval training. I really like the app and I can always make time for 7 minutes. Ideally I'd be doing 4 of the 7 minute circuits at once, but something is better than nothing.

I love that everyone on this site is so welcoming and helpful!

Hi! I was reading through, and you've got my attention with 7MWC. How high is the intensity on it? I may check it out later on.

balesom

Race: Gray Elf | Class: Assassin

Level 2 | Str: 1 / Dex: 2 / Sta: 2 / Con: 2 / Wis: 2 / Cha: 2

Current Challenge: None.

Past Challenges: #1 #2

PVP Challenges: No Soda (started 10/30/14 | restarted 3/8/16)

Main Quest: Lose 21.5 pounds (Start: 281.5 | Current: 276.5 | Goal: 260)

On Hiatus... sorry.

No Soda Challenge: 365 days | Total: 493 days (October 30, 2014 - March 7, 2016)

Ended due to stomach flu, drank 7up to settle stomach (and it didn't work!).

100%
100%

Hi! I was reading through, and you've got my attention with 7MWC. How high is the intensity on it? I may check it out later on.

I think the intensity depends on how fast you go. It's 30 seconds of an exercise (jumping jacks, push ups, squats, etc) followed by 10 seconds of rest (basically just enough time to transition to the next exercise). 

Level 1 Newbie

Current Challenge

Day 1 was a success!

Quest 1: Do some form of exercise EVERY day. (7 MWC app at the very least)

Measurement: A = 40/42 days, B = 35/42 days C = 30/42 days

(1/42) 20 minute walk with the dog plus a mile on the treadmill.

Quest 2: Drink at least one full water bottle a day.

Measurement: A = 40/42 days, B = 35/42 days, C = 30/42 days

(1/42) Didn't do any extra, but at least I finished it!

Quest 3: Eat at least 2 fruits/veggies a day.

Measurement: A = 40/42 days; B = 35/42 days C = 30/42 days

(1/42) Had baked tomato and zucchini at lunch, a banana for an afternoon snack, and a side salad of tomatoes, corn, and avocado with dinner. 

• Like 2

Level 1 Newbie

Current Challenge

I think the intensity depends on how fast you go. It's 30 seconds of an exercise (jumping jacks, push ups, squats, etc) followed by 10 seconds of rest (basically just enough time to transition to the next exercise). 

Oh, okay. I'm definitely checking it out soon, then. Thank you!

balesom

Race: Gray Elf | Class: Assassin

Level 2 | Str: 1 / Dex: 2 / Sta: 2 / Con: 2 / Wis: 2 / Cha: 2

Current Challenge: None.

Past Challenges: #1 #2

PVP Challenges: No Soda (started 10/30/14 | restarted 3/8/16)

Main Quest: Lose 21.5 pounds (Start: 281.5 | Current: 276.5 | Goal: 260)

On Hiatus... sorry.

No Soda Challenge: 365 days | Total: 493 days (October 30, 2014 - March 7, 2016)

Ended due to stomach flu, drank 7up to settle stomach (and it didn't work!).

100%
100%

Hey alwaysreading, followed over here from the redpill group and looks like you've got a great challenge set up! Your goals are really good, like perfect examples of setting "SMART" goals!

Good luck with the training, doing a bunch of intervals can be crazy intense if you push hard! :D

Cyborg Assassin ≡ Level 2 ][ STR 7.8 â‰¡ DEX 1.8 â‰¡ STA 5.8 â‰¡ CON 2 â‰¡ WIS 4 â‰¡ CHA 3 ]

|  Challenges: 1  |  YAYOG PvP  |

Reduce bodyfat to 10%

35%
35%

YAYOG basic program - 10 Weeks

84%
84%

Had to check out this thread because of your username :) Your goals look great and well done on your first day!

• Like 1

Questionable Hobbitʉۢ Level 0ʉۢ Aspiring Warrior

STR 0 â€¢ DEX 0 â€¢ STA 0 â€¢ CON 0 â€¢ WIS 0 • CHA 00

Challenge Log: Puddletheduck stops waddling and starts bouncing (flying will come later)0

"Life's too short to be fat and miserable."

If you need some extra motivation to eat better, check out this documentary on the food industry called "Fed Up."

MAIN QUEST: LOSE 50 LBS (STARTING WEIGHT 280 LBS)

2%
2%

CURRENT WEIGHT: 279 LB

START DATE: 9/15/14

LEVEL 1 MANDALORIAN RANGER

[ STR 2.0 | DEX 0.5 | STA 2.0 | CON 0.5 | WIS 3.0 | CHA 2.0 ]

1 | CURRENT CHALLENGE 

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom."

― Victor Frankl

I also have the C25k and zombies run, but I found that I'm really bad at doing training plans on my own.

It's weird, as I've always found myself to be the opposite - it's about the only time I'm able to just get away from everything, so I quite like going solo. That said, I do find that going to the gym with a group is a lot easier! 

Good job for the first day: drinking enough water is weird - as Amdhiel said, some days it's so easy and other days just impossible! Are you carrying your water bottle with you, or leaving it somewhere for pit stops?

Level 0 Human Adventurer

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines