Elsfaire prepares for the Top Secret Mission

elsfaire

3) Unstoppable Action 6/6

It was not planned, intentional, or even something I was conscious of having put off, but I am counting really connecting with my sister. We had deeper, more authentic conversations today than we ever have. Ever. That alone was worth the trip.

This makes me so happy to read!

Tapatalk has no idea what I'm doing.

• Like 1

Level 4 Half-Elf Assassin

(that dabbles with the scouts)

Tumblr | Blog | Epic quest

"There is no such thing as perfection. The world itself is imperfect; that's what makes it so beautiful."

It was not planned, intentional, or even something I was conscious of having put off, but I am counting really connecting with my sister. We had deeper, more authentic conversations today than we ever have. Ever. That alone was worth the trip.

That's amazing to read, and especially after you've been feeling that your thoughts are negative. But really, as you've said, you've been made to think a lot about yourself and your family relationships, and to become so much closer to your sister is a wonderfully positive thing!

Enjoy the rest of the trip, and all the new insights it brings you.

• Like 1

level 2 Hobbit. Assassin-in-training

STR 3|DEX 2|STA 3|CON 1|WIS 3|CHA 1

Current Challenge: There and back again

Previous Challenges 1 2

"I am looking for someone to share in an adventure that I am arranging, and it's very difficult to find anyone." Gandalf the Grey

Ok, time to catch up. The first couple of weekdays are always crazy, so I have just come to accept that I do this every week. :)

Week 1 Summary

Overall: Total AMAZING AWESOMENESS (ok, I feel really cheesy saying that, but the results were fantastic)

1) Physical Fitness: BWW: 2/2 Aerobic: 5/2 Long Yoga: 2/2
Over 100% (I would say "I am the Dragon" by my Challenge 3 way of grading)

2) Mental Strength: Positive Questions: 7/7 >3-min Meditation: 6/7 Positivity Challenge: currently at the beginning
93% (Remember the positivity Challenge is bonus)

100% Wahoo! This is on a roll.

Life Quest: The Top Secret Mission 20%
This is the only thing that did not make progress this week, but I thought that it might not because of my trip.

Week 1 Highlights:

- I decided that I am ready to try the Intermediate yoga "classes" in my app.

- I walked a LOT and my feet and ankles did not really get sore.

- Reconnecting with lots of people makes me happy. :)

Things to Improve Week 2

- Figure out why my BWW seem SO exhausting and difficult. I suspect it has to do with needing more sleep and a bit more carbs.

- Make progress on the TSM.

Week 2, Days1-3 Agent Report

1) Physical Fitness: BWW: 1/2 Aerobic: 0/2 Long Yoga: 0/2
Monday was an expected recovery day, but I missed my workout yesterday due to timing. I did a BWW today (Wed), but was *SO* tired (it took me forever to do the workout because of all the breaks), that I decided to catch up on aerobic with yoga tomorrow.

2) Mental Strength: Positive Questions: 3/7 >3-min Meditation: 2/7 Positivity Challenge: 0/7
Been doing well with the positive questions. Meditation was easy on Monday (plane ride is a great time), and yesterday I meditated mid-day for a break. I fell asleep, but I was awake for more than 3 minutes of it, so it counts. :playful: Hoping to do some meditation tonight before falling asleep, too.

I did fine for the Positivity Challenge on Monday and Tuesday, but today I did not keep my composure when frustrating events started coming up.

3) Unstoppable Action 2/6
Monday - Totally forgot. Oops.

Tuesday - Cleaned out my spice/tea/small baking supplies/medicinal herb & homeopathics cabinet. Threw away some old spices and tinctures that were expired over 2 years. Yeah, I have been putting that off. It is much better now, and I was able to fit all the new spices I bought in the cabinet or spice drawer.

Wednesday- Did over an hour's worth of business accounting that I have been putting off since July.

Life Quest: The Top Secret Mission 20%
Nothing new completed today. Planning to do some tomorrow while Hubby is gone at events most of the day.

Feeling good. Need to get to sleep early tonight, though.

• Like 5

Week 1 seems like... perfection!! Good job, keep on!

• Like 1

The Wolverine - Level 5 // BER  6.5 // HEA  4 // STR  4.4 // STA  3 // DEX  4 // CON  4 // WIS  4.75 // CHA  1

He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty.

Adventures don't start until you get into the forest.

Good job :).

I love spices in my food, so I always have two racks full of spices on the opposite wall from my stove. Most of my food contains some sort of spices or herbs, some food uses 5 or more kinds ;). Also, tea is awesome :). It has a lot of taste and contains no calories. And in herbal "tea" there is usually no caffein in. I think I drink 1-2.5 litres of tea a day :).

• Like 1

Yay for an awesome week 1!!

Your unstoppable action this week sounds pretty impressive to me, too! :)

I agree with all those people who are saying about not being psychic.  I did a 'defeat the shadows' challenge last year where I wrote down a lot of thoughts/beliefs that seemed to be holding me back, and many of them came down to me guessing/assuming what people were thinking about me, and probably wrongly so!  It was good to question these faulty beliefs and become more positive :)

• Like 1

Eirlys - Long Time Wood Fairy Druid

Current Challenge: S4 (Sleep, Sugar, Spending, Son)

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

-- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Done is better than perfect

-- Facebook

Good job :).

I love spices in my food, so I always have two racks full of spices on the opposite wall from my stove. Most of my food contains some sort of spices or herbs, some food uses 5 or more kinds ;). Also, tea is awesome :). It has a lot of taste and contains no calories. And in herbal "tea" there is usually no caffein in. I think I drink 1-2.5 litres of tea a day :).

I have so many different kinds of tea it is funny. When I was in NYC, I bought another flavor of loose tea. There was a street vendor with a huge variety of teas, and Some interesting flavors. I bought a Pina Colada tea, and it is SO GOOD! :)

I have to limit myself to herbal teas, as any caffeine at all makes my girly cyst act up. :/

It sounds like our kitchen supplies and cooking styles are similar, Waanie. :)

Yay for an awesome week 1!!

Your unstoppable action this week sounds pretty impressive to me, too! :)

I agree with all those people who are saying about not being psychic. I did a 'defeat the shadows' challenge last year where I wrote down a lot of thoughts/beliefs that seemed to be holding me back, and many of them came down to me guessing/assuming what people were thinking about me, and probably wrongly so! It was good to question these faulty beliefs and become more positive :)

Yes, I do about the same thing! I think that is why one of the things I now do that seems to be the most helpful is 'translations' - coming up with some other explanation for why someone said or did something I am reacting to (or actions taken by my family). It has been a real eye-opener at times. :)

Week 2, Days 4-7 Agent Report & Week 2 Summary

I am having a very hard time lately with signing on to post my updates. I just need to get over thinking I need to do it on my computer, and post them from my phone instead. :nonchalance:

1) Physical Fitness: BWW: 2/2 Aerobic: 2/2 Long Yoga: 1/2       This week: 83%    Challenge Average: 92%
I never did end up doubling up on workouts, so I missed 1 this week. Not too bad, but not what I had hoped.

2) Mental Strength: Positive Questions: 7/7 >3-min Meditation: 6/7 Positivity Challenge: 0/7     This week: 93%    Challenge Average: 93%
Positive Questions are going well at least once a day. I have a pretty good habit going of asking myself the positive questions between attempts at waking the kids up, and before going to sleep. Even if I miss one, I get the other one. I would like to do it more often during the day, but this is good.

I think I missed 1 day of meditating, but I did not track well so I am not certain.

Positivity Challenge is needing a lot of restarts. Good thing it is bonus. :rolleyes-new:

3) Unstoppable Action 5/6                This week: 83%    Challenge Average: 92%
Thursday: None.

Friday:     Washed a bunch of dishes I had been putting off, especially the big pasta pot that is such a pain to wash.

Saturday: Bought some additional workout clothes so I have more than 1 outfit I feel good wearing for workouts.

Sunday:   Trimmed and transplanted some of the Creeping Jenny in our front yard that has needed attention since early summer.

Life Quest: The Top Secret Mission 21%
All I did in week 2 was buy a specialized accessory for agent use while on the TSM. I am starting to freak a bit... Finding time is proving very difficult. :nightmare:

Mini-Challenge:

Did fine with the meditation. Completely forgot about the animal flows until the weekend, and then my weekend was full, so I missed it. :numbness:

• Like 7

Week 2, Days 4-7 Agent Report & Week 2 Summary

I am having a very hard time lately with signing on to post my updates. I just need to get over thinking I need to do it on my computer, and post them from my phone instead. :nonchalance:

I hear that! Where does the time go?

Keep it up. Week 3 already!

• Like 1

Time is a crazy thing. There is never enough to do the necessary things, let alone ALL THE THINGS I want to do.

Week 3, Day 1 Agent Report

Making it quick so I do not get behind. :)

1) Physical Fitness: BWW: 0/2 Aerobic: 0/2 Long Yoga: 0/2  

Monday is my planned recovery day, so this is ok.    

2) Mental Strength: Positive Questions: 1/7 >3-min Meditation: 1/7 Positivity Challenge: 0/7    

I really like the positive questions. I feel like I am starting to appreciate myself more. When I was in a bad mood at one point, I still felt good about my ability to handle the frustrations, which is different than how I usually feel. :)

3) Unstoppable Action 1/6               

I went online and downloaded and printed the name change acceptance letter that I need to bring to the City to change my business license and to the bank to change the name on my business account. this is good, because those changes are, ummmm, a bit overdue.

Life Quest: The Top Secret Mission 21%
Still nothing. Ugh. Though I am starting to think about how I will get hubby to not find out too much or ask questions when business slows down in a couple of weeks. I must keep him busy by giving him creative projects to edit! :tongue:

Mini-Challenge:

Not yet posted for Monday.

• Like 1

They say thinking more positively is bound to get you to stay more positive as well. Maybe there really is a point in that. :) Either way, accepting yourself more is absolutely fantastic!

Tapatalk has no idea what I'm doing.

• Like 2

Level 4 Half-Elf Assassin

(that dabbles with the scouts)

Tumblr | Blog | Epic quest

"There is no such thing as perfection. The world itself is imperfect; that's what makes it so beautiful."

ooh, that forms and city work for your unstoppable action is HUGE. that stuff is so hard! don't ask me how long it took me to roll over my 401(k) from my very first job. OK, I'll tell you. it was, like, 15 years.

• Like 1

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

Week 3, Days 2-5 Agent Report

Making it quick so I do not get behind. :) (Why do I feel like I am in edge of Tomorrow?)

1) Physical Fitness: BWW: 1/2 Aerobic: 1/2 Long Yoga: 1/2  

Tuesday - missed

Wednesday - worked in enough yoga at night that I am counting it

Thursday - Did 1 circuit of BW training, then - surprise!- had to leave to pick up my oldest. Walked laps in the cul-de-sac for over an hour after getting back while on the phone with a friend. Not the kind of aerobic I prefer, but I am counting it because of how tired I have been.

2) Mental Strength: Positive Questions: 5/7 >3-min Meditation: 5/7 Positivity Challenge: 0/7    

Positive questions are great. I can use them when I get into a bad mood to get out of it. They are kind of my go-to thing to do now when I am bored while driving or some other place that I can't surf the 'net on my phone or do something else productive.

Lots of meditation this week, but mostly when I am trying to get some rest in the middle of the day because I am not functioning well.

I am not sure how the Positivity Challenge is going. I notice the days that I do break it, but I am not sure that I am noticing the days when I am meeting the challenge. I need to pay more attention.

3) Unstoppable Action 4/6               

Tuesday - Changed the schedule on my website so the classes make sense to people

Wednesday - nothing. It was a full day helping staff one of my husband's events (Mini-Golf Food Drive for over 200 people)

Thursday - Brought the name change form printed earlier in the week to the business license office and bank.

Friday - Registered my husband's company for a federal employer thing and filled out some vendor forms. I find it tedious, so I had been procrastinating.

Life Quest: The Top Secret Mission 24%
Found the type of natal refreshment I will be ordering, and the preparer of said refreshment. Also completed compensation for more of the mission tasks.

Mini-Challenge:

I can't remember what day, but I made a pizza-like meal for myself. I still need to post the pic, though.

• Like 3

You're doing so well :). I love it that your positivity questions work for you :).

Walking for an hour definitely counts as aerobic exercise. Especially when you're not used to walking a lot and if you keep a decent tempo, it can really get you sweating, gets your heart rate up and is still quite low impact. There is a reason that it is advised to most people who want to start exercising ;).

• Like 2

Good job on the Unstoppable Action - doing all those tedious admin chores is a Big Win!! :)

Glad to see some movement on the Top Secret Mission again too :)

• Like 1

Eirlys - Long Time Wood Fairy Druid

Current Challenge: S4 (Sleep, Sugar, Spending, Son)

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

-- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Done is better than perfect

-- Facebook

you're doing so great!

I am not sure how the Positivity Challenge is going. I notice the days that I do break it, but I am not sure that I am noticing the days when I am meeting the challenge. I need to pay more attention.

Hey, I think this observation is a positivity level-up. it's so easy to be stuck in only noticing the negative stuff, and not the positive stuff - and to NOTICE that you are noticing like this: I call level-up.

• Like 1

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines