Elsfaire prepares for the Top Secret Mission

elsfaire

Thanks, everyone! I wish the rest of the week had gone as well...

Natal refreshment?

Secret agents speak in code, though that is really just some vague synonyms. I can make it easy for you and say gateau de anniversaire, though. ;)

• Like 1

Week 3, Days 6-7 Agent Report & Week 3 Summary

Can I clone myself, and give the clone all of the tedious work that is getting in my way? ;)

1) Physical Fitness: BWW: 1/2 Aerobic: 1/2 Long Yoga: 1/2       This week: 50%    Challenge Average: 78%
Yeah, um, I did not really do anything Saturday or Sunday. I was "active" moving around the house to shoot nerf crossbow darts at some friends, but I did not get anywhere near a workout. This brought my average for the challenge WAAAY down. :/

2) Mental Strength: Positive Questions: 7/7 >3-min Meditation: 5/7 Positivity Challenge: 0/7     This week: 85%    Challenge Average: 90%
Positive Questions are still going well, though over the weekend I did have to force myself to start repeatedly a few times before I could get through a set (that, "there isn't anything to be grateful for" feeling).

I know I missed 1 day of meditating, but my tracker app says I only did it 5 days, so I guess I missed 2.

Positivity Challenge is needing a lot of restarts. Good thing it is bonus. :rolleyes-new:

3) Unstoppable Action 6/6                This week: 100%    Challenge Average: 94.6%

Saturday: I can't remember what I did, but I marked it in my tracker, so I know I did something.

Sunday:   Accomplished 2 of the things that had prompted me to set this as a challenge goal: fixing the drain on my bathroom sink, and cleaning (at least partially) my son's aquarium. It has only been a year with the aquarium...

Life Quest: The Top Secret Mission 24%
I am starting to make progress here, though I only completed a couple of items on the list. I am doing a lot of research, so at some point I should be able to complete a bunch of things fairly quickly.

Mini-Challenge:

Made myself a pizza-ish dish early in the week, but still have not posted the picture... does that count?

• Like 2

Week 4, Day 1 Agent Report

Geek gaming night again - yay!

1) Physical Fitness: BWW: 0/2 Aerobic: 0/2 Long Yoga: 0/2  

Monday is my planned recovery day, so this is ok.    

2) Mental Strength: Positive Questions: 1/7 >3-min Meditation: 1/7 Positivity Challenge: 0/7    

Had a major negativity storm on Monday. Not good. It took me awhile, but I am recovered now. I think I am learning more about what triggers it so badly, though, which is a good thing.

3) Unstoppable Action 0/6               

Nope. I felt like I was just completing tedious tasks all day long, but I had not been procrastinating any of them, so no points.

Mondays are always busy. No progress expected this day.

Mini-Challenge:

Not yet this week.

• Like 2

I'm jelly.

giphy.gif

If you did not live so far away you could join us sometime... :boxing:

You still can, I am just not sure you want to tackle that kind of drive. ;)

• Like 1

So much action is taking place in your life :).

Having nerf-gun fights counts as cardio, especially if you're exhausted from all walking and running afterwards ;). You said you live on a hill, so walking around is not the easiest thing to do.

I think you're doing great, even though you can't complete all your goals at the moment. Just keep trying :).

• Like 1

Week 4, Days 2-3 Agent Report

Ha! More on track this week. :)

1) Physical Fitness: BWW: 1/2 Aerobic: 0/2 Long Yoga: 1/2  

Tuesday - Did over 30 min of yoga while watching FaceOff with hubby.

Wednesday - Squeezed in 2 circuits of BBWW (10 explosive squats, 10 push-ups, 20 walking lunges, 2 chinup negatives & 2 pullup negatives & 2 neutral grip pullup negatives, 10 v-ups & 15 back exercises, 30 jumping jacks)

2) Mental Strength: Positive Questions: 3/7 >3-min Meditation: 2 (3?)/7 Positivity Challenge: 0/7    

I *almost* had a day of the Positivity Challenge accomplished today. Then a topic of conversation came up that always makes me angry (why none of my business ideas ever move forward or become anything more than plans on paper and pipe dreams). Ans, I was done. Pissed. Royally. I recovered, but it was definitely longer than a minute or 2.

3) Unstoppable Action 1/6               

I am behind on this this week because of busy-ness. This morning, I did do something I had been procrastinating. We have some insulated travel mugs that the kids use for their lunch beverages, but the gaskets have gotten all stretched out, one lid broke (my eldest dropped it at drumline practice), and they have some mold on the gasket plastic. I FINALLY contacted the company today to see if I could get replacements. I can't. They won't sell me new lids or gaskets. So, I did not get the result I wanted, but I DID put forth the effort, so I get points.

I had a discussion with my young agents to remind them that educational assignments need to be caught up and high quality to help qualify them for the mission. Not really a checked-off to-do, but necessary.

Mini-Challenge:

Did 2 rounds of BBWW this morning, which included 30x2 jumping jacks and 10 x 2 pushups (though I do have to take a couple of rests during my pushup sets)

• Like 1

So much action is taking place in your life :).

Having nerf-gun fights counts as cardio, especially if you're exhausted from all walking and running afterwards ;). You said you live on a hill, so walking around is not the easiest thing to do.

I think you're doing great, even though you can't complete all your goals at the moment. Just keep trying :).

This particular crossbow fight was more hiding than dodging and running, which is why I am not counting it as cardio. Lasertag is usually a lot more running because the space is bigger. We played the crossbow fight in the house, and had 12 people participating by the time we stopped. There was not much room for running. :)

Thanks for the encouragement! One of the things I like about the challenges and these forums is that it forces me to write down what I am doing, which is usually a lot more/better than I think it is. :)

A nerf crossbow war sounds like a very fun and awesome way to be active! You are doing great on the positivity, really paying attention and learning how to grow.

• Like 1

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 11   Charisma 14   Strength 18  Constitution-13

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Week 4, Days 4-5 Agent Report

A couple of intense days...

1) Physical Fitness: BWW: 1/2 Aerobic: 1/2 Long Yoga: 1/2  

Thursday - No real workouts. Did spend over 5 hours shopping for an event, though.

Friday - Got up early and went to help staff an event, and ended up running some items across the field periodically. Did intervals on the stationary bike after I took a nap.

2) Mental Strength: Positive Questions: 5/7 >3-min Meditation: 4/7 Positivity Challenge: 0/7    

Ended up having a deep, authentic conversation with hubby Wednesday night, so the past 2 days have been better. Still get mired in negativity sometimes, but it is better.

3) Unstoppable Action 2/6               

Thursday - bought the kids new bath towels so they are not always using the ancient ripped-up ones.

Friday - See TSM :)

Life Quest: The Top Secret Mission 25%
I snuck in some reconnaissance on the way home from the event. Trying to choose a location for part A of the mission.

Mini-Challenge:

• Like 3

Five hours of shopping should easily count as a workout. And good to hear you had a good talk. It's astounding how much talking can relieve both oneself and the other. :)

• Like 1

Level 4 Half-Elf Assassin

(that dabbles with the scouts)

Tumblr | Blog | Epic quest

"There is no such thing as perfection. The world itself is imperfect; that's what makes it so beautiful."

I am intrigued by the TSM .... so hard to wait!!!

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Current Challenge: Coming soon .....

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

I am intrigued by the TSM .... so hard to wait!!!

Muahahaha!

Really, though, I am having a hard time waiting to reveal it. I can tell you that there are 2 parts. More (but not too much) will come with tonight's update. :)

• Like 4

Glad you got to have a good talk. And new bath towels! Luckiest kids ever.

Sent from my iPhone while riding a unicorn through the cosmos.

• Like 1

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

Week 4, Days 6-7 Agent Report & Week 4 Summary

It was a good weekend, but not the best for my challenge. We spent more time relaxing and spending time together than usual, and went to a huge haunted house (Netherworld) with some friends on Saturday night. Good weekend, but not great challenge progress.

1) Physical Fitness: BWW: 1/2 Aerobic: 1/2 Long Yoga: 2/2                      This week: 66%    Challenge Average: 75%

Saturday- Did yoga outside while waiting for friends to come out of the gorier part of the haunted house

Sunday - Uh, well....

2) Mental Strength: Positive Questions: 6/7 >3-min Meditation: 5/7 Positivity Challenge: 0/7    This week: 79%    Challenge Average: 87%

Did not meditate both days unless you count relaxing.

I feel like I am getting closer to the positivity challenge. Not engaging negative thoughts for longer than a minute or so is hard (so hard!), but I do feel like they are coming up less often, and going away more quickly on the whole.

3) Unstoppable Action 5/6               This week: 83%    Challenge Average: 92%

Saturday - Made my decision and returned the unwanted items from StitchFix (I put it off to the last minute. Ugh)

Sunday - Cleaned my office and filed my 10-inch high "inbox."

Life Quest: The Top Secret Mission 28%
Made noticeable progress over the weekend:

Recruited other agents to help with part A of the TSM

Finalized some more location & activity arrangements for part B

Mini-Challenge:

Not so much

Thoughts about week 4

Definitely not my best week. There were a lot of unusual time demands because of the big event on Friday, and having 3 late nights made the weekend mostly about recovery. I feel good that I did what needed to be done, however I am feeling like making any kind of fitness progress is very difficult. I would like to step up my game in the fitness department for weeks 4 & 5.

Applicable lessons: Don't leave exercise for late in the day. It is too easy for it to not happen.

I'm on team step up too! Here's to a strong challenge finish!

Sent from my iPhone while riding a unicorn through the cosmos.

• Like 2

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

Week 5, Day 1 Agent Report

The busy season with hubby's business is starting to wind down, so hopefully I can get into a better groove this week.

1) Physical Fitness: BWW: 0/2 Aerobic: 1/2 Long Yoga: 0/2                     

Went for an hour-ish hike in the woods behind our house with hubby (I need a better name for him. Maybe I should call him my Hobbit? He says he has hobbit feet)

2) Mental Strength: Positive Questions: 1/7    >3-min Meditation: 0/7    Positivity Challenge: 0/7   

Forgot to meditate. Did do questions, though I think it was at bedtime. :redface-new:

3) Unstoppable Action 1/6              

Made the kids help me leaf blow the driveway and sweep the steps on their first day off. Hooray for acting in spite of discomfort!

Life Quest: The Top Secret Mission 28%

Planning to work on this a bunch Wednesday

Mini-Challenge:

Not yet.

A better start already...

• Like 1

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines