chd_segacon_001.jpg

Filled with spikey traps?

Castlevania-Crushers.gif

And horrifying underlings?

hqdefault.jpg

Yeah.

No.

Assassin's don't use the front door.

I'm going straight up to the throne room.

PQDDg.gif

Then Drac's going down.

lowblow.gif

There's just one teenie tiny problem.

I'm not strong enough to climb walls!!!

Quest

Scale the walls of Dracula's castle to assassinate him by Halloween

Objective #1: (Keep Energy Bar Up)      -  track weight & calories daily

Objective #2: (Gain Climbing Strength) -  train strength 3x per week; pullups & dips 2x per week

Objective #3: (Prepare for Return Trip) -  train safety drops & rolls 1x per week, because what climbs up must come down

Successful Assassination = can climb a 6' (1.8m) vertical wall, & safely jump back down

• Like 13

You haven't seen my Final Form

I Stand With Gina Carano

Lol- love the Castlevania references, especially the real old-school ones from when I was growing up.

Happy climbing...

• Like 1

I was a Castlevania ADDICT for years! Endless continues but no save! I left my Nintendo running for a week trying to kill Dracula after school so I didn't have to work my way back up to him! Kill the bastard! Kill him!!!

• Like 1

Race: Kender Class: Warrior

Level:7

STR:25 | DEX:5 | STA:9 | CON:13 | WIS:17 | CHA:14

love the succinct and clear goal. Climb a wall! NO PROBLEM RIGHT GUYS? ;)

• Like 1

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

I was a Castlevania ADDICT for years! Endless continues but no save! I left my Nintendo running for a week trying to kill Dracula after school so I didn't have to work my way back up to him! Kill the bastard! Kill him!!!

Return to the Addiction!

The Sequel

We're going to get a video of you scaling that wall, right?

That's the plan!

• Like 1

I Stand With Gina Carano

Some unfinished business from last challenge thread:

Have you tracked how the overall calorie consumption compares? For me, fats seem to keep me more satiated and maintain energy better on a calorie for calorie basis, but considering I hate tracking those calories (and therefore don't), I am curious about the actual net result.

I'll do some Nut vs No-Nut days in the next couple of weeks and we'll see what happens.  :encouragement:

Done.  While eating ad libitum - with no calorie target, on the days I ate a serving of mixed nuts with each meal I ingested in the range of 400-600 fewer total calories than on the days that I didn't eat any nuts.

Conclusion: Squirrels are smart.

• Like 7

I Stand With Gina Carano

Done. While eating ad libitum - with no calorie target, on the days I ate a serving of mixed nuts with each meal I ingested in the range of 400-600 fewer total calories than on the days that I didn't eat any nuts.

So much for the idea that healthy fats make you fat, at least in this case. ;)

That was what I suspected, but it is cool that you did the data collection to prove it. :)

• Like 1

Done.  While eating ad libitum - with no calorie target, on the days I ate a serving of mixed nuts with each meal I ingested in the range of 400-600 fewer total calories than on the days that I didn't eat any nuts.

728SOEg.gif

And tenacious little buggers.

On the other hand, this makes me sad since I can't eat nuts (as is) much anymore :(  I wonder if nut butters count?

• Like 1

Challenges | Current |

Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | MFP

OOOOOOO SPARLY!!!  - Jenyne Butterfly (Shit Pole Dancers Say)

I need more Mighty Grip.  Do you have more Mighty Grip?  - Steven Retchless (Shit Pole Dancers Say) 

I wonder if nut butters count?

I'm looking at my mixed nuts and peanut butter side-by-side. Their nutrition profile is almost exactly the same.

Peanut butter, 32g serving size

180 cal

15g fat

8g carb

7g prot

Mixed nuts, 28g serving size

170 cal

15g fat

5g carb

7g prot

This is just speculation on my part, but since the peanut butter is already whipped it's digestion rate might be a little faster. But if there is a difference I doubt it's enough of one to be worth fussing over.

• Like 2

I Stand With Gina Carano

Schweet challenge!! I was plannin on doing a Dracula like challenge next time but I'm digging yours a lot. Subbing :)

Wolf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 1 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Knight Radiant/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 196#

Stats: MIGHT: 9 / CONSTITUTION: 6 / DEXTERITY: 8 / PERCEPTION: 7 / INTELLECT: 6 / RESOLVE: 10

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: The First Ideal

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

I'm looking at my mixed nuts and peanut butter side-by-side. Their nutrition profile is almost exactly the same.

Peanut butter, 32g serving size

180 cal

15g fat

8g carb

7g prot

Mixed nuts, 28g serving size

170 cal

15g fat

5g carb

7g prot

This is just speculation on my part, but since the peanut butter is already whipped it's digestion rate might be a little faster. But if there is a difference I doubt it's enough of one to be worth fussing over.

That is very good news if that speculation is true.  I'll need to find some almond butter and some good peanut butter and see if I notice any differences.  And then report back here of course ;P

Now let the vampire ganking commence! (actually, funny thing, let the bodies hit the floor just started on my playlist lol)

• Like 1

Challenges | Current |

Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | MFP

OOOOOOO SPARLY!!!  - Jenyne Butterfly (Shit Pole Dancers Say)

I need more Mighty Grip.  Do you have more Mighty Grip?  - Steven Retchless (Shit Pole Dancers Say) 

Report for: Sept 16, 2014

Objective #1: (Keep Energy Bar Up) - track weight & calories daily

Date                 Weight              Calories

Sept 12        186.6 lbs (84.6 kg)       3064 cal

Sept 13        187.6 lbs (85.1 kg)       3220 cal

Sept 14        187.2 lbs (84.9 kg)       3635 cal

Sept 15        187.0 lbs (84.8 kg)       3422 cal

Sept 16        187.0 lbs (84.8 kg)       still eating

Notes: 

• I back-dated a little since I had the data and want to keep an eye on trends.
  • I've switched from tracking weight & nutrition on a homemade spreadsheet to using the Myfitnesspal app on my iPad.  The app was free.  I downloaded it a week ago to test it before the challenge officially started.  It has some kinks, but overall I like it.
  • Weight is measured in the morning, after using the restroom, before eating or drinking anything, without clothing.

Objective #2: (Gain Climbing Strength) - train strength 3x per week; pullups & dips 2x per week

• Strength Training schedule is:  Tues/Thurs/Sat

lbs x reps x sets  (kg) 

Squat        previous: 170 x 5 x 5  (77)

30  x 5 x 2  (13)

80  x 5      (36)

120 x 5      (54)

150 x 5      (68)

175 x 5 x 5  (79) 

Bench        previous: 100 x 5 x 5  (45)

30  x 5 x 2   (13)

50  x 5       (22)

75  x 5       (34)

110 x 5 x 5   (50)

Power Clean     previous: 80 x 8 x 2   (36)

30 x 5 x 2   (13)  Hang Clean

50 x 5       (22)  Hang Clean

85 x 5 x 5   (38)

Supersetted

Captain's Chair Straight-Leg Raise     previous: bw x 11 x 5   

bw x 12 x 5

Thumbless Grip Assisted High Pullup   previous: -64 x 8 x 5   (-29)  

-58 x 8 x 5   (-26)

Assisted Dip                        previous: -46 x 13 x 5  (-20)

-40 x 13 x 5  (-18)

Power Clean, second round, drilling form

75 x 5 x 5   (34)

Objective #3: (Prepare for Return Trip) - train safety drops & rolls 1x per week, because what climbs up must come down

• Skill Training schedule is:  Sat or Sun
  • Like 4

I Stand With Gina Carano

3k calories and still a steady weight decline. I would enjoy seeing fad diets attempt to explain that.

Wow, I maintain weight on half of what you lose weight on.... *le sigh*

My metabolism is running pretty hot right now.  A few months back 2500 was my maintenance.  Maintenance can shift around though.  I'm using more volume in my workouts than I was in late spring & early summer.  It's driven my metabolism up.

I overate yesterday though. :tongue:  Just as my head hit the pillow I realized that I'd forgotten to log one of my meals earlier in the day - from before I'd eaten dinner.  :o  So my nutrition totals ended up being just a weeee bit higher than I was aiming for.  At least I know where my maintenance isn't now! (posting report in a minute)  :victorious:

:redface-new: :redface-new: :redface-new: :redface-new:

• Like 2

I Stand With Gina Carano

My metabolism is running pretty hot right now.  A few months back 2500 was my maintenance.  Maintenance can shift around though.  I'm using more volume in my workouts than I was in late spring & early summer.  It's driven my metabolism up.

I overate yesterday though. :tongue:  Just as my head hit the pillow I realized that I'd forgotten to log one of my meals earlier in the day - from before I'd eaten dinner.  :o  So my nutrition totals ended up being just a weeee bit higher than I was aiming for.  At least I know where my maintenance isn't now! (posting report in a minute)  :victorious:

:redface-new: :redface-new: :redface-new: :redface-new:

I did pretty much the same today... except it ment my total was 1500 instead of 1200.. which means I'll probably gain weight :-O wish my metabolism would speed up a bit

• Like 2

Half-Elf Ranger

[Level: 4 | STR 9 | DEX 5 | STA 9 | CON 10 | WIS 10 | CHA 7 ]

Feel free to visit - Current Challenge

Challenge 3 - Challenge 2 - Challenge 1

Feel free to add me as a Fitbit Friend

Report for: Sept 17, 2014

Objective #1: (Keep Energy Bar Up) - track weight & calories daily

• new data is colored

Date                 Weight              Calories

Sept 12        186.6 lbs (84.6 kg)       3064 cal

Sept 13        187.6 lbs (85.1 kg)       3220 cal

Sept 14        187.2 lbs (84.9 kg)       3635 cal

Sept 15        187.0 lbs (84.8 kg)       3422 cal

Sept 16        187.0 lbs (84.8 kg)       4498 cal

Sept 17        188.6 lbs (85.5 kg)       tbd

Objective #2: (Gain Climbing Strength) - train strength 3x per week; pullups & dips 2x per week

• Strength Training schedule is:  Tues/Thurs/Sat

Objective #3: (Prepare for Return Trip) - train safety drops & rolls 1x per week, because what climbs up must come down

• Skill Training schedule is:  Sat or Sun

• Like 1

I Stand With Gina Carano

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines