Hazard: 5th Mission - Assassinate Dracula

Hazard

Awesome job on the wall climbing! Glad you were able to assassinate Dracula.The world is saved due to your brave actions.

Huzzah! 

You mentioned that you were thinking of working on rings sometime in the future? How about next challenge? I say this partly because you were thinking of something to work on next challenge, and partly because I had a pair arrive yesterday and the more the merrier :tongue:

Link to the rings you ordered?

810g/day is pretty fast for a weight increase. Any idea how much of that is muscle / water / fat? From reading your training log I'm guessing it's about as much muscle as anyone could reasonably put on in 6 weeks!

Roughly 7.3 lbs (3.3 kg) of lean mass & 3.9 lbs (1.8 kg) of fat mass.  How much of the lean mass was muscle vs. soft tissues vs. bone vs water/glycogen storage is anybody's guess. 

I'll be conservative and assume I was carrying an extra 3 lbs of water/glycogen beyond normal, from being in a bulk.  Subtract that from the lean mass would put muscle & soft tissue gain at 4.3 lbs (2 kg) total.  An average increase of about 0.68 lbs (0.31 kg) per week.

You haven't seen my Final Form

There is only one god, its name is death; and there is only one thing we say to death: "Not today"

that wall climb is great! I think you just need more practice - you looked strong enough to get up on there, but it looked like you were still not very smooth, and didn't know where to put your knees and elbows.

also super impressed with the weighted chin-ups. I love seeing that kind of stuff, it's far in my future but gives me goals to look forward to...

• Like 1

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

that wall climb is great! I think you just need more practice - you looked strong enough to get up on there, but it looked like you were still not very smooth, and didn't know where to put your knees and elbows.

Momentum died at :11 seconds, when I lost traction with my left foot.  After that I was stuck with "grinding the rep" to succeed.  Go Dip training!

resized_polar-bear-meme-generator-when-i

• Like 1

There is only one god, its name is death; and there is only one thing we say to death: "Not today"

I also wanted to say that jumping from 6 ft freaked me and my poor healing ACL out - I am surprisingly wincey when I see things like that these days - and for the record, I think jumping down from a squat or seat is a valid assassin technique, because it minimizes your profile so you can avoid getting shot as you escape.

• Like 1

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

New videos up in my battle log, for anyone who wants to check out my Press and Deadlifts.  More squats too, including ditching the bar on a failed rep. 

The link will take you straight to the video posts.

Link to the rings you ordered?

I got them off eBay, but I think these are the exact same make: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pellor-fitnessXzone-Bodyweight-Excercising-Suspension/dp/B005EER2VC

I tried them yesterday for the first time. They're simple but a little fiddly to set up, and feel high quality and sturdy when you're up using them. Easy to adjust mid-session (if you decide you need them 8'0" (2m45) off the ground for kipping pull-up variations, or down to 0'8" (0m20) for ring push-ups)). Wooden ones are supposed to be "better" but I don't know who decided that... these are hardcore solid plastic and feel good to me.

Roughly 7.3 lbs (3.3 kg) of lean mass & 3.9 lbs (1.8 kg) of fat mass.  How much of the lean mass was muscle vs. soft tissues vs. bone vs water/glycogen storage is anybody's guess. 

I'll be conservative and assume I was carrying an extra 3 lbs of water/glycogen beyond normal, from being in a bulk.  Subtract that from the lean mass would put muscle & soft tissue gain at 4.3 lbs (2 kg) total.  An average increase of about 0.68 lbs (0.31 kg) per week.

Nice, sounds good to me! 2kg of muscle is surely a serious amount, especially from a functional perspective.

• Like 1

Level 25 Cyborg Assassin

[ STR 36.75 | DEX 26.00 | STA 28.00 | CON 31.25 | WIS 29.25 | CHA 24.50 ]

current 5-week challenge: March 2020

external websites with my resources for...

fitness & breathwork | mental math & mind sports | motivation & productivity

Wooden ones are supposed to be "better" but I don't know who decided that... these are hardcore solid plastic and feel good to me.

Gymnasts, apparently. :P  My reading suggests wood holds grip better, without the need for chalk.  But chalk's cheap.  The block of chalk I sometimes use in lifting I bought years ago for less than $5, and it's still nowhere near running out.   So I'd probably fall in the "use whatever rings you can afford" camp.

• Like 1

Nice videos, and congrats on successfully carrying out your mission to dispose of Dracula. ;)

Enjoy whatever rings you decide to get!

• Like 1

Please don't be offended but I was sorely disappointed when the Phantom of the Opera was unmasked. With no ghoulish acid burns it was a huge Halloween let down.

Never unmask your heroes :)

i_don__t_always_take_off_my_mask___by_en

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines