Elastigirl :Just Another Day in the Life of A Superhero

Elastigirl

Elastigirl: Daily Life of a Superhero:

updated to reflect reality

Goal # 1

60 second crow and 60 second handstand

Really spend time on these, and get them to a point where most of time I can reach 60 seconds with good form

Sorry Edna-I'm not going to follow your advice. I 'm going back to some goals I had before. I leveled up with them before, but returning to them will give me a chance to build strength and prettify them a bit.

c35e31cfc1f8f9c228f1badf16be42ce.jpg

Points 3 STA 

Goal # 2 Stretching My Limits

Continue  the hanging challenge (at least 2 x during day) and work on the mobilty squat challenge (30 minutes in day)mobility drill + 15 minutes of holds. Have a total of 30 days by challenge end

elastigirl3.jpg?w=300&h=166&crop=1

Points 5 STA

Goal #3 The shape I want 

Blowing yourself into a giant beachball may be helpful sometimes, but generally an assassins needs to be lean

Elastigirl_01_by_Frail_Hellion.jpg

If I want to not gain weight I need to be mindful of some food guidelines that work for me:

My rules:

1) measure starchy carbs  and track them-net carbs between 50g and 100g (2 days a week I won't worry about tracking but still be aware of serving sizes)

2) no more than  one serving of nuts a day

3) sweet stuff- only desserts allowed are homemade ( which are stevia or non sugar sweetener) and a serving of dark chocolate. I will allow myself  2 free exemptions during the challenge (note-exemption applies to one serving size)

4) Eat according to my Paleo rules most of the time (yes this is non specific- I seem to do good with doing it about 90% of the time, and have a pretty good idea of the balance I need)

To help with this I will be participating in a Food PVP

Points 4 CON

Life Goal:
Do 2 new recipes a week; I have a new Paleo book Everyday Paleo Thai Cousine and some others from other cookbooks. This doesn't have to be an entire dish, I also just want to make some of the spice mixes and sauces:

Points 4 CHA

WORKOUT PLAN- 
I will be using Enter The Kettlebell  and be primarily doing kettlebell work this challenge
I will also be working on pullups. Using this site as a template http://www.bodytribe.com/2013/01/17/how-women-can-do-pull-ups/
I will alternate crow holds and wall handstand holds daily, maybe just do them once a day, maybe several times
I will be doing the hanging challenge and squat mobility challenge daily. I plan to do this routine several times during the week

My week will look somewhat like this
daily: squat challenge, deadhang challenge, am walk or sledgehammer or movement play
crow holds/handstand hold

Monday
Clean and Press 25# light reps day
snatch work
hanging leg raise

Tuesday
my choice/ walking,yoga, gymnastic,sledgehammer

Wednesday
clean and press medium  reps day
kettlebell swing
small number reps on pullup-most unassisted or negative

Thursday
same as Tuesday

Friday
heavy reps clean and press
kettlebell swing
pull-large number of reps using assistance bands

Sat
same as Tuesday
  • Like 11

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

sounds like fun! I wish I was super into cooking, It bores me to tears! I recently batch roasted two whole chickens so i had food for the week and a freezer meal for the future. And even that felt like too much hard work :P

Level 1 Hobbit Assassin (is that even a thing?!)

Strength (earth) +1, 

Dexterity (wind) +2, 

Stamina (fire) +1, 

Constitution (earth) +3, 

Wisdom (water) +5, 

Charisma (water) +2

yay challenge, these are great goals!

love the food challenge, but I feel like I'm still a step behind. this time I'm logging everything via loseit app and also photographs so I can really examine what I'm eating/drinking

I'm looking forward to seeing what you are eating too!

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

Oooh I look forward to seeing what you cook! Luuuuv Thai food.

sounds like fun! I wish I was super into cooking, It bores me to tears! I recently batch roasted two whole chickens so i had food for the week and a freezer meal for the future. And even that felt like too much hard work :tongue:

Me too! Lookin' forward to the recipes, I'm always interested in new foods to try!

Trying new food helps me keep cooking interesting.

@ Arwenavery; A lot of my cooking is like that too. I fix a bunch of meat an veggies and then we just eat that a bunch during the week. Then if I just do one or some real meal type cooking things a week I enjoy it. One of the things I'm going to do is make some spice mixes and sauces from my Well Food 2 cookbook. That way, even if it is just the same meat and veggies as yesterday, I can jazz it up a bit.

yay challenge, these are great goals!

love the food challenge, but I feel like I'm still a step behind. this time I'm logging everything via loseit app and also photographs so I can really examine what I'm eating/drinking

I'm looking forward to seeing what you are eating too!

Thanks

Can't wait to see your recipes

Also 60 seconds Crow sounds amazing, I can do about 1 millisecond before I crash on my face

BTDT with the crow face plants.It took me a long time to figure it out, and even longer to build up to 60 seconds.

Go for it, darling! We will be here to see you achieving success!!

Subbing for my dose of inspiration from elastigirl :)

Thanks!

Stalking... Again... Maybe I should wonder about how creepy I seem stalking a bunch of people...

:D

• Like 1

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

I'm in!  I really love that you've built in a lot of free exercise time into your schedule, rather than over scheduling your mandatory moves.  :)  Are you still going to do the movement multivitamin, or have you completely finished that one?  

I love Thai food, but cooking it seems kind of scary (or at least, getting the spicing right seems intimidating).  I hope you have a lot of success!  

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

As always, I'm here to support you in your heroic journey [emoji106][emoji123][emoji106][emoji123]

Wolf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Wild Wolf

Class: Vigilante/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 178#

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Gotham Project Pt. 2

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Gotham Project: 1

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

First day went well. I still need to do my mobility squat work-we're planning on watching Dr Who so I can do it then, and a little more dead hang practice

Kettlebell practice went good. I felt strong and really didn't have much problem with finishing my sets. I think I may be starting it with less reps then when I did them before, but I couldn't find my logs on it to tell.

Snatch I had been doing doing rep sets and then resting. Now I'm trying to do them continuously, which I'm pretty bad at. Made it to almost 2 minutes before I had to  stop to breathe. Room to improve there, that's for sure :redface-new:  :redface-new:

Workout:

walk

Warm up

Halo-goblet squat-bridge

Max handstand hold test

Clean and press 25 # 1-2-3 x 5

Leg raises 1-2 -then 30 second deadhang/ x 4 then 1-2-3 set

Scapula raises, side swings on bars

20# snatch almost 2 minutes

Mobility walk play 3 minutes

Squat  routine

During day hanging sets/squat

Evening walk, spotted handstand practice

• Like 4

I'm in!  I really love that you've built in a lot of free exercise time into your schedule, rather than over scheduling your mandatory moves.   :)  Are you still going to do the movement multivitamin, or have you completely finished that one?  

I love Thai food, but cooking it seems kind of scary (or at least, getting the spicing right seems intimidating).  I hope you have a lot of success!  

I cheat by buying a jar of Thai curry paste at the grocery store. Then I stirfry a bunch of meat and veggies, pour in a can of coconut milk, then add the curry paste until it looks right (usually a tablespoon or so). Then I simmer a bit and enjoy! It might not be real Thai food, but it certainly is real tasty!

• Like 1

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

I cheat by buying a jar of Thai curry paste at the grocery store. Then I stirfry a bunch of meat and veggies, pour in a can of coconut milk, then add the curry paste until it looks right (usually a tablespoon or so). Then I simmer a bit and enjoy! It might not be real Thai food, but it certainly is real tasty!

This is my usual. I really like it. The cookbook has some different things like kaffir lime leaves. It also has a way to make your own curry paste. I'll probably stick to buying the premade curry paste most of the time, but I may try and make it at home.

Being lazy... do you have any good references for crow pose? I've been inquisitive about hand-balancing lately.

Annnnd yummmmm thai cuisine.

Nymeria made a tutorial once, and it was great. Can't find it now though. :neglected:

This is good too:

Yay, found Nym's crow

• Like 4

Another day of being awesome EG! I can't wait to see all of the foods you're going to cook!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines