Elastigirl :Just Another Day in the Life of A Superhero

Elastigirl

I'm curious about your logs! It's cool that your sets aren't giving much trouble now.

Are you breathing while doing snatches? :D

I do my logs on the computer, and there is about a month missing. Did I do them in a different spot? Accidently delete them? Just forget to do them? We may never know. ;) Felt like I was going to die after my snatches.But now I've watched you in action, so I'll be awesome

running-gif.gif

Another day of being awesome EG! I can't wait to see all of the foods you're going to cook!

Thanks! 

I'm really excited to see what you come up with this challenge. You are awesome Elastigirl. 

Following!

Thanks, great to see you

An inspiration, as always. :)

Hey there , hi where's your challenge?

Excellent! Those crow/handstand times are awesome.

Thanks, slow going, but I'm getting there

Thanks for the vids!

I think I'm going to incorporate trying the crow pose into Friday's workout. Friyay is a time for play. I'll probably fall flat on my face, but at least I will be smiling while doing it :)

Friyay,love it and crowstand is a perfect pose for a Friyay!

This looks great, Elastigirl!

Thanks

Must know what recipes you come up with.

Thanks, hopefully they turn out well

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

I love how you balance "play" exercises with "work" exercises. Subbing you again. :)

• Like 1

Tuesday:

play day. Went for a walk. Took the route that has a curb, so I could do some curb walking. Played with my sledgehammer. Then messed around with headstand stuff. And crow pose. I can only hold 20 for 20 seconds. I have no problem getting into it, but yeah, I forgot how tough that is on the wrists.

Also made some coconut milk ice cream, nom. This recipe,only I halved the honey and replaced it with stevia

http://civilizedcavemancooking.com/grain-free-goodies/chocolate-ice-cream/

Did my deadhang practice and squat. Right now, I'm elevating my feet, so that I can do it for 10 minutes at a time.

Wednesday

Went out to lunch with friends, had a sandwich on gluten free bread. This place has delicious bread, so worth the carbs. Still stayed in my carb count for the day, though. And my friends had truffles, but I declined since I knew I would have to do burpees, for my PVP, if I ate them. Plus, I had some dark chocolate I could have for my treat. 

I sorta made a new recipe. In that I made cauliflower rice with some new spices. But I was confused about which recipe. I have two cookbooks with cauliflower rice recipes in them. I looked in one and had all the ingredients. Then today I looked at the wrong recipe, and thought," ???? What was I thinking I don't have apricots and pine nuts" but I did use the spices from the recipe and it was good.After making it, I figured out I was looking at the wrong recipe :redface-new: http://theclothesmakethegirl.com/2009/09/03/eat-your-vegetables-cauliflower-fouscous-pilaf/

Workout

Tuesday

Walk

Warm up

Reverse pushups knee 5/regular 4/4

Crow 20 sec x ?

Headstand stuff

Wednesday

Warm up

Handstand 30 sec on 30 s rest x 4 (reps 3 and 4 20sec)

Clean and press 1-2-3 x 5 25#

Pull up (assisted band) 1-2-3 x 5

Mobility squat

Keep track of my progress on the squats, and hanging work, I am stealing borrowing MadHatter's system

Bar hangs XXXXXX XXXXXX  XXXXXX  XXXXXX  XXXXXX  XXXXXX

Squats      XXXXXX    XXXXXX   XXXXXX  XXXXXX XXXXXX  XXXXXX

Blue = done, yellow is done partly, red is not done Note: I set this up for 6 days a week, to reach my goal I only need to 5 days a week, but if if I feel like it I may do 6, which gives me room to miss some more if I am having a busy/off week

• Like 4

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

I don't think I'm ready for a challenge right now, but I'm going to make a real effort to keep my battle log updated. I posted a mini explanation of my absence, and I'll try to outline my current program tomorrow. I've missed you all!

Glad you are here! Good reminder on the wrists, I'll do some foam rolling on them. Part of the reason I'm doing the crow hold is to build up my strength in my wrists too.

DId sprints and kicks today for the mini challenge. And played around a bit on my little obstacle course I made in my backyard, though the blackberries made it more of an obstacle then I prefer. :playful:

For cooking today I made a spice mix http://theclothesmakethegirl.com/2014/08/05/sunrise-spice/. Nom!!! Mixed it with hamburger and put it over the leftover cauliflower rice.

• Like 2

Ooh, an obstacle course?! That sounds like so much fun! I decided I needed my own obstacle course (once I have a place to put one, of course) after doing my first mud run this summer :) Pics maybe?

Challenge is looking awesome! Good luck :)

Race: Wood Elf

Level 20

Class: Ranger

Strength: 45 | Dexterity: 15 | Stamina: 44 | Constitution: 29 | Wisdom: 35 | Charisma: 28

BATTLE LOG   EPIC QUEST  CHALLENGE

Ooh, an obstacle course?! That sounds like so much fun! I decided I needed my own obstacle course (once I have a place to put one, of course) after doing my first mud run this summer :) Pics maybe?

Challenge is looking awesome! Good luck :)

not really as cool as it sounds. Just a sort of spur of the moment afternoon project thing. Part of our yard is a greenbelt with trees. So,I just made a semi path through it, then grabbed some big flat pieces of wood to jump across, made a balance bridge with a log, and end by sprinting up a hill. I mean, it's fun and cool to me, but not like a big major  deal thing. 

That's how it begins... Soon there will be monkey bars and warp walls everywhere!

we all want to go there.

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

That's how it begins... Soon there will be monkey bars and warp walls everywhere!

I want to go there

we all want to go there.

Yes!!! I think a slack line would be a good start. :) 

• Like 1

Slack lines are SO much fun! We want to get one, but haven't got a place to put it. But my buddy has one, and we've had a blast. Anyways. I second the motion. And totally think that some expansion of your obstacle course would be super inspirational ;)

• Like 2

Race: Wood Elf

Level 20

Class: Ranger

Strength: 45 | Dexterity: 15 | Stamina: 44 | Constitution: 29 | Wisdom: 35 | Charisma: 28

BATTLE LOG   EPIC QUEST  CHALLENGE

Slack lines are SO much fun! We want to get one, but haven't got a place to put it. But my buddy has one, and we've had a blast. Anyways. I second the motion. And totally think that some expansion of your obstacle course would be super inspirational ;)

I think, now that I've cleared out some brush, there is room to hang it between the trees, not sure though. It would be super cool though!

• Like 1

Friday:

Worked on handstand wall holds. DIdn't have time to do all my mobility squats, only did 2 ten minute sessions, instead of three. 

Food: Went to my friends house, and her daughter baked spelt pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. I have two free passes, decided that was worth it, and had two. I was tempted to have more, but kept it to a serving size of them. So that was good. I'm trying to teach myself to enjoy a treat, and not just then think I need more and more to enjoy myself.

Workout:

Bar hangs XXXXXX  XXXXXX  XXXXXX  XXXXXX  XXXXXX  XXXXXX

Squats      XXXXXX    XXXXXX   XXXXXX  XXXXXX XXXXXX  XXXXXX

Blue= complete, red =miss yellow = partially complete

Warmup

Hanging routine

Handstand wall 30 s/60s off/30s/60 s off/27s/60s off/25s

Clean and press 25 # 1-2-3 x 3 1-2-3-4 x 2

Pull ups 1-2 assisted-2 negative x 3

Hanging routine

Mobility routine

• Like 8

Must catch up on everything. But your challeng looks great :D

Really looking forward to following and reading everything on this thread ^^ so good to he back :)

Level 10 Bleu Gardien Assassin of the Lanomia Clan

Buddhist, Traceur, Martial Artist, Assassin, Templar

Strenght: 22 Constitution: 9 Dexterity: 4 Wisdom: 12 Stamina: 11 Charisma: 5
- My Epic Quest: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/28629-an-assassins-epic-quest/
- My Tenth-th Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/56054-cobaltswords-journey-chapter-10/

- Daily Battle Log: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/51677-cobaltswords-journey/

"The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle" - "Nothing is true, everything is permitted"

Nom nom cookies!

We need to start producing an Assassin home/backyard gym kit.

Sent via Phone-Bot... "Phone-Bot will enslave the humans. Beep, boop, bop."

Ooooh.... a backyard gym home kit. How cool :) 

:) Step one: plant tree.

Step two: wait.

Step three: do pull ups.

:D We have trees, but they are evergreen, way too prickly. And a vine maple, but the branches are too thin. If I planted a full grown tree I wouldn't have to wait :) 

• Like 1

Those C&P are looking good! 

Rewiring those brain thoughts when it comes to food treats is a long process, but i'm pretty sure it'll be worth it in the end. Great job on that one :)

Enjoying doing the kettlebell this challenge. Something very satisfying about lifting something heavy over your head. :) 

Please, please, please share all your good recipes. I'm always looking for new things to cook.

I'll try.

• Like 2

Week 1- Complete

Goal #1- 60 second crow and wall handstand-working on it.

Goal # 2 Goal # 2 Stretching My Limits

Continue  the hanging challenge (at least 2 x during day) and work on the mobilty squat challenge (30 minutes in day) Have a total of 30 days by challenge end

Bar hangs XXXXXX

Squats      XXXXXX  

Blue= complete, red =miss yellow = partially complete

Goal # 3

If I want to not gain weight I need to be mindful of some food guidelines that work for me:

My rules:

1) measure starchy carbs  and track them-net carbs between 50g and 100g (2 days a week I won't worry about tracking but still be aware of serving sizes)

2) no more than  one serving of nuts a day

3) sweet stuff- only desserts allowed are homemade ( which are stevia or non sugar sweetener) and a serving of dark chocolate. I will allow myself  2 free exemptions during the challenge (note-exemption applies to one serving size)

4) Eat according to my Paleo rules most of the time (yes this is non specific- I seem to do good with doing it about 90% of the time, and have a pretty good idea of the balance I need)

To help with this I will be participating in a Food PVP

1) food tracked-went over a little bit on Friday, when at friends, not really worrying about it

2) yes

3) used one of my free desserts for cookies

4) Ate mostly Paleo

Life Goal

2 new recipes a week. I made 2 spice mixes and caulilflower rice

Things that went well

1) Great start. especially happy with the fact that I am cutting way back on sugar and nuts

Things that I can improve next week

Well, I only have one dessert pass left, so unless something spectacular comes up, I'll skip dessert, outside home. Think I'll make some homemade  apple  crisp with almond flour and stevia.  

• Like 5

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines