Elastigirl :Just Another Day in the Life of A Superhero

Elastigirl

Today's workout:

Monday:

Handstand 30s (t0o much tea before; gurgly tummy)

AMRAP pushups 60s 16

Clean and press 1-2 x 3 1 x 3

Bent hanging leg rasie 3/3

Pushup 7/6/6

Burpees 22 (for food PVP-since I went over carb limit on Friday)

Snatch 2 min x 2

I have only done one set of mobility squat 10 min sessions- blergh, tired, maybe I'll do one more and call it good

• Like 3

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Great start to your challenge!

(And the apple crisp sounds delicious....)

Indeed a good start, must remember to do a food goal next challenge ^^ keep up the great work

Level 10 Bleu Gardien Assassin of the Lanomia Clan

Buddhist, Traceur, Martial Artist, Assassin, Templar

Strenght: 22 Constitution: 9 Dexterity: 4 Wisdom: 12 Stamina: 11 Charisma: 5
- My Epic Quest: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/28629-an-assassins-epic-quest/
- My Tenth-th Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/56054-cobaltswords-journey-chapter-10/

- Daily Battle Log: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/51677-cobaltswords-journey/

"The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle" - "Nothing is true, everything is permitted"

Doing great! And yea, there is something about lifting a heavy weight above your head.

And haha, complaining stomach during handstands xD it's better than losing some air while squatting or something like that ;)

haha. :D The nice thing about not working out at a gym, no one hears all the weird noises  I make.

Looks like you're off to a great start! 

Thanks

Indeed a good start, must remember to do a food goal next challenge ^^ keep up the great work

I like to throw in a food challenge. 

That's a great start to the challenge!  Of course, I already expected you to be consistent and awesome   :)

Thanks

How was the apple crisp?

Great start! Your workout inspires me.

Hmm, not so great. I tried to do the recipe from memory from last year. I forgot to put water in with the apples, and they taste dry. Still good, just not awesome.

• Like 1

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Life goal not so happy today. I planned on making a new meatball recipe. But by the time I made apple crisp it was later then I planned, and I was tired, and so scrapped the meatballs and just did ground beef and sauteed veggies (my go-to meal)

And my apple crisp didn't turn out so well. I just did the recipe from memory from last year, and the apples were too dry.

workout: deadhang,active hang, stretching, squat routine, frogger, bear walk

might sound dumb but is apple crisp, what we in the UK would call apple crisps, or something different?

Not dumb, since I don't know what you in the UK call apple crisp :) It is baked apples, with a crumbly pastry top, in this case almond flour, chopped nuts, coconut, and butter and a bit of stevia and cinnamon

Do you consider arrowroot to be paleo? Are there any other sweeteners you are ok with now, or just stevia? I have a few suggestions that might improve the apple crisp (though I usually make apple crumbles without a crispy top, just crumbly).

You are doing great with your challenge!

Do you consider arrowroot to be paleo? Are there any other sweeteners you are ok with now, or just stevia? I have a few suggestions that might improve the apple crisp (though I usually make apple crumbles without a crispy top, just crumbly).

You are doing great with your challenge!

I can't seem to find arrowroot at the grocery story. I've seen it in recipes though. Don't even know what it is. The root of an arrow? I'd love suggestions. We still have apples, so I want to try again. Other sweeteners I can use are honey and maple syrup

Not doing so great on the recipe front. Went to look for some of the Thai ingredients at my store. I remembered seeing Lemongrass. Well, when I looked at it in the store, it was in a tube, with Canola oil added, plus tons of other preservatives. So, I need to look at an Asian market.  Also, right now we have a gazillion apples in our house from our one little tiny apple tree. And because it has been warm, they are attracting fruit flies. So I need to take care of them now. I'm making applesauce, to turn into apple butter right now. NOMS. But then I don't have time or energy for new fancy Thai recipes. So life goal being delayed. 

This has been an odd week for handstand. Monday, I'd had too much tea, and my stomach was gurgling and sloshing and driving me nuts when I tried handstands. And today I got this massive foot cramp. You know the kind where then you try and walk it out, but you feel like crying. So that kind of stopped that. Random, then it was fine the rest of the day. Tonight I'll stand on a ping pong ball and roll my foot out some.

Oh, and I totally messed up my rep routine for the workout. It has ladders and each workout is different, and so I wrote out what I needed to do. Only I wrote it wrong. :o So then I added some in later.

I did get in 50 pushups for my PVP challenge though.

workout

Warm up

Handstand shrugs

Handstand hold

KB c&P 1-2,1-2,1,1,1 ( Wrong rep scheme!)should be 1-2-3;1-2-3;1-2;1-2;1-2

assisted pull ups (knee) assisted 2,3)/(foot) 3,4/4/4

Pushups 10 reps x 5

Swings 10 reps x 6

Squats mobility work

Workout

• Like 1

Not dumb, since I don't know what you in the UK call apple crisp :) It is baked apples, with a crumbly pastry top, in this case almond flour, chopped nuts, coconut, and butter and a bit of stevia and cinnamon

Oooooooooooh, that's something we call apple crumble. To us Apple Crisps are potato chips made with apple, and what we call chips I don't think you have a word for because it isn't the same as fries

the worlds gone mad!

Not doing so great on the recipe front. Went to look for some of the Thai ingredients at my store. I remembered seeing Lemongrass. Well, when I looked at it in the store, it was in a tube, with Canola oil added, plus tons of other preservatives. So, I need to look at an Asian market.  

Did you check the produce section?  That's always where I've seen it.  It looks like a stick or a reed, usually in the same area with the ginger.  (Of course, I live in an area with a LOT of different ethnicities, so it may not be so easy to find elsewhere.)  Also it's sometimes available dried in the herbs & spices section of the store.

NF: Treedwelling assasin. Druidish leanings. Gnome.  

IRL: Amateur circus geek.  Mad cook. Mom. Mad Max junkie. 

Lemongrass freezes well so when you do get to the Asian store you can always buy a bit extra. The stuff in the tube is nasty!

Good to know. I'm sure there will be leftover. Then I can just stick it in the freezer for next time.

Oooooooooooh, that's something we call apple crumble. To us Apple Crisps are potato chips made with apple, and what we call chips I don't think you have a word for because it isn't the same as fries

the worlds gone mad!

I think some Americans call it crumble. Crumble actually makes more sense. But it's a dessert  from my husband's side of the family and that's what they call it. . :) 

Your amount of pushups still boggles my mind. What weight are you using for the c&p now? I bet that benefits from the pushups.

Thanks. Using 25#. I think the pushups help. I hadn't done them press for a long time, but was pretty much able to pick up where I left off.

Did you check the produce section?  That's always where I've seen it.  It looks like a stick or a reed, usually in the same area with the ginger.  (Of course, I live in an area with a LOT of different ethnicities, so it may not be so easy to find elsewhere.)  Also it's sometimes available dried in the herbs & spices section of the store.

Yeah, lots of cool veggies that I never saw but no lemongrass. Didn't check in the dried spices though

• Like 1

Mmmm. Crisp/crumble sounds delicious. I think that would be called an apple cobbler in my house. :)

This post managed to escape being eaten by Tapatalk.

AnnieP (respawned)

Starting over Newbie (second time's the charm)

"Never be satisfied with anything less than absolute perfection! ...said no sane person ever." -- Spark

"And my cheese monster will never be satisfied by cheddar, only the cheese of accomplishment." -- Ze Frank, An Invocation for Beginnings(NSFW)

Current Challenge: Finding Her Joy Again;  Previous Challenge: Here We Go Again

Quite possibly, but it's still what my family would call it, lol. :P

AnnieP (respawned)

Starting over Newbie (second time's the charm)

"Never be satisfied with anything less than absolute perfection! ...said no sane person ever." -- Spark

"And my cheese monster will never be satisfied by cheddar, only the cheese of accomplishment." -- Ze Frank, An Invocation for Beginnings(NSFW)

Current Challenge: Finding Her Joy Again;  Previous Challenge: Here We Go Again

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines