I am Jaex: Draugr

jaex

I am Jaex, draugr.

500px-Draugr.png

You're lucky; I am usually not so accommodating to "guests" of my abode.  Oh, watch your step - that particular tile drops boulders from the ceiling and they are a pain to pick up.

As I was saying I am less friendly towards other "guests" but they are usually in here to ransack my home and kill me in my sleep.  That is why I keep a strict training regimen to be in top shape.  I don't have the youth exuberance I once did just a thousand years ago, but I can tell a difference with my body with regular exercise.  

I usually twice a week practice my martial skills.  Not only does it keep me proficient in combat, I also mix in some cardio and muscle-training with it.  Other than that I also do two more exercises a week, usually going for a jog in the lower catacombs.  One of my current goals is to add in another day of strength training on top of what I'm already doing.  When you are wielding millennia-old weaponry, splitting a bandit's head open is less about the sharpness of the blade and more about core strength.  Plus, have you tried swinging around a two-handed war axe; they are really heavy.  

I also need to get in top shape as I have heard there is a Dragonborn burglarizing every tomb, cave, and fort he comes across.  Why he is randomly entering tombs and caves and not doing Dragonborn stuff like saving the world is beyond me.  But I got to be prepared if he enters.  Now, I've all heard is rumors so far, and each seems to contradict the last.  Some say he is a strong Nord.  Other times I have heard him described as an Orc mage.  I've even heard that he is a cute Anime.  I've never even heard of the Anime race; a lot must have changed since I last was outside.  I mean, some crazy fool was suggesting that Skyrim was a tropical paradise now which I just cannot fathom.    

Regardless, one common element in all these rumors is that the Dragonborn is just going around Fus-Ro-Dah'ing any and everything he comes across.  I've heard that he has even Fus Ro Dah'ed his companions and sometimes corpses off of cliffs!  If true, he is one twisted freak.  But if he thinks he is going to come into here and just Fus-Ro-Dah me into the Planes of Oblivion he has got another think coming.  My goal is twice a week, outside of my usual stretching when practicing combat, to do some serious stretching.  This body isn't too flexible at the moment, but I'm getting there.  A good loose and limber body is the only way to survive being rag-dolled around the room. 

You hungry?  We got some food and drinks in the sacks and barrels over there.  Don't worry about leaving some for me; they replenish themselves every week or so.  Rather amazing now that I think about it.  No one has been these deep into this tomb in hundreds of years and yet I still have fresh produce.  That actually reminds me of my other goals.  I am trying to eat better.  As you might suspect my metabolism as an undead isn't what it was back when I was a sprightly young Nord.  I mean I could eat nothing but sweet rolls (there is a reason they are the most stolen food in all of Tamriel), but I should be eating the apples and carrots and what-not.  And I also love skeever bacon and fried troll fat as much as the next guy, but I need to focus on healthier meals.  And I know it is sacrilegious to say here in Skyrim, but I do need to limit how much Alto Wine and Black-Briar Mead I drink.

You want to know what I do for fun?  Well I have an extensive library just this way.  Please excuse the mess though; the place is really unorganized.  I've been meaning to organize everything in my library for centuries now.  In fact that is one of my current goals.  I want to add to my library but only after I've categorized everything I already own.  I mean, who wants to read The Song of Pelinal after reading The Lusty Argonian Maid.  

Well that'll end our discussion today.  I look forward to our next chat.  Try not to die from frostbite venom till then.

• Like 3

Level 5 Shapeshifter Monk

STR 10.75   :   DEX 7.5  :   STA 8.5   :   CON 5   :   WIS 7.5   :   CHA 7

Challenge: I am an Avenger

Past: 1st, Draugr, Super-hero, Rocky

A soon-to-be married Kung Fu enthusiast  

This 6 week challenge inspired by:

Training+in+skyrim.+++20+and+I+will+uplo

About me:

I am a recently employed lawyer, though the job isn't one I love but it works for what I need right now.  For the past several years I have been constantly fighting a losing battle with my beer belly.  I've started getting healthier as of a few months by signing up for Northern Shaolin Kung Fu classes that meet twice a week and practice outdoors in the hot and humid weather.  This class further inspired me to start working out more regularly and my girlfriend has noticed a difference in my physique.  But my beer belly has remained.  

Last challenge I did quite well, regularly exercising 4 times a week, passing my sash-test in Kung Fu, and snacking much healthier.   And I found employment, at least for the interim.  

Main quest: Lose the beer belly, and gain strength and flexibility.  

Quest 1: Do 1 strength-training a week outside of Kung Fu (+2 STR, +1 STA)

I can definitely tell I've gotten more muscle since we've started doing circuit training in Kung Fu, but my core is still weak.  The ab-set we do in Kung Fu I still struggle with but I want to get better

A: 6 weeks with extra strength training

B: 5 weeks with extra strength training

C: 4 weeks with extra strength training

D: 3 weeks with extra strength training

Quest 2: Do extensive stretching twice a week outside of Kung Fu (+2 DEX)

My flexiblity sucks.  Always has.  I'm planning on changing that.  Last six weeks I for the first time could touch my toes while standing and keeping my knees bent.  Time to take it to the next level

A: 6 weeks with twice-a-week stretching

B: 5 weeks with twice-a-week stretching

C: 4 weeks with twice-a-week stretching

D: 3 weeks with twice-a-week stretching

Quest 3: Rule of 4 with my food: no more than 4 bad-snacks, 4 bad-meals, and 4 alcoholic beverages a week (+2 CON, +1 CHA)

Last challenge I limited my bad-snacks and I know eat much healthier between meals.  But my belly did not shrink because my meals and alcohol consumption was too high.  The hardest part here is going to be the alcohol as after Kung Fu class we all hit up a bar and I've often had 2-3 beers each time.  

A: Average 4 or less in all three categories

B: Average more than 4 in only one category, and less than 4 or less in all others

C: Average more than 4 in two categories, and less than 4 or less in the other

Life Quest: Spend 3 hours a week organizing my (music) library (+1 WIS, +1 CHA)

Music?!?  What, you thought I was talking about books?  So I love having lots of playlists to listen to so I can just pick a mood and listen to hours of music.  Unfortunately lots of my playlists are incomplete and my music uncategorized.  And I really want to add new music to my library; one of the benefits of my current job is the ability to listen to music.  I have discovered so much new music (suggestion: check out the artist Reign of Kindo, they are like jazz and rock combined) but I do not want to add to my library until I've got what I've got under control.

A: Average 3 hours a week organizing music

B: Average 2.5-2.99 hours a week organizing music

C: Average 2-2.49 hours a week organizing music

D: Average 1-1.99 hours a week organizing music

• Like 4

Awesome challenge! And that comic cracked me up even though I don't know the game it's from. XD

Subbed, and can't wait to see you crush your goals and the puny humans!! (Or, rather, Dragonborn!)

Vicki | Sheikah Bard | Level 13

STR 32.5 | DEX 51.1 | STA 25.5 | CON 37.1 | WIS 26.0 | CHA 31.3

blkhoe24601 Gains the Power to Revolutionize the World

Past Challenges: 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13

2016 Battle Log

Hey I took a look back at your last challenge and am her to cheer you on this time!

Glad you found some employment I even if it's not an ideal sitch.

I love your write up and am impressed by your goals! Good luck!

• Like 1

LEVEL 2 | HALF DWARF | ADVENTURER

STR 6 | DEX 2 | STA 5 | CON 4 | WIS 6.5 | CHA 1

WEEK 1:

Exercises: Running + Stretching (1/2)

Bad-Snacks (0/4), Bad-Meals (0/4), Alcohol (0/4)                     

Yesterday I wasn't certain if I'd get a run in.  I was still bruised and sore from a waterskiing trip the day before and I was constantly hungry throughout the day yesterday.  So minutes before leaving I watched this to keep me motivated:  

So I got home, quickly dressed into running wear, my VFFs, put on some music, did quick stretches and went on the best run I've had for years!  I ran almost the full two miles in my VFF!  Usually I walk a good chunk but yesterday I was on fire.  Then I got home and did 20 minutes of rigorous stretching.  Overall a great day.  Today however will be a much-needed day of rest.

So I listen to music at work.  It is nice searching and finding new music.  One new artist I recently found was Reign of Kindo.  They a mixture of jazz, rock, and pop - like a very clean jam band.  Check them out:

Do you guys have suggestions of artists to listen to?  I will listen to all styles (and I mean it).  I would much appreciate suggestions.  

• Like 1

Hail Jaex! What a lovely dungeon you have :) and a great set of goals too!

Check out my character here!

Previous challenges: one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, sixteen, seventeen, eighteen, nineteen,

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain.

Anything and Everything by The Gaslight Anthem. I love it all. Most people compare them to Dylan and Springsteen. It's easy listening and suits most kinds of moods

I've been introduced to The Gaslight Anthem.  They have some really great stuff.  Great music for a cloudy days, which wouldn't you know it, it is today.  Definitely will listen to this for a bit today.  So thanks for the reminder

If you like a lot of genres, you should check out Twelve Food Ninja (just make sure you listen for at least a full minute   B)

Well you've got me!  That was hilarious.  I put it on in the background thinking, oh, this is some metal music.  And then...well you know.   Hilarious!  Definitely will have to share this on some unsuspecting people.

• Like 1

Love your challenge, the write up is fantastic and the comic strip had me in stitches 

Hey Jaex, loving the challenge! Great to have you aboard

Awesome challenge! And that comic cracked me up even though I don't know the game it's from. XD

Subbed, and can't wait to see you crush your goals and the puny humans!! (Or, rather, Dragonborn!)

Hey I took a look back at your last challenge and am her to cheer you on this time!

Glad you found some employment I even if it's not an ideal sitch.

I love your write up and am impressed by your goals! Good luck!

Good to see you again, Jaex!  Loved the challenge intro, and looking forward to rooting you on this challenge!

Here you are! 

Love the challenge, and the write up. :panda:

I look forward to seeing your progress again! ^.^

Hail Jaex! What a lovely dungeon you have :) and a great set of goals too!

Welcome old friends as well as new.  My dungeon is open to all.  Just be mindful of the traps and spiders.  And if you see any bandits, please dispatch them with haste.  But if you see a Dragonborn, leave him to me.

• Like 1

Ah, what a lovely tomb you have, good Draugr! (I don't know much about Norse mythology, but I am aware of the draugr! Super fierce!) Best of luck to you on your goals! They seem very solid and I'm sure you'll do quite well when that pesky Dragon-Born loses any sense of logic and breaks into your tomb. I pity the fool... but not really.

Best of luck!!

Level 4, Amazon Ranger

Current Challenge:  NicBot-5000 enters Recovery Mode

Previous Challenges: 12, 3,  4, 5, 6

PRE REBOOT CHALLENGES: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Various links and sundry: Battle log, Respawn post

Love the motivational video. ^.^

Do you guys have suggestions of artists to listen to?  I will listen to all styles (and I mean it).  I would much appreciate suggestions.  

I like to listen to Nujabes when I'm at work. Modal Soul is my favorite, although interestingly, I don't listen to his music outside of work at all. ^.^

• Like 1

Level 2 - Wood Elf - Ranger 

STR : 2 | DEX : 2 | STA : 5 | CON : 3 | WIS : 3 | CHA : 2

Challenges: #1, Current - #2

My Triathlon Training Logs: #1, #2

I like to listen to Nujabes when I'm at work. Modal Soul is my favorite, although interestingly, I don't listen to his music outside of work at all. ^.^

Nujabes is amazing!  His luv (sic.) part 3 is perhaps the most hauntingly beautiful hip-hop song I've heard.  It is a tragedy he died so young.  

• Like 1

Best. Theme. Ever.

Subbed love the theme

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome and thanks for the compliments.  I decided I wanted to have a little fun and give me a theme.  A unique one that will let me do some humorous things and pique people's interest in my thread

WEEK 1:

Exercises: Running + Stretching (1/2)

Bad-Snacks (1/4), Bad-Meals (0/4), Alcohol (0/4)                     

Blargh - so that pain in my ankles after water skiing (and crashing) might be more than just a bruise.  Going to rest the ankle up since it hurt like the dickens yesterday.  But that means missing Kung Fu which is a real bummer.  But have to be smart and listen to my body.  Guess I won't go out drinking afterwards either so the alcohol count won't climb today (probably).  

Had a bad-snack yesterday - chocolate chip cookies.  And this morning I decided to give myself a treat - a birthday cake smoothie.  Not sure if it counts as a bad-meal.  What do you guys think?  It has plain greek yogurt, spinach, banana, unsweetened almond milk, vanilla extract, and funfetti cookie mix.  

And lets keep the music suggestion theme going.  Yesterday I listened to all suggestions given in this thread and ended up listening to all of The Gaslight Anthem's library (thanks ItsDaniel).   Today, I want to introduce you to an artist from Mali that I love - Habib Koite.  Absolutely great music to relax to.  This first song, Mali Ba, is one of my favorite songs EVER (and no I have no idea what he is singing about):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5KbSjgPtYM

And a really happy sounding song (again, he could be singing about genocide for all I know), Fimani:

So what music suggestions do y'all have?  These work days are long and listening to new music keeps me sane.   And is my birthday cake smoothie a 'bad-meal'?  

• Like 1

You gotta listen to this, literally amazed

Amazing.  My first thought was "this guy is quite good, but I want to hear do someone like Frank Sinatra.  And then he did.  And quite well.  I'm impressed and definitely will share this with some of my good friends and my girlfriend (she likes "In the End."  

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines