Aerinity's quest to join the X-men.

Aerinity

Hooah!

A quick run down of what's supposed to go on about this place in here.

43 hours working out or bust: Spend at least 43 hours of time working out over the course of the next 6 weeks. This will consist of:

• 45% cardio
  • 35% weights
  • 20% "other"

"Other" is allowed to consist of: Additional cardio or weights, calisthenics/body weight work outs (will probably try to focus on this), at least 1 class (probably yoga so that I can actually get a point in Dex this time around :|), or whatever else that may come up over the course of the next six weeks. I would aim for 48hrs, but I'll be on vacation for half of this week, and while I plan on working out this week, I don't think I can get a full 8hrs in this week. >.<

For the time/ratio lay out above this will break down into:

• 19.35 hours cardio
  • 15.05 hours weights
  • 8.6 hours "other"

I'm okay with K: GET MORE POTASSIUM IN YOUR DIET DUMMY! It became pretty clear my last challenge that this is a vital nutrient that I do not regularly get enough of. Especially, with my tendency towards high sodium eating patterns. Thus this challenge, I am going to learn even more about it than previously, and work towards including higher levels of intake in my diet so that I can - at least - meet minimum requirements daily, if not go over in order to better counter act sodium issues.

"Go the f**k to sleep": A sleep goal seemed to help with life in general last challenge, so here's another one to see if I can keep it up. The goal this time is to be in bed, with lights out 7hrs before I have to wake up at least 5 nights a week. Once again a challenge due to insomnia issues.

Life Goal: Read half a book & Complete 15 more sections Project Management training. This time, don't screw around and save it all until the last week of the challenge too. :|

Reward: Hell if I know.

Other stuff will probably be tossed in here later, but I'm just blitzing through this write up before getting slammed by work before vacation. >.<

• Like 2

Race: Alive | Class: Ranger | Level: 7 | STATS: Whoops~ (Yes, that's totally a stat! I checked, I swear!... >.>)

Understand that everyone needs time. Understand that everyone deserves patience. Understand that healing, and change take countless seconds, minutes and hours before real health of body and mind can be obtained at all.

"Everything lost is meant to be found."

Becoming a part of the X-men: #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 | #6 | Current

Today's efforts:

Cardio: 35 mins

Weights: 33mins

K: Doubling up on bananas to help assure this is a thing that happens.

Sleep: We'll see!

Life goal: Gonna read some during lunch.

Race: Alive | Class: Ranger | Level: 7 | STATS: Whoops~ (Yes, that's totally a stat! I checked, I swear!... >.>)

Understand that everyone needs time. Understand that everyone deserves patience. Understand that healing, and change take countless seconds, minutes and hours before real health of body and mind can be obtained at all.

All the sleep and bananas! Haha :D best of luck with the challenge dude, if you need help with ideas for the "other" section hit me up, i love getting people to contort themselves into weird poses and positions and do all sorts of fun stuff...

In a completely pg way of course >.>

It's the moose on the inside that counts.

All the sleep and bananas! Haha :D best of luck with the challenge dude, if you need help with ideas for the "other" section hit me up, i love getting people to contort themselves into weird poses and positions and do all sorts of fun stuff...

In a completely pg way of course >.>

I'm gonna be a fucking monkey by the time this challenge is done with how I'm gonna eat I feel like.

Only in PG ways? Oh darn, you're ruining all my fun~

Hopes and dreams, shattered and broken~ Boo-hoo~

ohai thar~ :love_heart:

ohai! I feel like we never talk... Which I'm sure is at least 80% my fault. How are you? How is life? Maaya sent me pics from the color run, it looks like you had fun, eh?

ohai! I feel like we never talk... Which I'm sure is at least 80% my fault. How are you? How is life? Maaya sent me pics from the color run, it looks like you had fun, eh?

Takes two to communicate, so let's go 50/50? :love_heart:  I'm doing great! Life is busy chaotic because work/moving/rehearsals but good. ^_^  How are things for you? And the color run was a lot of fun! I want to do it again next year~

Vicki | Sheikah Bard | Level 13

STR 32.5 | DEX 51.1 | STA 25.5 | CON 37.1 | WIS 26.0 | CHA 31.3

blkhoe24601 Gains the Power to Revolutionize the World

Past Challenges: 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13

2016 Battle Log

Takes two to communicate, so let's go 50/50? :love_heart:  I'm doing great! Life is busy chaotic because work/moving/rehearsals but good. ^_^  How are things for you? And the color run was a lot of fun! I want to do it again next year~

Touche! Things are a mixed bag between the chaos that is prepping work for leaving for vacay and a new housemate that I did not want to move in, moving in, but eh, that's life.

Hey, if you had fun I don't see any reason why you shouldn't! You know, barring extraneous circumstances and all.

Ha!  I did not know this was up, but found you!

Subbed! :love_heart:

Just went up this morning. Had it all thought out, just not written up. So I jotted it down before the work crunch.

oh im sure we can fix that...

Oh hoho~ threatening me with a good time now, eh?

I think your goals are cool and your whole first post made me laugh. Will follow for sure.

Well hey! I do ways try to be goo for at least some modicum of entertainment, so mission accomplished!

Work out: None... Unless I wanted to count carrying my two bags of luggage since I don't do rolling stuff (probably about 40lbs if I had a guess? One hiking bag, and one large messenger bag). IDK, traveling, yo. I feel like I could technically count this as like... Some time endurance hiking but.... Eh. I haven't been paying attention how long I've been lugging stuff around so I'll say it doesn't count.

Sleep: Bahahahahahahahah sdgkhfajkfd;shg #nopenopenope (For last night that is - Travel excitement/anxiety set in)

K: Ok! Two banana's into the day... Though since I've been up since 4am and have had a lot of moving around I should probably have eaten more food in general than I have... Whoops. Though, my stomach is funny right now, so I'll eat when I get to Vegas. This is more or less what I expected to happen though.

Life goal: I read a chapter yesterday (need 15 to complete half the book I'm currently poking at), and I'll probably try to read on the plane, but.... I don't actually know if I can read on a plane? I know I can't read in a car, but.... While they are both moving forms of transit, they are quite different in the feeling they present while in movement.

ANYWAY. HI. BOARDING NOW!

PS: doing calf raises while waiting in lines with 40lbs of off center luggage is an interesting test. I can mostly do them too !

Coconut water is good for potassium too!!

Ah-ha! Good to know! I tried it once and wasn't too fond of the stuff, but maybe I'll give it a go again just to test this theory of me not liking it/if it's high enough in potassium I might just suck it up and do it anyway.

Enjoy vacation!

Thank you!

Tuesday: Traveling.

Wed-Fri: Walked about 10 miles (or more) a day but not counting that towards any goals.

Saturday: Traveling again~

Today:

Cardio: 70

Weights: 40

K: Not over. Bad self, bad. :|

Sleep (last night): 10hrs

Weekly round up!

Cardio: 1hr 45mins

Weights: 1hr 13mins

"Other": 0 mins. Bad self. :|

K: Over 2 days this week (not holding it against myself because well, vacation)

Sleep: Made it two nights this week (once again not holding it against myself because vacation in Las Vegas of all places)

Life Goal: 5 chapters of my book read! 10 to go! All 15 sections of PMP training to go thought. Urgh. Need to get started on that.

Anyway, here's something that entertained me greatly today: 

turtle-cavalry_o_2945635.jpg

• Like 1

wooo vegas vacation! hope you're having a blast dude, want to see allllll the photos :D

Unfortunately, due to my own discomfort/cognitive dissonance with what I see in the mirror vs what I feel like I should see AND my own other personal issues with my perceptions of my own physical attractiveness I'm actually fairly uncomfortable with pictures. I really should get over myself, and I do want to, because I know they're important to remembering parts of your life but I... Am not fully there yet. I am trying to work on it, it's just... Hard.

*cackles*

The turtles to put the TMNT to shame. :lol:

IDK man, IDK... I mean, the TMNT beat up a lot more than a couple measly crocodiles in their adventures!

Mon:

Cardio: 57mins

Weights: 20mins

"Other": None, GDI SELF.
K: Over!!! However, not really enough over considering I went out to sushi with a coworker. My sodium, ahahahahahah... /sobs

Sleep: 7hrs!

Life Goal: None since I ended up busy basically from wake up to sleep due to this being the first day back/fully functional. 

Tues:

Cardio: 60mins

Weights: 22mins

"Other":   None. GDI.

K:   Way over! And my sodium wasn't high enough to make me feel like this wasn't good enough! :D

Sleep:  

nailed_it-s240x320-227191.jpg

Life Goal: Another day of going out straight from waking up until sitting down to dinner that night. Urgh.

Weds:

Cardio: None yet. (40mins planned for tonight)

Weights: None yet. (20mins planned for tonight)

"Other": 30mins! Balance/core strength work.   

K:   If things go as planned (I have planned out all my meals for the day, what?) I should be acceptably over for my potassium/sodium ratio imo.

Sleep:   TBD, but I'm so GD tired this week that I can't imagine this'll really be an issue.

Life Goal: GDI, I'm gonna start up my PMP training right now. :|

I picked up some coconut water as was suggested to help with potassium. Still don't like the taste of the stuff, and it's messing up my water intake some (I haven't been drinking as much water in the past couple days since starting this?) but, for the calorie/potassium ratio benefit, the taste isn't horrible enough to make me want to dump the option either. So... I'll keep it up for at least the duration of the challenge and maybe longer on if I can adapt to it. I mean, 26% of daily recommend potassium intake for 100 cals? That's not bad at all. Better than a banana at least, and with the calorie dip I just took after playing around with my MFP account settings, I'm gonna need all the high nutrient/lower cal options I can get. /sigh

Also, I'm still struggling with fats? I eat cashews and avocado like... Daily almost but... I eat lots of fruits and veggies which tend not to have much. Last night Pistachio ice cream was my best friend though. Maybe I ought to look into things like that more often for the fats/calorie ratio? I mean, IDK. I just feel like the level of fats I'd need vs the amount I'm getting is pretty drastic right now. Thoughts anyone/suggestions?

And because of the show Cirque show KA, I feel like this needs to go here.

938aedd78aa87dd179418122b3ac000f.jpg

• Like 1

I won't lie. With how exhausted I am this week, I feel a little overwhelmed by my own challenge goals. This is gonna suck (and not in the fun/happy way), but hey, that's half the fun, right?

funny-turtle-pictures-with-words-4.jpg

I have the pic of this turtle trying to eat a strawberry on my comp at work. No "Challenge Accepted" text on the work comp image, but hey, close enough. xD

Also, I was proud of myself for semi-fixing a problem with my car today in about 20mins. I managed to remove the problem causing part (non-vital for car functionality) and found a replacement part online (front end engine splash guard/shield) for about $35 shipped. I'm debating if I want to hold off on ordering it until I'm about to take my car in for an oil change and then ask the oil changer to do it, or if I should just order the damn thing and prop my car up again and bolt it up in there. I may need to also find some replacement bolts/washers as when I took the damaged engine splash guard off my car earlier it looked like there were some connection points where it attached into the undercarriage of the car where bolts/washers had most likely gone missing. Which, I know is a common issue since it probably has to be taken off every time I get an oil change, and as much as I do love a lot of the mechanics I've met in my life, I know they're not always the most careful with non-vital parts.

The only issue I have with doing it myself is I while I have gear to prop my car up, I don't have the proper equipment to block the tires to assure prop up stability, which makes me really nervous climbing under my car since it's propped up on fairly basic car jack that came with my car when I bought it and the last thing I need is something jerking that wrong and 2000lbs of car coming down on my chest. I'm wondering if I used my hydraulic lift if it'd be more stable though. I'll have to check it out after I get some oil for the hydraulic lift as I know that needs to be re-greased.

Though, maybe I'm just being really paranoid. I. D. K.

Ngl, tempted to buy a set of these like my dad used to have for when he worked on his cars while I was growing up:

0000000036259.jpg

With the dip for the ties to sit in, they seem like they'd be pretty stable? Though my concern then would be getting the ties up into them. Maybe concrete blocks on the flat side for extra weight? IDK.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines