Paradigm Completes A Challenge

Paradigm

Hi there!

So I've been super flake the last few challenges due to life being a bit of a bitch. I mentioned that we were back in the UK now, and were dealing with some family issues. Unfortunately a member of the family passed away, the one we came back to the UK for. So we're reeling a bit. But with his passing, our time is much freed up because we had been spending so much time caring for him. I am devastated he's gone, but I am trying to use my time more for fixing things now. 

Now, I have settled in to the UK, I have started working out again and managing my eating already, which means I likely won't have to step out of the challenge like the last couple. 

My Main Quest:

My main quest is to get to 135lbs in total. My weight went up with all the stress and overngihts at hospitals, which means I'm unfortunately starting from where I was months ago. I've put all the weight back on. I'm upset about it, but that's ok, it's rectifiable. 

3 Goals for This Challenge:

1) Get down to 180lbs. - I went back up to 200 last month due to the drama, traveling, stress, and hospital visits. Now I have gone right back into weight loss mode and am working my way back down to the 180s. 

2) Completely stop drinking coca-cola again - Another back track. I have already started cutting this out, but I have started reducing again. By the end of the challenge I want to be off of the sugary ambrosia and back to water.

3) Keep up the momentum - A lot of times, the problem is that I lose a day and give up. So my goal is to do something every day. Not full workouts, not anything special every day. Just something. 

Side Quest:

Get 4,000 in savings by end of challenge - As many people know, my husband and I spent the last year and a half, getting close to two years now, travelling and finding our way to spend our lives together as we are from different countries. We had paid off our debt, and finally gotten into a comfortable financial place, when we made our move back to the UK. The UK, once again, did not follow EU law and caused us all sorts of grief before letting us in but cost us our cushion of 2k in buffer we had saved. We weren't too worried. But then our ex employers decided to drag out our final pay of 3k. Which dwindled us down even more. We're not in a bad place, but getting the savings back up gets us out of my husband's mothers place where we are staying now (to get money back up) and into our own place. This shouldn't be a problem to hit, which is why it's a good challenge. Just keeps me on track and not buying silly things. 

Current Stats:

Weight: 200.7lbs
BF%: 33.8%
Rib: 36"
Waist: 35"
Hips: 43.5"
Chest: 42.5"
Right Thigh: 27"
Left Thigh: 27"
Right Calf: 17"
Left Calf" 17"
Ankles: 9"
Wrists: 6"
Left Upper Arm: 15.5"
Right Upper Arm: 16"
Neck: 15"
Shoulders: 46"

• Like 4

Lvl. 10 Half-Elf Assassin

My Current Challenge

My Daily Battle Log

Sorry about the death in your family. Glad you are here though!

Thanks, Elastigirl. We knew it was coming, it just was expected to take a long time not happen in 10 days... so we were a bit thrown. It's going to sound maybe bad, but we all feel it was better it was fast even though we miss him. Because if it had happened long term he would have just been suffering. Which isn't good. 

Can't wait to follow along on your stuff too though, you superwoman you!

You are gonna rock this challenge, I know it!

Thanks Waldgeist! I hope I do :D I need to come visit your thread!

My Current Challenge

My Daily Battle Log

So yesterday went pretty well! I went for a run (well, it was more of a fast walk with some jogging) in the park. We live near this massive park called Heaton Park. It's lovely and there's a man made lake in it, so I went the quiet route around it. Normally the park is heaving with people on sunny days, but with kids just back to school and the shops inside the park closed because of that, it was so quiet. I only encountered 10ish people my entire route through there. 

I have some problems with self esteem, in that I am scared of going to gyms or going running because I'm scared people will look at me and judge me. I know it's silly, because when I see obviously overweight people running I think "Good going, keep trying you'll rock it!" But then I think people will think I'm a whale or something and judge me that I should never have gained weight. So anyways I usually won't go unless my hubby is with me. But I decided that I need to get over that on my own so I went on a c25k run yesterday by myself in the park. The sun was shining, which is very rare in Manchester and I had a surprisingly good time, even though I really was anxious about not encountering people the whole time. 

Allergies: Today I am suffering quite a bit from allergies, but I've noticed they are a lot worse at this house I assume from the mold I suspect is in the walls.

Sleep: Kai and I went to bed at 10:30 last night and woke up at 7:30. The difference in my levels of energy is seriously noticeable.

Steps in c25k workout: 5,300
Distance: 2.7 miles

Later I went to meet my mister at the train station when he comes home from work. And that upped my step count to over my 6k goal for yesterday. 

Total Steps for Day: 8,511

Calories Burnt (including regular burn rate of body): 2,298 calories

Calories Eaten: 1,537

Miles Walked: 4.37 miles

I'm trying to keep on top of these metrics since they help me feel like I'm achieving things and they're actually measurable. I feel pumped and I'm looking forward to doing my yoga today, which is fun because I haven't been excited to exercise in a long time. 

I leave you with a photo of the lake on my run

• Like 2

My Current Challenge

My Daily Battle Log

That looks so lovely! Might even make me go running ;) Or not, probably not. 

I think that everyone probably does think positive things when they see you exercising. And if not? Well f*ck them, they don't know you and have zero basis for judging. 

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: KB Girl puts down the phone

2023 Battle Log: over here

my instagram - my gym's instagram

Welcome back to the UK!

Why thank you :)

Welcome back Paradigm! Sorry about the death, but I'm glad you're at least finally back home. 

Kudos for going out training on your own! :D

Thanks Hatter! I'm glad to be back too. :D 

It also means I can start making plans to visit all the other Europeans finally! WOo hoo!

Life happens. You may have taken a few steps back, but you seem to have bounced back immediately. Good luck on this challenge and my condolences for your loss.

Thanks DarK RaideR! I'm trying to bounce back, but definitely takes some work. Will need to check out your thread. 

That looks so lovely! Might even make me go running ;) Or not, probably not. 

I think that everyone probably does think positive things when they see you exercising. And if not? Well f*ck them, they don't know you and have zero basis for judging. 

KB Girl, what if we threw in some bouldering? :P 

I hope that they don't judge negatively, because people are scary lol. I've noticed after all the drama in Malta I've retreated a bit in on myself again, so I'm trying to counter that by forcing myself out of it. Hopefully tomorrow's run is as quiet! 

• Like 1

My Current Challenge

My Daily Battle Log

that's a lovely lake, and welcome back! also, I'm sorry for your loss.

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

Welcome back to the challenge scene, Paradigm! I'm glad you went for your run anyway. No one is judging you for working out! If anything, seeing runners makes people want to work out more themselves. I love the picture (and now I am totally going to follow you on Instagram).

NO ZERO DAYS~ Such a good way to approach a challenge, I think. 

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Allergies: My hayfever is really bad the last couple of days, yay hayfever time of the year! So it sucks, it's interfering with my sleeping/running since so much phlegm. Lovely thought right? Lol

Sleep: Been focusing on my sleep a lot recently, as well as water intake. And I've noticed a marked increase in energy when I get more sleep, which is obvious. But I'm still very lethargic in the mornings. I think that roughly a year of having really messed up sleep has given me a sleep deficit or something. I know there's debate about whether or not there is such a thing. But the more I'm giving myself access to more rest, the better I'm feeling during the day. And I'm hoping after a few more weeks of this I can go back to a more regular, normal person amount of sleep and still feel rested. But the way I'm out like a light and how fast I'm asleep, my body definitely needs this TLC.

Yoga: It was a 25 minute long video, I got to minute 15 because a dog was interfering. And as this is not my house there was nothing I could do to disuade the dog. It was the only place in the house I could do the yoga lol. So anyways, I did most of it except the cool down so I did my own cool down in a different spot. But I'm so not bendy like I used to be, I FELT it during those 15 minutes. But in a good way. I love yoga, seriously love it. Going to try to see if I can maybe do today's in the park or something so no dog interference. 

Later I went to meet my mister at the train station when he comes home from work, which got me to most of my 6k step count, but I didn't push myself to go over it since it wasn't a walking day. 

Total Steps for Day: 4,182

Calories Burnt (including regular burn rate of body): 2,188 calories

Calories Eaten: 1,589

Miles Walked: 1.97 miles

So I was tracking my food too, but since I can't really control my eating too too much in this house, I'm not being neurotic about it. I'm within calorie count, though and I'm a little upset there isn't more in the way of protein. But in order to buy protein to up my intake I kind of feel like I need to share with the entire house here, and that's far too expensive. So I think I may get a protein powder of some sort. Since no one will want to take any of that off of me and I can sub out a meal. I also was bad and ate a crunchie bar yesterday. But that's ok, I'm not beating myself up over it. Just won't be having one today!

Daily Totals

Calories

Fat

49.1 g

Fiber

16.4 g

Carbs

163.2 g

Sodium

2535.6 mg

Protein

48.8 g

Water

80 fl oz

My Current Challenge

My Daily Battle Log

that's a lovely lake, and welcome back! also, I'm sorry for your loss.

Thanks karinajean! Happy to be back. 

Welcome back to the challenge scene, Paradigm! I'm glad you went for your run anyway. No one is judging you for working out! If anything, seeing runners makes people want to work out more themselves. I love the picture (and now I am totally going to follow you on Instagram).

NO ZERO DAYS~ Such a good way to approach a challenge, I think. 

Thanks, Raptron! Welcome back yourself :P And I love people following on instagram, where I pretend to take artsy photos haha. I do think the no zero days is the only way I'm going to make this a habit. And it's only when it's habit I'll keep it up. So, no rest for the tired! 

But you did actually do them both, so congratulations!

I did, but I feel like I could try harder with both of them. I guess it's just good I went though haha. And I'm sore so I dind't slack maybe as much as I thought I did!

Thank you :D

You know what will make it better? MOAR running an MOAR yoga. :)

Hatter, you're making it harder for me to weasel my way out of running today >< Lol

Bouldering? Sure I'm in ^^

Yay! When I can work my way over to your side of Europe we're totally doing that!

My Current Challenge

My Daily Battle Log

Getting the protein powder sounds like a solid idea, I have tried a few in my time and found the ones from The Protein Works to be good value and have the tastiest flavours. They helped me to beat my sweet tooth, When it kicked in I had one of those instead. I'm a big chap so one doesn't quite make a meal for me, but I like to whizz together the Rocky Road protein powder with a banana and an egg and then that does the trick for breakfast

Going to give a mid day update because I feel like it. Lol

Absolutely did not want to go for a run or do anything of any use today. I'm tired, I'm sore, and I just didn't want to. But how am I supposed to win the challenge if I dont!? So I went to the park. The biggest thing for me is making myself get out the door. Once I'm out the door even if I'm right beside the house I feel like it'd be a waste of the effort of getting out of the house haha. So I went to the park, went for my run. I realized that I maybe thought I did so bad last time and was struggling so hard because I had accidently left my c25k app on day one of week 4... so... that could explain that. I set it back to day one of week one and had a much easier time of things. I still couldn't do it 100%, being honest. But about 3 months now of basically nothing ruined all that progress from Malta. I'm not even phased. The fitbit I wear actually tracks your pace per each mile, so I can see where I'm doing good and track my pace per mile which is damned cool. So I can actually see improvement since Monday in my pacing and distance. Happy about that. 

So... stats?

Allergies: Allergies are once again pretty bad, but that's expected at this time of the year and there's mould in the house we're in so my allergies are on hyperdrive. It's unpleasant and causes headaches, but I'm dealing with it. 

Sleep: Went to bed at 11:00ish last night, had a decent night sleep and was up at 7:30. I wanted to be in bed another like half an hour but the cat was having none of it. I didn't feel as rested from last nights sleep, so I think 8am is likely the time I'm happiest getting up. Going to test this theory tomorrow. 

Steps in c25k workout: 4,917
Distance: 2.85 miles

Calories Burnt during exercise: 270 calories

Overall I'm pretty happy with this... because it's such a nice feeling to see some sort of improvement. It took me less steps, which means I'm getting further with the jogs, so that's it. I'm looking forward to Friday and seeing how it goes then. Maybe there will be improvement again. I'm also going to do my yoga day 1 over again today because I genuinely couldn't finish it due to dog interference yesterday. Maybe I can find a tiny bit of space elsewhere in the house to do it. Hmm...

Since I like sharing, here are some more photos of the pretty park. 

• Like 2

My Current Challenge

My Daily Battle Log

Haha good, that's what we're here for. :D

Ugggghhh I blame you for my legs being so sore now ;) But I went! And thank you, nudges help because I'm lazy lol

Getting the protein powder sounds like a solid idea, I have tried a few in my time and found the ones from The Protein Works to be good value and have the tastiest flavours. They helped me to beat my sweet tooth, When it kicked in I had one of those instead. I'm a big chap so one doesn't quite make a meal for me, but I like to whizz together the Rocky Road protein powder with a banana and an egg and then that does the trick for breakfast

Yeah I think protein powder is the way to work it. No one else in this house but my husband likes working out, so no one else will want to eat it! So it's safe and I don't have to pay to feed them. Not that I mind, but, I am not financially capable of feeding people who can feed themselves lol.

I'm hoping I can get into making juicing or smoothies or something to ease my love of coke as well, because going straight to water is hard for me, as I hate the taste of water. 

My Current Challenge

My Daily Battle Log

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines