kzacher | Rise from Death to Knife this Beast

Buff Brogan

Hi all, this challenge I’m doing something a little different. I’m trying to do an RPG revolving around exercise.  Each week I will have objectives I’ll try to complete. If I succeed the story will progress one way, if I fail, it will go another. Not quite the same as rolling dice, but it should be interesting. I’m also up for critiques and suggestions on where I should go or do.

Verrzinek felt his plan was coming together nicely. Soon he’d unleash his “pet†on the realm of men, worms to Verrzinek.

Lesok had been feigning his compliance and mental defeat for so long he couldn’t count the days. He had never given up though. He’d focused every moment on training his body, preparing it for his greatest battle. His ruse was beginning to pay off as Verrzinek’s minions seldom attached his shackles when he was returned to his cell after his “training sessions†with the great demon.

Lesok had taken as many mental notes of the layout of this citadel, as he truly had no clue where he was, all he knew was he had to escape. Lesok shared a cell with many other men and women that had been trapped and brought to the Void. This cell was littered with stalagmites and stalactites and had what appeared to be an old iron gate that could only be raised or lowered with what appeared to be blood stains on the bottom. On the outside of the gate was a long corridor that had a few other cells, various doors that led…somewhere. At the end of the hall 4 guards stand watch outside of a large stone door. Lesok, had always been blindfolded before proceeding beyond there. “gotta start somewhere†he mused.

Lesok’s first week tasks: lift the gate, run/or sneak the hall, fight and kill the guards

Meanings:

1.    Lift the gate = deadlifts(min of 30reps or 5500 total poundage lifted) or hang cleans(minimum of 20 reps, 3000 total poundage) and OHP(min of 30 reps or 2000 total poundage) – OHP must be done to actually lift the gate. Can choose between doing deadlifts or hangs. If both, reps and poundage must match deads.

2.       Run/sneak the hall = sprints, jogging(total minimum of 2 miles) or walking lunges(minimum of 25 per leg)

3.       Fight kill the guards = shadow box, spar, bag work, sledge hammers, Russian twists(to simulate breaking neaks J minimum of 25 reps) – all of these can be done, or any combination. Minimum of 2 must be competed at least twice.

Lesok must complete each task to move on to week 2. If task 1 is not met, then tasks 2 and 3 do not count, even if complete. If task 1 is complete but 2 or 3 is not, story will change, and tasks will be added to week 2’s tasks before progressing. All numerical tasks must be completed to advance. example: i can run/jog before i do my lifts; the jogging distance will not count until all weight lifted is complete. if i fall short on lifts, then all tasks roll over to next week.

hope this isn't too confusing to everyone. it makes sense to me at least  :tyrannosaurus: 

• Like 4

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

Love the write up and the translation into your challenge!

As a fan of Bioware RPGs I approve this challenge! Planescape Torment anyone? :)

• Like 2

Half-Ork Scout Leader
Running PRs : 5K 24m16s | 10K 53m32s | 15K 1h18m09s | Half Marathon 2h1m44s | Marathon 4h42m2s 
Past Challenges #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13  #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22
                               #23 #24 #25 #26 #27 #28 #29 #30 #31 #32 #33 #34 #35 #36 #37
Current Challenge : ----

Love the write up and the translation into your challenge!

As a fan of Bioware RPGs I approve this challenge! Planescape Torment anyone? :)

haha thanks, i'm glad it wasn't lost on everyone. hoping this goes well... or well-ish at least.

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

Hi all, this challenge I’m doing something a little different. I’m trying to do an RPG revolving around exercise.  Each week I will have objectives I’ll try to complete. If I succeed the story will progress one way, if I fail, it will go another. Not quite the same as rolling dice, but it should be interesting. I’m also up for critiques and suggestions on where I should go or do.

Awwww, dice-rolling seems to be all the rage this challenge round :P

Diggin' the fact that you'll include story, really like the way you've set up the challenge, goals and how they affect the story, you're essentially living your own RPG! I'll be watching your character's story (which I like to think of as a Spawn kind of guy) and dropping the occasional motivational song ;)

Go kick some major ass, bro.

Did someone say Planescape?

If being a githzerai and having a Planescape-themed series of challenges, battle log and epic quest isn't enough, I also own the original game, have played it to finish, own the novelization of the storyline and have the Symbol of Torment tattooed on my chest. Will that do? :D

• Like 2
1.    Lift the gate = deadlifts(min of 30reps or 1000 total poundage lifted) or hang cleans(minimum of 20 reps, 700 total poundage) and OHP(min of 30 reps or 700 total poundage)

hope this isn't too confusing to everyone. it makes sense to me at least  :tyrannosaurus: 

Glad to see you are still kicking! But yeah, I am confused. 1,000 total poundage would be about 22 reps with the bar. Perhaps you mean 10,000 lbs? That would be 30 reps @ 330+ lbs. That seems more reasonable (for you) over a week. :)

• Like 1

Dude, I'm loving the Challenge theme!  The story aspect is a really cool idea, especially that it changes dynamically each week.  If I had even an ounce of writing talent I'd totally copy this idea from you.  

Definitely subbed! 

• Like 1

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Glad to see you are still kicking! But yeah, I am confused. 1,000 total poundage would be about 22 reps with the bar. Perhaps you mean 10,000 lbs? That would be 30 reps @ 330+ lbs. That seems more reasonable (for you) over a week. :)

yeah, i'm starting kinda slow since i only get 1 lift day this week. and with it being after a 4 days of mma training i thought it wise to set the bar a little lower as i usually use day 5 as a rest or active rest day. but, you're right. i very well could be under shooting myself by more than i think. so i'll split the difference and say 5500 pounds. sound good?

thanks for the call out. i'll be expecting you, and anyone else, to call me on it if i'm not going hard enough :D

Dude, I'm loving the Challenge theme!  The story aspect is a really cool idea, especially that it changes dynamically each week.  If I had even an ounce of writing talent I'd totally copy this idea from you.  

Definitely subbed! 

haha thanks. i've been thinking about something like this for a while now. one of the reasons i took off last challenge. to think about if i could run this type of system or not. 

• Like 1

Awwww, dice-rolling seems to be all the rage this challenge round :tongue:

Diggin' the fact that you'll include story, really like the way you've set up the challenge, goals and how they affect the story, you're essentially living your own RPG! I'll be watching your character's story (which I like to think of as a Spawn kind of guy) and dropping the occasional motivational song ;)

Go kick some major ass, bro.

Did someone say Planescape?

If being a githzerai and having a Planescape-themed series of challenges, battle log and epic quest isn't enough, I also own the original game, have played it to finish, own the novelization of the storyline and have the Symbol of Torment tattooed on my chest. Will that do? :D

haha thanks, i'm glad the Planescape vibe has been caught :P

glad you'll be rocking with me this challenge DR

• Like 1

How we doing? Getting to slaying the dragon ... as it were?

• Like 1

Half-Ork Scout Leader
Running PRs : 5K 24m16s | 10K 53m32s | 15K 1h18m09s | Half Marathon 2h1m44s | Marathon 4h42m2s 
Past Challenges #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13  #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22
                               #23 #24 #25 #26 #27 #28 #29 #30 #31 #32 #33 #34 #35 #36 #37
Current Challenge : ----

Awesome!

Sub'd to see how this story pans out.

• Like 1

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge
Previously known as: Curl Brogo, Darwins_Demon, Vincent Van Bro

2020 Respawn Battle Log || Tarly's Ten Level Nutrition Plan

My Fitness Pal Profile || NF Epic Quest Character Page || Instagram

Weight Loss Quest: Start 270 lbs., Goal 199 lbs., Current 270 lbs., Waist: ,45.0 in., Bodyfat%: 33%

Awesome!

Sub'd to see how this story pans out.

thanks man. glad to have you with me

How we doing? Getting to slaying the dragon ... as it were?

haha we're working on it

justinfoley.jpg

Love the whole "Choose your own Adventure" feel to your challenge buddy, looking forward to it!

thanks man! i was thinking about this last challenge. that's part of why i sat out, to try and plan how i could do this. soooo, kind of an experiment.

Ah you're back, shall be subbing to see your strength evolve ;)

i'm back and better than ever (i hope) haha thanks.

Future-of-Evolution.jpg

• Like 3

stealing this format from Teros

Lesok approached the gate as he rubbed some dirt between his hands. He knelt down grabbing one of the lower rungs in each hand and digging his heels into the ground. Other prisoners stared with a look of bewilderment written across their faces. His veins began to bulge as the sweat began to pour from his body, through gritted teeth, he dug deeper. The gate begrudgingly began to raise. One inch at a time, it moved. The cellmate spectators began to quietly cheer, confused and contorted faces now held smiles and clinched fists in premature celebration. Lesok’s face locked in a grimace as he pulled and pulled, the gate now near his waist, he began to panic as he felt his grip fading. All of his muscles began to shake as he and the defiant gate seemed to be locked in a stalemate. Just at that moment, another prisoner came over, began to help bear the weight of the gate. “COME ON! THIS IS OUR CHANCE!†he urged as others pilled in to help.  The gate began to rise with little more ease and Lesok was able to roll underneath before it slammed back to the ground. He jumped to his feet and grabbed again. When one of the prisoners scolded him, “No, do not waste your energy here. The path you have to walk will be far more taxing than this gate. If… When you succeed, remember us then. ALL of our freedom will come. What is a little while longer in captivity?†he finished with a chuckle. Lesok nodded his head in agreement, “I’ll return for you all as quickly as I can.†None of the 8 remaining prisoners doubted his sincerity.

He began down the dimly corridor with a jog but thought his heavy footing may draw too much attention so he decided to stop and creep down the hall in a toe heel fashion. There was a door way or cell door approximately every 20 feet. Though, most of them seemed empty or housing individuals that had long lost the will to fight. Voices began to trickle in from up ahead forcing Lesok to duck into a doorway to hide in the shadows. “1…2…3…†he began counting to himself to keep calm while trying to gauge if the voices were moving closer to him or further away. “Definitely getting louder, if only I had a weapon†he spoke to himself. The baritone voice became much clearer “Time to feed the vermin. I hate Verrzinek’s pets. Ungrateful little shi…†he suddenly stopped. “Why did he stop?†Lesok thought.  His heart was now racing, feeling as though it would burst through his chest. He clinched his fist and prepared for the fight. Two guards rushed passed not noticing Lesok at all. He couldn’t make out what type of creatures they were. They were humanoid to be sure, but not a creature he had remembered ever seeing. Lesok had no time to ponder, as he was certain somehow they knew he had escaped. He peered into the hallway and didn’t see the guards any longer. So he hurried the best he could hoping to make quick work of the remaining two guards.

As he approached the stone door he noticed only one guard, Just one. “this can’t be right. There are always four, and two just ran passed…â€

His slight hesitation cost him as the guard at the door quickly turned around and smiled at him. “we’ve been expecting you Lesok†said the goblin with an wicked grin. Lesok looked about frantically to see he was surrounded by all four guards. They had expected this all along.

“Our Lord has been anticipating this for some time now. We are to give you options†the guard said with a slight hiss, “you join us, become what you are… what you were born to be….â€

“And the other option?†Lesok spoke with pride seeming to emanate from his being.

All the guards began to laugh maniacally “then the things you have experienced thus far will seem like paradise†the howls echoing the hallway brought his blood to boil. He lunged forward, then suddenly leapt backward smashing his elbow into the maw of the creature he could not identify. His risky initiation of battle was not without cost as a small dagger pierced his back, barely missing his spine The other three drew their weapons from their scabbards, but none of them looked too eager to jump into the fight. Lesok, noticing their apprehension, turned his focus back to his first target. He thought he would be the toughest of the four. As the guard reached for the hilt of his sword Lesok grabbed his wrist to hold the blade in place while pummeling his face with his free hand. “Shr’nak!†the goblin screeched from behind. Assuming that was this guards name, Lesok ran his arm under Shr’nak’s and whipped him around between himself and the other guards, 1 goblin and 2 dretches. The goblin was able to stop his attack whereas it never crossed the 2 dretches minds that they may need to halt. At that moment Lesok saw fear swell their eyes, but they had nowhere to flee. He drove Shr’nak’s limp body into the dretches, catching them off guard, and pinning them in the corner momentarily. Then he pulled the sword from Shr’nak and plunged it deep into his chest, out his back and pierced the shoulder of one of the foes.

He then whipped around to see the goblin holding his hands out in a defensive posture after dropping his sword; Lesok threw a hook hard to the jaw of the goblin knocking him out. Lesok turned his attention back to the dretches, who had long lost their will for the fight, and starred at them with his eyes wild and holding fire. Then, suddenly, they began to dematerialize and vanish all together. Lesok then looked over his shoulder to the great stone door, at the waking goblin. And more specifically, the key ring dangling from his belt...

week 1 didn't go exactly as i had planned, as i pulled a muscle in my back. that being said, it was still pretty decent. so tasks this week will be a little lighter as i'm still somewhat on the mend.

also, one of my best friends is getting married today. :)

Lesok’s second week tasks: free the captives, open the door, mend.

Meanings:

1.    free the captives = must jog a minimum of 2 miles. will accept equivalent distance in sprints or elliptical. 

2.    open the door = open the door to new things. be it a new food, friend, activity, or exercise.

3.    mend = get back in the gym, don't over do anything. 

Lesok must complete each task to move on to week 2. If task 1 is not met, then tasks 2 and 3 do not count, even if complete. If task 1 is complete but 2 or 3 is not, story will change, and tasks will be added to week 2’s tasks before progressing. All numerical tasks must be completed to advance. example: i can run/jog before i do my lifts; the jogging distance will not count until all weight lifted is complete. if i fall short on lifts, then all tasks roll over to next week.

• Like 3

week 1 didn't go exactly as i had planned, as i pulled a muscle in my back

I assume this was the reason for the knife in the back?  I'm sure pulling a muscle probably felt about the same.  Love the story man.  Keep up the good work! 

• Like 1

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Fuckin' goblins man... Fuckin' goblins.

• Like 2

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge
Previously known as: Curl Brogo, Darwins_Demon, Vincent Van Bro

2020 Respawn Battle Log || Tarly's Ten Level Nutrition Plan

My Fitness Pal Profile || NF Epic Quest Character Page || Instagram

Weight Loss Quest: Start 270 lbs., Goal 199 lbs., Current 270 lbs., Waist: ,45.0 in., Bodyfat%: 33%

I assume this was the reason for the knife in the back?  I'm sure pulling a muscle probably felt about the same.  Love the story man.  Keep up the good work! 

you assume correctly. i've injured my back pretty badly before, now it seems more prone to that sort of thing. it can be debilitating to say the least.

Fuckin' goblins man... Fuckin' goblins.

i know right. goblins

and that is all that matters ;)

Subbed, will be back to catch up!

• Like 1

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: CUTE 2021 - is consistent

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

BANE!!!  You changed your avatar!  Looks cool.  

(Every time I hear "Bane" I wish to see a Darth Bane/Batman Bane crossover cosplay.  Hasn't happened yet, and I don't have the body to pull it off.)

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

tumblr_n47zua8YA91s2b58zo1_500.jpg

IT'S BANE'S WORLD! BANE'S WORLD! DARK SIDE! EXCELLENT!

literally, the best thing i've seen all day

• Like 1

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines