StarGazer Does Another Challenge

StarGazer

Because I have no idea what I want to do long term and therefore setting up goals is not going well for me, this is going to be a 2 goal challenge. Well 3 overall with a lifey goal, but 2 health/fitnessy goals. And I’m not feeling particularly good with words today, so this will have to do. I will do stuff.

GOALS

Long-Term Goal: ???

For the past several months, my main goal has been to get to a point where I was back on the field playing ultimate frisbee. That was accomplished 2.5 weeks ago, I’ve been playing once per week since then, so now in terms of a longer goal… I have no idea what I’m doing. I need a new goal.

Health/Fitness Goal 1: Operation Hydration.

With the upping of my activity level, I need to work on hydration. I know that in the past I’ve been all “I’m pretty good with this†by the end of the challenge, but apparently if I don’t track my water intake, I don’t drink nearly enough water and that’s just not acceptable. So here we are again with the tracking of water. Maybe some day I’ll just learn to drink enough. *sigh*

I’m not setting a certain goal amount because if the past has shown me anything, that isn’t worth squat. If I track, I drink enough, if I don’t track, I don’t drink enough. So the goal is simply to be sure that I track my water consumption knowing that that alone will bring the levels back up where they should be.

Health/Fitness Goal 2: Consistency Leads the Way.

I need to consistently do workouts. And if I’m not posting that I’m doing them, I need you guys to yell at me. A lot. Guilt me into it if you have to, I need to build better habits and I know I have a strong guilt complex, so might as well use that against (for?) me.

- I will do strength workouts 2x/wk (once M or T by myself and Th with trainer).

- I will play ultimate at least 1x/wk. This should increase to at least 2 by the end of the challenge, but the minimum will be 1. Increasing will depend on when I get adjusted to the outdoor activity in this city along with properly hydrating (aka when I don’t feel like sludge all day Saturday after playing for a few hours Saturday morning).

- I will run 3x/wk, once being intervals. These don’t have to be particularly long, except that the intervals will be at least 1.5 miles total distance (between the running and the walk/very slow recovery jog).

I know that this sounds like a lot, but the first 2 and the intervals are things I’m already doing. It’s just I really want to add in some other runs and if I don’t make a challenge of it, I will let them go.

But really, if I’ve not posted even a short little blurb saying that I did something, start spamming my thread or texting me (if you’re a nerd with my number) or harassing me in chat. It will help me do what I need to do if I make sure you know I’m doing or not doing things.

Life Goal: Operation Do As You Say.

Like with hydration, I apparently also fail at getting things done if I don’t have anyone holding me accountable. Even if you aren’t being all “StarGazer! You didn’t do all of the items on your to do list!†just the needing to say that I’ve failed at that is enough to make me do that one more thing. I am going to allow for some leniency, but very little. The number of things on my list will vary greatly and the weekend will be counted as 1 day, not 2, but every day I must complete as many of my tasks as I can, allowing for one task at most to be moved to the next day. The rule on moving a task is that it MUST then be completed the next day. It cannot just keep getting shifted along and therefore ignored.

TL;DR

Health/Fitness Goal 1: Track water intake

Health/Fitness Goal 2: Do workouts consistently

Life Goal: Do to do list

Here we go!

• Like 2

Hai.

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

Hai.

Oh hello there.

Ok guys. So I've been tracking water today (yay!) and I did intervals this morning before work (yay!), but unless I feel differently when I get home (unlikely) I am giving myself a pass on the to do list today based on having had a headache for the past 4 hours that is going nowhere. And that is now starting to make my stomach turn like sometimes happens when I get a migraine. It doesn't feel like a migraine, but that aspect could rear its ugly head any time. I'm not making myself do a to do list like that. Instead I will go to bed wicked early to allow my body to combat whatever is pissing it off so badly.

• Like 1
7yraqa9y.jpg

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

ohai! I'll pester you if you help pester me about my workouts. :)

Scout 30/Ranger 1 (3 skipped)

Spoiler

"I must not fear. / Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing......Only I will remain."
-Litany Against Fear

Facebook | Twitter | Runkeeper | Strava
Shukar Still Isn't Lion

Day 2 is off to a less than awesome start because I slept so damn long last night fighting whatever made me feel like crap. I'm missing my workout this morning because of it and I've still got a bit of a headache. Lovely. Depending on things, I might try to hit the gym tonight, but that depends on how long I'm on the phone with the recruiter and if this headache sticks around or skeedaddles.

But water tracking will happen and I'm working on this to do list.

• Like 1

Yay for the return to ultimate! <3

Raptron, alot assassin

6564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Totally down with harassing you.  And your Brother.  Lets see which of you wants to kill me first.

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Tries to be Normal

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

I'm with you on the consistency front. It's proved to be my hardest lesson to learn. I really like this challenge and excited to follow it. :)

Consistency will come. Though this week has started off sketchy for that. Blargh. Life is complicated.

*crashes on your challenge thread couch*

*tosses a blanket to Koo so she can snuggle up on the couch*

So yesterday ended up alright. I drank and tracked water. I did nearly all of my to do list despite having bumped items from Monday's list that didn't get done at all because of brain pain. Only one item was skipped and it was moved to today. And completed this morning, because that's how I do.

I did not do anything strengthy yesterday though between sleeping in and then stressing about my phone call and actually talking to the recruiter. By the time that was over with, I really just needed to do the items on my list, eat something, and get to bed.

So I was definitely supposed to get up and run this morning... but I slept through the alarm. WTF. I will go for a run this afternoon because it is not supposed to be raining (I think) so I should be able to without issue. And if it is, I will either go for a walk or drive to the gym because I need to do something. But I need you guys to hold me to that or I'll start throwing out excuses.

OK, team! Update time.

I have not had as much water as I feel like I should have today, but I have been tracking and that is the important part. If I hadn't been tracking, I'd be even further behind where I am.

I am on track to finish to dos with plenty of time for relaxing and getting to bed at a reasonable hour because gym in the morning.

I just got a new 1 mile PR! WOOOOO! Previously, my best best was 9:35, but that wasn't run here in hot, humid Houston. I can't remember what by Houston best was, but it was around 10 minutes. This evening.... 9:13!!! I killed even the Massachusetts PR! 9 minutes, you are in my sights and I am gunning for you!

• Like 2

Danggg. KILLED IT! :D

Raptron, alot assassin

6564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Update time, Team!

So, Thursday and Friday I was good on tracking my water. Thursday was working out with the trainer which felt good. It was hard and kicked my ass, but in a good way.

However, I've been slacking on my to do list. Like wicked slacking. I can't explain away why Thursday and Friday sucked list-wise, but getting bitch slapped with another migraine, the kind that also makes me pukey yesterday after ultimate, I got absolutely nothing done and today I've felt like a zombie. I blame how draining and exhausting that crap is accompanied by having only kept down Gatorade yesterday and having approximately no appetite today.

Ugh.

Next week is a new week. Tomorrow morning I make up for the intervals I did not run today, the rest should be back on track. Let's hope with this water tracking I start doing better at drinking water sooner rather than later. This migraine bullshit is sucktastic and I've had enough.

Update time, Team!

So, Thursday and Friday I was good on tracking my water. Thursday was working out with the trainer which felt good. It was hard and kicked my ass, but in a good way.

However, I've been slacking on my to do list. Like wicked slacking. I can't explain away why Thursday and Friday sucked list-wise, but getting bitch slapped with another migraine, the kind that also makes me pukey yesterday after ultimate, I got absolutely nothing done and today I've felt like a zombie. I blame how draining and exhausting that crap is accompanied by having only kept down Gatorade yesterday and having approximately no appetite today.

Ugh.

Next week is a new week. Tomorrow morning I make up for the intervals I did not run today, the rest should be back on track. Let's hope with this water tracking I start doing better at drinking water sooner rather than later. This migraine bullshit is sucktastic and I've had enough.

I hope you're feeling better. How was Monday?

Meh. Monday was alright. Better than Saturday and Sunday. Which is weird for a Monday.

But yeah, so I was feeling more alive by the time I got to leave work, really did NOT want to go out and run because to be honest I just wanted to snuggle up and take a nap, but I did. I didn't run as far as I would have liked, but I ran intervals anyway. I'd have gone farther, but my leg was feeling weird and after having injured myself, I'm paranoid as anything. I figured better to make the loop shorter than to push it for the sake of doing so and have something be wrong.

Whatever, I ran. And this morning I went to the gym.

I still need to get back on the task list train, but getting out of the funk I was in and working out was a higher priority item, so it got what focus and willpower I had.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines