• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Recommended Posts

59 minutes ago, RisenPhoenix said:

Also the ice cream: Heathbar for a scoop, and TIRAMISU for a scoop.  The tiramisu had chunks of ladyfingers in it.  Magical.  My only complaint was that the person scooping was amazingly stingy with the scoops, so I got a large that felt like a small.  Ah well.  Probably for the best.

 

#goodthing

 

59 minutes ago, RisenPhoenix said:

Only one hour of aikido last night, to make sure the knee is okay.  Throbby after class, but I suppose that can mean healing as much as not.  Stairs this morning, 27 sections with some stretching afterwards.  Today was the first time I actually went on the field at the stadium - first time in almost 5 years of going.  Yearbook photos were taken, I'm sure I look terrible.

 

Surely a little blood flow to angry tissues is good for you.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RisenPhoenix said:

My only complaint was that the person scooping was amazingly stingy with the scoops, so I got a large that felt like a small.  Ah well.  Probably for the best.

 

That could just be a policy thing. 'Gourmet' anything tends to go low portion... I guess because they figure that flavor makes up for it?

 

Which, I mean. If I wanted an art exhibit, I'd go to a museum. Feed us you stingy bastards! *shakes fist*

 

I liked Y The Last Man, although I'll be curious to see what you think of the ending.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Kishi said:

That could just be a policy thing. 'Gourmet' anything tends to go low portion... I guess because they figure that flavor makes up for it?

 

Normally I'd agree, but I've been to this place many, many times since it opened down the street from my office.  Normally a large is a good sized portion.  This was pretty much what I'd consider their small size in a large cup.  I didn't recognize the kid serving me, so I suspect he's just new.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, RisenPhoenix said:

 

Normally I'd agree, but I've been to this place many, many times since it opened down the street from my office.  Normally a large is a good sized portion.  This was pretty much what I'd consider their small size in a large cup.  I didn't recognize the kid serving me, so I suspect he's just new.

 

I've had this happen to me before at Moe's. I got used to normal portions then the jerks started cutting the meat they'd portion out in like, half. Getting what I once got calls for an extra charge. This doesn't happen to say, my Dad when he'd go with me. So. Yeah. Stopped going there...

 

Addit: mental image: once it was like going from a burrito the size of my upper arm to one roughly in line with my wrist. Kid's meal territory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now