Stonecone leaves the vault

stonecone

Hey assassin brothers and sisters! After a challenging challenge break I'm back to give it a go again!

I spent my last challenge getting ready to "leave the Vault" but after the 6 weeks was up I never opened the door and left! So this is it....I'm heading out into the post apocalyptic wasteland and have to stay focused or I may not survive long!

(I'll expand on these goals late but I want something up right now so I can hold myself accountable)

Goal#1: I can go the distance!

The one thing missing from every post apocalyptic/zombie/survival movie is...bicycles. And that's what I'm missing! My last bike was stolen and I haven't replaced it yet. Part one of this goal is to get a bike again. I am setting the due date at 1 week from my next paycheck, which should be in a day or two. Part two of this goal is to ride my bike to work for the rest of the challenge!

Goal#2: Put some balance in your life.

I want to work on my hand balancing skills. I need to work on my hand balancing at LEAST 5 times a week! 5-10 minutes a day, that is all. Can I do it !?!?

Goal#3: wasteland warrior workout.

It's a dangerous world out there and I need to keep my skills in tip too shape. I'm starting a bodyweight workout (TBD but involving the TMNT or batman workouts) 3 times a week!

Life goal: Put some points into Barter.

My character seems to be lacking in the barter skill on his character sheet. I'm going to fix that. I want to save money and still eat healthy! How will I do that you ask?

-shop on a full stomach (or at least not hungry)

-no fast food!

-try to use all my produce before it goes bad

-shop the deals! Using the weekly ads of local stores I will scout out the best prices and save the most caps!

That's the quick run down. I'll add stat points, more specifics, and pictures soon haha

• Like 1

stonecone Level 6 | Vault Dweller

STR 18.5|DEX 14|STA 12|CON 12.5|WIS 10.5|CHA 10

Challenge accepted... -1st- -2nd- -3rd- -4th- -5th- -6th- -7th-

Are you mostly planning on doing handstands, or are you doing to try other hand balances?  Crow, elbow lever, and other non-handstand balances are pretty awesome!

I have similar issues with using my produce before it goes bad.  I really hate having to throw food away.  

Good luck with your challenge!

• Like 2

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

Are you mostly planning on doing handstands, or are you doing to try other hand balances? Crow, elbow lever, and other non-handstand balances are pretty awesome!

I have similar issues with using my produce before it goes bad. I really hate having to throw food away.

Good luck with your challenge!

Thanks! I'm hoping it all comes together in a day or so. I'm definitely going to work on my handstands but I want to try to work on some other positions. I've heard of a few and worked on a few but don't really know what to start with yet, I've gotta go do a little research!

Got any good beginner moves for me to start with?? :-)

Crow is pretty much the prerequisite for everything else, so that's a great place to start.  As soon as you reach a solid 30 second balance, you can move on to just about anything else.  

I did a quickie tutorial a few challenges ago:

But if you find mine totally annoying ;), a lot of people have had success with this one:

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

Woah! Hey! How's my fellow kender buddy doin'? 

I missed you. Loving your goals. Not only will the last one help with finances, but it will help with the health thing too. Loving the balance thing. To me, those are always the most fun.

Good luck! I'm cheering for ya!

• Like 1

Level 17 Half Kender Assassin
XP 1700

Crow is pretty much the prerequisite for everything else, so that's a great place to start.  As soon as you reach a solid 30 second balance, you can move on to just about anything else.  

I did a quickie tutorial a few challenges ago:

But if you find mine totally annoying ;), a lot of people have had success with this one:

Oh Yeah!! I did remember seeing that during the previous challenge. Thanks alot! This looks like a good move to start practicing with... and your video is anything but annoying! :redface:

How is the hand-balancing work coming along?

Well day 1 went well.  Started to practice the crow pose and was able to hold it for a few seconds before I tipped onto my head.  That and working handstand up against the wall yesterday.  I'm trying to set a timer for just 10 minutes a day at least!

• Like 1

Got in a bodyweight workout at work today and worked on my hand-balancing too.  I also got paid today so the clock starts and I need to get a bike ASAP! I'm off to the store to make healthy choices and save some gold.

• Like 1

Week 1 update!

One down 5 to go.  Week one was a success for me,  I already bought a bike and I'm riding it to work in a couple hours.    Hand balancing and my bodyweight workout have been an early success.  I can hold the crow pose for 9-10 seconds consistently and that has been my biggest milestone so far.  I have only bought groceries once and ended up with about 25 pounds of produce and chicken for just under 30$.  

My journey is well on it's way!  I'm settling into a routine for our challenge which I hope I can keep up the whole way.

Tune in next time

• Like 2

Thanks everyone!  Week 2 bring it on! 

Productive first day already. I'm working on my hand-balancing and stretching in between typing this post up.  WOOHOO Crow consistency! :peaceful:  

Woke up and made a stir fry of almost all the vegetables I have left.  I'm pretty happy that i'm not wasting much food; at least i'm not letting anything get rotten. 

and lastly my bike is working out great!  I rode it to work all weekend, but my legs are sore. haha :playful:

No need to apologize my fellow Kender!... and WOOHOO!  I just assumed you had a little wanderlust on the way to my challenge.

I sure did! I wandered all the way to Georgia!

Awesome job this past week! Keep it up. I can tell you feel amazing about it.

Level 17 Half Kender Assassin
XP 1700

Here's the weekend report!

Had a really busy week at my job so I haven't been able to update....but that doesn't mean I haven't been working!!!

My hand balancing has been going well.  I'm finding it so much easier to get my initial balance in the crow pose since I've been working on it.  I've also been trying to pull some skills from the Batman bodyweight workout such as the planche and both the front and back lever on my pull up bar. 

My life goal has been going well,  I've been making my own pasta sauce to eas with spaghetti squasha and chicken and I just make pulled pork in my crock pot again......but I had to break down and buy a burger when I went to a hockey game at Staples Center.....But oh well no one can be perfect

• Like 1

Ahh i'm here I swear!  I was just out on a mission this past week so my challenge went quiet for a bit....

I had a mini vacation to my parents place in San Diego and got back on wednesday.   It was a great get away and I didn't fall too far off the wagon.  Luckily our hotel had a gym with a pull up bar and not everything I ate was drenched in cheese and deep fried or anything.  Home cooked food from the parentals and good choices if we went out kept my diet on track.

I worked on my handstand and hand balancing a few times and i'm seeing some improvement but I didn't put enough time into this goal while I was on my vacation so I want to focus on that now that I"m back and getting into my rhythym again.

Whoa whoa whoa, the hotel gym had a pull-up bar? You must be lying. (I do not think you are lying, but it does seem nearly impossible to be true. Something so simple and useful? At a hotel gym? Never!)

Well it was handles attached to top of a machine but I'll take whatever I can get!

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines