TinyLivingMama - No Time Like Today

Alexandrite

Thank you everyone!

I will have to say, its been a rough start to week 4. My son caught a cold from some kids at a party over the weekend, plus we traveled 4 hours each way to get there and home, so we were all exhausted. My daughter caught it last night officially, and I ended up having to give her tylenol just so she could make it through the two flights we had today.

Three bags, daughter on my back in a carrier, and up since 4:30am is a workout in itself!! I made it though, and promptly got sick with a cold too. Taking zycam, EmergenC, and ricola lozenges, hoping I can kick it out in the next day.

Phew. Big family reunion for the funeral, and my siblings and I will be in one place together which hasn't happened since 2007. Leaving to come back Sat.

Too tired to do any more than update this!

- Mobile communication granted.

Brain-Building Assassin, a.k.a Radical Domestic Jill-of-All-Trades

Battle Log | Challenges: Current |18 |17 |16 |15 |14 |13 |12 |11 |109 | 87 | 65432 | 1  

Isaiah 40:30-31

Just letting you know I'm thinking about you. When I went to sushi last night, I remembered your post about passing by McDonald's. I skipped the fries, the udon, and the cake, and tried to concentrate on veg, seaweed, and high Omega-3 fish on not too much rice.

Take care, and see you back here soon!

• Like 1

Tzippi Longstockings, level 9 Ranger/Monk 

Battle Log - My Fitness Pal - Quest to Find My Epic Quest - Challenges:   #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7,

The Westerosi Fitness Tour: Dorne Stormlands Vale the Reach Westerlands The Wall 

MamaBear Kiss Off Waterbending Rounding <<Current

*stumbles in* where am I?

Oh, hi! *waves frantically* Must say I love, love your quests and your enthusiasm! (STAYING ON TRACK LIKE FTW~)

The McDonalds post is probably my favourite post (because you've defeated that monster LIEK A BAWSSS!)

Lastly, you're doing awesome for a mother *ahemahem* (my mother will hear me >__> NOT YOU MUMM!) and with all that progress under your belt, you'll be killing K2 in no time (no don't kill it seriously ;_;) I am looking forward to your future! Soon, your body and mind will rule the mountain tops (MWAHHAHAHAHAHA)!

PLUS. ROCK. CLIMBING. IS. BAMF!

This message was convincingly brought to you by, "my imaginative brain" and my "nimble but bulbous fingers".

• Like 1

Class and Profession: Rangers
Background: 25 year old Nerdling. Here to kick some health......butt?? I need to work on that.

Current Challenge: Hani Gets Back On The Health Choo-Choo

Thank you for the encouragement!!

I haven't flown for travel in so long... Trains are usually my favorite go-to. Well, my daughter caught a cold from my son and baby Tylenol got her through the flights, but then I got sick.

My father is a pharmacy tech and had some Zycam spray in the house. I had never even heard of it before, but had used zinc lozenges in the past, so tried it out. Ahhh-maaaeeee-zing!! I slept better than I have slept in a long time, even when healthy, and took two extra naps yesterday to help recover, as well as eating awesome food all day.

Woke up this morning feeling great and rested too. Still have a sniffly nose, but hopefully it will be gone by later today for the funeral. My sister flew in yesterday and now my whole family is together with me and my brother hanging out. Love it!

Here's to getting over the cold before I have to fly back home on Sat! My son and husband don't want the germs back, lol.

• Like 1

Battle Log | Challenges: Current |18 |17 |16 |15 |14 |13 |12 |11 |109 | 87 | 65432 | 1  

Just letting you know I'm thinking about you. When I went to sushi last night, I remembered your post about passing by McDonald's. I skipped the fries, the udon, and the cake, and tried to concentrate on veg, seaweed, and high Omega-3 fish on not too much rice.

Take care, and see you back here soon!

Nice choices!! Glad I could help encourage others to make good choices like that too!

Nice challenge!
I like all your quest!

Good luck with all that! I've found that doing yoga has corrected many imbalances I had due to having such a strong left leg and a weak right one (here in Argentina we play football almost twice a week). It also develops willpower to tackle the long planks, that become more a question of how much are you willing to hold than how long you can!

Great job!

• Like 1

The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever.
Jacques Yves Cousteau

My own page!  // Instagram

Phew!! Made it home.

Friday was my 5 year wedding anniversary. My husband was still home in CA, so we couldn't celebrate together, BUT I was actually married in the city I grew up in. My father ended up getting sick that day from the same cold (boo) so it was just me and my daughter. We went for a long walk, drove to the Boise Train Depot (where I got married, I love trains!), took photos, ate out at Olive Garden as a treat, and went to tons of different shoe stores looking for a good replacement for my daily walking sandals/shoes.

It was a fun day, but I ended up not buying any shoes. I have flat feet and somehow cute women's shoes always pinch/bend at the top of my foot/toes wrong! And have no support. I'm not spending $70+ on some shoes just to have to buy orthotics for them!

Today was epic 4am airport journey. Delayed two hours in San Francisco due to fog in our landing airport (ironic). Another great workout with my daughter on my back and three bags, plus she wasn't sick anymore so she was way overenergized. I finally made it home around 11am.

Napped, relaxed, and now we are picking up... Pizza for the drive-in movie we are going to tonight. Oh well!! Back to my regular schedule this next week.

• Like 1

By the way, if anyone is curious, I took Zycam (zinc) spray every three hours religiously and got over that cold very quickly! I've always used the lozenges so now I'm a convert for the spray.

Phew!! Made it home.

Friday was my 5 year wedding anniversary. My husband was still home in CA, so we couldn't celebrate together, BUT I was actually married in the city I grew up in. My father ended up getting sick that day from the same cold (boo) so it was just me and my daughter. We went for a long walk, drove to the Boise Train Depot (where I got married, I love trains!), took photos, ate out at Olive Garden as a treat, and went to tons of different shoe stores looking for a good replacement for my daily walking sandals/shoes.

It was a fun day, but I ended up not buying any shoes. I have flat feet and somehow cute women's shoes always pinch/bend at the top of my foot/toes wrong! And have no support. I'm not spending $70+ on some shoes just to have to buy orthotics for them!

Today was epic 4am airport journey. Delayed two hours in San Francisco due to fog in our landing airport (ironic). Another great workout with my daughter on my back and three bags, plus she wasn't sick anymore so she was way overenergized. I finally made it home around 11am.

Napped, relaxed, and now we are picking up... Pizza for the drive-in movie we are going to tonight. Oh well!! Back to my regular schedule this next week.

I've had really good luck with zappos.com for shoes. They have a lot of the comfier brands available, with a ton of reviews about them, plus they pay shipping both ways, so if they don't fit, just send'em back free and get a size up!

• Like 1

Battle Log - My Fitness Pal - Quest to Find My Epic Quest - Challenges:   #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7,

The Westerosi Fitness Tour: Dorne Stormlands Vale the Reach Westerlands The Wall 

Phew!! Made it home.

Flat feet league unite! I know what you mean especially when it comes high heels. Those sandals really give me feet aches because of their weird curvy shape but my mother doesn't listen to me, nooooooooooO~ -_-

Oh hey! Happy belated anniversary?? I think you had a pretty wicked time, yes? No? Okay. Okay? But HEY! YOU'RE GOING TO GET PIZZA SO THATS WORTH DA WAITS! Yay! Peeeeetzaaaaaa

This message was convincingly brought to you by, "my imaginative brain" and my "nimble but bulbous fingers".

Background: 25 year old Nerdling. Here to kick some health......butt?? I need to work on that.

It was definitely a fun night at the drive in. A little late getting home.

I so struggled today. I did NOT want to get back in to the swing of things: chores, feeding kids, cleaning continuously, groceries, laundry, budgets, and more. Add to that my 3 year old son who is doing his 3 year old thing, disobedience and all, and I was pretty much toast by 10am.

Managed to make it to nap time around 1:30-2pm, then gave in to the numbing satisfaction of anime the entire two to three hours. Woops. I managed to pull it together and get stuff cleaned and some work clothes for the hubby washed, but I defaulted to having dinner at the inlaws because I just did not want to cook.

I just got done with five blissful days last week of not cooking, not cleaning, and even though I was sick I got to sleep as much as I wanted and played with my daughter a ton. I basically pouted inside all day today about life. I was hating on our 300 sq ft living space, I was unhappy with my kids being so demanding, I just wanted to sleep more, and frustrated at my husband acting like a martyr saying he didn't need help getting ready for work when he actually did. I gave in to more movie time and laziness instead of working out too.

And then, I realized I needed to stop acting like a child, because if I want to have fun like an adult, I have to work and live and do life like an adult. If I want to go to the rock climbing gym tomorrow night, if I want to go on in pumpkin patch trips this weekend, if I want to go zip lining in the future, I have to earn it, otherwise I won't fully enjoy it!

So here's to a better tomorrow. Going to drag my tired butt out to yoga and start tomorrow off right!

It was definitely a fun night at the drive in. A little late getting home.

I so struggled today. I did NOT want to get back in to the swing of things: chores, feeding kids, cleaning continuously, groceries, laundry, budgets, and more. Add to that my 3 year old son who is doing his 3 year old thing, disobedience and all, and I was pretty much toast by 10am.

Managed to make it to nap time around 1:30-2pm, then gave in to the numbing satisfaction of anime the entire two to three hours. Woops. I managed to pull it together and get stuff cleaned and some work clothes for the hubby washed, but I defaulted to having dinner at the inlaws because I just did not want to cook.

I just got done with five blissful days last week of not cooking, not cleaning, and even though I was sick I got to sleep as much as I wanted and played with my daughter a ton. I basically pouted inside all day today about life. I was hating on our 300 sq ft living space, I was unhappy with my kids being so demanding, I just wanted to sleep more, and frustrated at my husband acting like a martyr saying he didn't need help getting ready for work when he actually did. I gave in to more movie time and laziness instead of working out too.

And then, I realized I needed to stop acting like a child, because if I want to have fun like an adult, I have to work and live and do life like an adult. If I want to go to the rock climbing gym tomorrow night, if I want to go on in pumpkin patch trips this weekend, if I want to go zip lining in the future, I have to earn it, otherwise I won't fully enjoy it!

So here's to a better tomorrow. Going to drag my tired butt out to yoga and start tomorrow off right!

Good for you! I am just amazed by you.

• Like 1

Yes, mission successful today.

Okay, I want to brag just a little...

Went out to crack of dawn yoga, pushed myself to try three poses I had never tried before (warrior 3, crane, and shoulder stand), did budgeting, bills, laundry (ALL six loads of it at the little laundromat here), recruited my father in law into helping me unplug the black tank on our trailer (don't ask), ended up needing to clean the bathroom (also don't ask, lol), filed the claim for my husband's broken cell phone that will soon become mine, plus cooked cornbread for dinner at the inlaws.

It was a good restart to the week. I love how yoga really helps me. The instructor is well trained, and she always does a ton of stretching progressions before going into each full pose, so I feel thorough in my practice by the end. I just wish I could remember all the progressions so I could practice at home. Maybe that should be part of my next challenge?

I'm not sure if I really will have time to sew on those aprons tomorrow, but I wanted to get them done ASAP. We will see... I've been known to stay up late and power out projects like crazy at the last minute. It took all the discipline I had today to not run out and get supplies to sew Zelda and Link costumes for my kids. This 6WC is more important than making my kids look cute, and I need to prove that by my actions! I will stick to finishing these aprons!!

• Like 3

So, it just dawned on me that I wasn't following your challenge. HOW DID THIS HAPPEN!?!?!?

I am so ashamed. I am going to go cry in the corner now, and wallow in my shame at being a bad buddy.

mwxlae.gif

DONUT WALLOW, SIR! It just so happens, I was/am also a late comer to awesome party.

Got over it by madly following (not reading these days)

• Like 1

Introduction:  I'm Alexandria, I finally joined NF after lurking for years. Just in time for a 6WC! I'm "healthy" overall but want to push my limits and increase my muscle tone. After having two children and sitting a LOT while caring for them and doing side stuff (sewing, crafting, websites, gaming), I lost a lot of muscle tone I had, and now I really just want to be active every day. (See very poor quality photo.)

Main Quest:  Develop enough muscle tone and joint stability to get back into rock climbing.

Quest 1: Do the Beginner's Bodyweight Workout at least two days a week (aiming for 3).

It takes me 15 minutes to complete the three rounds, with modified pushups, 30 second planks, and a milk jug for weight. I would like to be able to do full pushups, longer planks, and use at least 20 lbs for weights by the end of the 6WC (my children weigh more than 20lbs!).

A = three days a week, with increases (full pushups, longer planks, heavier weights, etc.)

B = three days a week, with modifieds

C = two days a week, with increases

D = two days a week, no increases

F = less than two days a week, increases or not

Quest 2: Yoga at least once a week (aiming for 2). Early morning sessions on M, T, W, Th are all available, make it to at least one of these. By the end of the 6WC I want to be okay with going to at least two sessions.

A = Two sessions a week, plus personal practice at home

B = Two sessions a week, no personal practice

C = One session a week, plus personal practice at home

D = One session a week, no personal practice

F = No sessions

Quest 3: Walking/hiking day at least once a week. Plenty of places to do this, from the local flat park to the more challenging state park trails. By the end of the 6WC I want to be okay with *hiking* with my kids (one riding on my back, 26lbs), doesn't have to be a long hike, just not flat.

A = Hike more than once a week with kids

B = Hike more than once a week

C = Hike once with kids

D = Hike once a week

F = No hike at all

Life Quest: Complete my apron sewing projects: there are three aprons, plus accessories. I rarely make it a priority to do these even though I really want to finish them. I would need to cut out movie/Crunchyroll time in order to make this happen without giving up sleep, and that's a pretty strong vice...

A = All three aprons completed by end of 6WC

B = Two out of three aprons completed by end of 6WC

C = One out of three aprons completed by end of 6WC

D = In process, but not completely finished by end of 6WC

F = None close to finished, or didn't work on them at all

Motivation:  My children. I also love the feeling of losing yourself while working on a route in rock climbing, or enjoying the outdoors more in general. I want to be able to care and keep up with my kids without feeling like an "old woman" all the time. My husband would probably be happier if I wasn't in so much pain all the time from a sore body, he gives me a lot of massage right now. He also believes (from a physical therapy standpoint) that I don't have strong enough joints or muscles to handle rock climbing safely without injury, so that is one of the reasons it became my main quest!

Updating my quests with grades, because I was too lazy to do it when I first started. Now it feels real! D:

• Like 1

Did the week 4 challenge finally. It helped me realize how much I have been slacking on some of my quests! Time to get it balanced out.

From the Lvl 1 Dungeon:

I updated my thread with letter grades so I could do this right, and used the spreadsheet LazyDragonAR provided (thanks!) to figure out the totals.

1. Goal allocation:

Q1: BBW 3 days a week with increases = 2 STR & 1 DEX

Q2: Yoga 2 sessions a week plus personal practice = 2 DEX & 1 STA

Q3: Hike more than once a week with kids = 1 STR & 2 STA

LQ: Complete all three aprons by end of 6WC = 1 STA

2. Mid Challenge Summary:

Overall I'm obviously paying attention to the easier goals for me, and it shows now that I've evaluated stuff. The workouts and classes get me moving and out and about other people, without my kids, so it is a natural stress reliever for me. The hiking and sewing is much more difficult because I have to work around or with my kids, and I haven't been prioritizing it. Time to balance stuff out! I did have a personal week last week where I had to take a break for travel/funeral and I ended up being sick at the same time, so I left that time out.

Q1: BBW 3 days a week, modified = B (80%)

Q2: Yoga 2 sessions a week, no personal = B (80%)

Q3: Hiked once a week... = D (45%)

LQ: Aprons in process, none completed yet = D (30%)

3. Challenge allocation:

See signature, but the overall 3-wk totals are as follows:

STR 2 | STA 2 | DEX 2 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0

Rawr!
  • Like 2

Did the week 4 challenge finally. It helped me realize how much I have been slacking on some of my quests! Time to get it balanced out.

From the Lvl 1 Dungeon:

I updated my thread with letter grades so I could do this right, and used the spreadsheet LazyDragonAR provided (thanks!) to figure out the totals.

1. Goal allocation:

Q1: BBW 3 days a week with increases = 2 STR & 1 DEX

Q2: Yoga 2 sessions a week plus personal practice = 2 DEX & 1 STA

Q3: Hike more than once a week with kids = 1 STR & 2 STA

LQ: Complete all three aprons by end of 6WC = 1 STA

2. Mid Challenge Summary:

Overall I'm obviously paying attention to the easier goals for me, and it shows now that I've evaluated stuff. The workouts and classes get me moving and out and about other people, without my kids, so it is a natural stress reliever for me. The hiking and sewing is much more difficult because I have to work around or with my kids, and I haven't been prioritizing it. Time to balance stuff out! I did have a personal week last week where I had to take a break for travel/funeral and I ended up being sick at the same time, so I left that time out.

Q1: BBW 3 days a week, modified = B (80%)

Q2: Yoga 2 sessions a week, no personal = B (80%)

Q3: Hiked once a week... = D (45%)

LQ: Aprons in process, none completed yet = D (30%)

3. Challenge allocation:

See signature, but the overall 3-wk totals are as follows:

STR 2 | STA 2 | DEX 2 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0

Rawr!

It's both inspiring and sometimes a little depressing when it comed to grading yourself. You are doing great, though, and I love checking up on your progress!

• Like 1

Kept telling myself I would get around to doing the BBW yesterday and never did. Ate some chili for lunch that did not sit right with me, plus I was overall just BLAH all day long. I didn't really work on anything either. -_-;

Today I made it to Crack of Dawn yoga, ran errands, bought myself some new plants as a gift from my husband, and played with the kids in their new box fort I made. I'm sure my husband wonders sometimes how I could ever complain when I get to play and "be a kid" all day but it is exhausting taking care of two little beings 24/7 for all their needs. ALL. As in, food, clothing, entertainment, comfort, companionship, teaching, and yes, even wiping little butts, because they are too young still but were adamant about wanting to potty train.

I wouldn't ever trade it for the world though. Life is so good and I know it.

• Like 3

Congrats on a successful return to life and routine!  It';s hard to get back into the swing of things after travel.

Yay yoga!  Yay shoulder stand!  Soon you'll be progressing to plow, right? ;)  That always helps clear my mind somehow.

Staying at home with kids sounds plenty exhausting to me!  I hope you're feeling better today/your stomach is settled/you're ready to rock out and finish week 5 strong!

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

So I'm counting my plant shopping trip yesterday as one hike. I forgot to mention that I was there over an hour walking all over the store with my daughter strapped to my back asleep and my son tugging on me to go everywhere. It was a pretty good exercise, I tell you what!

Which makes up sort of for me skipping BBW again today. My husband called me yesterday and had me set up last minute professional photography at the beach for last night. We included his parents and have never really done anything like it before! Somehow I still managed to do errands and preschool for my son, nails with my mother in law, therapy appt for my daughter, coordinate outfits for everyone, naps for the kids, bath and dress the kids in new clothes I went and bought for them, and get us all there on time for sunset. It was an amazing hour climbing all over rocks and getting everyone's photos taken at the beach. I count this as a type of workout considering my daughter would only smile or laugh when I was tossing her up in the air. Guess what I did most of that hour? =)

I was also pretty proud of myself that in all the busy activity I remembered to eat good meals (take the time to cook eggs, warm up pulled pork, etc) instead of grabbing junk or sugar. We had a nice dinner out where I stuffed myself full of bread pudding at the end, but even that wasn't as satisfying to me anymore taste wise so I won't be craving it as much in the future.

I love that when you start getting healthy other parts of your life change too!

• Like 3

You did a lot, and hopefully you can catch up on BWW when you have more time and energy to spare.  It's also great that you went for the healthy options, and that your tastes seem to be shifting away from dessert.

• Like 1

I have conditions that affect my social awareness.  If I am rude, tell me what I could do better.

5'8" & 220 260 pounds | Miles Walked: X

2019: | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Pre 2017: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | * | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines