TinyLivingMama - No Time Like Today

Alexandrite

Spent most of he day Saturday dealing with odd moods and little tantrums from all family members (me included). Nothing was making any of us feel better. So, we packed everyone up and went out to the beach (5 minutes away). Ocean/beach cures everything! The water was so warm we actually played quite a bit in it. I also learned my first beach lesson: don't shave and then play in salt water the day after. Ouch!

Got my hike in today with my kids at the beach! Moonstone Beach near Cambria, CA. Most wonderful foot massage, walking on the pebbles. ^_^

- Mobile communication granted.

post-32155-14137610802606_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Brain-Building Assassin, a.k.a Radical Domestic Jill-of-All-Trades

Battle Log | Challenges: Current |18 |17 |16 |15 |14 |13 |12 |11 |109 | 87 | 65432 | 1  

Isaiah 40:30-31

Ohh you're lucky to have warm sea water!

Here in my city we're stucked with waters under 15ºc (59ºF) before January, more or less! It takes courage to dive in!

But as days are getting longer and warmer, all people spend more and more time at the beach! 

Keep on rocking!

• Like 1

The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever.
Jacques Yves Cousteau

My own page!  // Instagram

So yesterday was a walking day. I walked in the morning at the park with both kids, daughter on my back. Then I walked with both kids and hubby at night down by waterfront, again daughter on my back. Felt a bit stiff this morning, but Crack of Dawn yoga fixed that!

Feeling pretty good today. Actually, our son slept in his own bed all night for the first time in a week, so we ALL slept well.

Started working on those aprons yesterday too!

• Like 2

Battle Log | Challenges: Current |18 |17 |16 |15 |14 |13 |12 |11 |109 | 87 | 65432 | 1  

Wow sounds like yesterday was a great day! Hope today is just as good for you :)

Dwarven Level 5 Assassin

• STR 12, DEX 3, STA 10, CON 4, WIS 10, CHA 3

Challenge: 1, 2, 3, 4 (current)

Main Quest: Weight Loss - to get down to 10st, started August 2013 at 17st 1lb, current 14st 4lb

39%
39%

You mentioned having trouble remembering yoga progressions. You could turn on an audio recorder during the class, then re-record yourself talking through it, leaving time for each pose. Or keep a little notebook next to your mat, and just resign yourself to one "less zen" experience while you scribble stuff down.

Or buy the teacher a tea and ask for recommendations for a personal practice. Or buy this book:http://www.amazon.com/Yoga-The-Iyengar-Silva-Mehta/dp/0679722874

I like it. It has detailed descriptions of poses, and a series of progressions in the back, including special

Programs for menstruation, etc.

• Like 1

Tzippi Longstockings, level 9 Ranger/Monk 

Battle Log - My Fitness Pal - Quest to Find My Epic Quest - Challenges:   #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7,

The Westerosi Fitness Tour: Dorne Stormlands Vale the Reach Westerlands The Wall 

MamaBear Kiss Off Waterbending Rounding <<Current

Still haven't worked on those aprons any more than before... D:

Took the kids out shopping yesterday, as my daughter finally started assisted walking and got her first pair of shoes! Yay! Plus Halloween costumes (ladybug and bumblebee, with parents as flowers) and Chipotle gift card for lunch. Made roast chicken in the pressure cooker and spent two hours on my feet last night in the kitchen, which did not make my feet happy but the food was good!

We all went to bed early and had one of the worst nights in a while. Both kids woke up a lot, one teething and one just plain hungry for food. I finally gave in around 4am and fed them cereal, but then we had diaper blowouts, lost wipes that I had to get my husband up to find, and general grumpiness like a troll due to lack of sleep. It is NOT pretty when I get up that early and it isn't my choice. It's no wonder I was a great coxswain that early in the morning back in college, it felt great to command and yell at people, lol.

The day got way better after my son went to preschool, I slept for an hour, and ate a snack. I haven't done much of anything today, honestly. I watched some anime (woops), and got ready for a date night? Haha. We haven't had a REAL date night since before my daughter was born (one without any kids or babies) so I'm pretty excited!

Still haven't worked on those aprons any more than before... D:

Took the kids out shopping yesterday, as my daughter finally started assisted walking and got her first pair of shoes! Yay! Plus Halloween costumes (ladybug and bumblebee, with parents as flowers) and Chipotle gift card for lunch. Made roast chicken in the pressure cooker and spent two hours on my feet last night in the kitchen, which did not make my feet happy but the food was good!

We all went to bed early and had one of the worst nights in a while. Both kids woke up a lot, one teething and one just plain hungry for food. I finally gave in around 4am and fed them cereal, but then we had diaper blowouts, lost wipes that I had to get my husband up to find, and general grumpiness like a troll due to lack of sleep. It is NOT pretty when I get up that early and it isn't my choice. It's no wonder I was a great coxswain that early in the morning back in college, it felt great to command and yell at people, lol.

The day got way better after my son went to preschool, I slept for an hour, and ate a snack. I haven't done much of anything today, honestly. I watched some anime (woops), and got ready for a date night? Haha. We haven't had a REAL date night since before my daughter was born (one without any kids or babies) so I'm pretty excited!

Children are a big task! (I should know because I am a big child myself :L You make me thank my mother everyday for bearing my moody self but meh MOTHERS ARE AWESOME)

Anyways, good luck! Because, once toddlers learn walking, pounds start shedding just as quickly. (My nephew, for example, is the bomb!)

Oh, date night sounds awesome! Have fun and go crazy! (But not too crazy!)

This message was convincingly brought to you by, "my imaginative brain" and my "nimble but bulbous fingers".

Class and Profession: Rangers
Background: 25 year old Nerdling. Here to kick some health......butt?? I need to work on that.

Current Challenge: Hani Gets Back On The Health Choo-Choo

Annnnnnnd I forgot to workout. Blast. BBW is definitely hard to remember when you're so excited about a date, and taking care of three people. I just got carried away and forgot about it completely, then we went to a wine bar and I'm now up in the middle of the night burping wine, cheese, and mushrooms, blah.

Yoga in about five more hours will be interesting...

• Like 2

I love how enthusiastic how you always are. There's so much you have to cope with but by reading your texts I get the feeling that you love what you are doing so much that this also makes you enormously happy at the same time. There are some stressful phases, some situations when you get really grumpy but you accept that, you know that there's a reason for it and because we are human we are allowed to feel that way. When you came through that difficult situation you allow yourself to chill and get back some energy if possible to be able to keep on being an highly motivated person. That's so extremely perfect it somehow scares me ;)

You deserved that day full of relaxing and enjoying yesterday soo much and it sounds to me like it was a great evening! We need things like that in our life. Time to switch off, cool down and charge our batteries again. There are many persons who are grumpy most of the time because there's so much to do and I feel like they don't manage it to cool down, to take a deep breath and they always stay in that stressed mode. Or at least they act like they'd always be in that all the time. For people who have to live with those type of person this is something really awful. I hope you never forget about what an awesome person you are and I wish you that it's easy for you to keep up your amazing positive attitude and rock on like that. 

• Like 4

"The purpose of life is to be happy." - Tendzin Gyatsho, the 14th Dalai Lama 

Character

I love how enthusiastic how you always are. There's so much you have to cope with but by reading your texts I get the feeling that you love what you are doing so much that this also makes you enormously happy at the same time. There are some stressful phases, some situations when you get really grumpy but you accept that, you know that there's a reason for it and because we are human we are allowed to feel that way. When you came through that difficult situation you allow yourself to chill and get back some energy if possible to be able to keep on being an highly motivated person. That's so extremely perfect it somehow scares me ;)

You deserved that day full of relaxing and enjoying yesterday soo much and it sounds to me like it was a great evening! We need things like that in our life. Time to switch off, cool down and charge our batteries again. There are many persons who are grumpy most of the time because there's so much to do and I feel like they don't manage it to cool down, to take a deep breath and they always stay in that stressed mode. Or at least they act like they'd always be in that all the time. For people who have to live with those type of person this is something really awful. I hope you never forget about what an awesome person you are and I wish you that it's easy for you to keep up your amazing positive attitude and rock on like that.

All the this.

• Like 2

Battle Log - My Fitness Pal - Quest to Find My Epic Quest - Challenges:   #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7,

The Westerosi Fitness Tour: Dorne Stormlands Vale the Reach Westerlands The Wall 

:) Date nights are wonderful. I feel like they're one of those essentials that we all are way too willing to part with when time gets strapped. It's hard with two competing schedules, but add in kids and I just think it's awesome that you both got out of the house to do something fun together. :)

My body tells me no, but I want more! I. Want. More!

Current Challenge
Pavel Sneaks Back In

Level 2

Half Orc

Assassin

Thank you for all the wonderful words!! I really work hard to not beat myself up over stuff and to stay positive. I grew up in an environment that wasn't all that great and I know the first step to changing that is my attitude towards life. On a personal note, I also became a Christian in the last couple years and it has given me a great new perspective on life. My mother passed away back in 2007 and I refuse to waste time anymore, whether that be with poor life choices or beating myself up for the mistakes I am bound to make along the way. My grandparents and many of my relatives have also passed away due to accidents and health issues; life is way too precious and short. I tell people I love them and I tell myself that I love me, where I'm at now, and I will keep going forward!

I did Yoga Thursday morning and then spent the rest of the day switching out new cell phones on our account, setting them up, and tinkering with root, etc. Needless to say I still havent signed in to all my accounts yet on my new phone so its hard for me to keep up. Plus I went from an old HTC on an old Android version to a Samsung G3 with the latest OS version so I'm catching up in terms of getting used to all the changes.

It was a brutal day of sitting and computer work. We watched a movie with our kids that night and just went to bed. I got my act together today though. Son went to preschool and I got right to work on those aprons. This is classic for me: wait until the last moment, then do something with a fury and pound it out in the eleventh hour. Oh well. Making great progress. All major pieces cut and I'm just sewing stuff together. The right way, with proper seams and such, not haphazardly.

I did not work out yesterday. I did go to bible study with some women that really boosted up my spirits and made me realize I need to invest more if I expect to get more out of my personal growth. I volunteered for some new things that will put me out of my comfort zone. I also went to the store, fueled the truck, picked up propane, got my son from school and got the kids home for naps on time, plus finished all the laundry at the laundromat before the weekend! Then we all went down to a new opening of a cool deli and had amazing sandwiches and sides, all free for their grand opening! Its been a long time since we have been around that many people but it was fun. Baths for kids then bed. Such a full day!!

My daughter just slept from 9pm to 4am which is a new record for her so I'm feeling pretty rested too. I know I won't be earning all my points for my quests this week but I'm okay with that now. I will keep working on doing it one step better each time around!

• Like 2

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, date night.... it is such a good night.  I am glad you made the time for it!

And you are definitely always very upbeat and can-do about things, it's wonderful to read. ^_^  Finish up the week strong (while staying balanced!) and we're really looking forward to having you in the guild next challenge!

• Like 1

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

It's been so much fun following your progress! I will continue to watch your progress among the Assassins!

• Like 1

Okay, one (or two if you count Monday) more day to get anything I want done...

I have slowly been working on the apron pair. They aren't even close to done because, well, real hemming takes a long time!! Ugh. Measuring and folding and pressing and then sewing. On 8 different pieces all for ruffles. Now I know why I ususally never take the time to do it right. X_x Even with a small hemmer foot it can be slow. But now that the hemming is all done things are going smoothly and I will be attaching the ruffles and ties next.

Im going to call the first apron done for right now. I won't have time to go out and find the red fabric I need to make the waist tie but everything else on it is done. Pictures coming Monday probably!

Today I spent almost two hours walking around Costco. Legs hurt, feet hurt, and I wore the wrong shoes too so it just made it worse. And I definitely ate almost every sample in sight as well as hotdogs. This event only happens once a month though so I guess that isn't too bad. Then after naps we went to the beach and ran and had fun at twilight. Best idea ever! Our son has not woken up once yet. More running of the toddler before bed I say!!

My husband and I sat down and actually created a weekly schedule for activity which included yoga Tues and Thurs forever, yay! It also includes a weekly date night, and son other stuff that will make the week go smoothly for us. I've had this idea for a while to get wooden boards shaped like big tags, and do pictures on them for things like this, and have a peg board where we can hang them for each day of the week. It will help us and our son visually see and learn the days schedule. I honestly think making that is going to be my life quest for next challenge. Going to be a busy day Sunday so I don't know what will happen.

Have a great finish! I am SO happy I joined Nerd Fitness and can't believe what an amazing thing it is. Steve writes such good posts for motivation that he fished me right up! Lol.

And I'm still tossing around the idea of changing my screen name. TLM is my online identity for a possible blog and many other things I want to do, but Alexandria is the wonderful name my mother bestowed on me, or Garnet from FFIX would be another option... Go for the nerd reference? Haha

• Like 3

Good on you for making room for your spiritual needs. I find that everything in my life goes better when I'm trying to think on a higher plane.

• Like 1

Thank you! I'm actually new to the GIF sharing world, I only previously made pixel GIFs for myself for gaming signatures, so I am absolutely loving all this new GIF stuff but totally have no idea how to make them or how to post on Tapatalk either. >_<

I recruited my husband at the last minute into my exercise schemes you guys! YES! We talked over the weekend and agreed to a workout schedule for both of us. He woke up at 5am this morning and went for a run on his own while I stayed asleep with the kids. WOW. So excited to see where this takes us. He made a joke this morning that I might not be able to handle the manly craziness that he will become in about six months, and I was all, "Oh yes, I think I'm ready for that!" Haha, oh married life can be so much fun too, you know? Plus he told me his ultimate goal in 6-12 months will be to do kite surfing. KITE SURFING. So freaking awesome.\

And now excuse me while I go figure out something epic for me to do as well! (I will post Level Up later with photos.)

Oh snap, time for the final grade...

1. Goal allocation for Level 2:

Q1: BBW 3 days a week with increases = 1 STR

Q2: Yoga 2 sessions a week plus personal practice = 1 DEX

Q3: Hike more than once a week with kids = 1 STA

LQ: Complete all three aprons by end of 6WC = 1 STA

2. End Challenge Summary:

Oh boy, I absolutely failed Quest 1 for the most part. Quest 2 made it passing, and Quest 3 I totally rocked. Life Quest, well... it's getting done. That's a miracle I guess?

Q1: Less than two BBW days a week, increases or not = F (10%)

Q2: Yoga 2 sessions a week, no personal = B (80%)

Q3: Hiked more than once a week with kids! = A (100%)

LQ: One out of three aprons completed by end of challenge = C (60%)

3. Mini-Dungeons:

I also earned some mini-dungeons so here are those.

Week 1: +1 WIS

Week 2: +1 CHA

Week 3: +1 WIS

3. Challenge allocation:

See signature, but the overall totals are as follows:

STR 2 | STA 3 | DEX 3 | CON 0 | WIS 2 | CHA 1

Phew. Photo Time! I made the most progress on my stomach, plus I now comfortably fit in my size 5 jeans without having to wear size 7s with a belt. Yay!

post-32155-0-92884900-1414450940_thumb.j

• Like 1

And to make it all official-like and awesome for becoming an assassin, so I have changed my screenname as planned. Had to do Alexandrite instead of Alexandria. I'm not a bad guy like in Sailor Moon, but I still like it. Haha!

• Like 1

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines