MetalGearPlasma reporting in - Mission Begin

ASsjUgG.jpg?1

Introduction

Hello everyone. Looking into restarting my fitness routine/habit after a year or so of neglecting my diet and exercise. Cut a long story short, I lost a lot of weight between 2009 and 2012 (Highest was 120KG and I went down to 85KG) and since then I feel like I haven't been putting much effort into gaining muscle, getting frequent exercise and carefully maintaining my food intake. Worst of all, I'm concerned that I might eventually gain the weight I initially lost. I have been playing baseball during the spring and summer and now that the season is over I feel it's the perfect oppurtunity to start something new. I am already consuming a - near enough - paleo diet but I still feel like I could do more. Therefore, I have decided to take on a six week challenge (as recommended by laurabzz) and get myself back into the good habit of taking better care myself health-wise and seeing if I can look and feel better during that period :)

Main Mission

To maintain weight by decreasing body fat percentage (particularly belly fat) and replacing it with muscle.

The Objectives

• x3 a week - Nerd Fitness beginners workout
  • x3 a week - 2 mile walk whether it's sunny/rainy/snowy 
  • Zero sugar intake during the challenge with the exception of only consuming 6 sugar foods during the entire challenge.

Side Mission

I've always wanted to take up android mobile development and FutureLearn.com has a 7 Week beginners course consisting of weekly tutorials and exercise. My side mission would be to complete all these exercises during the Nerd Fitness challenge. 

Motivation

There are many personal reasons as to why I'm doing this but the most important one is to be able to not only be healthy, look good and live longer but to also have a capably functional body to live life to the fullest.

hFRu4Ll.gif

Lets Do This!

• Like 2

love the theme :D

You might notice that i've added an Adventurers' tag to your thread.  This isn't to pigeonhole you into particular guild, but rather to bring one of their ambassadors here to offer you encouragement, support or advice.  Your goals this challenge fit well with the overall spirit of their guild and you are more than welcome to pop into their Tavern and introduce yourself to them.  You are also more than welcome to pop me a message anytime. 

Good Luck

AB xx

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

Food/Exercise diary entry: 15th September 2014

Food:

Breakfast: Boiled Egg Salad

Lunch: Lettuce, tomatoes and chick peas salad with root vegetable soup

Snack: Cooked chicken with thyme and lemon, green beans and white potatoes. Couple of red grapes.

Dinner: Spicy Tuna cakes by nom nom paleo

Exercise:

2 mile outdoor brisk walk

2 sets of the Nerd Fitness Beginners Workout:-

Set 1

20 squats

10 pushups

20 lunges

10 kettlebell lifts

30 second plank

Set 2

10 squats

10 pushups

10 lunges

10 kettlebell lifts

35 second plank

Vaccuum cleaning the flat...took about 15 minutes :)

Day 1 completed! :nevreness: :nevreness:

• Like 1

Hey MetalGear! I'm KingLeeroy an Adventurer Ambassador! 

Good theme! I am doing a no sugar thing this challenge as well, good luck with everything!

If you’re interested in finding more tips, stories, and motivation from Adventurers that have similar goals to yours head on over to the Adventurer’s Tavern where you’ll find people always willing to chat. If you’d like to talk to me you can either check out my current challenge or pm me on the board.  If you have any questions on how to use the forums, check out this tutorial. I’ll be following your topic here as well so you’ll probably see me again anyway.

See you around and good luck with your challenge!

Be More Ninja

Current Challenge

Instagram

Another rebel going the bodyweight route! Looks like you are in for a great start. Nice side quest, too.

Keep it up!

Greetings from a fellow red pill.

Warg

Level 1 Lycan Assassin

STR 4 | STA 2 | DEX 0 | CON 1 | WIS 0 | CHA 0

Current Challenge

"If you don't know what you want, you end up with a lot you don't" - Chuck Palahniuk

100 pushups

25%
25%

200 squats

30.5%
30.5%

Awesome job on Day 1!!

I'm Lullaby, one of the Ambassadors for the Assassins' Guild. I saw you kicked ass on your first body weight workout! If you have any questions related to body weight exercises, I'm positive some of my fellow Assassin would be willing to help. You can check us out at our Assassins' DenWe also have an Assassin Phonebook that lists the skills of our Assassin so be sure to check it out. You can also reach me by using the private messenger system (click the envelope at the top right of the screen) or you can post on my thread.

I hope your first challenge goes well. :)

-Lullaby

Major Respawn in Progress

Current

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 4.1 5 6

"Each of you is perfect the way you are ... and you can use a little improvement." - Shunryu Suzuki 

Thank you so much for all the support :D and hello Warg! Glad to meet someone from my group. I've still to complete Mission 1 so I'll get on that as fast as I can :)

Food/Exercise diary entry: 16th September 2014

Exercise:

Rest day but decided to climb the stairs to my 6th floor flat

Food:

1 cup of Twinings Camomile & Honey tea with no milk.

Lunch: Leftover tuna fishcakes and lettuce with tomato soup

1 cup of Twinings Camomile & Honey tea with no milk.

Snack: Couple of red grapes.

Dinner: Steak pieces with lettuce, brussel sprouts and rice noodles.

Day 2 completed! :nevreness: :nevreness:

felt like I kinda messed up with having the camomile & honey tea (ingredients stated no sugar but felt I was kinda cheating) so I'll be swapping it with peppermint tea (which only contains 100% peppermint according to the ingredients) as of tomorrow.

wDAzGH0.gif

• Like 1

Thanks again guys :) Really appreciate the support

Food/Exercise diary entry: 17th September 2014

Food:

1 cup of peppermint tea with no milk

Lunch: Lettuce, tomatoes and chick peas salad with tomato and red pepper soup

Snack: Couple of grapes.

Dinner: Thai beef & vegetable curry with rice noodles

Exercise:

2 mile outdoor brisk walk

2 sets of the Nerd Fitness Beginners Workout:-

Set 1

20 squats

10 pushups

20 lunges

10 kettlebell lifts

30 second plank

Set 2

15 squats

10 pushups

20 lunges

10 kettlebell lifts

35 second plank

Also decided to climb the stairs to my flat again.

Day 3 completed! :nevreness: :nevreness:

8expm.gif

• Like 1

Apologies, I've been pretty busy yesterday and today. I'll update my diary now.

Food diary entry: 18th September 2014

Lunch: Leftover Thai beef & vegetable curry with rice noodles with chicken mulligatawny soup.

Dinner: Russian Cabbage Soup -  bacon, lettuce, cucumber and grilled halloumi cheese salad - bacon/mussels/cauliflower rice paella.

Exercise rest day but I managed to climb the stairs again.

Food diary entry: 19th September 2014

Breakfast: 2 egg omelette with green olives

Lunch: 1 small cup of flat white Starbuck coffee (told the guy to make sure that no sugar is added)

Dinner: Zesty lemon salad consisting of lettuce and cucumbers with seasoned (herbs) grilled chicken, 2 postatoes, green peppers and homemade red chilli sauce.

Failed in getting exercise done today. Will be getting my last exercise day of the week tomorrow.

Your food choices sound amazing. I think I'm going to have to start taking pages from your food diary.

balesom

Race: Gray Elf | Class: Assassin

Level 2 | Str: 1 / Dex: 2 / Sta: 2 / Con: 2 / Wis: 2 / Cha: 2

Current Challenge: None.

Past Challenges: #1 #2

PVP Challenges: No Soda (started 10/30/14 | restarted 3/8/16)

Main Quest: Lose 21.5 pounds (Start: 281.5 | Current: 276.5 | Goal: 260)

On Hiatus... sorry.

No Soda Challenge: 365 days | Total: 493 days (October 30, 2014 - March 7, 2016)

Ended due to stomach flu, drank 7up to settle stomach (and it didn't work!).

100%
100%

Food/Exercise diary entry: 21st September 2014

Breakfast: Egg Omlette with black and green olives

Lunch: Egg Foo Young Fruit salad

Dinner: Sweet potato, haggis and bacon mash.

Exercise

Played 9 innings in a 3 hour baseball game (we won). Decided to do one set before going out celebrating with teammates.

Set 1

10 squats

10 pushups

10 lunges

10 kettlebell lifts

35 second plank

1st week completed :nevreness: :nevreness:

• Like 1

Apologies for the late response :( Had been quite busy this weekend travelling to London for the Eurogamer expo and catching up with old friends. While I tried to attempt to stay on the righteous path most of the time I did sadly have some foods that went against my diet plan. Not quite proud of it but I'm back to my regular schedule/programming as of yesterday.

Please bear with me while I recollect my memory and post the previous days I missed.

Food/Exercise diary entry: 23rd September 2014

Breakfast: Boiled egg salad

Lunch: Chicken pieces, salad and soup

Dinner: Healthy dinner (can't remember what I had but I can confirm it wasn't junk :) )

2 sets of exercise

Food/Exercise diary entry: 24th September 2014

Lunch:  salad and soup

Dinner: Healthy dinner (can't remember what I had but I can confirm it wasn't junk :) )

Food/Exercise diary entry: 25th September 2014

Lunch: bean salad with soup

Dinner: cheese slices with zuchini slices and hummus (had a bus to catch to London that night)

Set 1

10 squats

10 kettlebell explosions (unable to do pushups due to minor wrist stain on left hand)

10 lunges

10 kettlebell lifts

35 second plank

Set 2

10 squats

10 kettlebell explosions

10 lunges

10 kettlebell lifts

35 second plank

Food/Exercise diary entry: 26th September 2014

Healthy nuts and dates snack throughout the day.

ONE SUGAR DAY USED: Had an Okonomiyaki and sauce they put on it seemed quite sweet :(

couple of frankfurters (no bun) with hummus and zuchini sticks.

Exercise: Walking around London

Food/Exercise diary entry: 27th September 2014

Not much apart from yesterday's leftovers.

Did have a chicken sandwich from KFC during lunch while with friends.

Did eventually have a few to drink that night too.

Exercise: Walking around London

Food/Exercise diary entry: 28th September 2014

Had to take the 3pm bus back home (didn't arrive until midnight)

so I had an english breakfast consisting of bacon, sausage, fried eggs and baked beans.

coffee for lunch.

Pesto chicken sandwich and egg salad for dinner with couple of dates/nuts healthy snacks.

Food/diary entry: 29th September 2014

Breakfast: Egg Omlette with bacon bits

Lunch: Roasted chicken breast pieces with peppers and onions and curried parsnip soup

Dinner: Brocolli/Blue Cheese soup with Beef Pelmeni

....so yeah, got a bit bumpy this weekend. Determined to save this challenge and bring myself back on top of things. Started yesterday. So far so good :)

Thanks again for the interest and support everyone. Feels great knowing that there's encouragement available.

Food/Exercise diary entry: 30th September 2014

Lunch: roast chicken leg pieces with lentil and vegetable soup

Dinner: spicy chicken and pineapples with asparagus

Exercise:

2 mile walk

Set 1

20 squats

10 pushups

20 lunges

10 kettlebell lifts per arm

35 second plank