• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Gainsdalf the Whey

Fall Brawl for it All 2014!

Okay so I misjudged and wrecked my attempts for this, but whatever. I'll do better next time, I'm still stronger than I was a year ago. I'm only recording my last successful attempts, because I screwed this up.

Weight: 93.2 kg

Squat: 143.01 kg

Bench: 111.23 kg

Deadlift: 165.71 kg

Okay so I misjudged and wrecked my attempts for this, but whatever. I'll do better next time, I'm still stronger than I was a year ago. I'm only recording my last successful attempts, because I screwed this up.

Weight: 93.2 kg

Squat: 143.01 kg

Bench: 111.23 kg

Deadlift: 165.71 kg

How did you screw up? We all have failed attempts at lifts, it happens.

• Like 1

I tried to jump weight too much.  I'm sure if I had been more patient I could have done a little better.  Oh well, not too shabby for my first one I guess.

Not shabby at all, but why aren't you recording all three attempts at each lift? It's not just successful attempts that go on on the sheet.

Oh, alright then.  I guess I just didn't see the point in recording the dumps.

I punched everything in.  I'll probably do OHP soon so I can post that just for giggles.  We're talking strict press, not push press correct?

Oh, alright then. I guess I just didn't see the point in recording the dumps.

I punched everything in. I'll probably do OHP soon so I can post that just for giggles. We're talking strict press, not push press correct?

correct

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Oh, alright then.  I guess I just didn't see the point in recording the dumps.

I punched everything in.  I'll probably do OHP soon so I can post that just for giggles.  We're talking strict press, not push press correct?

Also, to be technically eligible, all lifts are supposed to be done in the same session. 

Just realized that I'm the baby of the group participating so far. You guys are old...

edit: Also just realized I would have to hit a 505 squat to keep my title. Not happening on that one this time. Damn cut. Can't wait to come back at SS after having been of the cut for 3-4 months and start PRing again. My planned best also puts me 60 lb short of running at the title for total. Damn, when did all you people get so strong?

Just realized that I'm the baby of the group participating so far. You guys are old...

edit: Also just realized I would have to hit a 505 squat to keep my title. Not happening on that one this time. Damn cut. Can't wait to come back at SS after having been of the cut for 3-4 months and start PRing again. My planned best also puts me 60 lb short of running at the title for total. Damn, when did all you people get so strong?

Heck, I hit a PR on squat, matched my deadlift PR and was behind Spezzy and Sundae from the word "Go".

And stop calling me old.  I'm "Chronologically blessed".

And "Get off my lawn"  (in honor of Cline).

• Like 6

10/3/2014
Overall Workout Time:  90 Minutes
Squat

• 325 (F)
Notes:  Wasn't terrible here.  Pretty much what I expected.  Didn't get video of the 325 attempt, but I didn't even really attempt it.  Unracked it, but it felt heavy and I psyched myself out after that.  Just re-racked and called it good for Squats.

Bench
  • 240 (F)
  • 235 (F)
Notes:  Pissed about this... like really pissed.  I just did 235 on Monday.  MONDAY!  5 Days ago!  WTF...

Deadlift
  • 405 (F)
Notes:  Again... just did 405 like 2 weeks ago... just not my day....

Overall Notes:  Shitty day.  I mean I guess I should be happy that none of my totals have gone down from the SSSS, yet I'm down 4kg.  But I just feel like I could do more.  Maybe I'm just terrible at these max out days.  Who knows... having a bit of an emo-meltdown right now.  Removed the sound from the video as there was a few expletives coming out of my mouth due to the failures.... especially after the last deadlift.  The little fist pump thing was my screaming a four letter word that starts with F.... time to consume some beer and take a few days off.

• Like 2

Same total at 10 lb lighter? That's a win, your Wilks went up. Learn from it, plan some accessories based on where the weaknesses were, and get back under the bar and prep for next time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm so not even entering- I've completely back slide- I'm crushed.

225 squat and 275 DL.

pissed and upset doesn't even begin to cover it. 

I couldn't bench- not enough time and I probably would have dropped it on my head anyway because I sucked.  Not a good night.  

Well, I survived. Numbers not where I want but all things considered walking away was the main goal and mission accomplished there. I'll post the video to my log once I get a chance to throw it together.

Bodyweight: 86kg

Squat: 194, 203, 210x

Bench: 134, 139x, 139x

DL 200, 212x, 212x

Total: 537

Squat felt pretty good and almost had 210 with decent speed to the sticking point, just couldn't stay in the groove. Bench was heavier than I would have liked. Sort of rushed as my spotter was doing the CF wod and I was grabbing him between rests because he's just a cool guy ha. Didn't have much left for the deads. 200 was slow and I forgot to get video. 212 made it to just below the knees then stopped, the third attempt didn't leave the floor. Little peeved since I did 215 for two singles three weeks ago but I need to keep the perspective. Back to the grind and hopefully keep up with you strong folks next time around!

• Like 1

Numbers in. Not great. Slight PR on the squat and big jump on my bench but barely grinded out the DL. Lots of external factors but blah blah excuses.

Starting some new accessory programming this week and possibly new squat/dl program so hope to put up better numbers (at a lower weight) in January.

• Like 1

OK, all done.

Weight: 87kg

Squat: 97.5, 99.8, 102.1f

Bench: 83.9f, 70.3, 74.8

DL: 152, 156.5f, 154.2f

All in all not bad. My bench is way down from before because I completely changed my form and I'm still building up to the correct weight. Also not doing as much accessory work like before so not surprised. DL was the same as before. Form was bad but it still got up. I'm still rebuilding from not lifting heavy through a hard cut. I'm happy.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Continue to have issues with squats, but otherwise pretty happy with today, being on a cut. Feel like if I can maintain or progress strength at a snails pace while losing 1.5-2 lb a week, I should be in a really good position for the next virtual comp.

First cold day in the gym

Back squat:

135x10

135x8

185x3

225x3

275x1

Belt up

315x1

365x1

405x1

435x1 belted

435 was the opener and I skipped the rest. My left adductor/hammy have a knot I've been trying to get out for the last 90 min and it isn't budging. 435 made it hurt worse, so I'm not pushing. Guessing 455 would have been a close call on second attempt.

Bench:

135x8

First 4 of simple 6

185x3

225x3

255x1

275x1

290x1

300x1

305x1

PR is 305 at 273 for a 78.9967 Wilks. 300 at 257 is a Wilks of 78.79. This weight loss ain't buying me anything. Turned on "Last Resort" and got pumped for 305. Definitely my 1 RM max, super slow, but got it with pause and all, focused on staying right at the pause. It's a Wilks of 80.1035, Wilks PR and ties my raw PR. Really really happy with this.

DL

315x2

Belt

405x1

475x1

515x1

535x1

555x1

Coulda had 565. 555 is the second most I've ever pulled outside the fluke at 4T, so really happy here.

I had mentioned to some of you already that I was dealing with some knee issues but regardless I still put up a bench number. This was after a chest and arm workout that I did on saturday.

Bodyweight - 172

1 - 275

2- 305

Scrapped the 3rd

Overall feeling really really strong. I had wrapped up a cycle of smolov jr about a week prior to this and I'm pretty pleased with the results. Unfortunately, the way my new program is structured I couldn't do a rested attempt so that's why I tacked it on to my saturday. Have been a little off with my food as of late as well so came in lighter and a little underfed but very pleased with a strong 305 at that weight. Looking to hit 335-345 at the next comp. Video should be later today when I get home from work.

I had mentioned to some of you already that I was dealing with some knee issues but regardless I still put up a bench number. This was after a chest and arm workout that I did on saturday.

Bodyweight - 172

1 - 275

2- 305

Scrapped the 3rd

Overall feeling really really strong. I had wrapped up a cycle of smolov jr about a week prior to this and I'm pretty pleased with the results. Unfortunately, the way my new program is structured I couldn't do a rested attempt so that's why I tacked it on to my saturday. Have been a little off with my food as of late as well so came in lighter and a little underfed but very pleased with a strong 305 at that weight. Looking to hit 335-345 at the next comp. Video should be later today when I get home from work.

Not to derail, but when you run Jr, do you still train lower body?  Or did you do it because of your injury?