• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Gainsdalf the Whey

Fall Brawl for it All 2014!

I can't answer for Flex specifically but I can say that yes, no matter what you're doing for bench you should always train lower body.

Also, here's my mostly cheesy video of most of my attempts.

Lots and lots of work to do but I set out to put some high bar squat love out there and I think I did that. May not end up first when it's all said and done but it's on the map!

• Like 2

For my bench, was the pause on my 225 bench enough?  I've been working on trying to stick to the true rules, but I tend to panic and just push the bar up.  I know there wasn't a paused on the 2 failed ones, but I thought my pause was good on the 225, but looking for input.

Also, re-watching my video, do you think you I hit depth on my 315 Squat attempt?  It never even was a possibility in my mind I wasn't at depth, but re-watching, I might not have hit parallel.

For my bench, was the pause on my 225 bench enough? I've been working on trying to stick to the true rules, but I tend to panic and just push the bar up. I know there wasn't a paused on the 2 failed ones, but I thought my pause was good on the 225, but looking for input.

Also, re-watching my video, do you think you I hit depth on my 315 Squat attempt? It never even was a possibility in my mind I wasn't at depth, but re-watching, I might not have hit parallel.

Bench - Pause a bit short but definitely not worth failing it on... Not like anyone was doing calls and it always feels longer when you're under the bar.

Squat - Pretty clearly fine on depth.

Pause needs to be longer. I always say the cues in my head "pause" "pause" "bench". The first is to remind to pause, the second I say while making sure I'm actually pused and touching my chest for that full word in my head, then bench gets me going. I thought you were going to have that 3rd bench, so close.

edit: Don't fail yourself on it, just work on it for next time.

Your squat depth is great. I didn't see that part of your question before I watched the video, but during my viewing, was saying "dat depth" to myself and nodding my head.

• Like 1

Not to derail, but when you run Jr, do you still train lower body?  Or did you do it because of your injury?

I did pretty close to my normal routine I just took out all other pushing exercises and lowered my squat days to 2 per week. It wasn't really an injury to my knee but it's been hurting for about a month. Around 2 weeks ago it hurt just unload and hit a single at about 90% so I decided I need to back off or it will be a full blown injury. Not an easy decision since I hit 395 recently and I really want 4 plates. All in time I suppose.

The contest is complete. Below are your new champs!

• The new "NF Power Lifting Champion" is Spezzy with a Wilks Total of 365.44. Congrats!
  • The new "NF Squat Champion" is JDanger with a Wilks score of 132.76. Congrats!
  • Flex Luthor is still the "NF Bench Press Champion" (3rd time in a row!) with a Wilks score of 95.97. Congrats!
  • The new "NF Deadlift Champion" is Spezzy with a Wilks score of 182.75.

Congrats to all participants, I will be updating titles shortly.

• Like 2

Well I got my Top 10 finish... but there was only half the participants of SSSS.  Not sure that counts as anything...

Yeah... but I got a long way to go to really start moving up the ladder.  With the exception of EmCee (only 2 Wilkes points above me, I'm coming for you EmCee), I need to jump 40 points to catch the next group.  Time to get to work.

Well hello there title! High bar for life! 

And yeah Sundae, I'd be lying if I told you I didn't know exactly what I was doing with that attempt. :P You're making some killer progress though so I'm just hoping I can keep up and not be left in the dust next time around!

• Like 1

Well hello there title! High bar for life! 

And yeah Sundae, I'd be lying if I told you I didn't know exactly what I was doing with that attempt. :tongue: You're making some killer progress though so I'm just hoping I can keep up and not be left in the dust next time around!

WOOT!

HIGH BAR OR NO SQUATS AT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

chakarov-270x3_lg.jpg

Also, I might have to actually participate in at least the squat and deadlift next time. I woulda ranked 3rd in squat with my current PR of 161. Who knows what it would be now though since that was a looooooong time ago and it was when I was attempting a double PR...

Congrats everyone!!!!!

• Like 2

We've never really had enough interest that I'm aware of.

Edit: if we do, I'm more than happy to do one, either concurrently or offset 2 months from the PL one, or even a different frequency all together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1