Phytomancer and the Impending Storm

Phytomancer

I think you're being a bit hard on  yourself, you're doing pretty well! :D

Thanks. I didn't spend as much time on research, and I overloaded the dessert, but overall was okay. I'll be more positive! :)

Excellent work! Have fun at the conference [emoji1]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Teirin!

It looks pretty spot-on but hope you have a great week 3!

I surely will.

Mon Sep 29

Phytomacer met several super powerful wizards today; he was intimidated and exhausted by the day's end.

Food:

B- Biscuit with eggs and bacon

L- Greens, chicken kebab

S- Fruits

D- Chicken pra ram, rice, broccoli

Workout- 200 push ups, 100 squats.

Magic: 2 hours.

Week 3 Progress    Green: 1/7 | Grainless 1/7 | Dessert 1/3 | Magic: 3/20 | Cardio: 0/3 | Strenght 1/3 | Word: 5587/10000

I know it's easy to say, but try not to be too intimidated. Most people (even super powerful wizards) like to talk about their research and are flattered if you are interested.

They also all started where you are now :-)

Thank you, you both! I'll keep that in mind. Today was easier, but I have a few academic crushes here in the venture, and I just felt like I lost my tongue whenever I had a chance to speak with them. I'm not even 15 anymore!!

Tues, Sep 30.

More work day at the magic venture for Phytomancer. Super confusing time. He didn't know what he was doing there, but he was not backing down. They're not asking him to shut up or leave yet, so maybe he was doing okay.

Food

B- Egg sandwich

S- Baked snack

L- Beef sandwich, salad, soda

D- Indian food

Workout: running along water front, 30 min. Annapolis is beautiful!

Magic: Finished a methodology section, polished a pilot study - 2 hours

Bonus: doing a beta reading for a writer's fella. His writing is very intriguing!!

Week 3 Progress    Green: 2/7 | Grainless 2/7 | Dessert 2/3 | Magic: 5/20 | Cardio: 1/3 | Strenght 1/3 | Word: 5829/10000

• Like 3

Wed Sep 30

Food

B: Fruits

S: Baked snacks

L: Chicken, salad, green beans

D: Thai spicy vegetable soup, beer

Exercise: Shoulder routine

Magic: 1 hr

Thur Oct 1

Food:

B: Fruits

S: Cookies (I couldn't stop myself when I'm stressed!)

L: arugula pizza

D: Chile Verde

Exercise: rest day

Magic: 1 hr

Week 3 Progress    Green: 4/7 | Grainless 4/7 | Dessert 4/3 | Magic: 6/20 | Cardio: 1/3 | Strenght 2/3 | Word: 5829/10000

Awww, what's the stress?

Oh, just talking to a lot of people and working hard. I was learning about the topic I didn't understand well. But now I'm getting better!

Note to self: Create recipe plan based on the stuff Phytomancer eats (minus desserts, of course)

He does always have really yummy sounding food.

Haha. Having foodie friends have its perk! (unless they start whipping out dessert)

Phytomancer flew through the storm back to his land of cornfield and started working on the magic that may calm the rain god. The wizard convention was scary, but inspiring, and now Phytomancer can work harder!

Aside from readily provided dessert, Phytomancer exercised a lot and had a happy time. Another soccer match came by and he improved.

Friday Oct 4

B- Cranberry bread

L- Miso noodle, onion, cilantro

D- Korean ham soup, rice

Exercise: 2 hour of Muay Thai

Magic: 1 hour

Saturday Oct 5

B- Spicy fish soup with cabbage, potato

S- Roommate's homemade banana-chocolate chip bread

D- Tom Kha Gai, brown rice

Exercise: 2 hour of soccer. Improved a lot!!

Magic: 3.5 hour

Week 3 Progress    Green: 6/7 | Grainless 6/7 | Dessert 5/3 | Magic: 10.5/20 | Cardio: 3/3 | Strenght 2/3 | Word: 5829/10000

• Like 2

Sorry, guys, for skipping too long. Catching up with work after the conference. A lot of magic and emailing. 

Sun

B-Banana, apple

L-Pad-Se-ew

D- Pad Se-ew 

Back routine

6 hours of magic

Week 3 Progress    Green:7/7 | Grainless 7/7 | Dessert  5/3 | Magic: 16.5/20 | Cardio: 3/3 | Strenght 3/3 | Word: 5829/10000

Mon

B-Banana, apple

L-Pad Se-ew with Chinese kale

D-Roasted chicken, greens, rice

2 hours of magic

Tues

B-Bean soup, banana

L-Pad-Se-ew with Chinese kale

D-Thai seafood sour soup with greens

Chest routine

2 hours of magic

Wed

B-Bean soup

L-Thai seafood sour soup with greens

D-Hummus

S-toffee bar

1 hour of magic

Thurs

B-Banana, orange

L-Orange, potato curry, omelette

S-Cobblestone 

D-Misoa with chive and shrimp, baked okra, banana

Shoulder routine

5 hours of magic

Fri

B-Banana, apple, and collard green smoothie. peanut-honey

L-Potato curry, chive and eggs

D-Spicy chicken, beans, shrimps, and mapo tofu, rice

S- cookies

Muay Thai

4 hours of magic

Week 3 Progress    Green:5/7 | Grainless 5/7 | Dessert  3/3 | Magic: 14/20 | Cardio: 1/3 | Strenght 2/3 | Word: 6534/10000

Great video!

You've been busy and you're clearly keeping up with everything.  Go minion!

Thanks Teirin. I am doing all I can!

I learned that one of my students is the same age as I was, and the reason he had been causing troubles in class (verbally harassing his teammate, undermining other students' opinion publicly, bad mouthing other teams, had a mental breakdown when his computer freezes) was because he had a serious mental disorder. The professor and I incubated him today (we talked to him in private room.) That's how I found out.

Now I felt guilty because I had a hunch that he had a mild mental disadvantage, but I didn't think it went beyond ADD plus some personality issues. I feel like I judged him for the troubles that he made, but I also feel like I can't just let him disrupt a class like that. The conversation was emotional and heavy-- like I was thrown into the tornado of emotions. He said some disturbing stuffs, but I could see that he was trying to communicate honestly. 

I feel very drained. I don't know what to do to help him.

Sat

B- Leftover cookies, apples

L- Tofu with garlic chive

D- Eggplant, rice

Magic: 4 hr

Sun

-Porridge with shrimp and chive

-banana

-grilled chicken, rice, pork ribs, bean soup

-100 burpees

- 3 hr of magic

Week 3 Progress    Green:7/7 | Grainless 7/7 | Dessert  4/3 | Magic: 21/20 | Cardio: 2/3 | Strenght 3/3 | Word: 8898/10000

Mon

B- Oatmeal with honey

L- grilled chicken with honey mustard sauce, steamed chive, brown rice

D- Asada burrito, chips

- 2 hr of magic

Week 4 Progress    Green:1/7 | Grainless 1/7 | Dessert  0/3 | Magic: 2/20 | Cardio: 0/3 | Strenght 0/3 | Word: 8898/10000

Measured my waistline-- and it's 34"! After all the slacking and all, I didn't think that it will drop another 0.5". I weighed myself, and now I weigh 153.8 lb (69 kg)!

I haven't been this light since 2010. This is exciting!

• Like 5

Congrats on the progress!

Does your student have a doctor or psychiatrist they're seeing on a regular basis?  That's a condition that needs pro help.  You didn't know about this in advance and you are correct that you cannot allow someone to disrupt your classes this much.  Now you know and can factor that in to how you interact with the student BUT it is also not all on you to do so.

• Like 2

Behave yourself, badly if necessary.

Current Challenge

Judo - Shodan

My Character

Congrats on the progress!

Does your student have a doctor or psychiatrist they're seeing on a regular basis?  That's a condition that needs pro help.  You didn't know about this in advance and you are correct that you cannot allow someone to disrupt your classes this much.  Now you know and can factor that in to how you interact with the student BUT it is also not all on you to do so.

Thanks, Teirin. I had done some researches to understand the symptoms better, so I can learn to approach him and help him learn better while not interrupting others. He has a psychiatrist he works with, and he is trying hard to succeed. I hope he does too. He was one of my first American students.

So... another day of work

B-Homebaked bread, apple, banana

L- Beef whiskey stew, rice

S-peanut butter cheesecake

D-Roasted chicken with honey mustard, Misoa with Chive, Gangbuad pumpkin

50 chin ups, 200 push ups

5 hrs of magic

Week 4 Progress    Green:2/7 | Grainless 2/7 | Dessert  1/3 | Magic: 7/20 | Cardio: 0/3 | Strenght 1/3 | Word: 8898/10000

• Like 2

Wow - look at those chin up numbers!!  I am totally jealous.  In a good way.  

• Like 2

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

Holy cow you're doing awesome!  And keeping quite busy too :)

I agree with what others have said, regardless of the situation you can't have someon distrupting the class all the time, but it is good you found out so you can potentially alter your future interactions with the student.  I hope the situation starts to improve a bit!

Also super extra congrats on the weight and size loss!! That's wonderful.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines