L1 Mini Dungeons (please follow)

Blaidd

A bit late, but...

Week 1: (+1 WIS after challenge ends)

1. Is your overall quest achievable (over a short or long period of time)?  Is it reasonable? Definitely achievable in the long-term!

2. Do your 3 quests all build towards your main quest in little ways, or are you taking on too much? Do your quests have sub-quests or is it just one thing to focus on? They do, by developing habits that will aid progress towards the long-term goal.

3. Are your main goals realistic? Can you scale them to smaller steps to fit your life better, even if it will make it take a little longer to achieve them? They are realistic, and allow for minor gaps (in case life starts sending stuff my way)

4. Are your goals able to be measured and tracked?  What will you use to track them? All 3 are tracked with definite numbers (workout 3x a week, 1 sugared drink per week, etc), so yes, definitely measurable.

5. How are you grading your goals?  Are they pass/fail (“every dayâ€, “not even once over the six weeksâ€)?  Is there a reward for the effort, or are you only grading yourself on whether or not you “lose the weight†or “run the distanceâ€? Spectrum - As, Bs, and Cs depending on number of times per week, with weekly grade reviews.

6. What is your plan for continuing/altering/grading those goals if you become ill or injured? To space out the workouts and allow for greater recovery time, or to reduce the load in order to prevent further injury. If necessary, workouts may be paused, but resumed once I return to minimally ideal physical condition.

7. Did you take into consideration any special occasions (Labour Day, Independence Day, birthdays, anniversaries, etc) that may occur during the challenge?  What modifications do you need to build into your goals for those? Not taken into account as they have little effect on my goals.

8. Do any of your main goals conflict with each other? Will one goal make it hard to do another? No - Goals 1 and 3 are meant to be alternated (so they complement each other), while Goal 2 is a reduce-sugar diet goal, which does not conflict with Goals 1 and 2

9. Do you already have the time in your schedule to actually complete the goals you’ve set?  If not, what are you planning to do to make time for them? Yes - evenings for the workout goals, and the diet goal is simply about control during mealtimes.

10. Are you trying to build multiple habits, or is all your energy focused on your main quest? Building multiple minor habits in order to work towards the main quest and aid long-term progress.

Week 2: (+1 CHA after challenge ends)

#1 done, and #2 done! :D

1. Is your overall quest achievable (over a short or long period of time)?  Is it reasonable? I have to believe that my main quest, to conquer (or at least manage) my depression, is achievable. I simply have to. It may take a long time.

2. Do your 3 quests all build towards your main quest in little ways, or are you taking on too much? Do your quests have sub-quests or is it just one thing to focus on? My quests involve reducing my isolation, increasing my exercise, and changing my diet to identify allergens that may be contributing to my depression. They all directly impact my main quest.

3. Are your main goals realistic? Can you scale them to smaller steps to fit your life better, even if it will make it take a little longer to achieve them? My goals are realistic because I've been conservative with them. I can't handle a lot right now and I need to know I can accomplish something. 

4. Are your goals able to be measured and tracked?  What will you use to track them? It is easy to determine whether I have or have not reached out to friends, or have stuck to the elimination diet. My exercise goal is also easy to track.

5. How are you grading your goals?  Are they pass/fail (“every dayâ€, “not even once over the six weeksâ€)?  Is there a reward for the effort, or are you only grading yourself on whether or not you “lose the weight†or “run the distanceâ€? I haven't done the A-F scale that I see others doing, because again, I criticize myself enough that I don't need to get that granular about it. It's more whether I met my goal or did not. I have not considered rewards. Any ideas?

6. What is your plan for continuing/altering/grading those goals if you become ill or injured? I can find alternate exercise that works for me, like yoga.

7. Did you take into consideration any special occasions (Labour Day, Independence Day, birthdays, anniversaries, etc) that may occur during the challenge?  What modifications do you need to build into your goals for those? Luckily, nothing comes up during the challenge. That's good, because the elimination diet makes it practically impossible to eat out or go to a party.

8. Do any of your main goals conflict with each other? Will one goal make it hard to do another? My goals support each other, which is really great.

9. Do you already have the time in your schedule to actually complete the goals you’ve set?  If not, what are you planning to do to make time for them? I have too much time on my hands right now, so this is the perfect time to do this.

10. Are you trying to build multiple habits, or is all your energy focused on your main quest? I'm trying to improve my life in several ways, which is really daunting when the voice in my head says STOP RIGHT NOW YOU MISERABLE FAILURE. I know that voice must have an off switch, but I haven't found it yet.

If anyone wants to weigh in with ideas, I'd love to hear from you.

• Like 1
Level 10 Ranger | Respawned
Challenges 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Peers: Chronologically Blessed

Hey, I'd already done all three parts of the second challenge! Yay! One thing I'm finding hard is keeping the forums straight in my head. Did I answer that in the accountabilibuddy group or the L1 group? Or was that in my own challenge thread? I was sure I posted about that already! Where did I see that mentioned before... and by whom...

Everyone's so friendly and awesome, it's just hard to keep it straight. :)

• Like 2
Level 10 Ranger | Respawned
Challenges 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Peers: Chronologically Blessed

woooo all these friendlies with sassy signatures :D

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

1&3 My signature is updated and I'm following several people. My phone is my only source of Internet connection at the moment, but I'll update this post with more details when I get the chance.

• Human Adventurer
  • STR 0
  • DEX 0
  • STA 0
  • CON 0
  • WIS 0
  • CHA 0
  • My Challenge thread
  • There's a string that runs through our bad days

If you pull that string real tight

The days all crumple together

And all that you see is night

Done.  Updated my signature and joined an accountability group.  I am following my accountability buddies and lots of other wonderful nerdy fitness peeps. :)

Liser Frenche

Level 1 - STR : 1.3 | DEX : 1.5 | STA : 1.5 | CON : 1.5 | WIS : 0 | CHA : 0

Current Challenge  /Battle Log I   

Previous challenges:

1I  2  3 Epic Respawn

MFP username: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/profile/liserfrenche

"Strive for Progress, Not Perfection"

Hello everyone. .. I'm jumping in to help blaidd... but i spent last week with a huge bunch of nerds in georgia, and this week with a nerd friend in atlanta...i hope to be more active next week!

I only have my phone, so, my dinner can't handle the number of texts.

What i will say is this. .. plan now to attend camp next year. .. $25-30 a week could be plenty. .. that's 5-6 fast food meals a week!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

In His hands and Under His wings, Phil 4:13; Is 40:31; Jer 29:11
 Adventurer by choice

Hello everyone. .. I'm jumping in to help blaidd... but i spent last week with a huge bunch of nerds in georgia, and this week with a nerd friend in atlanta...i hope to be more active next week!

I only have my phone, so, my dinner can't handle the number of texts.

What i will say is this. .. plan now to attend camp next year. .. $25-30 a week could be plenty. .. that's 5-6 fast food meals a week!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Well if someone wants to pay for my airfares from Australia and arrange a babysitter for me then I would definitely be there. :P

• Like 1

Level 1 :: Lycan (STR-2 :: DEX-2 :: STA-2 :: CON-2 :: WIS-1 :: CHA-1)

Challenges:  One

Daily logs: Battle log / MFP

#1 Done :)

#3 Well.. I follow aquafreash - my shield-sister, Hulk in Nerds Clothing - the soon to be Perrin guy from the neighbour land and Amren who seems to be always happy and seeing things as positive as only possible :) It's just awesome to be here. You meet people who struggle with the same problems. You then know you're definitely not alone and with joined forces all make their way through this challenge (or more challenges) and achieve their goals. You also meet people who see things in a very different way. Hulk is eating much in order to gain weight, I am trying to stop giving in to cravings and where I'd be slightly overburdened already Amren stays positive and gives her best to keep a cool head. Reading the thoughts from people who have an other perspective than you can be really helpful. At least, for me it is.

I am a very introverted person.. my "social skills" aren't the best but last year in summer I got to know a huge group of great people I cannot imagine to ever live without them again because they're all such hilarious, damn crazy bastards and being with them it's always an amazing time. And here on Nerd Fitness I enjoy the kindness, the wit, the solidarity very much also. Fellows, you rock! ^_^

"The purpose of life is to be happy." - Tendzin Gyatsho, the 14th Dalai Lama 

Character

#1 and 2 done! I'm part of the CutLass Apprentices and (technically) Assassin Initiates. I did #3 more last week, but I'm trying to get back to doing it more again.

• Like 1

Level 2 Mountain Elf

4 STR | 5 DEX | 1 STA | 0 CON | 4 WIS | 2 CHA

Battle Log | Epic Quest

Current Challenge: Ornata Thrives in the Darkness

Past Challenges: 1

Accountabilibuddies: CutLasses | NaNo Nerds

"In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer." - Albert Camus

Week 2 mini-quest done! 

1. Updated my signature. It's not much -- but it's something :)

3. Following Viking shield-sibs Vepeli and Magnhild, plus several other awesome folks. I shall try to post at least once a day somewhere, but, um, no promises...

• Like 1

hröa Periano, sanar Eldaro, fëa Núnatano

(body of a Hobbit, mind of an Elf, soul of a Dúnadan)

Memories of a former Age [ 1 |  2 ]  ~  Return from Mandos [ respawn ]

Recent sojourns in Middle-earth [ 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 ]

[ Current: The Last Homely House ]   ~   [ Tracking spreadsheet ]   ~   [ Instagram ]

The warrior and the artist live by the same code of necessity, which dictates that the battle must be fought anew every day.  ~ Steven Pressfield, The War of Art

Week 2 mini-quest done! 

1. Updated my signature. It's not much -- but it's something :)

3. Following Viking shield-sibs Vepeli and Magnhild, plus several other awesome folks. I shall try to post at least once a day somewhere, but, um, no promises...

Following you too now! :) We're gonna smash this! With small and steady steps we're becoming the warriors we've been once!

• Like 1

"The purpose of life is to be happy." - Tendzin Gyatsho, the 14th Dalai Lama 

Character

Okay, a little late jumping into the game as I just joined up today, but here goes nothing:

Week 1: (+1 WIS after challenge ends)

1. Is your overall quest achievable (over a short or long period of time)?  Is it reasonable? The overall quest is quite achievable over a short period of time, which should have long-term effects.

2. Do your 3 quests all build towards your main quest in little ways, or are you taking on too much? Do your quests have sub-quests or is it just one thing to focus on? They certainly do, with one a focus on hitting running goals, one planning out future runs, and the third one based on eating better so that I feel better and can run longer.

3. Are your main goals realistic? Can you scale them to smaller steps to fit your life better, even if it will make it take a little longer to achieve them? They are realistic and should be achievable, so long as I can conjure the necessary willpower.

4. Are your goals able to be measured and tracked?  What will you use to track them? All 3 are trackable in some fashion, with the first tracked by days running, the second one on a completion of a schedule, and the third measurable on the number of good meals vs. bad ones.

5. How are you grading your goals?  Are they pass/fail (“every dayâ€, “not even once over the six weeksâ€)?  Is there a reward for the effort, or are you only grading yourself on whether or not you “lose the weight†or “run the distanceâ€? These are definitely along the lines of pass/fail. If I don't run, I can't kind of pass for the day. If I eat good all day and then eat a giant pizza, what was the point in eating right earlier?

6. What is your plan for continuing/altering/grading those goals if you become ill or injured? If an injury occurs, it will only affect one of the three, and even then I would modify to walk a comparable timeframe that it would have taken to run that distance.
  7. Did you take into consideration any special occasions (Labour Day, Independence Day, birthdays, anniversaries, etc) that may occur during the challenge?  What modifications do you need to build into your goals for those? Not taken into account because there are no relevant things that might interfere in this scheduled period.

8. Do any of your main goals conflict with each other? Will one goal make it hard to do another? The goals work together in harmony to help me reach a running event and maintain momentum rather than get lax during an extended recovery.

9. Do you already have the time in your schedule to actually complete the goals you’ve set?  If not, what are you planning to do to make time for them? Yes - mornings are when I try to get the runs in but I am always able to get an evening run in if I fail to go in the morning.

10. Are you trying to build multiple habits, or is all your energy focused on your main quest? This challenge is all about focusing on the one main quest, with diet being the least obvious but perhaps the most important.

Week 2: (+1 CHA after challenge ends)

#1 done, and #3 is done now as well, encouraging and following Hemlock Tea and Magnhild!

Mistborn - Level 1 Human

Class - Undecided

Current Challenge

STR: 1.5 / DEX: 1 / STA: 2 / CON: 0.9 / WIS: 2.6 / CHR: 0.6

RWAR! I've already done ALL THE THINGS!

I'm a member of the SKULLCRUSHERS! Which is linked in my rad-tastic signature.

I also *try* to support my fellow L1s. So I'm 3 for 3 this challenge. 

Whoop for the +1 CHA

tumblr_nbcgyf6bze1tafeuqo2_400.gif

• Like 3

Level 7 Valkyrie Scout

STR 8 | DEX 7 | STA 10 | CON 7.5 | WIS 13 | CHA 12

Challenges: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th
Battle Log

"It's never too late to be what you might have been" - George Eliot

Well I've put together a signature of sorts, and I've reached out across the guilds to suelk of the Scouts and Kaji, another Level 1. Can I get those Charisma points, please?

• Like 1

Level 1 Norse-Gael Minotaur driscool of the Valley of the Arroyomalhuele, otherwise Paradise Keep, otherwise the House of the Clan Huracan. 

me or the future: who blinks first?

STR 4 | STA 4  | CON 3 | WIS 3 | DEX 1

I believe I've crushed this challenge, huzzah!

My accountabillibudies are Adventure into the Verse

• Like 2

Level 2 Canuck Ranger 

STR 3 | STA 2 | DEX 2.3 | CON 6 | WIS 3 | CHA 1

Current Challenge: (2) Nov 10-2014

Challenge Archive: (1) Sept 15-2014 - 

Fitocracy - My Fitness Pal

Spreadsheet O' Tracking

I already know what giving up feels like.  I want to see what happens if I don't.

-Neila Rey

Done all.

• Like 1

Level 0 Tinker Gnome

Weight - 19,4kg gone, 1,6kg to go / 42lbs gone, 3,5lbs to go

97%
97%

%BF - 6% gone, 4% to go

60%
60%

YAYOG Basic Program - 13/44 Workouts

29%
29%

"Specialization is for insects" (Heinlein)

"Yes, there were times - I'm sure you knew - when I bit off more than I could chew. But through it all, when there was doubt, I ate it up, and spit it out. I faced it all, and I stood tall, and did it my way" (Sinatra)

My current challenge

Can I do these even if I started late? Or do they have to be done in their week? I apologize if this is posted somewhere and I missed it.

Padfoot, Level 0 Half-Elf

Str: 0 Dex: 0 Con: (+1) Int: 0 Wis: (+1) Cha: (+1)

Challenge Thread

"Go forth, and fear no darkness." --J.R.R. Tolkien, Lord of the Rings

Main Quest: Bench Press 150 lbs. (Current 5-rep max: 75)

50%
50%

Heyo folks! Ebb&Flow dropping in and scooping up some Charisma!

giphy.gif

I've decided to follow PiRX and Syren for the time being and will probably pick up a few more topics as the challenges progress. Looking forward to seeing ya all in the next mini-challenge!

• Like 1

V:0 - [Aspiring Assassin]

STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0

Challenge #1: A Current Swells     |     Daily Battle Log: Chronicles of S

Mission accomplished!  I have a signature and I'm following a few challenge threads now.  I'm not in an accountability group... maybe next challenge...  Baby steps!!

• Like 1

1 Tim 4:7-8 "...train yourself for godliness; for while bodily training is of some value,

godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come."

Current Challenge: ... this feature is still loading ...

Previous Challenges: Commiting to CommitUnashamedCoping through HopingChillaxes

I'm not sure what week we are on, because I'm just sorta jumping in to start.  And it's late and I have to be up super early tomorrow, so I can't read everything.  But I've made my challenge, and think it's S.M.A.R.T. and posted it and all.  And the week one question about tracking progress, well, I have MyFitnessPal app on my iPhone, but I was kinda liking the progress bars I see so many people with, but dunno where to get them.  I'm gonna have to check more on that stuff tomorrow.  I'm very excited to start!  :-)

• Like 1

A year from now, you may wish you had started today.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines