Cromana - First Challenge - Take 2!

cromana

Hi!

I'm crom, a 26 year old from Peterborough UK and this is my 2nd attempt at a 6 week challenge :)

My first attempt failed after I stopped looking and posting on the forums... although my fitness hasn't suffered for it thankfully!

So first goal - get on the forums once a day!

5 times a week: A

3 times a week: B

1 times a week: C

0 times a week:  F

Over the last year and a bit I've managed to drop a stone and a half in weight, but I've hit a plateau lately. My main goal is to get past it en route to losing the other 5 1/2 stone that I need to. (I know they say don't watch the scales, but I have the weight goal as there is an operation I need that the docs won't do until I'm in the green because of risk)

I have recently invested in a bike, which I'm loving and slowly getting more confident on. So next goal is to get out on it as much as possible. As we're getting into rainy season, if I can't get out on the bike I will replace it with another form of cardio.

2hrs a week: A

1hr a week: B

30mins a week: C

0hrs a week:  F

Last but not least; I've started one of the 5 starter quests from last weeks blog post. 3 sets of 10 press ups a day. Well... press ups against a kitchen counter top since I can't do them from the floor. But it's a start! 

7 days a week: A

5 days a week: B

3 days a week: C

0hrs a week:  F

And on that note, I'm off to do my push ups.

• Like 2

Dwarven Level 5 Assassin

• STR 12, DEX 3, STA 10, CON 4, WIS 10, CHA 3

Challenge: 1, 2, 3, 4 (current)

Main Quest: Weight Loss - to get down to 10st, started August 2013 at 17st 1lb, current 14st 4lb

39%
39%

Up you get then!  :tongue:  I'm watching you!

Following along, you can't hide now!

Watch it you lol! Watching goes both ways!  :tongue:

Dwarven Level 5 Assassin

Main Quest: Weight Loss - to get down to 10st, started August 2013 at 17st 1lb, current 14st 4lb

39%
39%

Completed my pressups yesterday, 20 left to do today. just come back from the swimming pool :) not as big as my usual pool and was on a time deadline but got 20 laps in of 25m (and 10mins in the jacuzzi - bliss!!)

And this is today's post/forum check!

Cycling waits til the weekend when I get back home.

• Like 1

Dwarven Level 5 Assassin

39%
39%

Did all my press ups yesterday and today's. And another day on the forums! 

• Like 1

Dwarven Level 5 Assassin

39%
39%

Welcome Crom!!

I'm glad you're back! Your goals seem fitting. Do they feel good to you? When you get a chance, Blaidd is running a mini challenge that might be good to get involved with in order to help you stay active.

You're posting a lot so that's great. And you're doing well. Love it.

Would you do me a favor and add your name to your title? It makes it easier to find ya. If you go to your first post and click 'edit' and then click 'use full editor' you can change your title. Thanks, appreciate it.

Alright then keep at it and have fun.

22nd level Wanderer

better is right here, right now

The Way

Here's to all the 1% increases in life!

Go Crom! I love biking and luckily my city started a bike rental program recently since I don't have one at the moment. I'll be riding this weekend, too, Houston weather willing. :)

Your goals seem very reasonable and doable. You got this! :)

Sheik. Level 2. Human. Assassin

Current Challenge | Level 2

Previous Challenge | Level 1

i love biking, it's so liberating.

You might notice that i've added a Scouts' tag to your thread.  This isn't to pigeonhole you into particular guild, but rather to bring one of their ambassadors here to offer you encouragement, support or advice.  Your goals this challenge fit well with the overall spirit of their guild and you are more than welcome to pop into their Tavern and introduce yourself to them.  You are also more than welcome to pop me a message anytime. 

Good Luck

AB xx

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

Welcome Crom!!

I'm glad you're back! Your goals seem fitting. Do they feel good to you? When you get a chance, Blaidd is running a mini challenge that might be good to get involved with in order to help you stay active.

You're posting a lot so that's great. And you're doing well. Love it.

Would you do me a favor and add your name to your title? It makes it easier to find ya. If you go to your first post and click 'edit' and then click 'use full editor' you can change your title. Thanks, appreciate it.

Alright then keep at it and have fun.

Hiya, thanks for the post, i'll put my name on the title in a sec :)

the goals feel good, although i'm finding it weird posting on forums daily! a very new thing for me to be 'out there' in a community!

i've posted in the mini challenge already, think i did it all!

• Like 1

Dwarven Level 5 Assassin

39%
39%

Go Crom! I love biking and luckily my city started a bike rental program recently since I don't have one at the moment. I'll be riding this weekend, too, Houston weather willing. :)

Your goals seem very reasonable and doable. You got this! :)

Thanks Sheik!! :) I want to do a lap of my local park and lakes this weekend if I can. Also, my work city has a competition on between companies as to who can log the most bike miles in a month so I need to do my part!

Dwarven Level 5 Assassin

39%
39%

i love biking, it's so liberating.

You might notice that i've added a Scouts' tag to your thread.  This isn't to pigeonhole you into particular guild, but rather to bring one of their ambassadors here to offer you encouragement, support or advice.  Your goals this challenge fit well with the overall spirit of their guild and you are more than welcome to pop into their Tavern and introduce yourself to them.  You are also more than welcome to pop me a message anytime. 

Good Luck

AB xx

Thanks Blaidd, I'll have a nosy round the tavern at the weekend with luck :)

Dwarven Level 5 Assassin

39%
39%

And finally today's update! another post (or 4) on the forums, and another 30 pressups! Also made myself a table to track my days easier over the 6 weeks :)

I'd love to post more in these threads and have a look at others but 4am starts during the week just aren't leaving me with time right now... :( but anyone who happens to read this - Good Luck! I'm sure you're doing great!

• Like 2

Dwarven Level 5 Assassin

39%
39%

At last the end of the week. Another post, another 30 press ups, and 10 minutes on the bike. 

Roll on weekend!

• Like 2

Dwarven Level 5 Assassin

39%
39%

Hey looking good!!

Don't worry about checking in everyday, if it only adds stress to your life. Every other, every two: as long as you're feeling connected enough to keep you motivated!

Enjoy the weekend, love parks and lakes and such. Relax and have fun!!

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

I'm aiming to check in on weekdays, it's like scheduled in now so I remember! My memory is awful...

This weekend was shocking. Everything that could go wrong did go wrong. People not showing for plans, a bank appt went horribly which has led to me having to max out my overdraft... just yeah. I'm glad the weeks over. It did mean however that I only got in 1 hour of cycling :( and may have demolished a tub of hagen daz icecream or two...

Overall scores for the week though:

Get on the forums - 5 days a week = A

30x Pressups - 7 days a week = A

Cycling - 1 hour = B

New week, new start! Back on it with the press-ups again, and this is my Monday post :)

• Like 1

Dwarven Level 5 Assassin

39%
39%

I'm glad you're staying positive about this week. It's hard to separate the weeks, but it's important. I'd say you're gonna be fine. Keep looking for those moments where you can be the Nerd you are, and rock this challenge!

Go week 2!!

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

Overdraft fees are extortionate... my bank charges 50p per day you're in the overdraft. Also trying to get me to pay almost 20% interest on a loan for a car when the advertised rate was like  7%.

But this week has started out well! press ups done today, and posting here and the mini challenge.

I really will visit your guys challenges and threads soon, I promise!

• Like 2

Dwarven Level 5 Assassin

39%
39%

Nother day another dollar! And another forum post!

Just finished watching zero punctuation and 10 pressups left to do today. Even hitting my calorie intake limit today, its a good day.

• Like 2

Dwarven Level 5 Assassin

39%
39%

Ah missed 2 days on the forums! Although in my defence, my parents hijacked me the last two evenings :)

Have kept up with the press ups though. And now I've started a new commute to work, hopefully weather permitting the bike will be out a lot more during the week.

Lost 3lbs over the last 2 weeks :D very happy!

• Like 2

Dwarven Level 5 Assassin

39%
39%

Missed days or not, you are rocking!!

I'm glad the bike thing is happening. I think you'll enjoy it.

As long as your parents did fun hijacking, I suppose it's fine. lol

Have a great weekend!

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

Thanks Terinatum! Got out on the bike yesterday for a bit, about half an hour to town and back. Out again today as well :)

Hope you had a great weekend too!

• Like 1

Dwarven Level 5 Assassin

39%
39%

Week 2 summary

Press ups I managed 6 out of 7 days, which from my scoring system I gave myself an A- but I'm happy with that!

Cycling was really good this weekend, made my 2hr goal and going to do more over next week so A for that!

And I've managed to post on here 5 out of 7 so another A.

Next week I'm thinking of adding another goal to post in the Assassin Initiates thread at least once, be more sociable...

• Like 2

Dwarven Level 5 Assassin

39%
39%

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines