SnowWhite

pqh0z5vs.jpg          MFTzkIDs.jpg          FStqYq9s.jpg          yvEk6cxs.jpg          7PJA5nQs.jpg          MgFljw8s.jpg               

So much has changed for Snow in the past season..... she lives in an entirely different region of the Enchanted Forest, she has found new work to afford her enough gold to trade for the few necessities she can't make, hunt or find herself, she has a few new friends, and she has a new game plan for defeating the Evil Queen. But with all the change that remains, Snow can't seem to shake what has always plagued her.... worry that consumes her, regrets that follow her around like her shadow and an unquenchable thirst for victory over her lifelong foe, Regina, the Evil Queen.

With all the success she's had recently at outwitting the Evil Queen, forging alliances, finding work, sustaining her life and making friends, she is very restless, anxious, troubled, and constantly on overdrive, never taking a break from the work and worry of finding vengeance, redemption, a future, love, a family, everything she is desperately craving. Snow has come to a point in her own life where she realizes that she needs to find ways to channel all of these nerves and all this pent-up aggression, and she needs to make sure she takes care of herself, or else she will not be able to carry out her plans and achieve her destiny.

Snow has decided that it's time to make some changes; she knows that she cannot live with this level of stress, fear and worry every day. She knows that, if she does not defeat her fears now, that fear will become a greater foe than even the Evil Queen.

She has finally made a plan to take care of herself, do things that will calm her mind and her heart, and build up discipline, creating habits that will make her a stronger, wiser, kinder, more disciplined warrior and, someday, Queen. 

(To break through the crypticness, I moved to El Dorado Hills, a suburb of Sacramento, CA, on September 2nd, because I was hired as the Volunteer Director for Congressman Tom McClintock's re-election campaign! I'm living with a supporter and his wife, and trying to get used to a new place, new coworkers, new job, new everything. I will be moving home on November 5th, so this will be the longest I've ever been away from home. I am interviewing with a potential employer for November, and dealing with a lot of stress due to the campaign, being away from everyone and everything I love, unfinished business from the past year, finances, all kinds of things....)

My goals are:

1. Daily Yoga - I will be spending 20 minutes every day doing an online yoga video or doing whatever yoga poses my body needs. For the first 30 days, I will be doing the 30 Day Yoga Challenge on doyouyoga.com with DarkRaven as my accountability partner, and then the rest of the time, I will find whatever videos I want to do each day. This will create peace, relieve my stress and tension, and calm my mind and heart. I am allotting 3 STA points for a successful challenge.

I will rate my success by how many days I miss doing yoga:

A = 0-2 days missed = 3 STA points

B = 3-4 days = 2.5 

C = 5-6 days = 2 

D = 7-9 = 1 

F = 10+ = 0

2. Couch to 5K Program - I will be running 3x a week for the allotted 25 minutes of the C2K program. I love running, but my endurance is TERRIBLE. I hope to just successfully complete the program, and in doing so, I hope to prepare for my first 5K, which is September 27th. It's really soon and I won't be ready to run all of it, but it's for an incredibly good cause and I couldn't pass up doing it. Running makes me feel powerful, accomplished and focused. It clears my mind and takes all of my worries and fears away. Since running is so hard for me and so important to me, I'm allotting 3 DEX and 3 STA points for a total of 6.

I will rate my success by how many runs I miss:

A = 0-2 runs missed = 3 DEX, 3 STA

B = 3-4 days = 2.5 DEX, 2.5 STA

C = 5-6 days = 2 DEX, 2 STA

D = 7-9 days = 1 DEX, 1 STA

F = 10+ days = 0

3. Daily Bible/intelligent reading - I recently read Genesis to Joshua, so I have broken Judges-Revelations up into readable chunks every day, with 1-3 chapters of each the Old and New Testament each day. I have also been working on reading something intelligent every day; right now, they're all political books that will aid me in my new position as the Volunteer Director on a Congressional campaign and in my new position (hopefully) in November on a pre-presidential campaign PAC. This will increase my wisdom and knowledge, and build discipline. It will also improve my confidence on and off the job. I am allotting 2 WIS points and 1 CHA point.

I will rate my success by how many nights I don't read:

A = 0-2 nights missed = 2 WIS, 1 CHA

B = 3-4 days = 1.5 WIS, .75 CHA

C = 5-6 days = 1 WIS, .5 CHA

D = 7-9 days = .5 WIS, .25 CHA

F= 10+ days = 0

Please bear with me on how long this next one is.... It's really important to me to share info about eating disorders. There is not enough awareness about them, so I think it's well worth my time typing it, and hopefully your time reading it.

I am still struggling with my OSFED (Otherwise Specified Feeding or Eating Disorder, formerly known as EDNOS). It can manifest itself in many forms; it is a blanket category to capture everyone whose eating disorder doesn't fit neatly into the box of anorexia or bulimia. Mine is severe atypical anorexia. I have all of the symptoms and habits of anorexia, but I am not underweight and have not lost my period yet. My body is still starving itself and my organs are under constant stress and damage due to my under-eating. 

Some of the signs of anorexia or atypical anorexia:

Obsessive calorie counting and knowledge of calories in almost all foods.                             Purging, or attempting to get rid of eaten food by inducing vomiting or taking laxatives or diuretics.

Hiding eating habits due to shame or embarrassment.                                                           Hiding the food reserved for binges.

Showing excessive interest in weight, body image and fasting.                                              Hiding items such as laxatives or diuretics.

Skipping meals, often eating only small snacks instead.                                                         Ingesting an excessive amount of food, even when not hungry.

Lying about having eaten in an attempt to avoid a meal or snack.                                          Eating until uncomfortable or sick.

Eating only a limited number or type of food.                                                                           Binging, or eating a great amount of food in one sitting.

Exercising excessively, particularly after or “to make up for†eating.                                       â€œGrazing†for as long as food is available.  

“Playing†with or pushing food around a plate rather than eating it.                                          Hiding food (in a napkin, under a plate, etc.) to avoid eating it.

Some of the symptoms and results of (atypical) anorexia:

Organ damage                                                  Abnormally slow heart rate                                                                       Unusually low blood pressure

Abnormal heart rhythms                                    Heart failure                                                                                              Abdominal pain
Constipation                                                       Absence of menstrual periods                                                                 Trouble getting pregnant
Increased risk of miscarriage or C-section         Decreased urination                                                                                Potassium deficiency
Bone density loss                                               Bone fractures                                                                                         Osteoporosis
Kidney stones, kidney failure                             Electrolyte imbalances                                                                             Anemia
High cholesterol levels                                       Dry, flaky, yellowish skin                                                                          Fine downy hair on the face, back, arms and legs
Loss of hair on the head                                     Brittle nails                                                                                               Trouble maintaining core body temperature
Bruising easily                                                    Depression                                                                                              Social Isolation
Irritability                                                             Difficulty with social interactions                                                              Fatigue
Fainting                                                               Chronic Dizziness or Lightheadedness                                                   Poor memory, change in brain chemistry
Decreased attention span                                   Decreased concentration                                                                        Compulsive eating rituals
Obsessive about food                                         Mood disorders                                                                                        Anxiety disorders
Personality disorders                                          Perfectionism                                                                                           Suicidal tendencies
Addictions to gambling, alcohol, or drugs          Compulsions relating to sex, housework, exercising, and/or shopping    Death

I'm dealing with some of the listed habits and quite a few of the symptoms, and I want, not to mention need, to get this under control. I'm tired of feeling scared and sick. I'm tired of it affecting every piece of my life; my relationship with God, my family, friends and guys, my work, running, my social life, everything. I want to reach a healthy place with my body and food. Eating disorders are the most fatal mental health disorder; 10-20% of us die from our condition. I refuse to be in that statistic. It's up to me to fight this with everything I have.

4. Eating my BMR every day and tracking it on MFP - I need to eat my BMR of calories every day and consistently track it on MFP. Currently, that's 1426 calories and I'm really struggling to eat them. I am allotting 2 CON points and 1 CHA point.

I will rate my success by how many days I don't meet this goal:

A = 0-2 days missed = 2 CON, 1 CHA

B = 3-4 days = 1.5 CON, .75 CHA

C = 5-6 days = 1 CON, .5 CHA

D = 7-9 days = .5 CON, .25 CHA

F= 10+ days = 0

Thank you so much for reading my challenge and supporting me in this endeavor! I am grateful for your companionship and I wish you the best of luck in your own quest! 

-Snow <3

"And though she be but little, she is fierce." -William Shakespeare

• Like 5

Pirate Kender Druid, Level 3

1.5 STR | 1 DEX | 1 STA | 7 CON | 3 WIS | 3 CHA

Specializes in flexibility, determination, promoting peace and giggling

Spoiler

"And though she be but little, she is fierce." -Shakespeare

"She loved life and life loved her back."

"It does not take a majority to prevail, only an irate, tireless minority keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men."

-Samuel Adams

"Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world I feel like I can't take it, like my heart's going to cave in." -Ricky Fitts, American Beauty

"I owe to God the gifts given me, to God alone. Without Him I am nothing." -Sergei Rachmaninoff

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God. -Matthew 5:9

You've got this, Snow. I've got your back for anything I can help with.

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

Thank you so much, Jitters <3 The same to you, love!

Spoiler

"It does not take a majority to prevail, only an irate, tireless minority keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men."

-Samuel Adams

"Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world I feel like I can't take it, like my heart's going to cave in." -Ricky Fitts, American Beauty

"I owe to God the gifts given me, to God alone. Without Him I am nothing." -Sergei Rachmaninoff

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God. -Matthew 5:9

Thank you so much, Kareesh! <3

• Like 1

Spoiler

-Samuel Adams

You can do it, Snow!  Just remember that recovery is a slow process and you will have good days and bad days but that doesn't mean you've failed or that you aren't moving forward!  The important thing is to pick yourself back up and keep trying, like you're doing now.  We are all here for you!

• Like 1

Level 3, Halfling Assassin

STR: 6 | DEX: 1 | STA: 5 | CON: 8 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 3

Current challenge | Battle log (not in use) | Epic Quest

Previous challenges: 1 2 2.1

wakeupkickassrepeat_zps624d01fe.jpg

Snow, you know I have always thought you were a true badass and I have all the lurves for you.  I know you are going to do well!

"And though she be but little, she is fierce." -William Shakespeare

Great quote, it was the quote that we used for the midget when she was born...it became the NICU nurses theme for her after that.

• Like 1

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge

You can do it, Snow!  Just remember that recovery is a slow process and you will have good days and bad days but that doesn't mean you've failed or that you aren't moving forward!  The important thing is to pick yourself back up and keep trying, like you're doing now.  We are all here for you!

Thanks so much, Katy girl! <3 I wish you the best as well!

wakeupkickassrepeat_zps624d01fe.jpg

Snow, you know I have always thought you were a true badass and I have all the lurves for you.  I know you are going to do well!

Great quote, it was the quote that we used for the midget when she was born...it became the NICU nurses theme for her after that.

Mitch.... my dear, dear Mitch <3 You have been such a good friend to me the entire time I've been in NF... thanks for all the love <3 And you know how to pick compliments! :D

Oh hai! Der u are

/NW clicks Subscribe

I love that you're following Snow's quest in Once (so need to catch up with the new season! Awesome show)

Awww thanks! I love her like crazy! :D She's everything I want to be! And if you go back to my previous challenges, I wrote even more cool stuff about her and me :)

Spoiler

-Samuel Adams

Here's to seeing your quest completed!

• Like 1

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Here's to seeing your quest completed!

Thanks so much, bro!

Good luck on quest sis! You can do it :D

Aww thanks, miss lady! I miss you!!!

Day 1 Update: 

Bible/reading: DONE! Food: DONE! Yoga: no

I got all caught up on my Bible reading and read 45 minutes of "Political Confrontation", and I ate all 1426 calories of paleo food! Yay me! I didn't do yoga, because I had so much Bible reading to catch up and by the time I got off work at 9pm and got everything done, I fell asleep at 4am... and woke up at 7am.... so I will be doing Day 1 and 2 of yoga tonight... I've decided that I can do two yogas in a day if I want, but I can't ever get more than 1 day behind. And I'm proud of myself, because I brought my running stuff to go running right after work at 9pm! Yay!

• Like 2

Spoiler

-Samuel Adams

I am here

the party may begni

• Like 2

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Great job on getting most of your stuffs done. :)

I did about 5 minutes of yoga yesterday before my daughter decided that, instead of mimicking me, she was going to use me as a playground. lol

Hahahaha nice! That happens with the dog that my hosts have :/ She won't stop licking me! Grrrrr.

Spoiler

-Samuel Adams

I can't bring myself to eat... and it's affecting everything

Spoiler

-Samuel Adams

Hey SnowWhite, just found my way over here to finally sub on your thread!

Sorry you're having a rough day so far! Keep your focus on your goals and where you want to be.

The most important decision is always the next decision!

• Like 1

Cyborg Assassin ≡ Level 2 ][ STR 7.8 â‰¡ DEX 1.8 â‰¡ STA 5.8 â‰¡ CON 2 â‰¡ WIS 4 â‰¡ CHA 3 ]

|  Challenges: 1  |  YAYOG PvP  |

Reduce bodyfat to 10%

35%
35%

YAYOG basic program - 10 Weeks

84%
84%

What's hanging you up?  

Spoiler

PREVIOUS CHALLENGES

2013: 6/1/13 - 7/24/13 - 9/15/13 - 11/6/13   2014: 1/5/142/19/14 - 4/9/14 - 6/6/14 - 7/24/14 - 9/11/14 - 11/5/14 

2015: 1/2/15 - 2/20/15 - 4/9/15 - 6/2/15 - 9/10/15 - 10/26/15   2016: 1/1/16 - 2/28/16 - 3/28/16 - 6/6/16 - 9/19/16 - 10/26/16 - 11/26/16   

2017: 1/1/17 - 9/17/17   2018: 1/1/18 - 2/5/18 - 8/13/18 - 11/26/18   2019: 1/7/19   2020: 9/13/20

Hey SnowWhite, just found my way over here to finally sub on your thread!

Sorry you're having a rough day so far! Keep your focus on your goals and where you want to be.

The most important decision is always the next decision!

Thanks so much, Ben! I appreciate the support.

What's hanging you up?  

Being stressed... being broke... working 12 hour days, feeling very uncomfortable with my housing situation and being worried about stuff and people I love...and wanting to feel skinnier

Spoiler

-Samuel Adams

I've decided to edit the rules a tiny bit; if I get behind in my reading, I can do double the reading the next night, and not be penalized for it. I can only get one day behind, though, so I'll only be doing double at most.

I don't know what to do... I've lost my enchantment with the yoga videos... they're really boring and I don't like the lack of flow... and I don't like the instructor.... I dunno what to do about that, whether to find something new or just push through it...

Here's how I've done so far:

Daily Yoga: I missed Monday and Tuesday, and did it Wednesday

Reading: I read Monday, missed Tuesday, read double Wednesday 

Running: I ran Tuesday, but felt really sick and only did half of it :(

Eating: I ate my calories Monday, and didn't Tuesday and Wednesday

Today, I have eaten a can of peaches.... I will be getting home at 9:30-10 tonight and I am too tired to run... I slept 3 hours last night. I will do my reading and hopefully my yoga. 

Spoiler

-Samuel Adams

Being stressed... being broke... working 12 hour days, feeling very uncomfortable with my housing situation and being worried about stuff and people I love...and wanting to feel skinnier

I'm sorry to hear about all the stress.  As far as wanting to feel skinnier?  I think you are drop dead gorgeous in your profile pic.  :)

• Like 1
Spoiler

PREVIOUS CHALLENGES

2013: 6/1/13 - 7/24/13 - 9/15/13 - 11/6/13   2014: 1/5/142/19/14 - 4/9/14 - 6/6/14 - 7/24/14 - 9/11/14 - 11/5/14 

2015: 1/2/15 - 2/20/15 - 4/9/15 - 6/2/15 - 9/10/15 - 10/26/15   2016: 1/1/16 - 2/28/16 - 3/28/16 - 6/6/16 - 9/19/16 - 10/26/16 - 11/26/16   

2017: 1/1/17 - 9/17/17   2018: 1/1/18 - 2/5/18 - 8/13/18 - 11/26/18   2019: 1/7/19   2020: 9/13/20

I feel ya there. Well, most of it. *hugs* Here's to hoping it gets better for all us soon.'

As for the yoga thing, I would say try and stick with the same stuff for another week. If you're still not liking it, then try to find some other videos. I'm starting to use doyogawithme.com. They have quite a few videos. Or look around YouTube for some. :)

• Like 1

Kareesh

Halfling | Rebel

[Level: 1]

Current Challenge

You have to try to tough out the boring stuff, because it's the boring stuff that makes you extraordinary.

• Like 1

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Hey Snow! Sorry to hear you've had a rough few days, hope it settles down for you. *hugs*   I'd vote for ditching the yoga videos if you aren't enjoying them.  I mean, it's hard enough trying to build a new habit or get into a routine even when you do enjoy something, never mind if it's a chore.  Like Kareesh said, there's loads of other options out there, pick one that you enjoy. After all, your challenge is about finding peace and happiness. ;)

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines