Ugh, Hard Boiled Eggs.

shaar

Hi NF!  I come in search of good food help!

I love a hard boiled egg because I know it's good for me, but oh good grief, when I'm eating them my spine just shudders - I cannot STAND how they taste!  (As a matter of fact, I just ate one and am now furiously drinking lemon ginger tea to get the egg taste away.)  I love them in salads and meals, but as a snack on it's own (with a little bit of sea salt) it's the ultimate yuck factor for me.

So I ask of you - how do you dress up your hard boiled egg snacks??  Slice it and put it on a cracker?  Dip it in sriracha?  Drop me some eggy knowledge!! :)

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

» visit me @ my BATTLE LOG~

I hate eggs too hard and too runny (bit of a funny one, me...) They've gotta be wachs-y as in an orange color, like candle wachs. As I'm writing this I do realize I sound very picky but I'm seriously low maintenance, honest!!

I'd probably put on a bit of semi fat mayo as I'm a biiig mayo fan! Or a slice of smoked salmon? A smidgen of (fake of course) caviar?

But really, if I don't like something I have a hard time eating it and mostly I just don't! Still haven't got around to trying broccoli in a million different ways to make it palatable because I just cannot be arsed haha!

Have you tried deviling them? I think I use mustard. There's also mushing them up with other condiments.

This is a good idea!!

Yeah, i figured since I don't really dig 'em I shouldn't eat 'em... :( But I have 10 of them in my fridge!! ;)

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...

I made a weird salad that tasted awesome the other day: avocado, gala apple and hard boiled egg with a lemon and pavot cremy kraft dresing. Yum

I love hard boiled eggs but cant eat one as is. But mix the yellow with mayo and whatever and put it back in and yum!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Level 7 Yogini green witch

STR 3 - DEX 3 - STA 10 - CON 12 - WIS 13 - CHA 6

Previous challenges : 1 || 2 || 3 || 4 || 5 || 6|| 7 || || 9 || 10 || 11

Current challenge : august 2020

Mantra : I am calm, I am love

Honestly, the best thing I think you can do with hardboiled eggs is to make them into egg salad. Chop the hardboiled eggs. Mix with mayo to taste. Then add a teaspoon to a tablespoon of dijon mustard. Add salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper to taste. Depending on your carb intake you could also add some sweet relish.

• Like 2

“I cannot lift this.†Ahmed ibn Fahdlan having been give a sword.

“Grow stronger!†Herger the Joyous

Specialization is for insects.

Battle Log:

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/49470-serpenthelms-beginning/#entry1064460

Honestly, the best thing I think you can do with hardboiled eggs is to make them into egg salad. Chop the hardboiled eggs. Mix with mayo to taste. Then add a teaspoon to a tablespoon of dijon mustard. Add salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper to taste. Depending on your carb intake you could also add some sweet relish.

I do love some egg salad. I think this might be my best option!

I used to eat them wrapped in a slice of ham or something similar. Little hunk of strong cheddar in there too for flavour.

I'd completely forgotten about that, and I only found this thread because I was bored of eating eggs for breakfast and wanted something different!

• Like 1

Big Show: Human Swift Hunter

Respawning. One day at a time.

Battle Log: #OperationWeddingSuit

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 

you purchase a sous vide water bath 

Sous vide is one of those methods of cooking that means you spend longer cooking your food than eating it ...... also because it only heats the food to the temperature of the water and is ridiculously gentle, some food items like chicken, and egg come out smooth and tender like you wouldn't believe .... other stuff like salmon comes out with the texture of a sloppy gelatine goup stuff that reminds you of set snot :D 

• Like 1

Human | Ranger

Level 3 | STR: 8 | DEX: 2 | STA: 8 | CON: 5 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 7

Current Challenge / Second Challenge, /  My First Challenge

Sous vide machines cost like $400. Or you can build one for like $300. Or you can cheapo rig up something like I do with a pasta pot and a $15 instant thermometer and check temp periodically after learning your stove's heating characteristics through trial and error. Time consuming, but I think it is worth it.

Here's the end clip out of my cooking experiment log for boiled eggs. Specifics will vary based on cooking set up.

11/3/14 cold refrigerated eggs. bring to boil, add 5:20min, cold shock ice water, add cold stabilize to 65c. Hold for 40 minutes. Result: max temp 66.6c, whites 85%/15% solid/snotty, yolk 100% soft cream cheese.

Next. Boil longer, 5:35. Do not allow above 67c during long hold. Manual off/on cycle needed with lid.

Today I had a chopped hard boiled egg with shredded chicken, a little mozzarella, and some Sriracha on it. It was simple but deeeelicious. :)

• Like 1

Not Paleo, but I really like a bit of soy sauce with hardboiled eggs.  The yolk soaks it up like a sponge and any residual egg flavor works really well with the umami-ness of the sauce.  I don't hate eggs but I get tired of them really fast so I'm in your boat, knowing I should eat them but not really wanting to.

• Like 2

Mekong, level 11 Cherek Adventurer STR 37|DEX 27|STA 35|CON 32|WIS 35|CHA 27

"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be."

Current Challenge

Make some God-Tier egg muffins.

Base:

10 Eggs.

150ml of full-fat cream.

My favourite extra's:

150g Broccoli

50g Chopped Spinach

25g Parmesan Cheese

2-3 Pork Sausages (Cooked and sliced)

50g Avocado

I get 12 out of that. Plenty of fat and protein, hardly any carbs. Great for cutting and keep you full for ages. Obviously you can switch the extra's out with whatever you want. Make it bacon and sausages, or broccoli and kale, choices are endless.

• Like 1