Alright.  I'm bowing out of the challenges for a bit.  Well, at least for this one.

I've got the World Championship Spartan Beast this coming Saturday.

After that, I've got about a week of easy training.  And, then I'll be ramping it up once again with a new training plan.

But, I don't feel that the confines of the challenge make sense for what I am doing right now.  So, screw it.  Here's a battle log.

• Like 2

Current Challenge || Previous:: 2020 Reset

There are a ton of previous challenges that I'm not linking

"Freaking pansies. Go work out!" - The Art of Clineliness

Skanks?!

IN!

is there beer? Are there ass slaps?

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

Skanks?!

IN!

I mean, you're here.  Both beer and ass slaps abound with you around. :P

dis-gon-be-good-dis-gonna-be-good-bear-s

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Turns to Ash

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

Skanks?!

IN!

Skanks are fun, right?

But, I'm talking about Skanking!

yyyygt.jpg

You know... that thing I naturally want to do when I hear things like:

I mean, you're here.  Both beer and ass slaps abound with you around. :tongue:

dis-gon-be-good-dis-gonna-be-good-bear-s

I should add tags to my thread.... in fact... I'm going to.

Good luck at the beast!

Thanks, chica!

I was thinking the same thing about the challenges- with the Beast right away and then recovery afterward, this challenge won't do much for me. I'm following along.

Yup.  Plus, I've been so busy - a longer term thread might be best anyway.

• Like 1

Let's see... at some point, I owe a report on the Spartan Super.  I'll get to that when I have a chunk of time.

In the meantime, all is pretty usual in my world.  This week is going to be a bit light in the training department.

Yesterday, ran two miles to Destination Deck.  Did a ridiculous deck.  Ran two miles back to the car.

Oh, and that deck included lots of time in a goose poop riddled field.

10483265_657387617701619_735333969627154

Push-ups, baby.  Somehow not pictured: goose poop

Also... I hate working out.  Can't you tell?

10604633_626543404130435_427630548993693

This morning was 6@6 with some great people.  (6@6 Translation: 6 miles at 6 am.)

10380285_854242764600524_223969963466738

I spent most of this run holding myself back.  Today is the last "real" run of the week for me.  I was really forcing myself not to go with the front-runners... who only finished about 30 seconds before me.  But, we did sprint out the last 250 yards or so.  Because, the guy I was holding back with went.  And, I couldn't let him go alone... right?  (Or, I needed to race him to the finish.)

10609501_10204419522426099_6879644008109

Tomorrow will be a stadium day.  Not sure how many sections will be assigned - but, I know I won't be going full speed.

Thursday will be off.

Friday will be very, very light.

Saturday I slay a Beast.

• Like 2

Goooose poop. Fuggin everywhere right now.

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

AROO!!! *cough*  *cough*  *cough*  *cough*  AROO!!!

splutter.

Given my current state of play (& the fact I'm still doing those OCRs anyway) I don't have the capacity to do a challenge as well.  Sitting this one out.

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

They needed a super high-speed lens to get you guys in that photo!

Was at a mtn bike race over the weekend (just watching some friends and sneaking in a little training run). The RD added a trail (running) marathon this year. It apparently hadn't been widely publicized because there were only 15 runners, but a few of them were from NP. I didn't get a chance to talk to them, but I thought it was pretty badass to be out running the trails in the middle of a bunch of mountain bikes!

6 at 6 is very catchy. Not sure I could talk myself into something similar, but I like the idea.

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

Ha! My friend Erica won the female race! I'm not sure that I realized they were running *with* the mountain bikes. That's fun!

6@6 is what we do. The group is called "The Breakfast Club." And, next week, we are starting & finishing at a restaurant called...

The Breakfast Club.

Synchronicity!

• Like 2

I kinda wish the next picture was that guy getting ready to smack you upside the head but then deciding "nahhhh.... he'd still be smiling"

LOL

Excited?

• Like 1

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

Ska loves the abuse too much to stop smiling.

• Like 2

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

I kinda wish the next picture was that guy getting ready to smack you upside the head but then deciding "nahhhh.... he'd still be smiling"

LOL

Excited?

Dude next to me is also running the Beast on Saturday.  We were "hiking" the stadium & talking Beast the entire morning.  It was nice.

Also, he's one of the nicest guys ever.  Had he seen me reacting that way in time, he would have joined in.

And, fuck yes, I am excited!

Ska loves the abuse too much to stop smiling.

Very, very true.

• Like 1

As I would tell me son, there's still two more sleeps left before you take on the Beast. Make sure you enjoy those sleeps as much as possible. No reason to give the Beast any added advantages.

I don't know, seems like their spacing is perfect for an ass slap. Or, maybe Ska just got one and that's why he's so happy.

"You can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"The important thing is not to think much but to love much; and so do that which best stirs you to love." - St. Teresa of Avila

Current Challenge: Seeks Balance | Battle Log: Ye Olde Battle Logge | NF Character: Public Profile | Strava 

LOL

Excited?

I don't know, seems like their spacing is perfect for an ass slap. Or, maybe Ska just got one and that's why he's so happy.

fify

fify
  • Like 6

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

100%
100%

100.0%
100.0%
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Oh

My

God

I'm laughing on a public bus. Like a crazy person

Well a crazy person w boxing gloves and shin guards

Pardon typos, I'm eating jerky.

I AM going the distance

Oh

My

God

I'm laughing on a public bus. Like a crazy person

Well a crazy person w boxing gloves and shin guards

Pardon typos, I'm eating jerky.

That mental image is funnier than ska's face in the fixed pic.
  • Like 1

100%
100%

100.0%
100.0%
110%
110%

That is awesome... I wish it wasn't so teeny tiny.

Man, at least make it challenging for me to come back with a zinger.

Not that size on upload, may need to send it to you via the book of faces

• Like 1

100%
100%

100.0%
100.0%
110%
110%

Even more frightening, I think.

Not on Philly public transit!

That mental image is funnier than ska's face in the fixed pic.

Better yet - the mental image of me post fight camp, dripping in sweat getting on a bus with random Chinese woman I've been talking to for 10 mins while we debated what drugs the crazy guy with cd's, a cd player, and heavy metal music entertained us at the bus stop....

That is awesome... I wish it wasn't so teeny tiny.

That's WHAT SHE SAID.... except for the "that is awesome part" ain't nobody in the history of world prefaced that statement with "that is awesome"

• Like 3

I AM going the distance