BOOOOOM! NICE!

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

That looks pretty damn spectacular with the NP wear as the backdrop.

"You can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"The important thing is not to think much but to love much; and so do that which best stirs you to love." - St. Teresa of Avila

Current Challenge: Seeks Balance | Battle Log: Ye Olde Battle Logge | NF Character: Public Profile | Strava 

BOOOOOM! NICE!

That looks pretty damn spectacular with the NP wear as the backdrop.

Thanks, guys.  #GrassrootsGear All Day, jstanlick!  Raced in it, then sported a long sleeve, as well as the outer layer.  Proud to represent the tribe on the course!

And, I have to say - that medal is quality.

Current Challenge || Previous:: 2020 Reset

There are a ton of previous challenges that I'm not linking

"Freaking pansies. Go work out!" - The Art of Clineliness

BAM!!!

So proud of you!!!!!!!!

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

Blah blah blah trifecta

Where are the skanks?

• Like 1

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

Alright, peeps... I'll get to the race report later.

There is plenty of good.  And, there is plenty of shit that just went awry.  (Like the timing just not working out to meet up with the other couple of nerds in town.)

Overall - happy with what happened.  And, I know exactly how I'll be training for next year's already.

Yesterday, was an off day... duh.  And, I enjoyed massive Apple-Cinnamon Pancakes drowned in Pure Vermont Maple Syrup... and they were way-more awesome than you are thinking they are.  Drove home & then watched some football for the first time this year.  Then, I topped it off with a couple of beers and a burrito the size of my head.

This week will be light on the training.  But, there will be training.

And, I already started that with some #DestinationDeck action with November Project.  I met up with a friend & ran 2 miles in with him.  Then we had a workout that featured planks, push-ups, sprints, bunny hops, wheel barrows, and a mother fucking DJ!  2 miles back to the car & oh my god, where is my foam roller.  I will be spending some quality time with it later.

10696199_603738723067896_583368093875092

Blah blah blah trifecta

Where are the skanks?

This weekend, I was surrounded by powerfull bad-ass women like these three:

1234004_10152295472471861_69646452756311

From Left to Right:

April Dee - 3rd Place, Claude Godbout - Spartan World Champion, & Corinna Coffin - 2nd Place.

Decidedly un-skanky.  But, I didn't attend the after party to see if there was any skanking going down... somehow I doubt it.

But, since you wanted skanks - here are the creme de la creme of skanks.

hot_tub_902.jpg

Those guys are very much included in that definition.

This video is a pretty great summary of the obstacles.

However, it does not convey the steepness of the slopes very well.  And, it is very annoying that the cameraman goes without burpees.  That is very unlike my run!

This video is a pretty great summary of the obstacles.

However, it does not convey the steepness of the slopes very well.  And, it is very annoying that the cameraman goes without burpees.  That is very unlike my run!

I have always wondered about doing one of these. maybe Ill have to start looking into it.

-The Muscle Professor-

OtherWorldIron.com 

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself. -Rumi-

I have always wondered about doing one of these. maybe Ill have to start looking into it.

I love the Spartan Races.  My girlfriend says that I am an addict.

Also not accurately depicted in that video - the 14.75 miles of terrain & some 7,000 ft of elevation we covered.

I'm with you on all those comments. Great video. Especially to help me remember those first 4 miles- the obstacles from that part of the course were erased from my brain after the slew of pain that came after it. I didn't get a chance to do the tarzan swing either. :( I was waiting for my life jacket when the closed it down.

Quirky DM

My Battle Log: QuirkyDM going Quazy

"Success is simply a matter of luck. Ask any failure."

Guess you didn't hear that part. They lost a swimmer just after I got there. They cleared the water, divers went down and eventually they told us the obstacle was closed and to go around. It caused a huge bottleneck afterward because we had a surge of people who just came off that obstacle with people who skipped it.

That night I heard that the racer that was lost was not in the water. She had gone back and had left without telling anyone. Which is far better than the alternative, so there's no hard feelings, just a missed obstacle that I can look forward to next year.

Quirky DM

My Battle Log: QuirkyDM going Quazy

"Success is simply a matter of luck. Ask any failure."

Carry this, okay, now carry that. How about you carry this other thing? Oh, done carrying those things? How about your carry yourself? How about you carry yourself all sorts of things? Then carry other things again. Now yourself. 

My arms are tired now.

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Guess you didn't hear that part. They lost a swimmer just after I got there. They cleared the water, divers went down and eventually they told us the obstacle was closed and to go around. It caused a huge bottleneck afterward because we had a surge of people who just came off that obstacle with people who skipped it.

That night I heard that the racer that was lost was not in the water. She had gone back and had left without telling anyone. Which is far better than the alternative, so there's no hard feelings, just a missed obstacle that I can look forward to next year.

Oh, man!  I had not heard that.  Scary.

Carry this, okay, now carry that. How about you carry this other thing? Oh, done carrying those things? How about your carry yourself? How about you carry yourself all sorts of things? Then carry other things again. Now yourself. 

My arms are tired now.

My arms were so. freaking. tired. by the end.  However, it did not prevent my 12oz curls.  Of which, there were a few before passing out HARD.

• Like 1

My arms were so. freaking. tired. by the end.  However, it did not prevent my 12oz curls.  Of which, there were a few before passing out HARD.

Well, after all that, you need a proper cool down to prevent soreness, right?

"You can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"The important thing is not to think much but to love much; and so do that which best stirs you to love." - St. Teresa of Avila

Current Challenge: Seeks Balance | Battle Log: Ye Olde Battle Logge | NF Character: Public Profile | Strava 

Well, after all that, you need a proper cool down to prevent soreness, right?

Glad to see he's taking on lots of fluids.

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

This is some very interesting GPS data analyzation of what the Beast included.

Highlights:

• 16.5(ish) miles
  • 8,000-8,000 ft of elevation gain
  • Water Temp of 52ËšF (11C)
  • Virtually no time spent on a flat surface - you were constantly either ascending or descending.

The race is being aired on November 16th on NBC, right? I'll be looking to see if your in any of the shots :D

This is some very interesting GPS data analyzation of what the Beast included.

Highlights:

• 16.5(ish) miles
  • 8,000-8,000 ft of elevation gain
  • Water Temp of 52ËšF (11C)
  • Virtually no time spent on a flat surface - you were constantly either ascending or descending.

That part sounds especially brutal.