Clearly he needs someone to chase him and provide encouraging ass slaps during the race to improve that sorry 5k time.

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

haha.  If I can't pine to be better here... ;)

*snort*  I'll add "you are hardly epic" and follow it up with

But, I do agree that I am not epic.  I'm just a guy trying to push my body harder.

(however it was a good run even if you lacked the killer instict.  Now go back to training and don't stop!)

AS IF I would stop training!!!

Clearly he needs someone to chase him and provide encouraging ass slaps during the race to improve that sorry 5k time.

Volunteering?

Current Challenge || Previous:: 2020 Reset

There are a ton of previous challenges that I'm not linking

"Freaking pansies. Go work out!" - The Art of Clineliness

Yesterday, I met up with one of my running peeps and we ran the 3+ miles to the Destination Deck together.  Deck was on the waterfront next to one of the new office/living spaces erected over there.  There is a small grassy space out there surrounded by some seating areas, etc.  That's not important.  What is important is that at 5:50am until the time we left around 7am, they were softly pumping jazz in that space.  That made for a cool meeting spot.

Partner workout, involving sprints, planks, and push-ups.  Great time on the first legit chilly morning of the year.

10422547_617931221648646_119486568943704

Then 3+ miles back with my running bud.

It was a good morning.

• Like 3

And since we are talking about training...

Yesterday, a friend and I busted out a nice tempo-ish 8.5 miles in just over an hour.  Felt really strong through the entire run despite a minor side stitch that plagued me for a couple of miles.  Lunch apparently decided to hang around a bit longer than it was welcome to.  Yet another reason that I prefer running in the morning.

This morning was a nice wet low 50 degrees morning at the Stadium.  I was definitely feeling tight after last night's run, but still managed the 40 sections that were prescribed.  And, of course, had a freaking blast.  When the skies finally opened up towards the end of the workout... it was awesome!

10403571_618804701561298_307189296415532

Braced for impact

I AM freaking chasing the bastard.  I'm just so far behind he can't see me.

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Turns to Ash

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

Well, evolve some Mr. Incredible style stretchy hands then, jeez.

Like *I* would keep up, hah.

• Like 2

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

I love that you post these NP pics.  They are always so great.  The one by the water above is really nice. 

Everyday your joy about your running and NP group is something that brings me joy. 

And someday raptron and I are going to sit on the drinking deck (I seem to recall you call it the "disabled" deck or something...) with the PR pig and ass slap all of you as you run by. 

• Like 2

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

And someday raptron and I are going to sit on the drinking deck (I seem to recall you call it the "disabled" deck or something...) with the PR pig and ass slap all of you as you run by. 

I'm so glad I'm all caught up on this thread or I'd be wondering what kind of euphemism that sentence is.

"You can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"The important thing is not to think much but to love much; and so do that which best stirs you to love." - St. Teresa of Avila

Current Challenge: Seeks Balance | Battle Log: Ye Olde Battle Logge | NF Character: Public Profile | Strava 

I love that you post these NP pics.  They are always so great. ...

Everyday your joy about your running and NP group is something that brings me joy. 

And, since you love it... This morning's Breakfast Club silly pics.

Before - (aka I can still be silly before I'm fully awake)

10354820_878157548875712_637843213610922

My hat says "Run Happy".  I obliged.  

My strava entry says it all for this run "6.5@6 - Cruise Control with a Final Kick."  It was cool & crisp and we saw a beautiful sunrise.  Doesn't get much better.

After:

10268585_878157668875700_538626629615213

FISHY FACE!!!

on the negative nancy news-front...

The orchard race that I was looking forward to this weekend has been converted to a road race this year because of some bullshit politics going on in that town.  I have no interest in running that race as a road race.  The entire point was because it was a cross country race!

And, I got invited to participate in a cross country race on Veterans Day where if you finish the 4.3 mile course in under 33 mins, you get a freshly baked Apple Pie!  Are you kidding me!?!?  And, the race is free.  That's awesome!

But, unfortunately, I won't be able to attend that because of my kids' social calendars.  I'll be taking my son to take part in his own cross country race that morning and then my other son has an indoor soccer game that afternoon.  Not enough time to fit it all in.  So, no race for me....  To the google to find another option!

Those darn kids. Still, if you can't run, watching them do it is the next best thing.

On a sidenote, how are you doing any cross country/trail races at this time of year? If I go out on the paths here, it's a huge carpet of leaves and it's almost impossible to make out the trails. It's like running blindfolded through the woods since you can't see anything on the ground. (like branches, rocks and holes) 

Quirky DM

My Battle Log: QuirkyDM going Quazy

"Success is simply a matter of luck. Ask any failure."

Well that sucks about the race.  Stupid politics, getting in the way of everything.  I say you just run the course anyway.  Not like they could catch you. :P

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

Run through the apple orchard and steal all the apples, giggling like a goblin! Then make a pie for your kid's race and give it to him as a reward.

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

Today was a special weird amazing day at the stadium.

This doesn't impact many of you - but, fuck it.  It was a pretty monumental moment in our tribe.

New leadership in Boston while the Founders focus on protecting & expanding their brand.

In case you couldn't grasp it from the video, this sums up everyone's reaction so freaking well.

That announcement was done in front of 7-800 people between the end of the 5:30 group's workout and the beginning of the 6:30's.  After which, I started my workout mostly cold.  As in, my body was not warmed up, it wasn't cold here.

Two-three sections in, I did something I have never done before.  Fell flat on my face.  I'm fine.  But, it took me off my game for a bit.

Between that and starting cold, no PR today.  But, that's ok.  I tried a new technique on the stairs and got used to running down the big steps.  I'm planning to practice this as much as possible.  There is a different feeling you get in your legs from the impact going down as opposed to the small steps.  But, there are no issues passing and I think I can knock my time down in a big way if I string it all together.

1467258_622297887878646_8325568765679206

6:30 Group - Where's Waldo Photo

The Tribe is Fucking Strong, y'all.

The Tribe is set on a #WorldTakeOver

• Like 1

I'm totally hoping that WILL impact me. In that, they'll start expanding more and more and get a November Project going in my city. Then I can know the joys of falling on my face and freezng my ass off while running up and down endless amounts of stadium stairs. (you know, in another life, that last sentence would have exploded all over your screen because I'd have pumped it full of sarcasm- somedays, it's freaking strange to say these things and actually mean them)

• Like 2

Quirky DM

My Battle Log: QuirkyDM going Quazy

"Success is simply a matter of luck. Ask any failure."

. (you know, in another life, that last sentence would have exploded all over your screen because I'd have pumped it full of sarcasm- somedays, it's freaking strange to say these things and actually mean them)

ooh, I hear that.   I still stress because I can hear the snark that (should) be in my voice sometimes..

Speaking of #WorldTakeOver and expansion...

Maledictus, should definitely check out Project Awesome in London!  The dude that runs that is a FANTASTIC human being.

yeah, I don't live there.  But I got in touch.  Let's see what happens :)

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

I know you don't live there. But, don't you have to go there sometimes? Maybe even for work?

I go there for work pretty much every day.  2 hour commute each way.  But I have to admit I'm just a bit keen to get my own PR Pig - they look delicious.

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

Fuck yea, the tribe is strong.

Two-three sections in, I did something I have never done before.  Fell flat on my face.  I'm fine.  But, it took me off my game for a bit.

Welcome to the falling-flat-on-your-face club.  Our membership benefits include bouts of a red face, scrapped appendages, and a willingness to get the fuck back up.

But, that's ok.  I tried a new technique on the stairs and got used to running down the big steps.  I'm planning to practice this as much as possible.  There is a different feeling you get in your legs from the impact going down as opposed to the small steps.  But, there are no issues passing and I think I can knock my time down in a big way if I string it all together.

How the fuck am I ever going to catch you.