The Amazing SpideyStrength #3: Learning to Juggle...Again

spideystrength

After failing my last challenge, I'm ready to come back now that I'm in school with some structure in my life. Unfortunately, I have no wingman as of yet and I'm struggling to stay motivated, but I'm really going to try this time.

My main quest is to get consistent with working out again. Lately I've just been really flaky about actually exercising when I say I will..

First, I aim to work out at least 3 times a week. I'll probably be using mostly POP pilates videos because they're free, don't require equipment, and I can use them in the privacy of my bedroom. I might go running here and there while the weather is warm, and I'm really looking into Crossfit right now. A local place does a nice student discount and it looks amazing. (+2 str, +2 sta)

Second, I want to cook for myself more. Living with my aunt, I've always just eaten whatever she makes for dinner that night, but she recently bought a frozen yogurt place and is gone most evenings. If there are leftovers, I mean, why not eat them? But I want to cook my own dinner at least once a week. (+3 con)

Third, I really want to be able to do a handstand (away from a wall!). As soon as I work up to this, I'll just aim to break and set personal time records. (+2 str, +2 sta)

My Life Quest is to improve my German skills. I used to study German all the time but then pushed it aside to concentrate on my schooling. I'm ready to jump back into it, so I intend to spend at least 20 minutes a day on Duolingo.com to work on the language. (+2 wis, +2 cha)

Here's to levelling up!

level 3 | super-human
str 8 | dex 4 | sta 8 | con 6.5 | wis 5 | cha 4

#1 #2 #3 #4

Wie Geht's?  That's about all I remember from high school aside from some random words. I've never heard of POP Pilates before. I'll definitely be looking into it. Good for you for wanting to cook for yourself. I'm not really great in the kitchen, but in the last few years I've really found that there are good for you, simple, recipes out there that actually have flavor. I'll be looking forward to updates. 

Lady Feowyn Miread of Eldavar

You have no idea what you're capable of, you didn't create you.

Megathirio Discord- https://discord.gg/kr2YCJM   

I'll probably be using mostly POP pilates videos because they're free, don't require equipment, and I can use them in the privacy of my bedroom.

Don't let price be a factor in having your very own gym...

20140126_195754_zps2c9778d8.jpg

Roughly 50 bucks and some creative thinking got me 12 pound weights, 25 pound kettelbell, 45 pound kettelbell, 80 pound sandbags, 2 sledgehammer, and a 250 pound tractor tire.

It's been a few days; how are you holding up?  Good luck and have fun this challenge :)

Check out the minis or chat at the tavern if you want:

Minis - http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/53533-minis-please-follow/

Tavern - http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/53532-tavern-ask-questionschat/

Unfortunately, I have no wingman as of yet and I'm struggling to stay motivated, but I'm really going to try this time.

That's what this community is for. If you need help or support- Tavern or even send me a private message. I'm always happy to help.

To send- http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/50975-how-to-pm-and-follow/

• Like 1

It's been over a week, so I should update this. :)

Teros, price isnt as big an issue for me so much as space. I don't have physical room for those things, so I'm pretty much limited to body weight stuff.

1: I've been doing mostly core and upper body work this week. I've been doing my pushups from my last challenge, and I can officially "drop and give you twenty!" I'm so excited about that!!

2: I've cooked three of my own meals. I found this black bean spaghetti that's flourless and I'm pretty much obsessed with it.

3: i kinda forgot about this one. I'll do better this week.

LQ: I'm LDS, and I've read the Book of Mormon several times and always wanted to read it in German. So that's the current project. I'm almost done, and i'll start over when I finish. I've only worked on this like three days out of the last ten, so I promise to work on that more too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

level 3 | super-human

#1 #2 #3 #4

Week 2/3 update:

1: Working on strengthening the last few push ups in my sets of twenty. Next I'll try crawling push ups! Man, I used to hate push ups but now I love them :)

2: Made mung bean fettucine with diced chicken, mixed veggies from my aunt's garden, and tomato sauce. Probably the best thing I've made myself in college.

3: I am at about a 15 sec hand stand, kicking off the wall (and using it as a crutch).

LQ: I'm on a six-day streak on Duolingo! You can follow me there as OliviaJasper :)

(I updated my original post to show what kind of points I'll be giving myself upon completion)

level 3 | super-human

#1 #2 #3 #4

Week 4 update:

This week I was really consistent in my exercise (I did something every single day!!) but I kinda dropped the ball with my cooking goals. It's midterms right now and fashion week, so I'm super busy! However, I did make time to practise my hand stands EVERY DAY!! They are getting so strong and it just makes me want to do it more and more, haha. I can stand indefinitely against the wall, but I'm having trouble getting away from it. I can do short little bursts of free-standing-ness, but I always have to bail after only a second. Also, I'm still pretty shaky with my last few push ups. How do you get past a plateau with bodyweight stuff?

As for my German, I kept up a streak for nine days on Duolingo! I'm taking a break from it for a few days though while I translate a paper for a class...I get to pick my own projects in that class and the paper translation was a sweet option. :)

level 3 | super-human

#1 #2 #3 #4

Sounds like you're doing awesome! I admire that you've gotten to the point of actually enjoying push-ups. Someday I hope to get there!

Keep it up!

~Arrowan

Human, Adventurer 

Level 4

STR 9/ DEX 6/ STA 15/CON 8/WIS 16/CHA 7

"Use what talent you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang 

except those that sang best." -Henry Van Dyke

Hey, hope you survived your week. As far as bodyweight stuff, you can modify things to make them more or less difficult. Push ups for example: If someone has a hard time doing them, elevating the upper half of your body (put your hand on the countertop or I use the couch) can make it easier. If you find normal push ups to be not much of a challenge, then elevating your feet can make them more difficult.

Lady Feowyn Miread of Eldavar

You have no idea what you're capable of, you didn't create you.

Megathirio Discord- https://discord.gg/kr2YCJM   

Uhhh so I am really terrible at keeping this thing updated. Figured I'd come back and tie it off since tomorrow begins the next challenge.

I actually kept this up the whole time! At the beginning, it was a struggle to stay consistent, and nearer to the end I actually got talked into a gym membership and I've been going every day. So, +2 str, +2 sta! Yay!

I'm really glad I challenged myself to feed myself more. I didn't eat as healthily as I could have, but I am starting to feel more like an adult that can take care of herself and perhaps be more capable on her own. +2 con out of a possible 3!

Okay, the handstand thing turned out to be completely awesome. I can do it away from the wall for a few seconds, and I can even now do them with only one arm, against the wall of course. I started taking pictures every time I did it to brag on Facebook. Here's one I did on Halloween in my She-Hulk cosplay. +2 str, +2 sta! A+! I'm reeeally happy with the outcome of this part of my challenge. ^_^

As for my Life Quest, I have not been doing this consistently at all. I started out strong, but about halfway through I basically lost it. I did accomplish a lot by translating this document for school, however, so I will give myself half credit, +1 wis, +1 cha.

I consider this challenge a success, and I have a feeling that my next challenge will be 10 times better than this one. I'm much more into my groove now, I know where I need to improve, and I have a better idea about what I need to get there.

level 3 | super-human

#1 #2 #3 #4

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines