Mini Challenge Thread: We don't need no stinkin title.

Hammlin

Sooooooooo here we are rangers.... At the beginning of another challenge and here we find ourselves standing at the foot of a mountain. Maybe it's metaphorical... Nah. You are legitimately at the base of a really tall peak.

All the rangers have spent the week gathering around the based, and our navigation team has outlined a path up the side of the mountain.

Together we climb.

Rangers!

Welcome to another challenge! Let's get some vertical distance in!

We are needing to get to the next point on the map which means we each need about 50 flights of stairs.

For those of you who are new, these challenges are meant to push you in your own ability level. You can scale and tweak them without my permission, all I ask is that you do your best, play along, and be a part of the team!

Let's go!!!

• Like 7

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

Hmmm.. 50 flights each.  My house has 2-1/2 flights of stairs.  That means I need to go from basement to top floor 20 times..  Best to get started...

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

I know where I'm headed tomorrow...

med_gallery_17054_1393_79905.jpg

• Like 6

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

My office is on the second floor but my flat is ground floor. I think I'll take the stairs at the tube station in the morning instead of using the escalators. Will need to run up and down the stairs in my building a few times to make up the numbers I think! My neighbors are going to love me! 

• Like 1

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"

Only have access to my stairs at home, can't wait to see the look on my partners face when I start running up and down them :playful:

Also my first mini challenge so woop!

• Like 1

Half-Elf Ranger

[Level: 4 | STR 9 | DEX 5 | STA 9 | CON 10 | WIS 10 | CHA 7 ]

Feel free to visit - Current Challenge

Challenge 3 - Challenge 2 - Challenge 1

Feel free to add me as a Fitbit Friend

count me in on the mini's

i've logged about 25 or so flights this week at work so far(actually average 7 a day). so i'll be sure to do an extra amount today

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

*Checks initial post*

*Facepalm*

Right, so I've gone up... 11 flights of stairs already. Won't make it at this pace, but I have a plan to pick it up. Just need to remember counting.

Do what you can, maybe we can rig a pulley system and bring other folks up in baskets :)

• Like 1

My Blog | My Story

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

Sorry first mini challenge. Do we post here if we complete it, or is this just for our own records? Also, How long do you have to do this? 1 day? 1 week?

It's meant as an extra surprise workout, I suppose. Usually they last for a week and it's up to you to keep track. A post here when you're done will do, but feel free to post ideas, progress and anything that might inspire and keep the enthusiasm levels high :)

• Like 5

Lvl 58 Multitasker

Hum ..... time to start counting and hunting for them.  I work at home - the house is a ranch style.  Interesting challenge to get me out of the house!

• Like 2

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

Quick question, will this challenge be all vertical? Or will there be some running/biking/walking/swimming sections coming up? I'm not able to do much in the way of stairs on account of my knees being absolutely horrid. Although I did end up going up 7 flights of stairs last night after work on account of the elevators eating my phone's signal and being on a call that was a bit too important to let drop. :)

Ugh. My big plans did not come to fruition. My new leg program is great...for giving me DOMS! I stretched and foam-rolled and did some exercise biking today. No City Hall stairs for me.

I'll be back over there Friday. (Which should be leg day again, but it is getting moved to Saturday!)

• Like 1

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Quick question, will this challenge be all vertical? Or will there be some running/biking/walking/swimming sections coming up? I'm not able to do much in the way of stairs on account of my knees being absolutely horrid. Although I did end up going up 7 flights of stairs last night after work on account of the elevators eating my phone's signal and being on a call that was a bit too important to let drop. :)

Just this week :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Blog | My Story

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines