Mini Challenge Thread: We don't need no stinkin title.

Hammlin

PR.... Dead lifted 90# yesterday... Plus did 3 sets of 80# lat pull downs.... Usually can't do more than 2 before I have to go back to 70lbs. I am going to count that as my -to failure set as well, since my form was shaky at the end (almost didn't complete the 5th rep).

Sent with a flurry of little thumbs and dog hair.

• Like 1

LyricalSharon

~Hobbit with the heart of an Amazon~

LVL 4 STR 7 DEX 1.5 STA 8.75 CON 5 WIS 3.5 CHA 3

I'm getting this road on the show... 

This is so much cooler than [insert diet program]

Battle Log Current Challenge

43 bodyweight squats in one set. I usually do 3 sets of 20. But for this mini I went until failure in one set.

I will see if I can beat this however.

• Like 3

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

I did a set of 9 band assisted push ups and I think it was to failure. I tried to do another and couldn't push myself back up. Well I felt I may have been able to but it kind of really hurt so I'm counting it as to failure? So there we go.

I'm gonna go for a set of 10 Friday as my 30 day challenge has me doing 19 that day so it'll be a set of 10 and then 9... Hopefully.

Here we go!

Sent by TARDIS delivery service. Apologies for typos caused by interactions with the time vortex.

• Like 2

Wednesday - 4 sets of 20 neutral grip and 20 underhand grip ring rows (body at less than a 45 degree angle) and 15 body weight squats each, no rest in between. The alternation between the upper body and lower was my rest. And no DOMS!

Oh, Nerdhammer, I will miss thee...best thing to happen to my workouts ever, even with the sick in weeks 4 and 5.

• Like 3

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

In it's death throes, it has spawned a multitude of future games however...

Indeed. There is much to look forward to...

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

A second PR for the week. I managed to run my driveway [1.47km round trip] in 12 minutes 47 seconds. The first time I walked the driveway it took 14 minutes 46 seconds. That is basically 2 minutes knocked off. I am happy with this result even more than the Bodyweight Squats. 

Raider is the Warhammer PvP going to happen next challenge?

• Like 2

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

Last week all my workouts were AMRAP (As Many Reps As Possible within a set amount of time) and so intense that the last thing I cared about was my numbers. I might have set a benchmark and bested it, but I have no certainties.

Raider is the Warhammer PvP going to happen next challenge?

There's stuff I need to change and I don't think it'll be ready for next challenge but it WILL be re-launched when it's done

• Like 3

Lvl 58 Multitasker

So Brother Grimblood may emerge from the warp after all.

I worked on planks for my PR.  I didn't do much to improve on it this week.  I did a lot of core work for a couple different PVPs and groups so I think I just wore myself out.  But, my baseline was a PR at 60s.  It's been difficult to duplicate though. 

• Like 4

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

I worked on planks for my PR.  I didn't do much to improve on it this week.  I did a lot of core work for a couple different PVPs and groups so I think I just wore myself out.  But, my baseline was a PR at 60s.  It's been difficult to duplicate though. 

Sometimes the effort is more important than the PR itself. Sounds like you worked pretty darned hard :-)

• Like 4

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

I PR'ed on my Sunday run.  I had three sub-15 minute miles while road running!  The wind was blowing  and there is no such thing as a flat trail to run here.  So proud of myself.  Bummed that I had to finish my run indoors but I finshed the whole 6 miles as planned. 

:-)

Two weeks between challenges is hard...  What about a mini Ranger challenge here during the break???  :-) 

• Like 5

Ranger-Monk Hybrid - Do all the things and lots of BJJ

I am a strong little powerhouse 

Current Challenge: Terra turns 50?!?!?

I don't have exact numbers, but my run on Wednesday was a PR in a way, because I made it through all the staircases (the 12 Hills) along the docks without stopping at/on any of them. This was in the middle of a (very slow- like 53 minute) 5K, but the steps barely fazed me.

So yay!

• Like 2

Tzippi Longstockings, level 9 Ranger/Monk 

Battle Log - My Fitness Pal - Quest to Find My Epic Quest - Challenges:   #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7,

The Westerosi Fitness Tour: Dorne Stormlands Vale the Reach Westerlands The Wall 

MamaBear Kiss Off Waterbending Rounding <<Current

Yes! For those who participated, please award yourself 1 point of your choosing! Onward!

• Like 3

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines