Sunday October 5

Water: 4 of 8 >_>

Food: Yea, let's not talk about that

Workout: burpees x 13

Monday October 6

Water: 6 of 8 

Food: Much Better!

Workout: Burpees x 14

Really achey day :(  Shoulder hurt much of the day, and the elbow on the same side kept getting sharp pains on movement--felt like tendinitis or something. The other elbow was feeling a little tendonitis like, also. The lower back is still sensitive, on the right side. The right hip still hurts on and off. Ugh. I was cranky all day.

Tuesday October 7

Water: 8 of 8 (finally)

Food: Good, no major issues today. Could be better about the veggies, though everything was reasonably healthy

Workout: burpees x 15

I'm taking it easy this week to try to get the ouching things to feel better.  Tomorrow I'm going to a spa thing with a friend. Thursday I go back to the sports med doc, hopefully for some answers on that shoulder.

Aww thanks. I know, it is an amazing body, and it crafted 2 human beings at the same time. I just want it to do MOAR. Patience is not my strong suit, I admit.

ha. ha. ha.

2192e28434e6d752147de45fd444f383ad95d706

And here I was doing some maths to encourage you.  Like this:

rpo7B6Y.jpg

It may be excessively large, but how does it feel knowing you can press a clouded leopard over your head?

Dear Haikoo,

Why is it that every single stinking challenge you basically abandon your thread about 3 weeks in? You really must stop doing this. You need to learn to finish, even if things get in the way and your goals get off track. The thread is there to help keep you ON track. STAHP.

Love,

Haikoo

Dear Haikoo,

Why is it that every single stinking challenge you basically abandon your thread about 3 weeks in? You really must stop doing this. You need to learn to finish, even if things get in the way and your goals get off track. The thread is there to help keep you ON track. STAHP.

Love,

Haikoo

it's a fairly common theme we all have.  And the idea of the challenge thread is for the community to help keep you motivated.   Aaaaaand...  <checks his last post here> I haven't exactly done my part to help you with that.  So there's that, too.

please don't look at my thread it's worse

So what's been going on? 

I'll tell you.

I'm totally failing on food. I mean I have good days, but I am having more bad moments than I should. We have had a really off few weeks and are eating junk way too often.

Water is doing so so. I am, on average, consuming more than I do when I don't keep track. I'm probably only hitting 8 glasses about 60% of the time. 7 glasses 90% of the time, so

that's improvement.

So remember how my right hip was giving me some trouble? Well, I really ouched it a couple weeks ago when I was playing soccer with my daughter and her friends. Outstretched kick at an awkward angle and it's not been the same since. Stops hurting when I rest it a couple days. Starts when I do anything aside from sitting on my ass, even walking for extended periods. Some days it hurts a lot, sometimes not as much.

Results of my shoulder MRI. The good news, I do not have a full tissue tear or anything in my rotator cuff. What I do have is some major irritation, bursitis and tendonosis/little tears in underneath that acronium. This is likely being caused or exacerbated by  a lovely little bone spur on that acronium that's decreasing that space and causing irritation and impingement. It's a lovely little cocktail. 

So basically I opted to try the less invasive method of trying to fix this first--the lovely cortisone shot in the back of my shoulder. Ew.  It hurt like hell for a few days but has been a lot better since then. I have been completely resting my shoulder, doing pretty much nothing that might irritate it. I've also stopped taking the anti-inflammatory meds. The purpose of this was to try to "reset" it and get that inflammation out of there. Now I need to start strengthening it and actually using it some to see what happens. Today I wrote up a program for me to follow, so here goes nothing on that. I am supposed to check back with him in 3 weeks or so. I have felt some irritation the past couple days but no major pain. If the cortisone does not solve the problem, the next step is probably surgery. :(

My cat is holding stable. She is still peeing on odd things if they are left on the floor. (Blankets, cloth bags....) This is frustrating. It's happened 3 times in the past 3 weeks or so. Could be worse. If we keep these things off the floor, it doesn't happen--but I have kids, and kids have brain damage. No matter how many times I remind them, they still leave these things on the floor. Right now we are just watching. When she declines more, we will do what we need to do.

It is now Autumn and that means critters are trying to come into my house. One of the cats found one a few weeks ago. This week I found evidence of them in the kitchen. I.hate.mice.in.my.house. This gives me so much anxiety it's not even funny. I can feel my heart rate go up just thinking about it. I am not afraid of mice. I even think they are cute. But not in my house. The thought of them crawling on my stuff, and the mess the make. *shudder* We've had exterminators out in the past, we've had holes plugged, baits out...they still get in. Hate hate hate hate. Trying to get my husband to refill the bait boxes but now he's sick and I can't reach them all. I want to scream and cry.  

That is pretty much what has been going on. I'm frustrated because of life stuff, I'm frustrated because I basically cannot lift right now due to shoulder and hip. I really can do almost zero exercises because everything either involves lower body or upper body. I'm not pleasant to be around. My mood is fowl, I'm complaining all the time and I am just in a major funk.  Kudos to you if you managed to get through all of my negativity to this point.  Also, the weather has been cold.

This grumpy hedgehog is totally my spirit animal lately.

Grumpy-04.jpeg